PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Schedule Layout

UNHWildCats
December 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I just wanted to get some input before I put too much work into the layout I will use for this years schedules.

Its similar to what I did two years ago using team logos and also using the color coding system like last year. Early on a lot of conferences will have a lot of different colors mixed in.

I did this to eliminate having to use text which requires making the boxes larger.

This image is a downsized version. The final version will be larger (just over 950 PX wide)

Please leave any feedback so I can make changes prior to working on final versions. I hope to have the final layout decided by Saturday and then spend Sunday preparing it for the website.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8494/2009schedexamplesk0.jpg

Dukie95
December 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I would suggest using one color for home and one for away, and a different mechanism to indicate confirmed, unknown or likely.

So, confirmed could have a bold outline, unknown with dots, and likely with dashes...It's just too hard to remember what 6 different colors represent.

UNHWildCats
December 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I would suggest using one color for home and one for away, and a different mechanism to indicate confirmed, unknown or likely.

So, confirmed could have a bold outline, unknown with dots, and likely with dashes...It's just too hard to remember what 6 different colors represent.
ya but doing that if a confirmed game has unconfirmed games all around it the solid lines of the confirmed game would then have the dashes or dots making it look unconfirmed.

What I was going to do is only put on games that are confirmed with a confirmed date that way we have no issues beyond the main two colors to signify home or away.

wideright82
December 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM

or just 3 colors. One for known, one for unknown, one for likely. Then just put an H or an A for home or away. This way you only need to know 3 colors, and the first letter for Home and Away.

edit: or just an @ in front of away games.

nwFL Griz
December 4th, 2008, 03:48 PM
While the logos are pretty, text is better. It may make the boxes larger, but not everyone will know what logo goes with what team. For instance, in your picture above, in Delaware's schedule....not everyone will know that the first game is West Chester.

UNHWildCats
December 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
or just 3 colors. One for known, one for unknown, one for likely. Then just put an H or an A for home or away. This way you only need to know 3 colors, and the first letter for Home and Away.

edit: or just an @ in front of away games.
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx that I can do :)

UNHWildCats
December 4th, 2008, 03:51 PM
What about colors.

Orange for Home
Lt Green for Away
Lt Blue for Unknown

Decent enough?

wideright82
December 4th, 2008, 03:55 PM
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx that I can do :)

Glad I could helpxthumbsupx

What about colors.

Orange for Home
Lt Green for Away
Lt Blue for Unknown

Decent enough?

Yeah those colors contrast enough, I assume the orange is a paler orange, but as long as they aren't too close in color. Those should do fine.

UNHWildCats
December 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Glad I could helpxthumbsupx

Yeah those colors contrast enough, I assume the orange is a paler orange, but as long as they aren't too close in color. Those should do fine.
last year I used just text and used the orange above as well as a light blue (lighter then the blue above)

I figured I would use the orange above and use the same blue as last year for unconfirmed games.

Jackman
December 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Kudos to Villanova for taking on 4 opponents on the same day. That's hardcore.

(Just messin' wit ya.)

poly51
December 4th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I thought your last years format was great. I don't know the logos well enough to read this one.

Thanks for all the hard work.

wideright82
December 5th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Kudos to Villanova for taking on 4 opponents on the same day. That's hardcore.

(Just messin' wit ya.)

I think we have double sessions too that day. xlolx

appfan2008
December 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I just wanted to get some input before I put too much work into the layout I will use for this years schedules.

Its similar to what I did two years ago using team logos and also using the color coding system like last year. Early on a lot of conferences will have a lot of different colors mixed in.

I did this to eliminate having to use text which requires making the boxes larger.

This image is a downsized version. The final version will be larger (just over 950 PX wide)

Please leave any feedback so I can make changes prior to working on final versions. I hope to have the final layout decided by Saturday and then spend Sunday preparing it for the website.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8494/2009schedexamplesk0.jpg

it is hard for villanova and maine to play northeastern on the same day!

Libertine
December 5th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I have been constructing my own in precisely that format for two years now. Personally, I don't like to use text but I've discovered that most people I show it to don't recognize all the logos so I've kept it in. The only things that I color-code are Wins and Losses (pale green for wins, pink for losses) throughout the year. It really comes in handy for counting D1 wins.

Seawolf97
December 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
No matter how you arrange it - Thanks for all the time and effort you put in on this. It is always appreciatedxthumbsupx