PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan Award Watch List

Boots Harvey
November 28th, 2008, 11:42 PM
The LeGree kid from ASU leads the nation in INT's and was added to the Buchanan Award Watch list. He's an impressive player and is just a Sophomore. However, the Georgia Southern LB, Covington, was just named the SoCon Defensive Player of the Year, but he's not on the Buchanan Award Watch list.

What's the deal with this? How is the Buchanan Award Watch list determined?

I'm not confident that Covington deserves to be on the list, but I think it's odd that LeGree is being pushed when he wasn't named the top def player in the conference.

Regarding Armanti, he's definitely all-everything.

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2008, 12:15 AM
The LeGree kid from ASU leads the nation in INT's and was added to the Buchanan Award Watch list. He's an impressive player and is just a Sophomore. However, the Georgia Southern LB, Covington, was just named the SoCon Defensive Player of the Year, but he's not on the Buchanan Award Watch list.

What's the deal with this? How is the Buchanan Award Watch list determined?

I'm not confident that Covington deserves to be on the list, but I think it's odd that LeGree is being pushed when he wasn't named the top def player in the conference.

Regarding Armanti, he's definitely all-everything.

I think it came down to the fact that LeGree's numbers were much more eye popping. From what I heard that people in App's athletic department that their coaches pushed Roman for DEF POY over LeGree because he is older and because of his good but not great numbers he was beaten out when LeGree probably would have been voted the DEF POY if he had been nominated. I know Coulson put LeGree on because he was leading the nation in picks and is a great player. To be honest I fully expect LeGree to finish in the top 6 for the Buchanan Award and I doubt Roman or Covington even got a write-in vote. If those predictions come true then Coulson would have made the right choice in putting LeGree over either of them.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 29th, 2008, 12:45 AM
It's all in vain. Greg Peach has the Buchanan all wrapped (or sacked) up. xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2008, 12:48 AM
It's all in vain. Greg Peach has the Buchanan all wrapped (or sacked) up. xthumbsupx

Agreed! xthumbsupx

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 12:51 AM

Indeed.

Proud Griz Man
November 29th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Colt Anderson for Buchanon !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqlG-qxTVM

xthumbsupx

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 01:27 AM
respect The Hammer. Man. Watching that kid hit puts a smile on my face.

Proud Griz Man
November 29th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Colt Anderson for Buchanon !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqlG-qxTVM

xthumbsupx

Somehow, I have to find the summer workout video for Colt & co.

more entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YlCEEP1NgQ&NR=1

xcoffeex

slostang
November 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I agree that Peach has the Buchanan. Sacks are huge in the voting and he leads the FCS.

Boots Harvey
November 29th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I think it came down to the fact that LeGree's numbers were much more eye popping. From what I heard that people in App's athletic department that their coaches pushed Roman for DEF POY over LeGree because he is older and because of his good but not great numbers he was beaten out when LeGree probably would have been voted the DEF POY if he had been nominated. I know Coulson put LeGree on because he was leading the nation in picks and is a great player. To be honest I fully expect LeGree to finish in the top 6 for the Buchanan Award and I doubt Roman or Covington even got a write-in vote. If those predictions come true then Coulson would have made the right choice in putting LeGree over either of them.

_______

Okay. Thanks. Like I've said before, anytime Coulson is involved I can't help but be skeptical, but I've heard good things about LeGree (talent, speed, nose for the ball, etc.). Just wondering why he wasn't named SoCon POY then.

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
_______

Okay. Thanks. Like I've said before, anytime Coulson is involved I can't help but be skeptical, but I've heard good things about LeGree (talent, speed, nose for the ball, etc.). Just wondering why he wasn't named SoCon POY then.

Coaches nominate the upperclassmen usually and since Roman led the team in tackles and was a year older that is naturally who coaches pick.

appfan2008
November 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Legree is a stud leave him alone...

MACHIAVELLI
December 1st, 2008, 08:06 AM
No comment