PDA

View Full Version : YSU should be loaded next year! Right?

ysubigred
December 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Football: Brandon Summers, Kamryn Keys Pace Sweep of MVFC Newcomer Awards

St. Louis, Mo. – Junior quarterback Brandon Summers and redshirt freshman tailback Kamryn Keys gave the Youngstown State football team a rare sweep as both captured the Missouri Valley Football Conference's Newcomer and Freshman-of-the-Year honors, the league announced on Wednesday. xbowx

http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2008/allnewcomer.htm

clenz
December 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
5 is quite the honor for them.

Who else was on the team from the MVFC? I know UNI had 4 freshman on the team. 2 freshman WR (Herring and Collins) a freshman OL (Jay Teply), and our freshman back up QB (Davis)

TCisMYhero
December 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Football: Brandon Summers, Kamryn Keys Pace Sweep of MVFC Newcomer Awards

St. Louis, Mo. – Junior quarterback Brandon Summers and redshirt freshman tailback Kamryn Keys gave the Youngstown State football team a rare sweep as both captured the Missouri Valley Football Conference's Newcomer and Freshman-of-the-Year honors, the league announced on Wednesday. xbowx

http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/2008/allnewcomer.htm

Youngstown St. The Chicago Cubs of FCS.

ysubigred
December 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM

xconfusedx Seems that UNI would fit that role better xrulesx We're more like the Pittsburgh Pirates lately :o

appfan2008
December 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM

YSU has four titles... not so much for the cubs...

Mountain Panther
December 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
xconfusedx Seems that UNI would fit that role better xrulesx We're more like the Pittsburgh Pirates lately :o

Hey at least the Cubs have ONE title!

xbawlingx

TCisMYhero
December 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM

I suppose I forgot that if you don't spell out exactly what you're saying around here, people twist your words. My comment applied to the "it will happen next year" rhetoric that has become standard for YSU lately. I suppose we can be lumped into that group as well. But right now, I'm thinking there's always THIS year!

nmatsen
December 4th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hey at least the Cubs have ONE title!

xbawlingx

2, get it right.

ysubigred
December 4th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I suppose I forgot that if you don't spell out exactly what you're saying around here, people twist your words. My comment applied to the "it will happen next year" rhetoric that has become standard for YSU lately. I suppose we can be lumped into that group as well. But right now, I'm thinking there's always THIS year!

Good luck xthumbsupx UNI is the MVFC's only hope xbowx

achrist70
December 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I think what it comes down to with YSU is the depth right now. Until they can get better depth at all positions they aren't going to win the MVFC. That is why UNI and SIU are always up there, their great depth allows them to reload every year not rebuild.

ysubigred
December 5th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I think what it comes down to with YSU is the depth right now. Until they can get better depth at all positions they aren't going to win the MVFC. That is why UNI and SIU are always up there, their great depth allows them to reload every year not rebuild.

Exactly right. We have a coach who has no clue on recruiting for depth. He loaded up for 06 now we are looking at 10 before we can have a shot. Next year we'll have Summers and that's about it unless we get x-fer/JUCO's and a lot of them.

DetroitFlyer
December 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Has YSU announced a 2009 or any other future schedules? Any chance that Dayton is on any future schedules?