PDA

View Full Version : JMU

blitz4
November 30th, 2008, 04:42 PM
After seeing Wofford play JMU in person I have to say that they are without a shadow of a doubt THE team to beat for the national championship. I also saw Appstate play in person and from top to bottom have a better combination of SIZE and speed than appstate. They have a team that is big and athletic enough to compete with anyone on any level. As much as I hate to admit it, they were a better overall team that Wofford. However Wofford did have a chance to win. As much as I also hate to admit, I think they will beat our conference champion, Appstate, by two touchdowns next time they play, if App makes it to the NC. If we had turned the ball over against JMU like we did Appstate we would have gotten beat by more than 46. Congrats JMU on a well earned win.

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
After seeing Wofford play JMU in person I have to say that they are without a shadow of a doubt THE team to beat for the national championship. I also saw Appstate play in person and from top to bottom have a better combination of SIZE and speed than appstate. They have a team that is big and athletic enough to compete with anyone on any level. As much as I hate to admit it, they were a better overall team that Wofford. However Wofford did have a chance to win. As much as I also hate to admit, I think they will beat our conference champion, Appstate, by two touchdowns next time they play, if App makes it to the NC. If we had turned the ball over against JMU like we did Appstate we would have gotten beat by more than 46. Congrats JMU on a well earned win.

cool

StrikeJMU
November 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
glad to have you onboard! xthumbsupx It was a great game. Wofford didn't make it easy, hard to tackle.

ASUG8
November 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Anybody else have them down 21 points this season? Bueller? Bueller?

They are beatable, and I think the Socon foes, Richmond and 'Nova showed that they have weaknesses - it may not be App's year this year either, but I don't know if the Dukes have it in them this year. They have an impressive resume so far, but their margin of victory has been slipping of late. I'd like a rematch, but who knows what will happen over the next several weeks.

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
until we lose, we are without a shadow of a doubt THE team to beat for the national championship. by default maybe.

DirtyDukes
November 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM
until we lose, we are without a shadow of a doubt THE team to beat for the national championship. by default maybe.

You did lose. In Harrisonburg.

Skjellyfetti
November 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM

"Team to beat" implies the team one has to beat to win the national title.

That game in Harrisonburg had no bearing on the national title... apart from a 1 vs. a 2 seed. If you want the title JMU or someone else is going to have to beat us in Boone or Chattanooga.

blur2005
November 30th, 2008, 05:15 PM
It's amazing the excuses I hear about that. Speaking of which, Bueller, the Dukes may have been down 21 but Appalachian State was outscored 35-3 in the second half before getting a TD at the end. Thirty-five to three. Give me a fricken break.

JMU DUUUKES
November 30th, 2008, 05:17 PM

i love it, prepare to be bashed to death, since this board is everything antiJMU

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 05:20 PM

ha not exactly what i meant, but no need to argue about it.

im just happy in knowing that that game means endless amounts more to JMU fans than it does to App fans.

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 05:21 PM
It's amazing the excuses I hear about that. Speaking of which, Bueller, the Dukes may have been down 21 but Appalachian State was outscored 35-3 in the second half before getting a TD at the end. Thirty-five to three. Give me a fricken break.

excuse me sir, but it was a JMU fan that brought that up, so please give me a freakin' break.xcoffeex

JMad03
November 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
im just happy in knowing that that game means endless amounts more to JMU fans than it does to App fans.

Of course it does, because we won. If you would have won, it would have meant more to you than to us. If thinking that way helps you sleep better, than so be it.

ASUG8
November 30th, 2008, 05:36 PM

I'm sorry, did I say App won the game? Reading comprehension not a strong suit, eh?

I didn't make any excuses for anything. JMU has a good team with a strong resume - you might want to reread that as I was giving your team a compliment. JMU beat ASU by 3, beat WoCo by 3, so Mickey's comments about SoCon being weak don't really hold up. If you guys are truly #1, you'll demonstrate it over the next few weeks, Bueller. You have a tough bracket and lots of tough teams, so good luck with all that.

bigappfan10
November 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM
JMU has such a inferiority complex and actually i don't blame them. app got into the headline page on espn for their win this weekend and was the only team in the FCS on ESPN with a write-up. I went in to Lowes this weekend and noticed that they had these floor rugs for sale w/ major college teams that you could choose and in between all the Florida's, USC's, and Oklahoma's was little ol' App. Thought that was funny. But anyways, I'm a little surprised that Wofford fans are talking about mighty FMU when they got just rocked. I mean rocked. Anyways, like i've said before...this weekend is it. Richmond can beat a sleepy App this weekend as app always wait until the semi's to turn it on...so if we get by richmond, go ahead and do all the blogs about the montanas, the jmu's blah blah because it won't matter and everyone knows it. Of course, what could i possibly be talking about? Its not like we've won three in a row or anything...that's be impossible.

ASUG8
November 30th, 2008, 05:38 PM
i love it, prepare to be bashed to death, since this board is everything antiJMU

Welcome to being #1 - xsmiley_wix If you think you guys are hated, try being us.

DB_Atlantic10
November 30th, 2008, 05:40 PM

They are beatable, and I think the Socon foes, Richmond and 'Nova showed that they have weaknesses - it may not be App's year this year either, but I don't know if the Dukes have it in them this year. They have an impressive resume so far, but their margin of victory has been slipping of late. I'd like a rematch, but who knows what will happen over the next several weeks.
Actually Wofford was the closest game we've had since the Villanova Hail-Mary...... no one else has been within 3 touchdowns.....

41-7 UDel
48-24 W&M
58-27 Towson

So I'm not sure about those close games you are referring to....

ASUG8
November 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Actually Wofford was the closest game we've had since the Villanova Hail-Mary...... no one else has been within 3 touchdowns.....

41-7 UDel
48-24 W&M
58-27 Towson

So I'm not sure about those close games you are referring to....

Sat, Aug 30 at Duke L 7-31 --
Sat, Sep 6 North Carolina Central W 56-7 --
Sat, Sep 13 Massachusetts W 52-38 --
Sat, Sep 20 Appalachian State W 35-32 --
Sat, Sep 27 at Maine W 24-10 --
Sat, Oct 4 Hofstra W 56-0 --
Sat, Oct 11 at Richmond W 38-31 --
Sat, Oct 25 at Villanova W 23-19 --
Sat, Nov 1 Delaware W 41-7 --
Sat, Nov 15 William & Mary W 48-24 --
Sat, Nov 22 at Towson W 58-27 --
Sat, Nov 29 Wofford W 38-35

Try again.....there's this thing called Yahoo you might try.....

DB_Atlantic10
November 30th, 2008, 05:49 PM

Try again.....there's this thing called Yahoo you might try..... I don't follow your point.... Your comment about JMU as of late was "their games were getting closer".... so I listed the last games since the close one at Villanova...which was actually more than the ASU game...so which games are you referring to as getting close as of "LATE"....

StrikeJMU
November 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM
will the fighting ever end?

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Of course it does, because we won. If you would have won, it would have meant more to you than to us. If thinking that way helps you sleep better, than so be it.

it will matter if we were to play you guys again. if we would have won, we would still be playing the second round of the playoffs next week. point im TRYING to make, to no avail probably, is that the game in September, win or lose isnt super important at this point. We're not the same team, yall arent the same team.

The reason I said were the team to beat is because I was under the assumption that the conversation was about being national champions. We are the team to beat in that respect because we're still technically on top. We did lose in Harrisonburg and in Baton Rouge, but JMU lost in Durham. Does that make any difference what so ever at this point? Na.

Good Luck to the Dukes the next couple weeks. No doubt who I want to see if the Mountaineers are lucky enough to make it back to Finley Field.

DB_Atlantic10
November 30th, 2008, 06:36 PM
it will matter if we were to play you guys again. if we would have won, we would still be playing the second round of the playoffs next week. point im TRYING to make, to no avail probably, is that the game in September, win or lose isnt super important at this point. We're not the same team, yall arent the same team.

The reason I said were the team to beat is because I was under the assumption that the conversation was about being national champions. We are the team to beat in that respect because we're still technically on top. We did lose in Harrisonburg and in Baton Rouge, but JMU lost in Durham. Does that make any difference what so ever at this point? Na.

Good Luck to the Dukes the next couple weeks. No doubt who I want to see if the Mountaineers are lucky enough to make it back to Finley Field.Good post.....

Dukie95
November 30th, 2008, 06:53 PM

There's no doubt it was bigger for us. If we had lost that game, we would have fallen to number 8 or so in the polls and it would have been impossible to make it back to the #2 spot to secure the home field atvantage that we're now enjoying.

The JMU loss didn't hurt ASU at all.

Sir William
November 30th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Before JMU gets to the national championship game and faces App or anybody else, they first have to get thru their rematch with 'Nova this weekend. Hard to beat a very good team twice in a season...it can be done, but it isn't easy. And from everything I've seen, 'Nova is a very good team.

Should be a heck of a game. If the game were tonight, I'd say 'Nova gets revenge in a close one.

Tribe4SF
November 30th, 2008, 07:32 PM

Try again.....there's this thing called Yahoo you might try.....

Yeah, and you guys get to try your hand with Richmond this week.xwhistlex

appstate38
November 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah, and you guys get to try your hand with Richmond this week.xwhistlex

It worked out pretty well before.... I like our chances.

madisonfan87
November 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
ha not exactly what i meant, but no need to argue about it.

Just like Michigan fans would say to App state fans right?

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM

xlolx Read this thread.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53411

There's a lot of anti-ASU here too.

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Why does this keep happening? Who cares who could beat who until those teams play. I could give two *****s what JMU is doing right now until we play them again (which may or may not be this year). I certainly don't care who a Wofford fan (trying to use the transitive property--which doesn't work in sports) thinks would win.

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Just like Michigan fans would say to App state fans right?

i would argue that the App lose was the beginning of a couple years of demise for Michigan, or atleast the game that showed it was coming. Plus, Michigan fans had no choice but to care, it was all over the TV for a couple weeks there if you remember. A problem that App did not have losing to JMU.

but thats a different thing and I really hope michigan doesnt get into this conversation.

ASU_MBA
November 30th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I guess jmu and texas can brag about the awesome regular season wins. Congrats. I will be cheering for jmu all the way because i want to see u again when it is worth a ring.

JMU Newbill
November 30th, 2008, 08:13 PM
JMU plays Villanova this weekend.... any talk about any other teams in relation to JMU this week is irrelevant.

With that being said..... I like our chances this weekend against Villanova with better weather (hopefully) and being at home. I think it shows, we are a completely different team at home.

Bridgeforth will be absolutely busting at the seams this weekend with all the students back and the alumni ready to go after a weekend off for thanksgiving. Anyone know what the record for purple streamers thrown during one game is?

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I guess jmu and texas can brag about the awesome regular season wins. Congrats. I will be cheering for jmu all the way because i want to see u again when it is worth a ring.

I would still prefer to play Montana. I'm not upset about losing to JMU. The loss to Montana in 2000 meant a lot more than the loss to JMU this year.

HiHiYikas
November 30th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I would still prefer to play Montana. I'm not upset about losing to JMU. The loss to Montana in 2000 meant a lot more than the loss to JMU this year.
The loss at Montana in 2000 doesn't really bother me that much, because it's a myth. Everybody on AGS knows that ASU never even made the playoffs before 2006.

The undefeated regular seasons, the multiple semifinal appearances, the Buchannan awards, the 2005 national title. All illusions.

And what's more, ASU will obviously, undoubtedly return to its 3-8 ways as soon as #14 graduates. Everybody knows that.

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 08:36 PM
The loss at Montana in 2000 doesn't really bother me that much, because it's a myth. Everybody on AGS knows that ASU never even made the playoffs before 2006.

The undefeated regular seasons, the multiple semifinal appearances, the Buchannan awards, the 2005 national title. All illusions.

And what's more, ASU will obviously, undoubtedly return to its 3-8 ways as soon as #14 graduates. Everybody knows that.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh...xlolx...don't let that secret out! xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 08:36 PM
JMU plays Villanova this weekend.... any talk about any other teams in relation to JMU this week is irrelevant.

With that being said..... I like our chances this weekend against Villanova with better weather (hopefully) and being at home. I think it shows, we are a completely different team at home.

Bridgeforth will be absolutely busting at the seams this weekend with all the students back and the alumni ready to go after a weekend off for thanksgiving. Anyone know what the record for purple streamers thrown during one game is?

Good post. xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
November 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Anyone know what the record for purple streamers thrown during one game is?
I could probably tell you the record for fewest stremers thrown in a half at Bridgeforth. As I recall, though, they came out once or twice in the second half.

South Carolina Duke
November 30th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Welcome to being #1 - xsmiley_wix If you think you guys are hated, try being us.

Thanks, but NO!

jmufan999
November 30th, 2008, 09:11 PM

that's a great compliment to our team. and wofford absolutely was right in the game until the end. i kind of like staying under the radar though, if that's possible (hey, when we're you're the first #1 seed in the history of time to be announced SECOND on the selection show, then yes... we can still fly under the radar, even as the #1 seed... thanks ESPN, for helping us stay focused).

chiapet9
November 30th, 2008, 09:19 PM
It worked out pretty well before.... I like our chances.

Yeah - it worked out well for you when you played JMU last year too. Look what happened this year...

Entirely different story.

chiapet9
November 30th, 2008, 09:29 PM
i would argue that the App lose was the beginning of a couple years of demise for Michigan, or atleast the game that showed it was coming. Plus, Michigan fans had no choice but to care, it was all over the TV for a couple weeks there if you remember. A problem that App did not have losing to JMU.

but thats a different thing and I really hope michigan doesnt get into this conversation.

BTW - I'm pretty sure Michigan's demise began AFTER they got rid of Lloyd Carr. They went on to a 6-2 Big Ten record that year and played Florida in the Capital One Bowl.

You can thank Rich Rodriguez for Michigan's demise. Not Appalachian State.

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM
BTW - I'm pretty sure Michigan's demise began AFTER they got rid of Lloyd Carr. They went on to a 6-2 Big Ten record that year and played Florida in the Capital One Bowl.

You can thank Rich Rodriguez for Michigan's demise. Not Appalachian State.

I think you can blame Lloyd Carr, Dick Rod didn't really have a chance to recruit many players, plus the presumed starter for QB transferred when Carr left.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I think you can blame Lloyd Carr, Dick Rod didn't really have a chance to recruit many players, plus the presumed starter for QB transferred when Carr left.

The program will be officially back on its feet in 2-3 years, I doubt they have a winning season next year.

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2008, 09:38 PM
The program will be officially back on its feet in 2-3 years, I doubt they have a winning season next year.

Yeah, I think they will. If Dick Rod can get a group in there like he had at WVU, he could dominate the SlowTen based purely on speed. I used to live in Lansing, and though I pulled for MSU, I still got a lot of time around the BigTen. It's awesome up there, but they do play a slower, older type of football. It will be interesting to see how he does at Michigan.

MountaineerGuy
November 30th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah - it worked out well for you when you played JMU last year too. Look what happened this year...

Entirely different story.

Yes...a prior game between two teams is irrelevant in gauging the relative ability of an upcoming game...

unless it is JMU and App...and the prior game you're talking about is the one where JMU won.

Everybody wants to have it both ways xnonox

BDKJMU
December 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
Why does this keep happening? Who cares who could beat who until those teams play. I could give two *****s what JMU is doing right now until we play them again (which may or may not be this year). I certainly don't care who a Wofford fan (trying to use the transitive property--which doesn't work in sports) thinks would win.

Apparently a lot of ASU fans don't feel that way. Sat evening there was 4 threads on the ASU message board on the JMU-Wofford game.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 04:48 AM
Apparently a lot of ASU fans don't feel that way. Sat evening there was 4 threads on the ASU message board on the JMU-Wofford game.

Yeah, I'm talking to them too.

jonmac
December 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM
I don't necessarily think that being the 2007 Champions makes us the team to beat for the 2008 NC. It's not really something that is defended each year. We will always be the 2007 national champions(and the 2006 and the 2005:) ). Sure we can say that we are defending the title but really, it all starts over when the playoffs start, else we would already be in the NC game and all the other teams would play for the chance to play us. If I had to say it, I would say that JMU is the "team to beat" right now for the NC. But, in reality, our team to beat is Richmond and JMU's team to beat is 'Nova, etc. That's the great thing about the playoffs.

AlphaSigMD
December 1st, 2008, 08:51 AM
once again, the wofford guys are trying to chalk an utter domination up to one turnover. the game was already a blowout before the four 2nd half turnovers.

congrats on playing well against james madison, a team obviously much much better than the team that hung 70 on you. (sorry, I can't insert sarcastic emoticons from my blackberry. please use your imagination)

B&G
December 1st, 2008, 09:14 AM
I don't necessarily think that being the 2007 Champions makes us the team to beat for the 2008 NC. It's not really something that is defended each year. We will always be the 2007 national champions(and the 2006 and the 2005:) ). Sure we can say that we are defending the title but really, it all starts over when the playoffs start, else we would already be in the NC game and all the other teams would play for the chance to play us. If I had to say it, I would say that JMU is the "team to beat" right now for the NC. But, in reality, our team to beat is Richmond and JMU's team to beat is 'Nova, etc. That's the great thing about the playoffs.

Being the defending champ doesn't necessarily make you the team to beat. I agree. BUT being the three-time defending champs definitely makes you the team to beat. xnodx

proasu89
December 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM

Wasn't interested in JMU was doing;) Just what Wofford was doingxsmiley_wix xlolx

Rekdiver
December 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Sure do miss the Delaware smack this year.

JMU is solid but no team in this year's playoff is bulletproof.

I can imagine the pressure that JMU feels now to win it all and how much worse it will be if they make it to the title game and have to play ASU. You can't tell me the Dolly Madison U players aren't looking ahead.

I think we are in 50/50 territory and the unpredictable things like weather, turnovers and injury are the difference makers this weekend. Good luck to the 8 finalists (except Richmond)

Another note, lets change the playoff handle to the CAA Invitational.

rudy1648
December 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM

What is it with JMU's infatuation with App? It is like a kid brother always wanting to do as well as his big brother. You cannot read a thread started by any JMU fan without it making some reference to App,,,saying "ha ha,,we beat you",,,or how Wofford was WAY better than App,,,,or how Richmond is so much better than APP. It reminds me of the way Charlotte seems to be jealous of Atlanta for being bigger,,,better. Get over your insecurities and just support your team. You do not have to bash ASU to feel good about yourself.

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
What is it with JMU's infatuation with App? It is like a kid brother always wanting to do as well as his big brother. You cannot read a thread started by any JMU fan without it making some reference to App,,,saying "ha ha,,we beat you",,,or how Wofford was WAY better than App,,,,or how Richmond is so much better than APP. It reminds me of the way Charlotte seems to be jealous of Atlanta for being bigger,,,better. Get over your insecurities and just support your team. You do not have to bash ASU to feel good about yourself.

I know he's changed his avatar, but I think the thread starter is a Wofford fan. xpeacex

FWIW, I think more ASU fans posted on the Wofford-JMU pregame thread than the ASU-SC State thread. Granted, they've got more of an interest in that game because of conference affiliation, but still...

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 1st, 2008, 11:46 AM

Blitz4 is a Wofford fan...

19Duke97
December 1st, 2008, 11:56 AM
Any one of the remaining 8 teams is more than capable to win a national championship, especially VU, JMU, APP, and UR, so let's just focus on this weekend... VU has more than enough to knock us off if we don't play well.

SkinsWizDukes
December 1st, 2008, 11:57 AM

There are multiple threads every day on Appy's board about JMU. Anything ever mentioned on CAAZone about Appy gets posted on their board within minutes it seems.

spoogemcgee18
December 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM

I'm glad we lost that game because it put us in the easy bracket ;)

DLS
December 1st, 2008, 12:51 PM

bigger? yes.

better? hell no.

comparing atlanta to charlotte is like comparing new york to chicago.

BDKJMU
December 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM

Dude, you're smoking crack if you think JMU fans have a bigger infatuation with ASU than vice versa. EVERY WEEK on the ASU message board there has been at least one thread on JMU and/or Mickey Matthews. Most weeks there have been several. On the JMU message board there has been a fraction of the # of threads on ASU.

BDKJMU
December 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
There are multiple threads every day on Appy's board about JMU. Anything ever mentioned on CAAZone about Appy gets posted on their board within minutes it seems.

Ditto.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
I don't read JMU's message board. I honestly don't understand the infatuation on either side. I will only hate on JMU if we were to play in the playoffs. That game meant little to ASU as we are only down 1 spot from the game and it got you guys to the top spot and the right to play Nova again. I personally have more animosity towards Montana than JMU.

AlphaSigMD
December 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM

Dude, you're smoking crack if you think JMU fans have a bigger infatuation with ASU than vice versa. EVERY WEEK on the ASU message board there has been at least one thread on JMU and/or Mickey Matthews. Most weeks there have been several. On the JMU message board there has been a fraction of the # of threads on ASU.

Sounds more like a rivalry than what we've had with a certain other purple school in quite some time...

Lets not look past Richmond just yet though...

JMU DJ
December 1st, 2008, 01:22 PM

If anyone else noticed... the first negative thing said on this thread was by an ASU fan, followed by the comment about JMU being "infatuated" with ASU. It seems like most of our "infatuated" post come in response to ASU banging. I personally don't think JMU fans have anything against ASU, you're a good team and have shown that over the past three years (dynasty like even). Both of our teams got "lucky" this weekend in games that were decided in the 4th quarter. Let's focus our gang banging trash talk on NOVA and Richmond and the games that are ahead this weekend. I'd rather not talk trash about an event that may not happen.

JMU Newbill
December 1st, 2008, 01:35 PM
JMU gets "lucky" everytime they play, and defeat, a top 10 team. It's time to move on.

Man... I am so ready to get up to JMU for this weekend. For those 'Nova fans that have never been to Harrisonburg for a game, you are in for a treat (depending on your take on a good college football atmosphere).

Dukie95
December 1st, 2008, 01:35 PM

And except for the one about being in Boone for the weekend, they're all started by ASU fans.

Tell me...how many topics on the ASU boards were started by JMU fans over the past two weeks? That's a serious question because I haven't been over there.

terrierbob
December 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM

Fine. I think App will win.

Catsfan2
December 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
First trip to JMU, 2 questions--

1.) What is the gameday parking situation?
2.) How efficient (or inefficient) is the service at the will call windows--is it a 5 min wait or a 30 min wait?

Skjellyfetti
December 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM

2.) How efficient (or inefficient) is the service at the will call windows--is it a 5 min wait or a 30 min wait?

On my trip to JMU I parked in a deck for free that was a short walk to the stadium and near a wing place. The will call line was very short for me as well.

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM

1) Parking at the convocation center (our basketball arena, about a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium) was plentiful this past weekend. That's probably your best bet.

2) My will call experience was pretty fast, except that they had split up my tickets, so I had to wait on a customer service lady. Ended up getting three seats in the player's section and sat beside Griff Yancey's dad (and made a drunk fool out of myself I think). But it should be pretty quick.

Hope you enjoy your first Dukes experience...

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Fine. I think App will win.

Oh, I don't care if you pick against us. I'm just not sure why you felt that, 3 weeks out, you needed to comment on ASU vs. JMU. The possibility of that game is a lifetime away in football time and I didn't see the point. It's not even JMU and ASU people discussing the two schools now. That's all.

Dukie95
December 1st, 2008, 02:20 PM
The will call line will be longer than normal, because all playoff tickets are will call, no mail delivery.

Edit: I just realized that the visitor will call is a separate window, so it might not be as bad for you.

JMU Newbill
December 1st, 2008, 02:26 PM
On my trip to JMU I parked in a deck for free that was a short walk to the stadium and near a wing place. The will call line was very short for me as well.

The deck you are talking about is off of Main St. If you want to park there, it is the closest lot to the stadium. You can mapquest directions to Buffalo Wild Wings, Harrisonburg Virginia and just head that way and you will see it.

You cannot tailgate in that area, or atleast no one else will be.

If you want to tailgate, you will need to park in a lot on campus.... but they do not ticket or tow on the weekends so anything you can find is fair game, particularly by the back of campus. Feel free to park by the baseball field... that's where we will be.

Regardless of where you park, it won't cost anything and you won't be more than a 5 - 7 minute walk from the stadium.

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
Parking is free. If you get there early enough (I'd say for a 3:30 game be there at 10 am latest) you might be able to grab a spot in the baseball lot. That is where the overflow students tailgate when the parallel Hillside lot fills up. That is where you will find your rowdiest fans. Convocation is a good bet if you are coming in a little later and won't be tailgating. The parking deck that the ASU fan mentioned is also a good place to park, but honestly I think the Convo lot would be easier to access and a bit less of a walk.

As for will call, all tickets will be picked up at will-call except for the JMU students who will be picking theirs up throughout the week at Convo. So you're looking at about 12,000 people (non-students) who will be picking up tickets prior to the game. Last weekend they had about 6-8 lines open. But if you are picking up visitors tickets you'll probably face smaller lines. I'd still plan to spend 15-20 in line just to ensure you don't miss any of the game. Safe travels!

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM
Parking is free. If you get there early enough (I'd say for a 3:30 game be there at 10 am latest) you might be able to grab a spot in the baseball lot. That is where the overflow students tailgate when the parallel Hillside lot fills up. That is where you will find your rowdiest fans. Convocation is a good bet if you are coming in a little later and won't be tailgating. The parking deck that the ASU fan mentioned is also a good place to park, but honestly I think the Convo lot would be easier to access and a bit less of a walk.

As for will call, all tickets will be picked up at will-call except for the JMU students who will be picking theirs up throughout the week at Convo. So you're looking at about 12,000 people (non-students) who will be picking up tickets prior to the game. Last weekend they had about 6-8 lines open. But if you are picking up visitors tickets you'll probably face smaller lines. I'd still plan to spend 15-20 in line just to ensure you don't miss any of the game. Safe travels!

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM

madisonfan87
December 1st, 2008, 11:36 PM
I'm glad we lost that game because it put us in the easy bracket ;)

Ain't that the truth? xoopsx Damn you selection committee.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 2nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
Ain't that the truth? xoopsx Damn you selection committee.

More like geography.....

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
More like geography.....

Oh, and here I thought it was the #1 seed and #2 seeds being unable to be in the same bracket. xwhistlex