PDA

View Full Version : The Villanovan says Armanti is college football's GOAT

DLS
December 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
http://media.www.villanovan.com/media/storage/paper581/news/2008/12/04/Sports/Cassilo.Edwards.Accolades.Rank.Best.Ever-3566838.shtml

flattering. hope edwards doesnt read this or his head will be to big for his helmet.

th0m
December 4th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Are they penciling in an NC game appearance up there in Philly?

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2008, 09:02 AM
He is, without question, the best player this year in college football, and when all is said and done, he may be the best ever.

Will America wake up in time to witness the greatest college football player of this generation? Just because the Heisman voters will not doesn't mean you don't have to.

http://media.www.villanovan.com/media/storage/paper581/news/2008/12/04/Sports/Cassilo.Edwards.Accolades.Rank.Best.Ever-3566838-page3.shtml

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

But TexasTerror doesn't think he deserves a top 5 spot on his Payton ballot. xlolx

BeauFoster
December 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM
http://media.www.villanovan.com/media/storage/paper581/news/2008/12/04/Sports/Cassilo.Edwards.Accolades.Rank.Best.Ever-3566838-page3.shtml

But TexasTerror doesn't think he deserves a top 5 spot on his Payton ballot. xlolx

But TT won't tell us why...

DX Man
December 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Great article!xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 4th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I love AE, he's special and we're incredibly lucky to have him but:

...the greatest football player of this generation...

Hyperbole much?

AE will probably be the only player to ever run for 1000 yards and throw for 2000 yards in three different seasons (provided he can get 62 more rushing yards this year and he doesn't get hurt his senior year), but he's got a long way to go before he can be called the greatest of this generation (the author is completely correct that he needs to be included in Heisman conversations, he's easily among the top 10 current division I players).

DLS
December 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
its actually possible that he might go 3,000 and 1,000 this season.

if the stars align that is.

ysubigred
December 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM

You should see what 1aaFan says about AE over on his (Pete's) board xeekx I got your back xthumbsupx Not taking anything from AE but it would be interesting to see what he could do at OU, Florida, & Texas etc........... I'm not sure his numbers would be quite as impressive xtwocentsx

MorgantonAPPAlum
December 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM
its actually possible that he might go 3,000 and 1,000 this season.

if the stars align that is.

Yep-he's got 2400 plus passing yards now. Three more games ought to do it xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx .

Seriously though, there was a thread about stats a couple of weeks ago and the only player that anyone could name who had done that (pass for 3000, rush for 1000) was Vince Young.

Pretty select company.

Appfan_in_CAAland
December 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Not taking anything from AE but it would be interesting to see what he could do at OU, Florida, & Texas etc........... I'm not sure his numbers would be quite as impressive xtwocentsx

He'd likely have have better receivers and offensive linemen, but the defense would be better too, so I'd say its a draw.

DLS
December 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yep-he's got 2400 plus passing yards now. Three more games ought to do it xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx .

Seriously though, there was a thread about stats a couple of weeks ago and the only player that anyone could name who had done that (pass for 3000, rush for 1000) was Vince Young.

Pretty select company.

2579 to be exact, he could cover the rush and pass yards to get there in one game i bet.

come on richmond show part deux!

Appoholic
December 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
We are lucky to have him. He has been amazing to watch the last couple years. The article if right - his game seems to get better and better.

HIU 93
December 4th, 2008, 02:19 PM
AE is a bad man, and is definitely the best FCS QB I have seen in this era (since 2000). However, to say the greates of all time- let's see, there was Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Doug Williams, Willie Totten, and Kurt Warner, just to name a few. I don't know if AE quite measures up to that stick. At least it is a good bar room argument (well, in NC it is).:p

He does belong in the Heisman voting. I don't know if he should win, the competition is very stiff this year.

Hoyadestroya85
December 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I wonder how good he would be now had he redshirted..

BeauFoster
December 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM
AE is a bad man, and is definitely the best FCS QB I have seen in this era (since 2000). However, to say the greates of all time- let's see, there was Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Doug Williams, Willie Totten, and Kurt Warner, just to name a few. I don't know if AE quite measures up to that stick. At least it is a good bar room argument (well, in NC it is).:p

He does belong in the Heisman voting. I don't know if he should win, the competition is very stiff this year.

I know one thing, he's the greatest to ever QB the spread in FCS. If anyone want to disagree with that point, feel free to back it up.

DLS
December 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I wonder how good he would be now had he redshirted..

word. he still cant even drink.

mcveyrl
December 4th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I know one thing, he's the greatest to ever QB the spread in FCS. If anyone want to disagree with that point, feel free to back it up.

I'm not gonna disagree with you on that because I think it's right (although Joe Flacco's mastery of it was pretty good too, just in a different way), but how long has the spread been around??

Hoyadestroya85
December 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Imagine if Richie was just one year younger..

WOCO
December 4th, 2008, 03:01 PM

For a college QB he may have. All he does is win national titles. How can you argue with that. Plus the rushing yards are huge and have to be counted differently. Often times that are broken plays that he turns into monster runs. They affect the defense in a completely different way. Personally I hope he enters the draft this year and makes sure to sign with an agent. I am only looking out for his best interest of coursexsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

OldFootballGuy
December 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
You should see what 1aaFan says about AE over on his (Pete's) board xeekx I got your back xthumbsupx Not taking anything from AE but it would be interesting to see what he could do at OU, Florida, & Texas etc........... I'm not sure his numbers would be quite as impressive xtwocentsx

I was curious to see what was being said, so I tracked it down. That's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. At first, I thought it was a joke because his position is so totally ludicrous, but then I realized he was serious.xeekx xeekx

That guy has some serious problems. I'd suggest a remedial football class for him.

If he ever posts here, there's no way anyone can give it any credibility.

appfan2008
December 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
But TT won't tell us why...

and notice who is surprisingly absent from this thread!

813Jag
December 4th, 2008, 03:30 PM
and notice who is surprisingly absent from this thread!
I'll get him to appear. Texas Southern, SWAC, Texas Southern. xlolx

blueballs
December 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM
IMO Tracy Ham is the best I've seen in FCS/1-AA (ya' gotta remember where GSC came from in such a short period led by one magical player, GSC had nowhere near the overall talent App does now but accomplished as much, that's why he's in the CFHOF) but the book's not closed on AE's career yet. By the time he's done he may be to QB's what Peterson is to RB's.

I'd stop way short of declaring him the best in all of college football right now or even the best spread QB. Something tells me he wouldn't beat out Tebow, but nevertheless if that's who we're comparing him too that is some high cotton. xnodx

He's one of those players- like Ham, Peterson, Raymond Gross had it too- who has the "it." The "it" is the intangible that when combined with special talent produces great champions and generational icons. You can't quantify it but you know it without a doubt when you see it.

phillyAPP
December 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
IMO Tracy Ham is the best I've seen in FCS/1-AA (ya' gotta remember where GSC came from in such a short period led by one magical player, GSC had nowhere near the overall talent App does now but accomplished as much, that's why he's in the CFHOF) but the book's not closed on AE's career yet. By the time he's done he may be to QB's what Peterson is to RB's.

I'd stop way short of declaring him the best in all of college football right now or even the best spread QB. Something tells me he wouldn't beat out Tebow, but nevertheless if that's who we're comparing him too that is some high cotton. xnodx

He's one of those players- like Ham, Peterson, Raymond Gross had it too- who has the "it." The "it" is the intangible that when combined with special talent produces great champions and generational icons. You can't quantify it but you know it without a doubt when you see it.

Good post !!

I think Foster was a great athlete also. He beat APP last year almost by himself !!!

proasu89
December 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Tracy Ham was an incredible ball player. Just think what his legacy would have been if he played in the information age of today. I believe the writer of this piece is a little caught up in the moment. In 5 years there will be someone else who is the GOAT. However, AE will leave his legacy as ONE of the All TIME GREATS, and in the CFHOF. I feel lucky to see him play every Saturday and with his drive and determination, he may still be getting better.

BeauFoster
December 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM

You nail it. He has "IT". AE never quits - that's what winners do. A winner may or may not have the gaudy numbers week in and week out, but when their team is on the ropes, they step it up. AE does that. Look at the leap from the 5 against JMU, the drives against GSU, and the Michigan. AE does it when he has to do it. ASU may not always win, but it's rarely because Edwards hasn't done what he needs to do (GSU in 07 is the only exception, and I believe it was because he was injured).

Is there any player in FCS that you would want to run the spread besides Edwards?

ysubigred
December 5th, 2008, 09:29 AM
You nail it. He has "IT". AE never quits - that's what winners do. A winner may or may not have the gaudy numbers week in and week out, but when their team is on the ropes, they step it up. AE does that. Look at the leap from the 5 against JMU, the drives against GSU, and the Michigan. AE does it when he has to do it. ASU may not always win, but it's rarely because Edwards hasn't done what he needs to do (GSU in 07 is the only exception, and I believe it was because he was injured).

Is there any player in FCS that you would want to run the spread besides Edwards?

Here you go: xcoffeex
http://www.ysupenguins.com/cgi-bin/ib3new/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=4640

Bulldog87
December 5th, 2008, 09:46 AM
This kid is very good. If he gets in the right offense in the NFL he might do the things that were expected of Vick before it's all said and done. Say what you will but he helped win at Michigan as a Sophomore. Before anyone comes up with the LSU loss this year it's not reasonable to think that ASU would win a FBS road game every year.

BeauFoster
December 5th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Here you go: xcoffeex
http://www.ysupenguins.com/cgi-bin/ib3new/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=4640

Wow. That guys is off his meds. xoopsx