PDA

View Full Version : I-AA is the best!!

griz37
November 15th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Is there any doubt I-AA football is awesome. I mean if you look at I-A there is absolutely no arguing which 2 teams will play for the national title & there is still a month to go. We as I-AA fans get to argue about should get into the playoffs, who will get a home game, who will be seeded, who got shafted. We are soooo lucky. There are still about 22 teams w/a shot at the national title. You don't ever hear fans of La-Lafayette saying well if we win the next 2 and North Texas loses I think we have a legitimate case for a bowl. Just wanted to give some props to I-AA & the teams still in contention for a playoff bid!

LacesOut
November 15th, 2005, 12:29 PM
You're a I-AA knob slobber!!!

ngineer
November 15th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Absolutely. I reminded a Notre Dame alumnus the other day that my little old alma mater had won more national titles than his Irish. He obviously gave me the 'yeah, right', until I reiterated the word "won"...as opposed to just winning a beauty contest..He actually, paused, and understood. ;)

Retro
November 15th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Yes, it is truly exciting talking about the playoffs, whose in, whose out, who might get in, who plays where, etc.. Even if your team isn't in, it's still fun because it will be settled on the field..

It's not about money, tv ratings or a month of hype. It's real football for a real championship!

ngineer
November 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM
And consider the poor I-A slobs that have nothing to talk about. It's already decided, USC v. Texas. Pound sand Miami, Penn State, LSU, VaTech, Ohio State,....

JaxSinfonian
November 16th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Amen, brothers. I pull for a team that's 6-4, and at least in theory, still has a chance at a national title. I pity the I-A fans and their Bogus Championship Scam.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 16th, 2005, 09:26 PM
My name says what I think of IAA compared to IA.

IA football bores me to tears, other than the people whose teams are playing, pretty much no one cares about the bowl games except the biggest two.

Yeah, I realize when comparing IAA and IA the playoff is always talked about, but that is a huge difference maker. The BCS is nothing but a fund-raising nation-wide festival of Christmas tailgating. SCREW IT!!

My teams, listed from favorite to least favorite: Whoever is ranked higher, that is who I pull for.

1. Georgia Southern
2. Everyone else in IAA
3. Georgia Tech
4. Georgia
5. All teams in IA that I don't mention.
6. Northwestern
7. Notre Dame
8. USC

eagleskins
November 16th, 2005, 11:37 PM
My name says what I think of IAA compared to IA.

IA football bores me to tears, other than the people whose teams are playing, pretty much no one cares about the bowl games except the biggest two.

Yeah, I realize when comparing IAA and IA the playoff is always talked about, but that is a huge difference maker. The BCS is nothing but a fund-raising nation-wide festival of Christmas tailgating. SCREW IT!!

My teams, listed from favorite to least favorite: Whoever is ranked higher, that is who I pull for.

1. Georgia Southern
2. Everyone else in IAA
3. Georgia Tech
4. Georgia
5. All teams in IA that I don't mention.
6. Northwestern
7. Notre Dame
8. USC

1. GSU
2. Everyone else
3. Iraqui National Team
4. UGAy

umassfan
November 16th, 2005, 11:47 PM
1. GSU
2. Everyone else
3. Iraqui National Team