PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado Gives Scott Downing Three Year Extension

UNCBears2010
December 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
xoopsx xeekx xoopsx xeekx xoopsx xeekx

University of Northern Colorado football head coach Scott Downing confirmed this morning that he has signed an extension to his contract.

He has been the head coach for Bears for three seasons.

His contract was to expire in June 2009.

Throughout his three seasons as the head coach for the Bears, Downing’s record is 3 wins and 31 losses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khSIYmTzt6U

This is increibly stupid. Our AD is now #1 on my S*** list.

Hansel
December 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
is Matt Millen your AD?

UNI Pike
December 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe he changed the compensation to a "comission" plan, based on wins. Either that, or Downing has pictures of the AD with a dead girl or a live boy.

putter
December 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
This might sound crazy but I don't think it is that bad of a thing. If things bounce your way this year you would have won, what, a total of 5 games? That would have been very good progress over 2007 and with another year of experience and recruits the Bears should win those close games next year.

UNCBears2010
December 4th, 2008, 02:46 PM
This might sound crazy but I don't think it is that bad of a thing. If things bounce your way this year you would have won, what, a total of 5 games? That would have been very good progress over 2007 and with another year of experience and recruits the Bears should win those close games next year.

I see 3 wins as an absolute maximum for us next season, 2 or 1 is more likely.

HoyaMetanoia
December 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Georgetown won't fire Kelly after 5 wins in 3 years and no progress. Heck, with his performance, they would have given Downing a 200% raise and lifetime deal.

UNI Pike
December 4th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm available for that type of deal

CopperCat
December 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I don't agree with that at all. Downing had his chance. Averaging one win per year is incredibly pathetic, especially for a school that was so dominant in DII.xconfusedx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I don't agree with that at all. Downing had his chance. Averaging one win per year is incredibly pathetic, especially for a school that was so dominant in DII.xconfusedx

Something we agree on. xlolx

I mean, this next year and the year after, most of the team will be his recruits... but still... only 3 wins with what you've got... pathetic.

Ronbo
December 4th, 2008, 06:02 PM
What's Joe Glenn going to do now? xsmiley_wix

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I agree with Putter. I think this is a good thing. Your team lost some close ones this year and I think they will learn and improve on that front. Look for the Bears to have a winning season next year.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I personally hate how often coaches get fired in today's day and age. I know it is part of the profession, but a little loyalty can still be a good thing. If you change coaches like underwear, no one is going to want to play there. Alcorn is gonna have some fallout coming form their latest stunt IMHO. Just because they extended it 3 years, doesn't mean he can't get canned next year.

ncbears
December 4th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I like the young talent Downing has brought in but I wish the school had enough money to bring in quality assistance. I think that's where a big problem is.

NoCoDanny
December 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
There are conflicting reports on this, the paper never said three years, the word now is that it is a one year extension.

Mustang Man
December 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Looks like another three years of singing the UNC Blues.

Dun woke up this morning.....
and what did I see.....
A wee little ole' Aggie.....
laughin' at me.....

So I log on to AGS...
and start crying the UNC blues...
cry, cry, cry

I cry my blue and gold tears...
as another late touchdown...
leaves us winless this year...

already123
December 4th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Wow...UNC has definitely improved, just not in the wins column.

Funny story, your old AD is our current one. Souers is coming back for yet another mediocre season. Similarities?!

NoCoDanny
December 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Confirmed it is a ONE year deal so this is his last shot to make a mark. Hopefully he coaches like his job depends on it because now it does.