PDA

View Full Version : UConn's Ambrose Inside Track for Towson Job?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2008, 04:30 PM
http://blog.thetowerlight.com/?p=298

Finally, who are the potential candidates? For all the Dave Clawson supporters out there, that’s unrealistic. He’s a rising star in coaching, and once you coach in the SEC, you won’t come back. Especially to a program that is largely devoid of talent and will not win right away. Mike Locksley, a TU grad and current University of Illinois offensive coordinator, could be on the short list, but he will command major money that TU just doesn’t have. He’s also rumored to be in the running for the Syracuse head coaching job.

But the guy I’d target if I were Hermann is Rob Ambrose, UConn’s offensive coordinator. A Towson graduate, Ambrose served as an assistant coach from 1993-2000 under Combs and would not command nearly as much money as Locksley. Plus, Ambrose is largely credited with Towson’s success on offense during his time as an assistant and currently has one of the nation’s leading rushing offenses at UConn. During his time at Towson, Ambrose saw five All-Americans on the offensive side of the ball. He is charismatic, knows how to recruit the East Coast, and even has head coaching experience at the collegiate level after coaching Catholic University in 2001. He would add much needed stability and be a popular choice with alums. He seems to be a perfect match if he wants to get back to being a head coach.

It’s in Hermann’s hands. I just hope he makes an informed, well thought-out decision.

Interesting speculation I thought I'd relay here.