PDA

View Full Version : Griz fans are everywhere

Proud Griz Man
December 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
please ignore the first 18 second advertisement

before the news story loads up automatically

http://www.kpax.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3170777&h1=Go%20Griz%21%20Greetings%20from%20Afghanistan&vt1=v&at1=Station%207&d1=21033&LaunchPageAdTag=Search%20Results&activePane=info&rnd=55623476

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx

GrizDen
December 3rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
Very cool clip. On almost every trip I take, I see at least one person wearing a Griz hat, shirt or sweatshirt in each airport. Sure I do most of my travel in the Northwest, but I see more people sporting Griz stuff than Pac-10 Oregon State apparel.

Grizaholic17
December 3rd, 2008, 02:33 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1426/908026854_89682fd9a6.jpg

Much like the crazy antler dude from the Tour De France

JMU Newbill
December 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
I can attest to this as well. I recently went to Vegas for a seminar and met a girl that ended up living like 2 miles from me in Richmond, Virginia. Long story short, she graduated from Montana and is a pretty die hard fan (like most UM graduates are I assume). IF we both win this weekend, she is riding up with me to JMU vs. UM tailgate the following weekend, wearing her UM jersey of course. I'll allow it.

FCS Go!
December 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Yep, Griz fans are all over. I ran into a potential future Griz fan in a Fairfax (VA) Starbucks last week. Her daughter hopes to attend UM next fall.
My fiancee met a Griz couple on the Mall in DC two weeks ago as well. I see about one Grizfan per month in the DC metro area.

cats2506
December 3rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
I can attest to this as well. I recently went to Vegas for a seminar and met a girl that ended up living like 2 miles from me in Richmond, Virginia. Long story short, she graduated from Montana and is a pretty die hard fan (like most UM graduates are I assume). IF we both win this weekend, she is riding up with me to JMU vs. UM tailgate the following weekend, wearing her UM jersey of course. I'll allow it.

Well at least she will be able to go up with you and watch JMU play Weber next week xnodx

fencer24
December 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Well at least she will be able to go up with you and watch JMU play Weber next week xnodx

2506 - Consistency is usually a good thing, but in your case, being wrong all of the time is not an attribute. Don't you have some post season awards dinner for the Bobcats that you should be attending instead?

:D

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
surprisingly I have seen plenty of griz stuff down here in NC and GA also

GrizNation93
December 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
When my sister lived in Boston I was out visiting her during Cat/Griz weekend and we saw an advertisement for the game being televised at a local bar. We went to check it out thinking there may be 10-20 people there tops. It was more like 400-500 people rocking their colors. It was pretty amazing.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM

She must be a hottie. :D

89Hen
December 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Ran into three yesterday alone. One pumped my gas at the station, one delivered my pizza when I got home and the third was on the median of the road collecting change. Oh, this isn't on the smack board.

The only Griz fans I've met have all been very upstanding folks. One of them teaches at my kids school. xthumbsupx

JMU Newbill
December 3rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
She must be a hottie. :D

Never hurts. Haha