PDA

View Full Version : FCS Post Season Football

AppFan56
December 6th, 2008, 08:05 AM
On the morning of a big game I'm stuck in New Jersey (I have to go to a family wedding) when my heart and soul is in Boone NC for App State vs Richmond in the D1 FCS Quarterfinals. I'm watching the local sports show featuring a story about Rutgers (NJ = D1 FBS) Football and basically the media is lauding the program for "turning around" their season to go 7 - 5 after their "big" win over 5 -7 Louisville. They are 7 -5 and they are excited because they are headed for a Bowl game! Big F-in deal! When you look at the level of excellence required for teams in the FCS to make it to post season I just don't understand how most people don't get how good our football is. I'd love to get another shot at LSU. I'd also like to get a game against a Big East team like Rutgers or Syracuse or maybe a rematch with Michigan. Notre Dame anyone? Buffalo beats #12 Ball State and its big news - the two teams playing in Boone today would crush Buffalo. OK thanks for letting me vent!

jonmac
December 6th, 2008, 08:56 AM
On the morning of a big game I'm stuck in New Jersey (I have to go to a family wedding) when my heart and soul is in Boone NC for App State vs Richmond in the D1 FCS Quarterfinals. I'm watching the local sports show featuring a story about Rutgers (NJ = D1 FBS) Football and basically the media is lauding the program for "turning around" their season to go 7 - 5 after their "big" win over 5 -7 Louisville. They are 7 -5 and they are excited because they are headed for a Bowl game! Big F-in deal! When you look at the level of excellence required for teams in the FCS to make it to post season I just don't understand how most people don't get how good our football is. I'd love to get another shot at LSU. I'd also like to get a game against a Big East team like Rutgers or Syracuse or maybe a rematch with Michigan. Notre Dame anyone? Buffalo beats #12 Ball State and its big news - the two teams playing in Boone today would crush Buffalo. OK thanks for letting me vent!

Mr. B, I, too, am unable to be in Boone today and I'm desperately trying to find some place to watch the Mountaineers. No decent sport's bars in Elizabeth City, NC. I may be relegated to listening online. Not so bad, but I'd rather watch. I would also like to play some Big East schools. GOAPPSGO!!!!!!!!!! and GOBOBBYGO!!!!! Hope he gets some PT and does well today.

ps-I don't know you but it's great hearing about APP from the perspective of a player's father both on AGS and THE MMB. Thanks for you input.

letsgopards04
December 6th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Being from NJ. The reason everyone is so crazy for Rutgers is that they started 1-5 and won 6 straight. They are by far the best team in Big East right now. You talk all tough AppFan. I am sure you wouldn't do any better than the 5-2 Rutgers put up in the Big East.

Tod
December 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM
AppFan is obviously a newbie when he feels he has to explain...

Rutgers (NJ = D1 FBS)

AppFan, FCS is D-I as well (Roman, not Arabic numerals), and we know where Rutgers plays.

Other than that, I feel your pain...