PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Football

Freeport
November 25th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Can y'all direct me to some good sources to read about the history of the Dakota programs? Is there any good documentary type footage out there to check out? Thanks!

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Some info on NDSU
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&ATCLID=69806

Here's another

http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/archives/collections/Football.htm

This article was from Ball state when we played them a couple years ago.
http://media.www.bsudailynews.com/media/storage/paper849/news/2006/09/21/Sports/Football.Bison.Have.Storied.Football.History-2289534.shtml

patssle
November 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM
North Dakota State exploded for touchdowns on all five of its possessions in the third quarter and turned the NCAA Division II football championship into a 51-11 rout over Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Who the hell has a school name after 2 different states?

Big Al
November 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
North Dakota State exploded for touchdowns on all five of its possessions in the third quarter and turned the NCAA Division II football championship into a 51-11 rout over Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

Who the hell wrote that sentence? "Exploded for touchdowns"? It doesn't even make sense.

JSUBison
November 25th, 2008, 06:49 PM
www.siouxsports.com
www.bisonville.com
www.sdsufans.com

USD??

That should help.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Who the hell has a school name after 2 different states?

PA state schools are name after the town the reside in. Kutztown, Bloomsburg etc. Indiana is a town is PA with a university, Hence Indiana of PA or IUP. Jimmy Stewart is from Indiana Pa.

OrygunBison
November 25th, 2008, 07:08 PM
There was a great production put together by NFL Films in the early/mid 90's called Football America. They documented several gotta-see-it-to-believe-it stories about the game from all corners of the country. They had a great segment on the NDSU/UND rivalry from back when both schools played outside still. (I think that the FargoDome had just been completed...)

The game was rediculously cold as it was tradition back then to play it last game of the year right before DII playoffs. Stupid UND won that game so it wasn't as good of a show as it could have been...

I'm too lazy to find a link for you...

jackmd
November 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&KEY=&ATCLID=1148528&SPID=7153&SPSID=64628

From the SDSU website.

Media guides from the last couple of years.

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I don't think he was looking for message board stuff but moreso information from articles written on the Bison. If you want message boards here's another
www.bisonsports.net

darell1976
November 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM
There was a great production put together by NFL Films in the early/mid 90's called Football America. They documented several gotta-see-it-to-believe-it stories about the game from all corners of the country. They had a great segment on the NDSU/UND rivalry from back when both schools played outside still. (I think that the FargoDome had just been completed...)

The game was rediculously cold as it was tradition back then to play it last game of the year right before DII playoffs. Stupid UND won that game so it wasn't as good of a show as it could have been...

I'm too lazy to find a link for you...

I have that one tape, its funny that Rocky Hager was so sad after the loss.xlolx

Freeport
November 29th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the links. I think I remember that Football in America clip but I can't seem to find it.

I'm really looking for stories about the rivalries, traditions, classic games, etc.

bisonguy
November 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the links. I think I remember that Football in America clip but I can't seem to find it.

I'm really looking for stories about the rivalries, traditions, classic games, etc.

Maybe you can see if some 2002 or 2003 media guides are available??

I know NDSU has up to 2004 on their site, but 2003 would be the last season the instate teams played.