PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win: New Hampshire at Northern Iowa

Pages : [1] 2

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Discuss

theasushow
November 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
UNH...i hate hate hate to say this...but they are from the CAA, they have played a much harder schedule. I think this will be a great game though, both teams seemed to be evenly matched. It wouldnt suprise me to see UNI win it, but I picked UNH in my bracket and ill stick to it.

oh wait...cal-poly is currently ruining my bracket as we speak.

Cobblestone
November 29th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Go UNH!

end of discussion.

strike00
November 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
can't wait for this game. Is it next Saturday yet?

Tribe4SF
November 30th, 2008, 06:58 AM
This is a very interesting matchup. UNH will need better play from Toman, but if he is sharp, I like their chances.

appfan2008
November 30th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I went with UNI... the dome will just be too much of a factor

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I am a little dissapointed in UNI's play yesterday. UNI left 18 points off of the board yesterday, easily. Three field goal attempts after first and goal that ended in 3 points. Could have been 21 very easily. Maine acquired 7 gift points on a blocked punt meaning this score could have EASILY (ask anyone at the game) been 50 some to single digit some.

I ask you this AGS'rs. I know there is so much hate here for MVC/GATEWAY/UNI, and so much love for the CAA. BUT, how can you honestly pick UNH knowing that this is a team that just eight days ago beat this same Maine team by 4?

Oh god, I am going to get smacked for this...

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I am a little dissapointed in UNI's play yesterday. UNI left 18 points off of the board yesterday, easily. Three field goal attempts after first and goal that ended in 3 points. Could have been 21 very easily. Maine acquired 7 gift points on a blocked punt meaning this score could have EASILY (ask anyone at the game) been 50 some to single digit some.

I ask you this AGS'rs. I know there is so much hate here for MVC/GATEWAY/UNI, and so much love for the CAA. BUT, how can you honestly pick UNH knowing that this is a team that just eight days ago beat this same Maine team by 4?

Oh god, I am going to get smacked for this...Every week might as well be completely different.

Weber beat Montana badly, then Montana beat Eastern Washington badly.

Logically, you would assume that Weber would absolutely crush Eastern Washington. Nope, they lost to them.

Just because UNH barely beat Maine and UNI crushed Maine does not mean that UNI should be booking their hotels in Boone. (Yes, I do think App will beat Richmond. xlolx)

Pantherpower
November 30th, 2008, 07:21 AM

Agreed, Matsen. This game was dominated by UNI. Until he proves otherwise, I can't imagine Toman being as good as Santos, and am hoping the Dome (and our D) gets to him.

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I understand exactly what you are saying and usually hate to compare scores AND in no way shape or form expect to roll UNH, BUT, do you think that if you are going to compare scores it is easier to do when teams play each other in such a short amount of time (within two weeks)?

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2008, 07:23 AM

UNH/Maine was played in a blizzard...advantage Maine.

UNH and Maine play completely different styles, UNH matches up better with UNI then Maine did.

It will be a battle

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I understand exactly what you are saying and usually hate to compare scores AND in no way shape or form expect to roll UNH, BUT, do you think that if you are going to compare scores it is easier to do when teams play each other in such a short amount of time (within two weeks)?No.

Especially since UNH just beat the team that beat you.

If you want to use your logic, that doesn't favor UNI, now does it?

Pantherpower
November 30th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Every week might as well be completely different.

Weber beat Montana badly, then Montana beat Eastern Washington badly.

Logically, you would assume that Weber would absolutely crush Eastern Washington. Nope, they lost to them.

Just because UNH barely beat Maine and UNI crushed Maine does not mean that UNI should be booking their hotels in Boone. (Yes, I do think App will beat Richmond. xlolx)

I don't think anybody is booking anything. The fact is, UNI is a damn strong football team and likely is putting out the best D they've ever had.

I hope the love affair with App and the CAA 5 goes on and that UNI continues to fly under the radar. This team reminds me of WKU in '02, who got better every week and it culminated with the beatdown of McNeese in the championship game.

Tribe4SF
November 30th, 2008, 07:26 AM
UNH and Maine played on a snow covered field.

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 07:27 AM
No.

That game was in September, your game against UNH was 8 days ago. Trust me, no panther fan/player/coach would have batted an eye at returning to Carbondale as we are very confident we could handle that football team, but none the less, touche...

uofmman1122
November 30th, 2008, 07:29 AM
That game was in September, your game against UNH was 8 days ago. Trust me, no panther fan/player/coach would have batted an eye at returning to Carbondale as we are very confident we could handle that football team, but none the less, touche...I honestly don't get it....xoopsx

I'm gonna put something in my sig to remind people...

I'm a Griz fan!!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

That's like the fourth time I've been mistaken for a fan of another program this year.xlolx

Tribe4SF
November 30th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I honestly don't get it....xoopsx

I'm a Griz fan!!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

That's like the fourth time I've been mistaken for a fan of another program this year.xlolx

xlolx The blinders made your avatar invisible.

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I honestly don't get it....xoopsx

I'm a Griz fan!!

xlolxxlolxxlolx

My bad. Good luck against Weber though, I wish our lone conference loss could have held up their end of the bargain. You are lucky. I wanted SIU in the dome.

OxSoxUNH05
November 30th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Finally gonna get the monkey off our back. 'Cats win this one!

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Don't worry, Jon Heacock and the YSU penguins have been saying the same thing for 9 years now. One thing about our coaching staff, when they figure someone out, they figure someone out. Hopefully you guys have a couple of new wrinkles. We do, its called a dominating pass rush, something the greatest QB in your school's history didn't have to face last year.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Go UNH!!!

appchuck
November 30th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I am going with UNI, and hopefully the following week we will have a rematch of the 2005 national championship game in Boone.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Should have made it public...

JayJ79
November 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
No.

SIU didn't beat UNI. UNI beat UNI that night, and SIU was just able to take advantage of it. (well, okay. SIU beat UNI in the first half. But UNI dominated SIU in the 3rd quarter, which cancelled out the first half. But then UNI beat themselves in the 4th quarter. Way too many dumb turnovers and costly penalties).

BTW, isn't Montana playing the team that beat them?

In any case: no, that type of logic doesn't apply to football.

appstate1998
November 30th, 2008, 09:51 AM

I'm just gonna throw out some words for you and you can use them however you want.....Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, JMU, Wofford, ASU

first three all played each other, last three all played each other....look at the scores in those games

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Very true.

Mountain Panther
November 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM

Other than the missed field goals (pathetic, BTW) and the block punt I think we did well.

And regarding your last point - consider this: We beat UNH last year, who beat Delaware last year...the same UD team that beat us....any given saturday.

Mountain Panther
November 30th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Kackert hasn't graduated yet???? Shoooooot.....

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2008, 10:51 AM

weather conditions were a factor in Maine not at the UNI dome.

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I understand exactly what you are saying and usually hate to compare scores AND in no way shape or form expect to roll UNH, BUT, do you think that if you are going to compare scores it is easier to do when teams play each other in such a short amount of time (within two weeks)?

Weather at UNH and Maine was a factor.

rcny46
November 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Kackert hasn't graduated yet???? Shoooooot.....

He'll be back next season too.

Old Cat Fan
November 30th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Weather at UNH and Maine was a factor.

just in case you domers forgot what snow looks like xsmiley_wix

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/OLDCATFAN/bilde.jpg

Chi Panther
November 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Is is worth noting that UNH did NOT play JMU or Richmond this year?xconfusedx

Chi Panther
November 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Why did Maine paint their field white?

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
SIU didn't beat UNI. UNI beat UNI that night, and SIU was just able to take advantage of it. (well, okay. SIU beat UNI in the first half. But UNI dominated SIU in the 3rd quarter, which cancelled out the first half. But then UNI beat themselves in the 4th quarter. Way too many dumb turnovers and costly penalties).

BTW, isn't Montana playing the team that beat them?

In any case: no, that type of logic doesn't apply to football.

Spoken like a CAA fan.

For three quarters of that game you got beaten like Pee Wee Herman's pecker at a theater.xnodx

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Other than the missed field goals (pathetic, BTW) and the block punt I think we did well.

And regarding your last point - consider this: We beat UNH last year, who beat Delaware last year...the same UD team that beat us....any given saturday.

Big deal, so did we.:D

nmatsen
November 30th, 2008, 12:19 PM
One sack of a qb that can't hold on to the ball and a 38 yard field goal does not a quarter make. We dominated the fourth quarter as well as the third. We probably had 200 yards of offense in the second half, and a 100 of it coming in the fourth. Its just too bad our guys couldn't hold on to the freaking ball or you would have just lost to UNH in New Hampshire instead of in front of a 2-A High School football crowd at the McDump.

Mountain Panther
November 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Spoken like a CAA fan.

For three quarters of that game you got beaten like Pee Wee Herman's pecker at a theater.xnodx

You beat us on the field and you can also beat us off.

;)

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
One sack of a qb that can't hold on to the ball and a 38 yard field goal does not a quarter make. We dominated the fourth quarter as well as the third. We probably had 200 yards of offense in the second half, and a 100 of it coming in the fourth. Its just too bad our guys couldn't hold on to the freaking ball or you would have just lost to UNH in New Hampshire instead of in front of a 2-A High School football crowd at the McDump.

xlmaox

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM
You beat us on the field and you can also beat us off.

;)

:D We're not doing anything else this weekend.

joecooll6
November 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM

The whole state isnt covered by a dome. Theres still snow here.

Uniforms look sharp in the snow though.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I don't think anybody is booking anything. The fact is, UNI is a damn strong football team and likely is putting out the best D they've ever had.

I hope the love affair with App and the CAA 5 goes on and that UNI continues to fly under the radar. This team reminds me of WKU in '02, who got better every week and it culminated with the beatdown of McNeese in the championship game.

Maybe this is the year you stop being a bridesmaid. :) Good luck.

ValleyChamp
November 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Last year UNI beat Iowa State who beat Iowa who beat Illinois who beat Ohio State who played the BCS national championship game....

So I guess UNI was the second best team in the FBS last year.

Mountain Panther
November 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
:D We're not doing anything else this weekend.

I must spread some rep points around before giving to Houndawg again.

ValleyChamp
November 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Maybe this is the year you stop being a bridesmaid. :) Good luck.

I guess that makes you just a spectator at the wedding.xcoolx

BCS Sucks
November 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Go New Hampshirexnodx xnodx booooooo UNI xnonono2x xnonono2x

clenz
November 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Looking out my Cedar Falls apartment window I see about a couple inches of snow on the ground. Possibly more. It has been snowing non stop since about 6 PM CST yesterday, and it is still snowing

JCPanthers
November 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Make sure your QB wears those nice shiny white tennies that Santos wore last year. Those things were blinding.xcoolx

Pantherpower
November 30th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Make sure your QB wears those nice shiny white tennies that Santos wore last year. Those things were blinding.xcoolx

Yes, those were special! Here's to Toman being < Santos!

Mountain Panther
November 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Yes, those were special! Here's to Toman being < Santos!

Hard to be better than Santos, a big plus for UNI.

UNH 40
November 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Hard to be better without Sanders as well. Sanders killed us last year, he won the game for you guys. Santos was the best player that UNH has ever had and probably ever will have but this is a much better team as a whole than last year. Defensively we are good bordering on very good of late. Although if Toman performs like he did yesterday we will be hard pressed to come out on top again. We really should have beaten SIU by 14 to 21 points had Toman been on his game.

art vandelay
November 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM

I agree but the team as a whole is much better than last year. they can actualy run the ball. although not against SIU.

Chi Panther
November 30th, 2008, 02:38 PM
UNI defense is much better than last year.

UNI offense is not as good as last year. That happens when you lose 2 OTs to the NFl. You will find plenty of athletes on the field still.xthumbsupx

dgreco
November 30th, 2008, 02:46 PM
UNH makes the CAA look dominate

unigriff
November 30th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Well the good news is UNI beat UNH TWICE with Santos on the navy blue.
Without him, just makes the UNI spread even bigger :)

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I guess that makes you just a spectator at the wedding.xcoolx

More like the drunk that nobody recognizes.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hard to be better without Sanders as well. Sanders killed us last year, he won the game for you guys. Santos was the best player that UNH has ever had and probably ever will have but this is a much better team as a whole than last year. Defensively we are good bordering on very good of late. Although if Toman performs like he did yesterday we will be hard pressed to come out on top again. We really should have beaten SIU by 14 to 21 points had Toman been on his game.

xnonox yeah yeah, and if Warner didn't have a bad leg and Dieker didn't have an injured thumb on his throwing hand..............xrolleyesx You people must be really funny after a loss.

spdram
November 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Just going with the homer pick here --- UNH in a close one.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I agree but the team as a whole is much better than last year. they can actualy run the ball. although not against SIU.

Kackert netted 50 yards on 16 carries with a long of 14. Simpson 35 yds on 10 carries, long of 6.

xeekx You're saying they didn't run as well last year?

rcny46
November 30th, 2008, 04:42 PM
xnonox yeah yeah, and if Warner didn't have a bad leg and Dieker didn't have an injured thumb on his throwing hand..............xrolleyesx You people must be really funny after a loss.

How in the world can you dispute what UNH40 had to say? I don't get the "xnonox." Toman missed three wide open receivers in the end zone.He wasn't making some injury related excuse for their performance.

Ivytalk
November 30th, 2008, 04:43 PM
UNI holds serve at home by 7.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Sounds kind of like us. We lost a great quarterback and two NFL offensive linemen and somehow this team seems to be better on the whole than the team last year.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 04:55 PM
How in the world can you dispute what UNH40 had to say? I don't get the "xnonox." Toman missed three wide open receivers in the end zone.He wasn't making some injury related excuse for their performance.

I'm not disputing it, I'm saying you're playing shoulda woulda coulda.
Players miss plays, just like refs miss calls. We shoulda made the two fgs we missed and we shoulda got the fumble that was disallowed the play before your fg and we shoulda got the call for the forward lateral.xrolleyesx The fact is that you aren't as much better than us as you think you are, why not relax and be happy you're playing next week?

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm not disputing it, I'm saying you're playing shoulda woulda coulda.
Players miss plays, just like refs miss calls. We shoulda made the two fgs we missed and we shoulda got the fumble that was disallowed the play before your fg and we shoulda got the call for the forward lateral.xrolleyesx The fact is that you aren't as much better than us as you think you are, why not relax and be happy you're playing next week?
So if I read that right, every single call shoulda went your way? xlolx xlolx xlolx

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 05:18 PM
So if I read that right, every single call shoulda went your way? xlolx xlolx xlolx

No, you're not reading right.

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM

How come you aren't coming? You're the most active UNH member and yet we've never seen you. Are you real? :D

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Sounds kind of like us. We lost a great quarterback and two NFL offensive linemen and somehow this team seems to be better on the whole than the team last year.

Different teams through the league. We were better last year but didn't win the conference.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
How come you aren't coming? You're the most active UNH member and yet we've never seen you. Are you real? :D

He needs to stick close to the board to report T-man or AZGriz if they make an inappropriate post on the political forum?

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
being poor sucks lol

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM
being poor sucks lol

fair enough

BlueHen86
November 30th, 2008, 09:20 PM
This game could go either way, I gave the nod to the home team.

achrist70
November 30th, 2008, 10:09 PM

There is only about 6 inches of snow on the ground in Cedar Falls right now.

santosballnewhampshire
December 1st, 2008, 05:19 AM
There is only about 6 inches of snow on the ground in Cedar Falls right now.

only 6 inches?? haha

JayJ79
December 1st, 2008, 05:25 AM
only 6 inches?? haha

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/faustus777/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM
only 6 inches?? hahaIt didn't start snowing until Saturday night, so 6 is decent..

Wait a second, I get what you were doing there....xthumbsupx

igo4uni
December 1st, 2008, 08:44 AM
only 6 inches?? haha

it's how you use it.xcoolx xcoolx

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2008, 09:48 AM
UNI in a squeaker.

Houndawg
December 1st, 2008, 10:54 AM
only 6 inches?? haha

Hey, don't laugh at me. Some chicks like it that thick.

nutterlyattled
December 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM

perfect conditions, to 3 in of snow.... we are a passng team, snow doesnt help

WrenFGun
December 1st, 2008, 11:51 AM
After watching/listening to last season's game, I thought UNI won for two reasons: UNH could not get defensive stops barring a late fumble that apparently was not a fumble, and Corey Lewis absolutely torched us and is a very capable #1 RB.

To give UNI fans some idea of what UNH is about on offense and defense, here's a brief synopsis. Offensively, UNH definitely attempts to run the ball more than they did last season, and will usually start with Robert Simpson, our leading rusher with 722 yards. Simpson tends to beat up inside on smaller defenses, which is surely not the case against UNI, though he does have deceptive speed. You're very familiar with Kackert already, and he's finally back healthy. He'll touch the ball 20 times in some capacity. UNH likes to throw primarily to Sicko and Boyle, though Fox will catch a lot of short passes, and Negron will catch a lot of balls along the sides. You can get pressure on Toman, and he does have propensity to take sacks.

Defensively, UNH is much improved. I still believe UNH can be beat with the short to intermediate route passing game, but we've done a better job of making jumps on balls, taking routes away and tackling. Ryan Hinds and Dino Vasso have both had strong second halves of the season to improve their season numbers, but both, particularly the latter, are susceptible to one on one coverage. Devon Jackson, Sean Ware and Matt Parent, along with Terrance Klein, our LB's, are really the strength of the team. Klein is more of a nickelback, since UNH plays a ton of Nickel. The DL has a lot of capable players, with Steve Young (our best lineman), Jordan Long and TJ Taylor playing the tackle positions and Kevin Peters, Kyle Maroney and Brian McNally (CAA DROY) at the ends. You'll have to beat us with the pass, as we shut down the run pretty well, though Lewis is a different animal than Warner.

Tom Bishop is the best kicker/punter in the CAA.

Hope that helps. Good luck to UNI on the rematch of the rematch.

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Sagarin shows a push between UNH and UNI when home field is accounted for in the predictors.

Just wondering how the team speed of UHN compares to that of Maine or SIU? Maine secondary was torched on several deep routes. Has the defense seen the option run yet this year? Our offense runs a great deal of different looks, including the option, spread, pro-style, and the occasional jumbo package.

I think the biggest challenge for UNI is coverage of the underneath routes, especially the tight end Sicko. It will be a different dynamic with a passing QB this go around. I think that UHN will pass to set up the run, especially looking at what running teams have done lately against the UNI front 7.

The last thing is how will UHN be able to handle the warmth of the UNIDOME? playing outside all year, then going into a hard game at 72+ degrees can affect people. Wondering if that was a factor for Maine or not?

ValleyChamp
December 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
After watching/listening to last season's game, I thought UNI won for two reasons: UNH could not get defensive stops barring a late fumble that apparently was not a fumble, and Corey Lewis absolutely torched us and is a very capable #1 RB.

To give UNI fans some idea of what UNH is about on offense and defense, here's a brief synopsis. Offensively, UNH definitely attempts to run the ball more than they did last season, and will usually start with Robert Simpson, our leading rusher with 722 yards. Simpson tends to beat up inside on smaller defenses, which is surely not the case against UNI, though he does have deceptive speed. You're very familiar with Kackert already, and he's finally back healthy. He'll touch the ball 20 times in some capacity. UNH likes to throw primarily to Sicko and Boyle, though Fox will catch a lot of short passes, and Negron will catch a lot of balls along the sides. You can get pressure on Toman, and he does have propensity to take sacks.

Defensively, UNH is much improved. I still believe UNH can be beat with the short to intermediate route passing game, but we've done a better job of making jumps on balls, taking routes away and tackling. Ryan Hinds and Dino Vasso have both had strong second halves of the season to improve their season numbers, but both, particularly the latter, are susceptible to one on one coverage. Devon Jackson, Sean Ware and Matt Parent, along with Terrance Klein, our LB's, are really the strength of the team. Klein is more of a nickelback, since UNH plays a ton of Nickel. The DL has a lot of capable players, with Steve Young (our best lineman), Jordan Long and TJ Taylor playing the tackle positions and Kevin Peters, Kyle Maroney and Brian McNally (CAA DROY) at the ends. You'll have to beat us with the pass, as we shut down the run pretty well, though Lewis is a different animal than Warner.

Tom Bishop is the best kicker/punter in the CAA.

Hope that helps. Good luck to UNI on the rematch of the rematch.

Very good info. Can't wait for the game. Of course, I am taking the Panthers in a close one.xthumbsupx

R3TRO
December 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Sagarin shows a push between UNH and UNI when home field is accounted for in the predictors.

Just wondering how the team speed of UHN compares to that of Maine or SIU? Maine secondary was torched on several deep routes. Has the defense seen the option run yet this year? Our offense runs a great deal of different looks, including the option, spread, pro-style, and the occasional jumbo package.

I think the biggest challenge for UNI is coverage of the underneath routes, especially the tight end Sicko. It will be a different dynamic with a passing QB this go around. I think that UHN will pass to set up the run, especially looking at what running teams have done lately against the UNI front 7.

The last thing is how will UHN be able to handle the warmth of the UNIDOME? playing outside all year, then going into a hard game at 72+ degrees can affect people. Wondering if that was a factor for Maine or not?

Good points, but I feel having played there last year, they will have a better understanding of how to prepare for the Dome "weather".

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Does UNH have an indoor practice facility?

One other thing that can affect visiting QB's is that the floor is perfectly flat, there is no crown on the field.

R3TRO
December 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM

One other thing that can affect visiting QB's is that the floor is perfectly flat, there is no crown on the field.

Other than the indoor track I don't know of anything else on campus but could have access to an indoor surface in a neighboring town?? Good question.

In regards to the crown comment, can you confirm a significant crown on the SIU field? I think I remember hearing one of the radio broadcasters saying something about that? Could be the missing link between Toman's erratic throwing.

Old Cat Fan
December 1st, 2008, 12:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks UNH playing their third road game in a row
will start to have an effect on team play. Three hour one way bus trip to Orono play in crappy conditions come home practice, fly out to SIU tough game fly back. Fly back out to UNI play in hostile conditions. I know college players are young but I would think It starts to wear you down.

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
SIU has a crown. It sounds crazy to say that a flat field would cause misthrows, but it is true.

As for our looks, I remember seeing and hearing Maine fans talk about how they have not saw a teem run so many different looks/sets at them in one game. It is tough to find 2 or 3 plays in 2 series that come out of the same formation for UNI

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Will the late start affect the team? UNI is accustomed to playing in the afternoon / evenings. Starting a game at 7 PM (and playing until 10 - 10:30 PM) on your body clock would be different if you are not used to it.

Old Cat Fan
December 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
Other than the indoor track I don't know of anything else on campus but could have access to an indoor surface in a neighboring town?? Good question.

In regards to the crown comment, can you confirm a significant crown on the SIU field? I think I remember hearing one of the radio broadcasters saying something about that? Could be the missing link between Toman's erratic throwing.

Retro the UNH radio man did say that SIU had a wicked crown on the field making the sideline throws almost like throwing downhill. He did mention that it could have been a reason for Tomans bad game, However after reading a couple of post game articles there was no mention of it. so who knows

JayJ79
December 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Will the late start affect the team? UNI is accustomed to playing in the afternoon / evenings. Starting a game at 7 PM (and playing until 10 - 10:30 PM) on your body clock would be different if you are not used to it.

UNI has had games at 11am, noon, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, and 6:30pm (thurs) throughout the course of the season. I doubt starting a couple hours later than "normal" will have that much of an effect, especially for a home game.

Also, the game is at 7 pm EASTERN, which makes it 6 pm local time.

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 01:23 PM
I was thinking more about UNH - most of their games have been early afternoon, correct?

smcwildcat
December 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM

we have an indoor track for practicing but more prac. will be done on our field hockey turf bc it is same as ur dome...last year we only practiced once on it and it ended up hurting us

smcwildcat
December 1st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Retro the UNH radio man did say that SIU had a wicked crown on the field making the sideline throws almost like throwing downhill. He did mention that it could have been a reason for Tomans bad game, However after reading a couple of post game articles there was no mention of it. so who knows

I was at the game and the prac. the day before the lineman were joking they could lay on the ground look across the field and only see half of a body on the other side due to the crown hahaha

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
I think the UNI D will pull this one our for them and the offense will do enough to win it. When all else can't be accounted for, take the defense, that is what I am telling myself this weeked! :D xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM
I was at the game and the prac. the day before the lineman were joking they could lay on the ground look across the field and only see half of a body on the other side due to the crown hahaha

Oh, those lineman are quite the jokers.

DX Man
December 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Go UNI!xpeacex xthumbsupx

SteelCurtain
December 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
UNI's D is by far the toughest I witnessed this year. Their offense runs a lot of different looks. Keeps you off balanced.

I like UNI by 13-17 in this one.

PS-How is Grace's knee doing?? Is it 100%.

Big Al
December 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
He looked in fine form on Saturday. Definitely didn't shy away from taking the hits from Maine's D.

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
He looked in fine form on Saturday. Definitely didn't shy away from giving the hits to Maine's D.

Corrected - as you were

Big Al
December 1st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hah! Good point! He's not one to slide feet-first at the end of a run.

Houndawg
December 1st, 2008, 02:40 PM

More likely to beat you with execution than speed, imo, hell they're D1 backs and ends so they can run, but nothing out of the ordinary speed wise. I would say that their backs are solid and will run as far as the blocking takes them. Their long against us was 14 for Kacket and 6 for Simpson. The longest run was a 25 yard scramble by Toman. I agree that they'll want to throw to set up the run, which is probably the norm for them. Toman does a good job of getting the ball out and the receivers have good hands but I wouldn't call them burners. UNI wants to score first and play smash mouth, make their safetys come up. From what I saw, their O-line pass blocks better than they run block. The trenches will be strength on strength rather than strength on speed, which is a big reason I favor UNI, they ran on us better UNH, with the caveat that it was week 3, their O-line was still jelling, and our D was confined to the base 3-4. UNH is very well coached and will have a scheme for sure. I thought their free safety was their best player.

Khan4Cats
December 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
How is Grace's knee doing?? Is it 100%.

He looked in fine form on Saturday. Definitely didn't shy away from giving the hits to Maine's D.

Corrected - as you were

Hah! Good point! He's not one to slide feet-first at the end of a run.

Grace's knee is not at 100% but is pretty good. He is doing the occasional barrel roll. I wouldn't really call it a slide. He also took on the Maine defenders and delivered some pops of his own a couple of times.

I think the key now is that he and the coaching staff aren't trying to protect him for the next week anymore. They were doing that against Missouri State and SUU. I think there is confidence in Davis to come in without much drop off if Grace does get re-injured or hurt in another way.

That really allowed UNI to open up the playbook a little more against Maine. Yep, the long bomb returned to the UNI offense for really the first time since 2005, when we had a couple of other speedsters capable of getting behind the secondary.

I think UNH will see even more of an expanded playbook. And like other UNI posters have said and Maine found out, just because we kicked the top two (statistically) receivers off of the team, does not mean there is a drop-off in talent. It just means UNH doesn't know which receivers are capable of what because there isn't much game film on any of them.

UNI's offense will score what they need to to win. UNI's defense will keep UNH from doing what they want to do. Should be close, but not as close as last year.

unialum95
December 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think the UNI D will pull this one our for them and the offense will do enough to win it. When all else can't be accounted for, take the defense, that is what I am telling myself this weeked! :D xnodx

I think this is the best description of how this game will play out. If UNI can get a lead, look for them to use the defense to hold on to the game.

UNHFootballAlum
December 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM
Last year everyone was aying that UNH did not belong in the playoffs and that UNI would handle them easily...well that did not happen and although UNH lost, this game will be another classic between these teams. it could go either way, but the homer in me says that UNH will finally get over the UNI hurdle

hawkeye
December 1st, 2008, 03:07 PM
UNI beats you like a red headed stepchild.

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Last year everyone was aying that UNH did not belong in the playoffs and that UNI would handle them easily...well that did not happen and although UNH lost, this game will be another classic between these teams. it could go either way, but the homer in me says that UNH will finally get over the UNI hurdle

http://www.shurhire.com/images/morons/hurdle crash.bmp

R3TRO
December 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.shurhire.com/images/morons/hurdle crash.bmp

Well its a good thing we're not Russia.

JayJ79
December 1st, 2008, 03:37 PM
Grace's knee is not at 100% but is pretty good. He is doing the occasional barrel roll. I wouldn't really call it a slide.

haha, yeah. Pat doesn't get any style points on his "slides". I'm guessing maybe it's because it goes against his nature of wanting to deliver hits on the defenders.

That really allowed UNI to open up the playbook a little more against Maine. Yep, the long bomb returned to the UNI offense for really the first time since 2005, when we had a couple of other speedsters capable of getting behind the secondary.

Pat still has some room for improvement when it comes to having the right touch on his passes. But he is getting better. The possibility of the "home run" ball is certainly there now. But I have the feeling that they will connect more and more often as time passes (each week in this season to some degree, but also in the seasons to come, as Grace and the young speedy receivers grow accustomed to each others play)

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 03:45 PM
Well its a good thing we're not Russia.
Way to take it too literally.....xnonono2x

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Way to take it too literally.....xnonono2x

way to take R3TRO's literalness to literally....with a boublexnonono2x xnonono2x right back at ya

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
haha, yeah. Pat doesn't get any style points on his "slides". I'm guessing maybe it's because it goes against his nature of wanting to deliver hits on the defenders.

Pat still has some room for improvement when it comes to having the right touch on his passes. But he is getting better. The possibility of the "home run" ball is certainly there now. But I have the feeling that they will connect more and more often as time passes (each week in this season to some degree, but also in the seasons to come, as Grace and the young speedy receivers grow accustomed to each others play)

I think Grace is a pretty dang tough kid. I haven't watched any of your games since BYU (read stuff of course) to know what shots he took since. But the beating he took and didn't go off in an ambulance in Provo impressed me.

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 04:15 PM
way to take R3TRO's literalness to literally....with a boublexnonono2x xnonono2x right back at ya
I'm not very good at portraying sarcasm on the internet.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm not very good at portraying sarcasm on the internet.

how did I do

UD97HENS
December 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
Yah same here...I believe UNI will win but I am pulling for New Hampy to pull it out....

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
UNH and UNI have played twice in the playoffs.
Both those games were barn burners.
Why would this game be any different?

I'm very glad I'll be there.

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2008, 04:20 PM

Drink one... check that.. drink like 12 or 13 for me xthumbsupx

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 04:20 PM
how did I doMuch better than UNH will do Saturday.:D

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Much better than UNH will do Saturday.:D

sarcasm right:D

Big Al
December 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM

Man, I hope so! The UNI/UNH game was flat-out the best, most-fun game I've ever seen in person. Heck, it's top 5 all-time for that matter. I'm looking forward to the game.

Another thought -- has anyone else felt like SIU was slumping here at the end of the season while UNI seems to be pulling it together? UNI had a stretch of unimpressive wins in the middle of the season but have put it together nicely. Going into the game against Maine, I never would have guessed that UNI was gonna hang 40 on them -- I figured it would be 31 points at best. UNH would be sorely wrong if they think they can simply say SIU>UNI, therefore UNH>UNI. I, for one, am a little bummed we won't be treated to a SIU-UNI rematch.

UNHWILDCATS05
December 1st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Man, I hope so! The UNI/UNH game was flat-out the best, most-fun game I've ever seen in person. Heck, it's top 5 all-time for that matter. I'm looking forward to the game.

Another thought -- has anyone else felt like SIU was slumping here at the end of the season while UNI seems to be pulling it together? UNI had a stretch of unimpressive wins in the middle of the season but have put it together nicely. Going into the game against Maine, I never would have guessed that UNI was gonna hang 40 on them -- I figured it would be 31 points at best. UNH would be sorely wrong if they think they can simply say SIU>UNI, therefore UNH>UNI. I, for one, am a little bummed we won't be treated to a SIU-UNI rematch.

I haven't see anyone saying that...

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
This picture summarizes the game for Maine - notice that Pat Grace has a brace on the right knee

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20081129&Kategori=SPORTS0207&Lopenr=811290803&Ref=PH&Item=17&Maxw=450&Maxh=400

R3TRO
December 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
I haven't see anyone saying that...

Beat me to it.

Mountain Panther
December 1st, 2008, 04:46 PM

Our mid-season wins include NDSU, SDSU and Western Illinois, all ranked when we beat them.

And I wanted a SIU rematch as well - not only to show we can beat them but also because it probably would have meant a sellout in the Dome. People in Eastern Iowa are more familiar with the UNI/SIU rivalry and would have been more likely to go to the game.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Our mid-season wins include NDSU, SDSU and Western Illinois, all ranked when we beat them.

And I wanted a SIU rematch as well - not only to show we can beat them but also because it probably would have meant a sellout in the Dome. People in Eastern Iowa are more familiar with the UNI/SIU rivalry and would have been more likely to go to the game.

Wasn't the UNH game a sell out last year? In the first round.

Mountain Panther
December 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM
Wasn't the UNH game a sell out last year? In the first round.

I doubt it was a sellout since it was T-Giving weekend.

And we were riding the fame of being undefeated at the time too.

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM
2007 ATTENDANCE: 16,015 = not a sellout. probably can get about another 1000 in before the fireman wags the finger

nmatsen
December 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
I doubt it was a sellout since it was T-Giving weekend.

And we were riding the fame of being undefeated at the time too.

I believe it was sold out, if not "sold out" there wasn't an empty seat in the house to be seen by the naked eye.

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
I think after last years game against UNH a lot more people around the Cedar Valley and state of Iowa know about them and appreciate how good of a team they are. That being said I think there would be more people in the dome if it was SIU, but I think we are going to get a better game against UNH.

UNHFan
December 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
wasnt sell out but it was close UNI Fans where amazing! My brother watched the game with me and was amazed... Bastard said "This is like a real collage game" You know I gave him verbal whipping after that! Hes a Notre Dame fan when they are winning only!!

WildcatFan
December 1st, 2008, 05:35 PM
If it wasn't a sell out, not sure why the ticket office was not still selling tickets? Saw a UNI fan screaming and yelling because he could not get in?

crunifan
December 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
If it wasn't a sell out, not sure why the ticket office was not still selling tickets? Saw a UNI fan screaming and yelling because he could not get in?

I remember it being pretty packed in there myself. Maybe it was another case of under reporting to the NCAA. Either way, it was a pretty fantastic crowd. The only times I've really heard it get louder were the SIU games in 2005 and 2007.

UNI Pike
December 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM

The ticket office system last year relied on paper & pencils. Many people were having problems getting tickets. You had to call in (no internet purchase available), put your name on a list, and you had to watch your credit card to see if the tickets were charged.

It made Napoleon's retreat from Moscow look like a NASCAR pit stop for Jimmie Johnson. They have completely replaced the system this year.

DOME
December 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Dammit, so now I'm free of other obligations so I could easily go to CF but I'm broker that Mike Vick!! Anyone want to spot me a ticket?

Mountain Panther
December 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Oh and I think UNI found the answer to losing Johnny Gray and Victor Williams....

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/2550767.jpeg

Chi Panther
December 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Oh and I think UNI found the answer to losing Johnny Gray and Victor Williams....

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide/2550767.jpeg

I likexthumbsupx

JayJ79
December 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
I believe it was sold out, if not "sold out" there wasn't an empty seat in the house to be seen by the naked eye.

I'm guessing that many schools figure attendance differently for the playoffs, since the NCAA gets a cut based on the official attendance.

Not necessarily "underreporting", as I'm sure the NCAA has guidelines for determining it. But they aren't as generous with the number as they probably would have been if the same crowd came to a regular season game.

Of course, they could use Kinnick Stadium attendance reporting and call it a sell-out when there are still plenty of tickets available.....

nmatsen
December 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Oh god, you didn't just knock the almight Hawks of the Big 11 did you? 9 Year Plan is going to have your a$$

DOME
December 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Them Hawkeye fans are a classy bunch! Getting railed in a bathroom stall while your husband is in the stands and your three kids are at home. Something to aspire to.

igo4uni
December 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
Them Hawkeye fans are a classy bunch! Getting railed in a bathroom stall while your husband is in the stands and your three kids are at home. Something to aspire to.

I saw that...............pure class!! gotta love Iowa fans!!:D :D xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM
sarcasm right:DKinda....sorta....maybe...

If you are headed to CF PM me. I live right off the bars and will be in the lots tailgating about 11 AM.

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
2007 ATTENDANCE: 16,015 = not a sellout. probably can get about another 1000 in before the fireman wags the fingerWasn't there 17,400 or so in there last year for SIU on homecoming? I know there was one the game that they had to open the steps because the North concourse was to the wall packed, and even the steps were 4 or 5 deep all the way down them.

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM
17,074 and I think that is about the max they can or ever will get in the dome (for a football game atleast).

ValleyChamp
December 1st, 2008, 09:59 PM
That SIU game was one packed m'fer.

clenz
December 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM
It was hot as hell too. I realize I was sobering up, and was screaming like a bat out of hell and that may be why it felt so warm. But holy damn when I got home I was covered in sweat.

Maybe not as hot as the Delaware game though. A chunk of ice that covered about a fifth of the dome ended up sliding off the roof from the heat inside the dome

igo4uni
December 1st, 2008, 10:13 PM

awesome atmosphere!!

Old Cat Fan
December 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
What year is the UNI QB ? I feel Toman only being a sophmore will let the crowd and pressure get to him. Hope I'm wrong

Chi Panther
December 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
What year is the UNI QB ? I feel Toman only being a sophmore will let the crowd and pressure get to him. Hope I'm wrong

RS JR

art vandelay
December 2nd, 2008, 01:27 AM
can the UNI dome be expanded? i think it would be cool if they could get some endzone bleachers.

crunifan
December 2nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
Nope. The Dome is connected to our new basketball arena the McLeod Center on one side and on the other side is the Human Performance Center/Wellness Recreation Center.

Big Al
December 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
can the UNI dome be expanded? i think it would be cool if they could get some endzone bleachers.

Nothing is impossible in construction, but it's highly unlikely expanding the UNI-Dome will ever happen. There isn't much room at either end of the field before you hit the exterior walls, which can't be messed with without major cost.

OLDMAIN80
December 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
UNI

Keeps my office bracket pool alivexwhistlex

nmatsen
December 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
The only thing I would like to see in terms of expansion would be to place some temporary bleachers on top of the locker room and have the band up there. That would open up significant premium seating in the dome, and make the atmosphere seem more lively when it is not full by having more people on the ends.

Talking with Farley a couple of weeks ago it appears as though they will be raising funds to put meeting rooms / offices on top of the new locker room. Who knows how long that will take as they were promising that locker room being done when I was in high school (98') and it got done in 07.

achrist70
December 2nd, 2008, 09:03 AM

I think they could do it to the north if they cut a hole in the wall and put it on top of the new locker room and performance center

wildcat_fan
December 2nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
I think it's quite the statement that you UNI fans are talking about upgrading your football dome when UNH has the absolute WORST stadium in all of FCS world. Our state is very short-sighted when it comes to supporting UNH football. The UNH hockey team, on the other hand, has a really top notch arena. I guess I know where the school's priorities are!

LacesOut
December 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
UNH

UNI Pike
December 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
UNI needs to start having sellouts on a persistent basis with a season ticket waiting list before any expansion of seating becomes viable. I believe that we have 10 or less in the history of the UNIDOME, with 3 or 4 of them last season.

Right now we have people b!tch!n about $25 tickets / $120 season tickets. Adding a 1,000 or 2,000 seats at the cost of several million dollars is not going to happen.

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
UNI needs to start having sellouts on a persistent basis with a season ticket waiting list before any expansion of seating becomes viable. I believe that we have 10 or less in the history of the UNIDOME, with 3 or 4 of them last season.

Right now we have people b!tch!n about $25 tickets / $120 season tickets. Adding a 1,000 or 2,000 seats at the cost of several million dollars is not going to happen.

Perfectly stated right here!

KAUMASS
December 2nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but Northern Iowa in a squeaker. UNH has travelled in back to back weeks, which could be a factor. Historically, UNH can't get past the second round. Prove me wrong, Wildcats.

JayJ79
December 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
There isn't much room at either end of the field before you hit the exterior walls, which can't be messed with without major cost.

Just ask Kenny Shedd. xbangx

ouch.

JayJ79
December 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
The only thing I would like to see in terms of expansion would be to place some temporary bleachers on top of the locker room and have the band up there. That would open up significant premium seating in the dome, and make the atmosphere seem more lively when it is not full by having more people on the ends.

Talking with Farley a couple of weeks ago it appears as though they will be raising funds to put meeting rooms / offices on top of the new locker room. Who knows how long that will take as they were promising that locker room being done when I was in high school (98') and it got done in 07.

Is there really enough room to put the band there? Plus, is there enough room to have walkways and stairs down to the field so that the band can enter/exit for pregame/halftime?

Besides, it would surprise me if they didn't start some of the work for the offices/suites/north concourse before next season.

nmatsen
December 2nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
There is plenty of room up there, there is already a stairwell that goes up there. It comes out the west side of the locker room. It seems like the band always takes up 30 rows when they need 20 anyway. Talk about opening up some prime seating.

clenz
December 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Is there really enough room to put the band there? Plus, is there enough room to have walkways and stairs down to the field so that the band can enter/exit for pregame/halftime?

Besides, it would surprise me if they didn't start some of the work for the offices/suites/north concourse before next season.There is room for them to fit up there, however getting up and down from there may be an issue

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Although I hope the MVFC team wins, the conference hasn't fared well this year. :o

JayJ79
December 2nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Although I hope the MVFC team wins, the conference hasn't fared well this year. :o

Meh, the MVFC only has one playoff loss. Same amount as the CAA and the SoCon. ;op

ValleyChamp
December 2nd, 2008, 01:54 PM

I thought that I heard Dannen say that in the offseason they are going to begin work on making that area a walkable concourse similar to that of the South end for the fans.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Meh, the MVFC only has one playoff loss. Same amount as the CAA and the SoCon. ;op

One MVFC co-champ gone already. The CAA and SoCon conference champs are still alive, as is the Big Sky.

UNI Pike
December 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
I thought that I heard Dannen say that in the offseason they are going to begin work on making that area a walkable concourse similar to that of the South end for the fans.

Specifically, they are intending to have a walkway / bridge that will allow for handicap accessible movement, i.e. not having to go up and down stairs to move across. In addition, offices, meeting rooms, suites below the walkway. Should help greatly with the east/west traffic.

Big Al
December 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
There is room for them to fit up there, however getting up and down from there may be an issue

Yeah -- stairs become an issue as width is determined by fire code requirements. That can eat into available space pretty quickly.

Big Al
December 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
One MVFC co-champ gone already. The CAA and SoCon conference champs are still alive, as is the Big Sky.

Yes, but the Big Sky is guaranteed to lose a conf. champ on Saturday.

Also, SIU lost to the CAA North champs -- hardly a bad loss. Now, if they'd lost to Colgate or EKU, it would be a different story.

wildcats86
December 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
UNH's defense finally showed up this year, something that was missing from the last year's team. Toman's going to have to have a better showing than last week, but if he can play like that and beat SIU, a team that beat UNI, I don't see why the Cats shouldn't be able to pull this one out.

It should be an unbelievable game though, could go either way.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, but the Big Sky is guaranteed to lose a conf. champ on Saturday.

Also, SIU lost to the CAA North champs -- hardly a bad loss. Now, if they'd lost to Colgate or EKU, it would be a different story.

Hey, I hope UNI wins, just felt it was a down year for the conference overall. xpeacex

ValleyChamp
December 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Of course it was a down year. It was hard for the MVFC to recover after the addition of a poor team like NDSU.xthumbsupx

matboz
December 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
UNH fans ... what happened in the Rhode Island game? (51-43 final) ...I've heard that last week was your worst game of the year ... just curious why the the game was as close as it was and Rhody scored so many points on your defense? was weather a factor like in the Maine game?

UNHWILDCATS05
December 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
UNH fans ... what happened in the Rhode Island game? (51-43 final) ...I've heard that last week was your worst game of the year ... just curious why the the game was as close as it was and Rhody scored so many points on your defense? was weather a factor like in the Maine game?

I would say the Rhode Island game was our worst defensive game of the year, while last week was one of, if not the, worst offensive game of the year...

igo4uni
December 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
There is plenty of room up there, there is already a stairwell that goes up there. It comes out the west side of the locker room. It seems like the band always takes up 30 rows when they need 20 anyway. Talk about opening up some prime seating.

I'd like to see luxury suites go up there. Does anyone know anything about the suites on the west side of the UNI-Dome?? Are they sold?? How much do they cost??

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hey, I hope UNI wins, just felt it was a down year for the conference overall. xpeacex

We did our part, we were picked to finish where you did.xpeacex

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM

It took some time this season for our D to jell this season.
The backfield has been the most improved group as the season has gone alone. The D line is the most improved compaired to last season. The LB's are the strongest unit on D, perhaps the strongest unit on the team.

RI was converting short passes into long gains. Those same play are being stopped at the catch, or picked off now.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Of course it was a down year. It was hard for the MVFC to recover after the addition of a poor team like NDSU.xthumbsupx

You get no arguement here, NDSU was down too and still beat one of the co-champs.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
We did our part, we were picked to finish where you did.xpeacex

Finished the game in Fargo against SIU and that's about all they finished.

achrist70
December 2nd, 2008, 05:25 PM

Agreed. And I don't know how people can complain about prices when so many pay for the crap that Iowa puts on the field.

UNI Pike
December 2nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Agreed. And I don't know how people can complain about prices when so many pay for the crap that Iowa puts on the field.

Different fans bases - we have alumni that are teachers and accountants, the two free-est spending groups known to mankind. U Iowa has tightwad lawyers, doctors, dentists, MBAs, etc.

TheValleyRaider
December 2nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Northern Iowa
An old reliable matchup, at least in terms of regularity. What also seems to happen with regularity is the Panthers pulling out a win. The Wildcats get another crack at the Dome, and while I think they're a better team than last year, I still like UNI to prevail at home and head into the Semis

JCPanthers
December 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
I think it's quite the statement that you UNI fans are talking about upgrading your football dome when UNH has the absolute WORST stadium in all of FCS world. Our state is very short-sighted when it comes to supporting UNH football. The UNH hockey team, on the other hand, has a really top notch arena. I guess I know where the school's priorities are!
You are right about that....I was there in '05, and I couldn't believe how crappy your stadium was. I hope that the success of your program will turn some heads and get you the stadium you deserve.

smcwildcat
December 3rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
I cant believe after reading pregame notes last week was only the second time this season that you had a reciever with 100 yrd game...damn ....also the lead for TD receptions is 3! how are you scoring?

Big Al
December 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
I cant believe after reading pregame notes last week was only the second time this season that you had a reciever with 100 yrd game...damn ....also the lead for TD receptions is 3! how are you scoring?

Two reasons:

1. Lots of talent to throw the ball at. We don't just lob it to the same 1-2 receivers. UNI is fortunate that way. Also, we like to run it in more than throw it in by an almost 2-1 margin.

2. Well, if you look at the box scores, we don't typically put a ton of points on the board. Maine was the second-highest point total of the season. I really feel that has been changing here at the end of the season, though, and expect Saturday's game to be a barn-burner.

UNIFanSince1983
Spreading the ball around. We usually sustain drives then once we get inside the five just pound it into the endzone with our star running backs or our quarterback who is basically a fullback taking the snaps.

Mountain Panther

QB has run it in for like half the TDs.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 11:22 AM

Farleyball.....how many games have we sat on halftime leads.....makes me nervous against CAA passing teams.....

For further perspective opponents points at halftime:
Maine 7
WIU 3
YSU 7
NDSU 6
SDSU 3

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
29 rushing TDs to 16 passing TDs

We have two guys with 3 receiving TDs, four with 2, and two with 1 apiece. To me that is just spreading the ball around.

And for the record we are only averaging 29 points a game, but we are also only giving up 16 a game (those both include the BYU game).

clenz
December 3rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Farleyball.....how many games have we sat on halftime leads.....makes me nervous against CAA passing teams.....

Maine 7
WIU 3
YSU 7
NDSU 6
SDSU 3That is more telling than almost any stat

Big Al
December 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM

Maine 7
WIU 3
YSU 7
NDSU 6
SDSU 3

I believe Nicholls State only had 7 points at the half, as well.

JayJ79
December 3rd, 2008, 12:03 PM

Maine 7
WIU 3
YSU 7
NDSU 6
SDSU 3

Only 3 teams (BYU, SIU, SUU) scored more than 10 points against us in the 1st half.

9 teams scored 7 or less. (Illinois State had 10 at the half)

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
I think this was the same story I got last year before the start of the game, and then UNH dropped like, 35. I think it'll be another shootout.

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
I think this was the same story I got last year before the start of the game, and then UNH dropped like, 35. I think it'll be another shootout.

WrenFGun - as someone that last year sounded like a one man Turrets Syndrome convention any time the term "bend, don't break" or "Tampa 2" was mentioned, I understand when you are coming from.

This year's defense is much improved from last years. The secondary, while still not a lockdown group, so so markedly better than last year, its hard to believe that they were on the team last year. We have had meaningful problems with only two passing offenses this year, BYU (uh, their kinda good) and SDSU's Ryan Berry (1st Team MVFC QB with 3,100 passing yards & 30 TDs). BYU beat us almost every way you could. SDSU had 375 passing and 15 running (on 26 attempts). And we still beat SDSU by 14.

The run D is simply outstanding. And honestly, it is still improving week to week. If you watch the game tapes, you will see that many of the plays are being contested 2-4 years behind the line of scrimmage. They are just pushing the O-lines back (so far).

I believe that the UHN O-Line is measurably bigger that Maine's by 15-20 pounds per guy. Its a bit hard to tell who the starting OL, so I would rely on some outside perspective for that.

One item that I have noticed is that UNH seems to be given up about 50-75 yards per game on penalties. About 6-8 per game. Our penalty count has been up and down, but has been trending down. That looks to be a unmentioned factor that could play large.

Does anyone know what crew we are getting to officate?

smcwildcat
December 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
hopefully not southern....last week there spots on the ball seemed redic from field level

smcwildcat
December 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
im worried about ur D-line hows ur kicker and punter?>

UNIlovesDOME
December 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM
As much as the UNH fans want to forget that awesome catch last year to win, they will again go home with a lossxnonox . The Dome is just too tough for anyone to play (except Flacco) UNI 35 UNH 21

UNIlovesDOME
December 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
im worried about ur D-line hows ur kicker and punter?>

I would be scared of our special teams. Brooke Black is our punter from Texas, and Billy Holgren aint so bad his self. Both are clutch when they need to be.

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
I would be scared of our special teams. Brooke Black is our punter from Texas, and Billy Holgren aint so bad his self. Both are clutch when they need to be.

Last week, cough, cough, excepted.

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
hopefully not southern....last week there spots on the ball seemed redic from field level

That was because of the "wicked crown" on the field xlolx

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
That was because of the "wicked crown" on the field xlolx

If you get SoCon refs, tell your DBs not to worry about arriving early.

clenz
December 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
If you get SoCon refs, tell your DBs not to worry about arriving early.I hate it when I arrive early

nmatsen
December 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
I don't like to come early either Clenz, my wife gets so mad...

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I hate it when I arrive early

For all of those wondering about clenz's comment, click here (http://www.panthernation.com/showpost.php?p=145913&postcount=45). Make sure to scroll down a bit.

clenz
December 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
For all of those wondering about clenz's comment, click here (http://www.panthernation.com/showpost.php?p=145913&postcount=45). Make sure to scroll down a bit.
Funny

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Funny

Sorry man, you gave me a gift with that last post. xxmasx

clenz
December 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Sorry man, you gave me a gift with that last post. xxmasxDoesn't mean that you have to use it right away.

I supposed I'll let it go.

Khan4Cats
December 3rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
WrenFGun - as someone that last year sounded like a one man Turrets Syndrome convention any time the term "bend, don't break" or "Tampa 2" was mentioned, I understand when you are coming from.

This year's defense is much improved from last years. The secondary, while still not a lockdown group, so so markedly better than last year, its hard to believe that they were on the team last year. We have had meaningful problems with only two passing offenses this year, BYU (uh, their kinda good) and SDSU's Ryan Berry (1st Team MVFC QB with 3,100 passing yards & 30 TDs). BYU beat us almost every way you could. SDSU had 375 passing and 15 running (on 26 attempts). And we still beat SDSU by 14.

The run D is simply outstanding. And honestly, it is still improving week to week. If you watch the game tapes, you will see that many of the plays are being contested 2-4 years behind the line of scrimmage. They are just pushing the O-lines back (so far).

BYU only had 77 yard rushing on 28 carries. We stuffed that element. They had about 5,000 yards passing though.:(

That was before we started modifying our "Tampa 2" base that we liked so much last year. This year we have run more stunts. You will see some 3-4 looks with DE's Ruffin and Kirk standing up and dropping in coverage occasionally in zone blitzes. We will also bring LB's some, if we can't get pressure from our DL. One of the keys with our D is that the DL is so deep (rotate 7-8 guys) that it is usually not our DL wearing down but the other teams' OL.

Also, recall last year, that we dismissed our Sr. starting Free Safety just prior to the play-offs and had finished the season with sleep-walk games against Indiana State and Southern Utah at home. I know we played the same teams this year, but Indiana State was slightly improved and Southern Utah was much improved, and both on the road. I think the coaching staff also learned from last year and have kept this team from being complacent down the stretch. Last year, we kind of plateaued.

THE HERD
December 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
UNI will win this one. UNH's young QB will running for his life and in the process probably throw a few picks. UNI's D-line is stout! Go UNI and can't wait to get ya in the Fargo Dome next yearxthumbsupx

jmufan999
December 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
come ON, UNH. WIN THIS GAME.

nothing personal at all. i actually think it's cool you play in a dome! i just want to see 3 out of the final 4 be from the CAA. i don't think it's going to happen, because i see UR and UNH both losing. but that's why they play the games!

UNH 1999
December 3rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I think UNH will win but I am ridiculously biased. Someone mentioned that based on the two teams' play against Maine, UNI will win. UNH played UM in a blizzard while UNI whooped them in a dome. Anyway, I see this being another classic with UNH edging UNI 38-35. :)

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2008, 03:24 PM
I expect UNI to win if they can contain Toman. I don't expect UNH to run for a particularly large margin, considering how well UNI did against Maine, but I do think UNH will be able to throw the ball. There is not a team in the country in quite awhile that has stopped their passing attack.

Again, in order for UNH to win, they need to do the following:

Force Grace to throw. He looks like a better passer than Dieker, but if we just let him plow over us repeatedly, we stand no chance. Keep him in the pocket, make him throw.

Keep Corey Lewis under 4 YPC. He destroyed us last season.

Get more stops than last season (IIRC, we got 1).

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
I think UNH will win but I am ridiculously biased. Someone mentioned that based on the two teams' play against Maine, UNI will win. UNH played UM in a blizzard while UNI whooped them in a dome. Anyway, I see this being another classic with UNH edging UNI 38-35. :)

I'm throwing the common opponent Maine out the window because I know better. Would have been nice to see how you would have done against JMU but sadly you did not play them this year.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
I expect UNI to win if they can contain Toman. I don't expect UNH to run for a particularly large margin, considering how well UNI did against Maine, but I do think UNH will be able to throw the ball. There is not a team in the country in quite awhile that has stopped their passing attack.

Again, in order for UNH to win, they need to do the following:

Force Grace to throw. He looks like a better passer than Dieker, but if we just let him plow over us repeatedly, we stand no chance. Keep him in the pocket, make him throw.

Keep Corey Lewis under 4 YPC. He destroyed us last season.

Get more stops than last season (IIRC, we got 1).

And keep the pass rush off RJ

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM

That's the big one, I don't see UNH getting many rushing yards based on UNI's run defense being better than SIU's. RJ was pretty good at getting the ball out quick and he needs to help his O-line out that way this week.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 04:13 PM

Sicko or a second TE will need to help your LT.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Great Article on Boyle in W'loo/Cedar Falls Courier todayxthumbsupx xnodx

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008/12/03/sports/local/10815509.txt

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
yorkcountyUNHfan,

Is that the starting OL? The relative heights don't seem to match up with the current roster. Possibly some UHN fans formed a barbershop quarter?

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Starting to think that UNH is "BYU-Light."

art vandelay
December 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Sicko or a second TE will need to help your LT.

why? Josh Droesch is top notch and an NFL prospect.

JayJ79
December 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM

Brook Black. No 'e'

art vandelay
December 3rd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Did you see UNH's special teams play last weekend? Im sure we can go step for step with and team in that department.

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2008, 04:42 PM
why? Josh Droesch is top notch and an NFL prospect.

He will be going against another top notch NFL prospect who happened to win MVC Defensive Player of the Year award named James Ruffin. That should be a match up to keep your eyes xnodx

UNH SUPERFAN
December 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Brook Black. No 'e'

He BETTER be a good punter, you'll be using him alot on Saturday.

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I guess if we are correcting him on spelling the punters name wrong we may as well tell him it is spelled Hallgren. :)

And our special teams had possibly their worst game of the year last Saturday with two missed field goals and a blocked punt...

Gordon Shumway
December 3rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
You are right about that....I was there in '05, and I couldn't believe how crappy your stadium was. I hope that the success of your program will turn some heads and get you the stadium you deserve.

The new president of UNH was being interviewed on a game I saw on TV this year, and the question of facilities came up. He unequivocally stated that one of his top priorities was to get a stadium that was befitting the quality of the players & coaching staff. We all know talk is cheap, so only time will tell. Hopefully, he wasn't just pandering to the TV audience. All I know is that the football facilities were abysmal back in the late 60's when I was there, and they are the same facilities that are there today.

Coach McDonnell deserves to be nominated for sainthood for what he has accomplished given the resources. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get a recruit to sign on the dotted line after a tour of the football facilities. Maybe he just takes them for a tour of the hockey arena.xlolx

UNH will always be able to find some skill players, but will never be able to get the depth of players across the board to get them "over the hump" until something is done about the facilities.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it......

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
He BETTER be a good punter, you'll be using him to stand on the sidelines and cheer on your team as they roll on Saturday.

Fixed it for ya.

TCisMYhero
December 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
He BETTER be a good punter, you'll be using him alot on Saturday.

Care to place an avatar on that? PM me if you want to put your label where your mouth is.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
yorkcountyUNHfan,

Is that the starting OL? The relative heights don't seem to match up with the current roster. Possibly some UHN fans formed a barbershop quarter?

Ya, it is...They are the hights listed, I've got no idea what the he!! they were doing in that picture.

UNHFootballAlum
December 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
The new president of UNH was being interviewed on a game I saw on TV this year, and the question of facilities came up. He unequivocally stated that one of his top priorities was to get a stadium that was befitting the quality of the players & coaching staff. We all know talk is cheap, so only time will tell. Hopefully, he wasn't just pandering to the TV audience. All I know is that the football facilities were abysmal back in the late 60's when I was there, and they are the same facilities that are there today.

Coach McDonnell deserves to be nominated for sainthood for what he has accomplished given the resources. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get a recruit to sign on the dotted line after a tour of the football facilities. Maybe he just takes them for a tour of the hockey arena.xlolx

UNH will always be able to find some skill players, but will never be able to get the depth of players across the board to get them "over the hump" until something is done about the facilities.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it......

I spoke directly to the new President at the Hall of Fame dinner earlier this year and he echoed what he said on TV. He is 100% behind getting new facitilities that will allow UNH to compete for football talent the way they do for hockey. I don't know if he has the juice to pull it off but lets give him a chance. Is a Sununu loss as govenor a good or bad thing to get new facilities?

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
FYI - just wanted to let UHN fans and others know that while the UNI fans are super confident, HC Farley is much more circumspect. He has compared preparing the UNH offense to preparing for App ST in 2005.

I do not know if I have him ever public downplay an opponent. But he was saying this was one of the most dynamic offenses he has seen on film. The response last week to Maine historical multitude of formation (they used about 70 offense formations over the course of the season) lead to the DEF plan being stripped simple - sounding much like a option game plan with man-to-man assignments.

StatueOfLibertyPlayAllDay
December 3rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Here's the thing. UNH's offensive game was severely inhibited by the weather during their UMaine matchup two weeks ago. These teams played each other in the midst of an arctic blizzard, which seriously mitigated the passing game. Still, Toman managed to put a decent game together, and putting up 28 points against a playoff-bound CAA team during those extreme weather conditions was no small accomplishment. I feel compelled to warn against the kind of score comparison analysis conducted by nmatsen. The transitive property simply does not apply to sports scores.

That being said, ultimately, I think the UNH v. UNI matchup will be a close contest. I'd like to see a Wildcat win here.

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
What happened with Rhode Island, Villanova, et al?

TCisMYhero
December 3rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Here's the thing. UNH's offensive game was severely inhibited by the weather during their UMaine matchup two weeks ago. These teams played each other in the midst of an arctic blizzard, which seriously mitigated the passing game. Still, Toman managed to put a decent game together, and putting up 28 points against a playoff-bound CAA team during those extreme weather conditions was no small accomplishment. I feel compelled to warn against the kind of score comparison analysis conducted by nmatsen. The transitive property simply does not apply to sports scores.

That being said, ultimately, I think the UNH v. UNI matchup will be a close contest. I'd like to see a Wildcat win here.

I'd like to see Jessica Biel on my couch. I've come to terms it's not going to happen. You should too.xlolx

UNI Pike
December 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
I'm still holdin out hope for Selma Hayek to knock on the door, myself. Not that this really has anything to do with anything other getting me into the doghouse.

Woody Hayes
December 3rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
Ms Spears has been looking pretty good lately!

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
What happened with Rhode Island, Villanova, et al?

Rhode Island was UNH's worst defensive effort of the season, easily, perhaps with the exception of W&M. Rhode Island didn't even try to run the ball that game, and UNH really just kept URI in it. I would note that for most of that game, UNH played second-stringers like Lance Mailloux, John Duffey and Mike Perkins quite a bit.

Villanova is a superior defensive team to UNH, and while UNH either outplayed them or played them evenly, depending on who you want to talk to, UNH's inability to punch the ball in the endzone from the RZ (in addition to costly penalties, one of which that cost us a TD) cost them the game.

You can hold this UNH offense inside the 10 yard line because they do not have big WR options.

Chi Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
I would have to think playing BYU this year will help in this match up.

Mountain Panther
December 3rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ms Spears has been looking pretty good lately!

I agree! And remember - she had those two kids by c-section, so her WHO-HA should be in pretty good shape.

http://cdnwp.britneyspears.com//bfm_gallery/2008/12/Britney%20Spears%202009%20Tour%20120208/gallery_main/gallery_main-britney-spears-tour-circus-120208wtmk.jpg

But back to the topic of the thread....

GO PANTHERS

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/niwa/sports/m-footbl/auto_wide_photo/2556094.jpeg

smcwildcat
December 3rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Great Article on Boyle in W'loo/Cedar Falls Courier todayxthumbsupx xnodx

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008/12/03/sports/local/10815509.txt

very classy nice article, also the boyle family is redonk when it comes to NH highschool sports.....not a bad bball player either although i will add we beat them 5 years in a row in the play-offs haha

clenz
December 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
very classy nice article, also the boyle family is redonk when it comes to NH highschool sports.....not a bad bball player either although i will add we beat them 5 years in a row in the play-offs haha
Sounds a little bit like the UNI/UNH playoff series....:D

SteelCurtain
December 3rd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Grace's knee is not at 100% but is pretty good. He is doing the occasional barrel roll. I wouldn't really call it a slide. He also took on the Maine defenders and delivered some pops of his own a couple of times.

I think the key now is that he and the coaching staff aren't trying to protect him for the next week anymore. They were doing that against Missouri State and SUU. I think there is confidence in Davis to come in without much drop off if Grace does get re-injured or hurt in another way.

I think UNH will see even more of an expanded playbook. And like other UNI posters have said and Maine found out, just because we kicked the top two (statistically) receivers off of the team, does not mean there is a drop-off in talent. It just means UNH doesn't know which receivers are capable of what because there isn't much game film on any of them.

UNI's offense will score what they need to to win. UNI's defense will keep UNH from doing what they want to do. Should be close, but not as close as last year.

Thanks for the info. UNI was by far the best team we played this year. I was very impressed with your o-line and d-line/lb's. You play a very physical brand of football and are very well coached. Special teams are very solid. I think your offense can score a lot of points if you have to. But from what I saw with a Defense like you have you just need a lead and then just run the ball and keep the clock running.

Good luck to UNI. Like I told everyone when I got home, UNI is a level above every team in the Conference. We have a long way before we are at your level.xbowx

smcwildcat
December 3rd, 2008, 11:48 PM
cough cough...suck upp

unigriff
December 4th, 2008, 07:31 AM
As much as I hate hearing about how almight the CAA is, I did pick 3 of the 4 to advance. Just because I hate Montana, and we all hate Appy State for being Appy State, and I have Villanova pulling the mild upset. However, as a whole, I honestly don't think the CAA is best the conference. Sorry UNH, no victory for you Saturday.

WrenFGun
December 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM
UNI should be favored, but reading things like Coulson saying it will be a low-scoring game really frustrates me. UNH scored under 28 points once this season, against Villanova in somewhat tough conditions, while not scoring 2 or 3 times inside the 20. I'm not saying UNI won't win, but I think UNH scored enough points last year in those nice playing conditions to think it's going to be a shootout.

nmatsen
December 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I think the CAA South is the best conference in Football.

P.S. Griff, if you are not picking NH then only 2 CAA teams can advance, Richmond and the winner of Nova / JMU.

unigriff
December 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I wasn't thinking JMU was CAA. My bad. Sorry JMU.

unigriff
December 4th, 2008, 08:50 AM
but in that case... National Title game, CAA vs. MVC :)

Houndawg
December 4th, 2008, 09:47 AM
UNI should be favored, but reading things like Coulson saying it will be a low-scoring game really frustrates me. UNH scored under 28 points once this season, against Villanova in somewhat tough conditions, while not scoring 2 or 3 times inside the 20. I'm not saying UNI won't win, but I think UNH scored enough points last year in those nice playing conditions to think it's going to be a shootout.

The weather was great last week and your offense put up 22 points while starting four drives at or beyond mid-field and this week you go up against a better defense. I can see Coulson's rationale for predicting a low-scoring game. xpeacex Just sayin'......

TCisMYhero
December 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I'll put my avatar up that says we don't give up over 24 points.