PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina State Bulldogs

Rekdiver
December 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
I wanted to let the SCSU fans know that their team is very deserving of the playoff spot they earned. Excellent team and coach (excluding the timeouts). They gave us all we could handle.

AND it enjoyable meeting and talking to the fans that traveled to Boone that we met at our tailgate in the stadium parking lot. Any opposing fan that will drop a couple of shots of rot gut Pepe Lopez tequilla with you is in the right place. Class fans.

I was upset that the band stayed home though. The ASU band needs some style lessons.

While I'm on the "band" wagon what good is a flute or a clarinet in a band,
or 5 xylophones? Horns, cymbals and drums and a sax or two ought to do it. A little sax never hurt anyone.

appfan2008
December 1st, 2008, 11:18 AM
flutes and clarinets are useless... my wife played french horn (marched with mellophone) and I played trombone at ASU and we always found those insturments worthless

JazzyBulldog05
December 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well, I had a great time at Boone, and it was a very good experience personally meeting some Mountaineers, very cool people xthumbsupx

Although I would have preferred a different outcome, I am still proud of my Bulldogs and the way we played. I hope one day you guys can come down to O'burg and enjoy football at Oliver C. Dawson. I wish the 101 would have traveled, it would have been a great atmosphere.

proasu89
December 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM
flutes and clarinets are useless... my wife played french horn (marched with mellophone) and I played trombone at ASU and we always found those insturments worthless

You didn't go to band camp then.:p

I freakin had to sit beside the UD flutes in Chattanooga last year. Cute girls, but they were behind the tubas. We were the only ones that could hear them.

gophoenix
December 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
While I'm on the "band" wagon what good is a flute or a clarinet in a band,
or 5 xylophones? Horns, cymbals and drums and a sax or two ought to do it. A little sax never hurt anyone.

I think John Phillips Sousa would beg to differ about Flutes (or at least piccolos).

AshevilleApp2
December 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Well, I had a great time at Boone, and it was a very good experience personally meeting some Mountaineers, very cool people xthumbsupx

Although I would have preferred a different outcome, I am still proud of my Bulldogs and the way we played. I hope one day you guys can come down to O'burg and enjoy football at Oliver C. Dawson. I wish the 101 would have traveled, it would have been a great atmosphere.

Welcome to AGS!! Glad you had a good time in Boone.

JazzyBulldog05
December 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Welcome to AGS!! Glad you had a good time in Boone.

Thanks, good to be here. I plan on visiting Boone again with my fiance, of course on a non football basis:)

Rekdiver
December 1st, 2008, 12:53 PM
Come on up next this weekend. You can watch another football game. It will be a warm sunny day in Boone (not for 5 months) and you can come by our tailgate!

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
I agree, they all seemed classy. There weren't a lot of you guys there but y'all could make some noise. It was awesome to see you guys make the trip. I didn't know what to expect from the Bulldogs, but they played a good game. Best of luck in 2009. xthumbsupx

apppackdad
December 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Good team, good fans.renewed respect for the MEAC!xthumbsupx

JazzyBulldog05
December 1st, 2008, 01:42 PM
Come on up next this weekend. You can watch another football game. It will be a warm sunny day in Boone (not for 5 months) and you can come by our tailgate!

I wish I could take you up on that offer, but unfortunately I have to work. Best of luck to you guys though against Richmond.............

phillyAPP
December 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=JazzyBulldog05;1237987]Well, I had a great time at Boone, and it was a very good experience personally meeting some Mountaineers, very cool people xthumbsupx

I was in section 111 next too about 1000 SCSU BULLDOG fans who barked and cheered, and I am so HAPPY they came. The Bulldog fans and PLAYERS and COACHES showed the MOST class that any team i have seen at THE ROCK. NOT one player addressed the stands in any manner.

The Bulldog fans had more fun jumping accross the aisle during the game that I almost forgot they were the opposing team. WE ALL had too much fun and I wish we could play them again. I wouldn't even mind losing to a team with the CLASS ALL of the BULLDOG faithfull brought.

appirishmen
December 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM
i agree. they were by far the best fans to come to the rock in a long while. they played with class..(except for the coach in the last 20secs, but hey)..i wish them luck next year!!!

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM
i agree. they were by far the best fans to come to the rock in a long while. they played with class..(except for the coach in the last 20secs, but hey)..i wish them luck next year!!!

I think it's time we let this go. He was a stand up guy and admitted he shouldn't have done it. He was classy afterwards and the whole school was represented well. Thankfully, it wasn't like the last time we played a MEAC team in the first round of the playoffs. My freshman year...xbawlingx

WVAPPmountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I was impressed with the SCSU team and fans and although Coach Pough possibly misused his timeouts, he is an outstanding coach and that was made clear by the play of this team - I think many of their fans were impressed that we knew something about them - Several said to us, "You guys don't even know who we are" - to which we always had a positive answer like - "Yeah, we know you have the 4th best rushing D in the country" and "we know William Ford is an outstanding RB", etc. This is definitely a program that APP should look at for future home and home games ----

MountaineerGuy
December 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
NOT one player addressed the stands in any manner.

I don't mean to be down on the love-fest going on, cause I think it's great, but I distinctly remember seeing on TV an SCSU player looking up at the fans and clearly saying something. And it wasn't in front of the SCSU fans because you could see the hill (in all its emptiness) in the background.

Also...I'm not really sure what the deal with the timeouts was, but at least at first glance it came across to me that he was dragging the game on pointlessly on purpose...I can't imagine an NCAA D1 coach (especially one that's gotten so much love for his class and his skill as a coach in this thread...) not realizing that even calling 3 timeouts, with 16 seconds left we could still pretty much burn the entire clock.

All I'm saying is it seems to me like he was either calling timeouts to be annoying or he is rather clueless and not so deserving of all the compliments he's getting here.

Again, sorry to break up the love-fest...

AppMAN04
December 1st, 2008, 05:28 PM
I met a few of the fans and they were all very cool...or shall I say very cold...lol. Maybe next year!

JazzyBulldog05
December 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
I don't mean to be down on the love-fest going on, cause I think it's great, but I distinctly remember seeing on TV an SCSU player looking up at the fans and clearly saying something. And it wasn't in front of the SCSU fans because you could see the hill (in all its emptiness) in the background.

Also...I'm not really sure what the deal with the timeouts was, but at least at first glance it came across to me that he was dragging the game on pointlessly on purpose...I can't imagine an NCAA D1 coach (especially one that's gotten so much love for his class and his skill as a coach in this thread...) not realizing that even calling 3 timeouts, with 16 seconds left we could still pretty much burn the entire clock.

All I'm saying is it seems to me like he was either calling timeouts to be annoying or he is rather clueless and not so deserving of all the compliments he's getting here.

Again, sorry to break up the love-fest...

And I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you're beating a dead horse. In case you didn't read through the other thread regarding this issue, here is what Coach Pough said about the last 20 seconds of the game:

“It was kind of boneheaded on my part,” he said. “He taught me a lesson in the end. If a guy’s giving you an out, go ahead and take it. I knew a pass was coming and it kind of made the game a little bit bigger margin than it should have been. But, it serves me right.”

And here's the link in case you don't believe me: http://thetandd.com/articles/2008/11/29/sports/doc4931c4702ddc0006609797.txt

From what it seems, you've got two incidents that shed some "negative" light on the game, and thus not agreeing with your fellow peers about what they believe of our team and fans. Cool, you're entitled to you opinion......

And for the record, it's not a love-fest, it's classiness shown on the part of fellow Mountaineers and Bulldogs.......