PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate for JMU game

JMU Newbill
December 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
http://www.jmu.edu/jmuweb/general/news/general10334.shtml

This article from the JMU website makes it sound like they are going to restrict all parking on campus because of exams, with the exception of the lots that all the parents and older alumni that have a lot of money tailgate in. Those tailgate passes by the stadium don't come cheap.

Hopefully, us recent graduates that usually tailgate in the student parking lots will still be able to set up shop.

Anyone that's still at JMU or otherwise have any additional information about this?

Dukie95
December 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
The only General Parking available on Campus will be in the Warsaw Parking Deck located just across from the South Main Street Entrance to West Campus on Warsaw St. or in the C12 Parking Lot located off of Reservoir Street near the Soccer Fields and across from the Festival Conference Center on the East Campus.

There are your options.

bandl
December 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM
When did JMU start having exams on saturdays??? xeyebrowx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Wow! That will be a cluster ______! Many recent alumni park over in the baseball lot or by hillside. Thanks for the heads up!

JMU Newbill
December 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Well yea... thats the thing... I always park in Hillside or by the baseball field.... but that article says the only lots open for general parking are going to be all the way over by ISAT... which is stupid. I also doubt very seriously they will allow any tailgating in the parking lot by Bdubs (or inside the garage over there for that matter).

I am hoping that I get there Saturday morning and they aren't actually enforcing this stuff. If not.... oh well.... I'll either do it anyways or I guess I am making the drive up the hill to ISAT and pretend I am a computer nerd instead of an accounting dork.

JMU Newbill
December 4th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Bandl: When did JMU start having exams on saturdays???

Unfortunately, I had a handful of my Accounting and Finance exams on Saturdays.

bandl
December 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Bandl: When did JMU start having exams on saturdays???

Unfortunately, I had a handful of my Accounting and Finance exams on Saturdays.

I guess my question is....When did they start doing that?? I never had any exams on saturdays (I was also in Zane Showker, majored in Marketing and Advertising in '99).

Unless there were too many snow days....or if it's just different by department. xreadx

Either way, that sucks for people expecting it to be as easy to find parking as it was last weekend. I had absolutely no problem getting into the baseball lot at 1PM last weekend.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I guess my question is....When did they start doing that?? I never had any exams on saturdays (I was also in Zane Showker, majored in Marketing and Advertising in '99).

Unless there were too many snow days....or if it's just different by department. xreadx

Either way, that sucks for people expecting it to be as easy to find parking as it was last weekend. I had absolutely no problem getting into the baseball lot at 1PM last weekend.

I had exams on Sundays. Basically whatever the professor decides goes.

19Duke97
December 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I had exams on Sundays. Basically whatever the professor decides goes.

Wow that sucks, I wonder if you could claim some old blue law as grounds to ban that. I would not be shocked in conservative Rockingham county... xlolx Students should not have to suffer for professor's preference -- I thought there used to be a schedule for all of this based on time of class, at least that's the way I remember it when I as at JMU.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Wow that sucks, I wonder if you could claim some old blue law as grounds to ban that. I would not be shocked in conservative Rockingham county... xlolx Students should not have to suffer for professor's preference -- I thought there used to be a schedule for all of this based on time of class, at least that's the way I remember it when I as at JMU.

There is but the professor can still override it. Hence my case. They can also give tests throughout the semester on Sundays as well without ramification.

JmuSkinsfan
December 4th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Wait, I'm pretty sure tailgating in Hillside and Baseball will be permitted. Otherwise, where the hell are students going to tailgate? My understanding of that email was that if you had an exam, you needed to park in the Warsaw parking deck, as all others were going to be restricted for the athletic events...

JMU DJ
December 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Well yea... thats the thing... I always park in Hillside or by the baseball field.... but that article says the only lots open for general parking are going to be all the way over by ISAT... which is stupid. I also doubt very seriously they will allow any tailgating in the parking lot by Bdubs (or inside the garage over there for that matter).

I am hoping that I get there Saturday morning and they aren't actually enforcing this stuff. If not.... oh well.... I'll either do it anyways or I guess I am making the drive up the hill to ISAT and pretend I am a computer nerd instead of an accounting dork.

Better an ISAT nerd than a generic Business dork! GO DUKES!xthumbsupx

Pitz
December 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
"Hi officer, I'm parking here to take my exam."

> "What's that cooler for?"

"...books."

JMU Newbill
December 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
"Hi officer, I'm parking here to take my exam."

> "What's that cooler for?"

"...books."

I love it!

JMU Newbill
December 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Wait, I'm pretty sure tailgating in Hillside and Baseball will be permitted. Otherwise, where the hell are students going to tailgate? My understanding of that email was that if you had an exam, you needed to park in the Warsaw parking deck, as all others were going to be restricted for the athletic events...

Am I reading the article wrong? I got the impression that the only available parking to people OTHER THAN students is in the Warsaw parking garage.

All I know is that I will be there at 8AM, I will have a caravan of cars full of tailgating supplies, and if they don't let me in the Hillside or baseball lot to tailgate...... I am going to get creative.

JmuSkinsfan
December 4th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Newbill. Hillside and Baseball will be open for tailgating as usual. The email sent out was merely suggesting students taking exams park up near festival or in the warsaw parking deck....as all other lots will be full due to the athletic events. They WILL NOT be blocking off baseball or hillside, so proceed as usual

jmufan999
December 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
thank god! hillside/mcgraw-long lots are just about the BEST tailgating locations ANYWHERE. meaning, any campus. it just gets CRAZY there!!!

i love it.