PDA

View Full Version : Colgate's 8 Favourite Teams

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 08:09 AM
For playoff purposes:

1. Colgate - duh! We need to win for anything else to matter.
2. Lafayette
3. Montana
4. Sam Houston State/McNeese State (tie)
5. North Dakota State
6. William & Mary
7. Idaho State
8. UMass

Full reasoning found on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com). Tell me if I'm missing anyone. I actually don't think the odds are that long for a lot of these teams to win on Saturday. If they all do (and Lehigh wins), I think Colgate is in as an at large and who knows, perhaps Lafayette at-large too (would be 8-3).

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Don't forget Charleston Southern versus Coastal and NCA & T versus SC St.. I'd put that between ISU and UMass.

I think you're also a Hofstra fan. A one-bid A-10 may mean Colgate makes it. Yes, I know a UMass win makes Colgate look good, but you want as few at-larges as possible.

OL FU
November 16th, 2005, 08:31 AM
You should probably pull for Chattanooga also. Although I think the outcome is less important than the others, a chatt win probably puts FU on the bubble.

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 09:03 AM
I tried to stay somewhat realistic. I don't think Charleston Southern has a chance to beat CCU, so I didn't go for it.

SC St. though is interesting. Do people think a 9-2 Sc. St. gets in over 8-3 Colgate? I don't, so I didn't include it.

And yes, I think even though UMass is an at-large spot, I think that we're rooting for them. We need that marquee win on our schedule. Otherwise our best wins are Lafayette, Princeton, Holy Cross... UMass a notch up in terms of accomplishments IMO. So I want them in. Heck, I can envision a second round rematch ;)!

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 09:05 AM
You should probably pull for Chattanooga also. Although I think the outcome is less important than the others, a chatt win probably puts FU on the bubble.

Explain this a bit further please. I'm not seeing out UTC gets in over 8-3 Colgate, or how it would put FU behind Colgate in an at-large scenario. :confused:

HensRock
November 16th, 2005, 09:05 AM
For playoff purposes:

1. Colgate - duh! We need to win for anything else to matter.
2. Lafayette
3. Montana
4. Sam Houston State/McNeese State (tie)
5. North Dakota State
6. William & Mary
7. Idaho State
8. UMass

Full reasoning found on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com). Tell me if I'm missing anyone. I actually don't think the odds are that long for a lot of these teams to win on Saturday. If they all do (and Lehigh wins), I think Colgate is in as an at large and who knows, perhaps Lafayette at-large too (would be 8-3).

Neat trick how you have Lafayette AND Lehigh both winning next week.

But I do agree with you. If that happens, then Colgate is a lock for an at large. (So are Savannah State and Marist!) :nod:

OL FU
November 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Explain this a bit further please. I'm not seeing out UTC gets in over 8-3 Colgate, or how it would put FU behind Colgate in an at-large scenario. :confused:

UTC does not get in at 7-4 and yes I think 8-3 Furman gets in over 8-3 Colgate, but it just adds to the mix of possibilities. Furman is 9-2 they are in. IF Furman is 8-3, the C has to at least look at other teams.

But with that said, I think you are correct.

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Neat trick how you have Lafayette AND Lehigh both winning next week.

But I do agree with you. If that happens, then Colgate is a lock for an at large. (So are Savannah State and Marist!) :nod:

:doh:

In my mind it made more sense. If everyone but Lafayette wins, I think Colgate gets an at-large. If Lafayette does win, and everyone else wins, I think they get an at-large. A lot of stars aligning, but possible given this season and some of the matchups.

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 10:08 AM
In my mind it made more sense. If everyone but Lafayette wins, I think Colgate gets an at-large. If Lafayette does win, and everyone else wins, I think they get an at-large. A lot of stars aligning, but possible given this season and some of the matchups.
No, you were right 13, I followed it. I think you meant that even if Lehigh wins, as long as the others do too, you still have a chance for the at-large, no?

If Colgate and LC win, CU gets the auto.

If Colgate and LU win, you could still get an at-large if all the other teams win.

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM
No, you were right 13, I followed it. I think you meant that even if Lehigh wins, as long as the others do too, you still have a chance for the at-large, no?

If Colgate and LC win, CU gets the auto.

If Colgate and LU win, you could still get an at-large if all the other teams win.

I think we go to the same school of jumping to conclusions! :p "all the other teams" includes Lafayette. So 'if Colgate and LU win", we can still get an at-large but it won't be because 'all' the other teams win; LC is in that 'all'. You and I follow it, but reading exactly what I wrote, it is impossible for LU to win and all other teams to win. :o

89Hen
November 16th, 2005, 10:44 AM
jumping to conclusions!
I have a Jump to Conclusions Mat at home.

ngineer
November 16th, 2005, 08:32 PM
In visiting your local psychic did you become British, too? (favoUrite)? :D

colgate13
November 16th, 2005, 10:00 PM
In visiting your local psychic did you become British, too? (favoUrite)? :D

Canadian hockey influence. I'm too close to the border! Colour, humour... they've infected my brain!

ngineer
November 18th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Canadian hockey influence. I'm too close to the border! Colour, humour... they've infected my brain!

You betcha, eh? ;)

MarkCCU
November 18th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I think Coastal will be in there b/c tomorrows game will be a close one, but i don't see CSU winning. It's not a team loyalty, it's really a matter of the better team.

Eagle22
November 19th, 2005, 12:43 AM

If Furman were to lose to Chattanooga, they would not only be 8-3 .. they would be losers of two of their last three and most importantly, have a 4-3 mark in the Southern Conference.

Look at the list of at-large entrants who have ever made the field with 3 conference losses ... it's a short one :)

If Furman loses, they would fall behind Colgate in the pecking order and I'd wager almost certainly fall out of the field.