PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly at Montana?

HensRock
November 15th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Many are saying that the committee would not send Cal Poly to Montana because they already played during the regular season. But the handbook states that teams from the same conference will not be paired in the first round - nothing about non-conference matchups that occured during the regular season.

So I don't think Richmond has any chance of being sent to UNH, for instance, even though the 2 have not met this year. But I do think it is possible for Cal Poly to be sent to Missoula, or Coastal to App State for that matter.

GrizSweeper
November 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM
It's possible but I dont think its very likely that Poly comes back up to play Montana again for a first round game. I think they would send Nicholls or some other Southland team up here before they have Poly come back

putter
November 15th, 2005, 05:12 PM
:argue: Regionalization stinks!! :splat:

GrizSweeper
November 15th, 2005, 05:13 PM
:argue: Regionalization stinks!! :splat:
I agree, I liked it a lot better when they just seeded all 16 teams instead. Made for some more expensive travel but may have been worth it

putter
November 15th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I agree, I liked it a lot better when they just seeded all 16 teams instead. Made for some more expensive travel but may have been worth it

Yes, but is it really more expensive to fly from Iowa or Ohio to Missoula than Louisiana or vice versa? I think not, so the more expensive argument and saving money goes out the window.

Personally I miss seeing Delaware at Missoula or Appy at Missoula. That is the fun of the playoffs that teams who don't play each other meet throughout the rounds.

windwalker
November 15th, 2005, 05:48 PM
heck... I don't care where we go... Just so we get there... anywhere...

someone started a thread about songs for your season... Mine for Coastal would be....

The Dance...

I could have missed the pain... but I'd have had to Miss the Dance....

DuckDuckGriz
November 15th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Yup. Even though the Griz lost, I think `99 Youngstown State @ Montana was one of the best first round matches in I-AA history.