PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State fires Scott Stoker

NSUDemon98
November 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Happened today. Not enough results to back up all the hype...dwindling attendence...and didn't gel well with the community and alumni.

TXST_CAT
November 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
xeekx

patssle
November 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
45-38, 7-5 this season, championship in 2004, and still fired.

NWST does not accept mediocrity, I hope we don't either.

SideLine Shooter
November 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Doo Doo happens.

TexasTerror
November 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
This is not a surprise.

I really think they gave Stoker a "Playoffs or Bust". A shame he got fired, as he was around longer than any other coach in the SLC. Just keeps turning over, doesn't it?

Any idea where he'll head up?

SideLine Shooter
November 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
This is not a surprise.

I really think they gave Stoker a "Playoffs or Bust". A shame he got fired, as he was around longer than any other coach in the SLC. Just keeps turning over, doesn't it?

Any idea where he'll head up?

Chatty might work. (UTC)

BEAR
November 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
45-38, 7-5 this season, championship in 2004, and still fired.

NWST does not accept mediocrity, I hope we don't either.

BWAHHHAAA! You have ! Just read your own message board! Haaaahhaaaaa! xlolx

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I'm wondering if McNeese should try to hire him back as defensive coordinator. The Cowboys used to be dominant on defense and really haven't been that since he left that position. Yes, most of the time when they were dominant it was when Kirby Bruchaus was DC. But Stoker did do a good job in that position when he was there. All I know is that I'm tired of McNeese sucking on defense.

Dallas Demon
November 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I suspect he will make once again an excellent defensive coordinator for someone like he did at McNeese. We had made the playoffs 5 out of 8 years before the downfall of the last 4. Scott is an x and o's type of guy and didn't do what it took to win over the community and the alumni, so there was no patience left. Hopefully we'll get back to our winning ways starting next year, it will be interesting to see who we bring in.

NoCoDanny
November 25th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Happened today. Not enough results to back up all the hype...dwindling attendence...and didn't gel well with the community and alumni.

Funny, yet our guy has a lifetime deal and all those same factors are in place to the Nth degree. xbawlingx

GeauxLions94
November 25th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I suspect he will make once again an excellent defensive coordinator for someone like he did at McNeese. We had made the playoffs 5 out of 8 years before the downfall of the last 4. Scott is an x and o's type of guy and didn't do what it took to win over the community and the alumni, so there was no patience left. Hopefully we'll get back to our winning ways starting next year, it will be interesting to see who we bring in.

Who are the early names to replace Stoker? Heard Brad Laird's name bantered about.

Dallas Demon
November 26th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Who are the early names to replace Stoker? Heard Brad Laird's name bantered about.

Not sure, I'm sure Brad will be in the picture. Doug Ruse's name is being tossed around, I think he is the offensive coordinator for Arkansas St. and former Demon offensive coordinator when we beat TCU and almost beat national champion Montana in 2001 in round 1 of the playoffs.

Bearkats94
November 26th, 2008, 08:06 AM
We will let you have Todd Whitten. He is great.:D Hell he will be yalls Christmas present from us.xxmasx

buckp
November 26th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Always liked Stoker....goodbye coach. xbowx

McNeese75
November 26th, 2008, 09:28 AM
We will let you have Todd Whitten. He is great.:D Hell he will be yalls Christmas present from us.xxmasx

xlolx Oh now that is just wrong :D

Seat16Demon
November 26th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I think Lou Holtz would be a good option if we can't land Parcells.