PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan Poll - 12/1

TexasTerror
December 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
And Grambling moves to first...skipped a SCST team that put up a much better fight than I can imagine Grambling doing against Appalachian State...

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. Grambling State Tigers (21) 10-2 258 3
2. South Carolina State Bulldogs (9) 10-3 235 2
3. Tuskegee Golden Tigers 10-1 217 1
4. Prairie View Panthers 9-1 179 4
5. Florida A&M Rattlers 9-3 151 5
6. Shaw Bears 8-3 119 7
7. Jackson State Tigers 7-4 74 8
8. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 8-3 71 9
9. Tennessee State Tigers 8-4 45 10
10. Southern Jaguars 6-5 35 6
Others receiving votes (in order of points): Albany State 33, Fayetteville State 27, Elizabeth City State 24, Morgan State 19, Langston 8.

WestCoastAggie
December 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
SC State should be #1 and Tuskegee and Shaw shouldn't even be rated in this poll and this is just some of the reasons why this poll should go the way of the Dodo Bird.

TexasTerror
December 1st, 2008, 08:20 PM
SC State should be #1 and Tuskegee and Shaw shouldn't even be rated in this poll and this is just some of the reasons why this poll should go the way of the Dodo Bird.

Well, for the SWAC schools (and Tuskegee -- can't recall if anyone else is in this group), this is the only "national championship" they play for.

Tuskegee doesn't even play for the "in-house" title in a championship game like the SWAC does...let them enjoy what they have.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM
This poll is really weird.....takes too many things into consideration while not taking a lot of important things in consideration. BULLDOGS > MARCHING TIGERS.

mikebigg
December 2nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
And Grambling moves to first...skipped a SCST team that put up a much better fight than I can imagine Grambling doing against Appalachian State...

6. Shaw Bears 8-3 119 7
Others receiving votes (in order of points): Albany State 33, Fayetteville State 27, Elizabeth City State 24, Morgan State 19, Langston 8.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it... but I would have been surprised if you had selected Grambling. Your anti-SWAC bias is well documented and established. Although you dismiss the BCF national championship, you definitely keep up with what's happening in that poll.

You need to focus on why SHSU and why year in and year out your record is usually on the under .500 mark.

89Hen
December 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
A mikebigg sighting! xthumbsupx Where you been?

TexasTerror
December 2nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it... but I would have been surprised if you had selected Grambling. Your anti-SWAC bias is well documented and established.

This anti-SWAC bias must explain why I have had PV in my top 25 poll for a few weeks... xnonono2x

And Zach East on my Buchanon ballot... xnonono2x

ToTheLeft
December 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
But it's just so easy to say someone is biased against you when they say something you don't like about your team/conference/coach/etc.

Everyone is biased, people. Get over it. TT seems to be one of the more objective people on the board, setting aside whatever biases he might have to bring some objective discussion. Cut him some slack.

If you're gonna go after biased people, look for ones that have avatars with Dogs with Crowns on them or an Old Guy with a Beard on top of a Mountain, or maybe even a big mean Grizzly Bear. :)

bosshogg
December 2nd, 2008, 09:42 AM
as we have said before...SCSU strives to be more than "the best hbcu team"

we want to be the best team we can be...period.....and compete with ALL schools. this poll means nothing to me and most SCSU fans.....its bogus

ToTheLeft
December 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM

we want to be the best team we can be...period.....and compete with ALL schools. this poll means nothing to me and most SCSU fans.....its bogus

And I would say being top 15 in the Coaches Poll proves that you're well on your way. xthumbsupx

ASU33
December 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it... but I would have been surprised if you had selected Grambling. Your anti-SWAC bias is well documented and established. Although you dismiss the BCF national championship, you definitely keep up with what's happening in that poll.

You need to focus on why SHSU and why year in and year out your record is usually on the under .500 mark.

Preach! Every SWAC topic this guy is in it. Seems like he should worry more about SHSU!

Pitbull
December 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM

Ditto....xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

mikebigg
December 4th, 2008, 02:12 AM
A mikebigg sighting! xthumbsupx Where you been?

Chillin! Spending a lot of time on a Grambling chat board...

mikebigg
December 4th, 2008, 02:16 AM
But it's just so easy to say someone is biased against you when they say something you don't like about your team/conference/coach/etc.

Everyone is biased, people. Get over it. TT seems to be one of the more objective people on the board, setting aside whatever biases he might have to bring some objective discussion. Cut him some slack.

If you're gonna go after biased people, look for ones that have avatars with Dogs with Crowns on them or an Old Guy with a Beard on top of a Mountain, or maybe even a big mean Grizzly Bear. :)

It's easy to say when that individual goes from chatboard to chat board with disparaging comments... Yeah, he voted for PV at #25, big deal. But re-read his post and his attempt to putdown on the SCG and Tuskegee's decision not to participate in playoffs. That's those schools perogative... he needs to worry about that losing azz program over there in Huntsville.

eaglesrthe1
December 4th, 2008, 02:39 AM

6. Shaw Bears 8-3 119 7

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you aren't going to lose to a peer (FCS opponent) and move up in ANY poll at the same time. It's not surprising to me at all that SCSU got jumped.

813Jag
December 4th, 2008, 07:34 AM

You haven't read any Texas Southern topics have you?

Native
December 4th, 2008, 07:54 AM

It's all fun! The Sheridan poll is just fine. The more the merrier! xsmiley_wix

By the way, props to SCSU for a great season and a heroic playoff effort! xthumbsupx

appfan2008
December 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Ditto....xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I like that attitude you guys have... classy bunch

3rd Coast Tiger
December 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
You haven't read any Texas Southern topics have you?

xrulesx