PDA

View Full Version : Which conference is the best conference in D1-AA

SU Jag
November 16th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Who would you guys say had the best conference? Once you've taken a look at how strong the teams are, attendance, and atmosphere who would you guys say has the edge?

JaxSinfonian
November 16th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Is it a rule that someone has to bring this up every two weeks or something?

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Who would you guys say had the best conference? Once you've taken a look at how strong the teams are, attendance, and atmosphere who would you guys say has the edge?

NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONO!!!! Not THIS topic AGAIN?!?!?! :bang:

I'll just say it now....I'm a dead horse, can I come in for a beating???

:deadhorse

Hamptongal
November 16th, 2005, 12:50 PM
NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONO!!!! Not THIS topic AGAIN?!?!?! :bang:

I'll just say it now....I'm a dead horse, can I come in for a beating???

It is his first post so he probably hasn't seen it previous to this...cut him some slack...meanies. :rolleyes:

SU Jag
November 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Whoa Jax State! I didn't know that it was such a popular topic. How are the Gamecocks doing this year? I saw you guys damn near beat UAB, and from what I saw I felt like you guys should win the OVC.

eaglesrthe1
November 16th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Depending on the importance that you gave to each of the three criteria, you could make a case for a lot of different conferences.

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 12:53 PM
It is his first post so he probably hasn't seen it previous to this...cut him some slack...meanies. :rolleyes:
Sorry...I should have included some smilies!! :D :p

It's a discussion that has no right answer...most would have you believe that there is definitely a wrong answer....the back n' forth will never end....it's like talking about politics and religion.

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Strictly based on personal opinion, I like the atmosphere the SoCon projects. It seems like for the majority of teams in that conference, football is HUGE in so many ways. That's refreshing coming from the PL.

Hamptongal
November 16th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry...I should have included some smilies!! :D :p

It's a discussion that has no right answer...most would have you believe that there is definitely a wrong answer....the back n' forth will never end....it's like talking about politics and religion.
As opposed to the who is the best team that will be left out of the playoffs, who is the team that will make it that won't belong, who is overrated, who is underrated, who has the best fans, is race involved, horses that get beat on a daily basis?

;) ;) ;)

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 12:59 PM
As opposed to the who is the best team that will be left out of the playoffs, who is the team that will make it that won't belong, who is overrated, who is underrated, who has the best fans, is race involved, horses that get beat on a daily basis?

;) ;) ;)

Touche. :cool:

Then the A-10 is the best. There is no debate. HA! LOL

Second would be the MEAC. HA! I'm killing myself...

SoCon48
November 16th, 2005, 01:13 PM

And you'll get your butt flamed if you don't say A-10

bandl
November 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM

DING DING DING DING!!!

I'd feel inclined to defend the A-10 this year (even if they get 3 teams in the playoffs). But....the fact that the my defending National Champs won't even be in the playoffs this time around....and 3 of the 4 A-10 teams in the playoffs last year won't be there this year.......you can see why I don't have real a solid base to stand on.

TypicalTribe
November 16th, 2005, 01:26 PM

While I think that attitude was somewhat justified the last couple of years, it certainly is not this year. Frankly, I'm not sure there really is a standout conference this season.

TypicalTribe
November 16th, 2005, 01:28 PM

;) ;) ;)

Those are at least relevant topics at this point in time. The conference discussion can be had at any time, and usually is, but makes for much better reading during the slow days of the offseason.

crunifan
November 16th, 2005, 02:04 PM
OMFG Guys, the MEAC and OVC are the best!!111!1 :D

Hamptongal
November 16th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Those are at least relevant topics at this point in time. The conference discussion can be had at any time, and usually is, but makes for much better reading during the slow days of the offseason.
He can argue that this topic is quite relevant to how many teams from each conference would likely be able to get into the playoffs...everything is relative.

Lapper
November 16th, 2005, 02:16 PM
THEY DON'T CALL IT THE BIG SOUTH FOR NOTHIN'!!!

Lapper
November 16th, 2005, 02:17 PM
what a minute...yes they do...a bunch of nothin'

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2005, 02:20 PM
The OVC?

Hamptongal
November 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM
The OVC?
I am 99% sure that was sarcasm.

FlyYtown
November 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
UNIDome-Ice Castle
3 Playoff Teams looks like this year.

GATEWAY

BigApp
November 16th, 2005, 02:49 PM
SWAC, greatest ever. Followed closely by MEAC...... :eek: :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

ChickenMan
November 16th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Since '00... the A10 has sent 10 of it's 12 teams to the playoffs... (10 of 11 if you consider that Towson is only in their 2d year). I doubt that any other conference can come anywhere close to having 83% of their membership participate over the past five seasons.

SU Jag
November 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I love watching the So Con teams play, but as far as all around conference I got to go with the SWAC. There are 5 teams in the SWAC, Grambling, Southern, Alabama A&M, Alabama State, and Jackson State who have yet to play before a crowd less than 20,000. Jackson State had over 50,000 for homecomming. Alabama A&M has played in front of 60,000+ twice this year. The fans in the SWAC are as passionate as anyone. The SWAC has lead D-1AA in attendance for 23 years. Atmosphere, fans, and everything else makes the SWAC the best in my opinion. The MEAC is also strong when it comes down to fans and crowd support. As far as on the field, I like the Atlantic 10 and the So Con.

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Since '00... the A10 has sent 10 of it's 12 teams to the playoffs... (10 of 11 if you consider that Towson is only in their 2d year). I doubt that any other conference can come anywhere close to having 83% of their membership participate over the past five seasons.

You are probably right there. The PL is at 57%.

Eagles_Cliff
November 16th, 2005, 04:02 PM
The A-10 is by far the best conference with the best teams and the best fans! The Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and NY Giants, Jets, and Patriots are also the best in their respective sports.

And if you don't believe me, just ask the folks at the major media outlets who cover sports and are headquartered in the blue/northeastern part of the country :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bostonspider
November 16th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Which is the other team not to go? URI I am guessing....

TypicalTribe
November 16th, 2005, 04:23 PM
The A-10 is by far the best conference with the best teams and the best fans! The Yankees, Mets, Red Sox and NY Giants, Jets, and Patriots are also the best in their respective sports.

And if you don't believe me, just ask the folks at the major media outlets who cover sports and are headquartered in the blue/northeastern part of the country :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This sounds a lot like paranoia.

Tailbone
November 16th, 2005, 04:26 PM

Forged in the fires of BigSky competition, a BigSky representative has played in 50% of the last 10 NC games. Can any other conference boast the same? :D

blukeys
November 16th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Forged in the fires of BigSky competition, a BigSky representative has played in 50% of the last 10 NC games. Can any other conference boast the same? :D

And that single Big Sky "representative's" name is ???????????????????????

Or as some would say of the Big Sky Montana and the 7 dwarfs.

Poly Pigskin
November 16th, 2005, 06:28 PM
THEY DON'T CALL IT THE BIG SOUTH FOR NOTHIN'!!!

Your South may be Big, but our West is GRRRRREAT!!!

(That's what would happen if Tony the Tiger became our conference spokesperson.)