PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Having Trouble with Gameplan??

mcveyrl
December 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
So I just called my local cable provider (Charter) and tried to order Gameplan for the weekend. The guy told me that it wasn't available. I said "The games are showing up on my on-screen channel guide" He says, "Well you can order them on your end, but I can't order them here." We left it at that when I hung up.

I thought you could order Gameplan for a weekend. Am I wrong??

mcveyrl
December 5th, 2008, 10:47 PM
So I just called my local cable provider (Charter) and tried to order Gameplan for the weekend. The guy told me that it wasn't available. I said "The games are showing up on my on-screen channel guide" He says, "Well you can order them on your end, but I can't order them here." We left it at that when I hung up.

I thought you could order Gameplan for a weekend. Am I wrong??

Nevermind. Found out.

AlphaSigMD
December 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Wow, I didn't see this thread before I made mine. I'm with Time Warner. What did you find out?

Tribe4SF
December 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
And what did you find out?

cougarpines
December 6th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I'm with Comcast. No problem.

BarefootApp
December 6th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Comcast in Florida....no problem that I know of...I was able to get it for one day only.

ChickenMan
December 6th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Also Comcast in DE.. no problems.

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Sorry guys. Went to bed last night. I finally talked to somebody reasonable and ordered it for the week. the first guy just didn't know what he was talking about.

Tribe4SF
December 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Got a single day package from Cox for $21.99.

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Got a single day package from Cox for $21.99.

I was told that the 22 bucks should cover a whole week (mine turned on last night, but it's just ESPN Radio with scores right now.)

The lady I spoke to at Charter said to call next week and make sure that it did not automatically renew.

AppMAN04
December 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I have direct tv and they wouldnt let me get it. He said they dont offer it for just one day.

AlphaSigMD
December 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I talked with a supervisor this morning at time warner, and they said that they had stopped offering the weekly package because the reimbursement had gone down. Maybe directv is the same way.

The supervisor told me that since that policy took effect that several people had order weekly by ordering the package (half season $79) and then canceling it the same day via their 24 hour customer service line. That way, it will go through as a temporary purchase and be charged a service fee plus a prorated usage rate.

He was 100% sure I wouldn't be charged for the complete rate, but in the unlikely case that a glitch happened, I could get them to adjust it by calling the billing department.