PDA

View Full Version : FCS Playoff Crews

GSUAlumniEagle
November 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Wofford @ James Madison - Ohio Valley Conference
Colgate @ Villanova - MEAC
Texas St. @ Montana -Missouri Valley Football Conference
Weber St. @ Cal Poly - Southland Conference
South Carolina St. @ Appalachian St. - Colonial Athletic Assoc.
Eastern Kentucky @ Richmond -
Maine @ Northern Iowa - Big Sky Conference
New Hampshire @ Southern Illinois - Southern Conference

mcveyrl
November 25th, 2008, 10:49 AM
South Carolina St. @ Appalachian St. - Colonial Athletic Assoc.

Neither one of these teams will know what to do with semi-quality officiating. :D

proasu89
November 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I would like to apologize in advance to UNH & SIU. SoCon football is much better than the officiating.:(

nmatsen
November 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Oh boy, I hope UNI's O-Lineman practice their holding this week. You can tackle D-Lineman in the Big Sky you know.

Coincedently (sp?) Montana will be called for at least 4 holding penalties this week.

proasu89
November 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Neither one of these teams will know what to do with semi-quality officiating. :D

You beat me to it.

McNeese75
November 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Oh boy, I hope UNI's O-Lineman practice their holding this week. You can tackle D-Lineman in the Big Sky you know.

Coincedently (sp?) Montana will be called for at least 4 holding penalties this week.

xlolx The Gateway crew in Missoula in 2006 didn't know holding from a snowball xrotatehx . I do feel sorry for CP and Weber State. The SLC (big 12 wanna bees) are going to call holding and pass interference all night long. Their poor OL and DBs are going thru hell this weekend.

appmaj
November 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I would like to apologize in advance to UNH & SIU. SoCon football is much better than the officiating.:(

You should know that you dont really have to get into the end zone; just get close, thats good enough for the SoCon Refs.

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Is there anyone here who would say their conference has excellent (or even good) officiating?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Is there anyone here who would say their conference has excellent (or even good) officiating?

Probably not...but...as I said in the thread about the MVFC officiating, I don't think any group of officials get more complaints on this board than the SoCon refs. I've read complaints about the refs from fans of just about every SoCon team (at least the ones that have more than a few posters).

Also, having seen plenty of SoCon games and playoff games, I've also found the refs of other conferences to be more competent overall than the SoCon refs. I'm sure App. fans would agree they have had fewer complaints about officiating in their many playoff games.

[EDIT] The SoCon and Big Sky refs probably have the most complaints on the board. None of the other conferences seem to have nearly as many.

The Moody1
November 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Eastern Kentucky @ Richmond -

This one could get pretty wild with no referees. :)

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Probably not...but...as I said in the thread about the MVFC officiating, I don't think any group of officials get more complaints on this board than the SoCon refs. I've read complaints about the refs from fans of just about every SoCon team (at least the ones that have more than a few posters).

Also, having seen plenty of SoCon games and playoff games, I've also found the refs of other conferences to be more competent overall than the SoCon refs. I'm sure App. fans would agree they have had fewer complaints about officiating in their many playoff games.

[EDIT] The SoCon and Big Sky refs probably have the most complaints on the board. None of the other conferences seem to have nearly as many.

Oh, I completely concur, just making a statement...we'll all complain. However, that does not excuse how piss poor the SoCon officiating is. :D

Eight Legger
November 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM
This one could get pretty wild with no referees. :)

Was just thinking the same thing....although, I would rather play with no refs than the MEAC refs we had last year. Man, they were bad.

appfan2008
November 25th, 2008, 12:16 PM
the CAA officials in our game may be hoping to keep us from winning again!?!?!?

Eight Legger
November 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM

Watch those guys on their clock management. Somehow they knocked 4 seconds off the clock against us at W&M Saturday at the end of the first half, leaving only 4 second left and forcing us to kick a FG when we were at the 1 yard line.

GannonFan
November 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Year in and year out, the most atrocious referees come from the MEAC. It's a bit insulting to even call it refereeing, and yes, I did have a very low opinion of MEAC referees long before last year's championship game, that game was just one more log to add to a very big fire. xnonono2x

McNeese75
November 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Year in and year out, the most atrocious referees come from the MEAC. It's a bit insulting to even call it refereeing, and yes, I did have a very low opinion of MEAC referees long before last year's championship game, that game was just one more log to add to a very big fire. xnonono2x

Just thank your lucky stars there are no SWAC crews in the mix xsmhx

stevdock
November 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM
This thread makes me feel better about what we saw on Saturday.

TCisMYhero
November 25th, 2008, 10:08 PM
The good refs move up to FBS. And some to the NFL. And then they blow backward pass calls.
On a serious note, without replay, you can't get on these guys too much. For every bad call, there's 50 good calls that they make. I'll call out a ref for belonging in Pop Warner just as quick as the next guy, but I have a great deal of respect for what they do. Everybody has a team they root for, but nobody has a favorite referee crew.

Tod
November 25th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Yeah, you're screwed.

;)

TCisMYhero
November 25th, 2008, 10:17 PM

Let's hope they have some luck this yearxwhistlex

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM

When did UNI play a Big Sky team at their place?

T-Dog
November 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
If UNH and SIU get the same refs from the App/Western game, be prepared for the line judge to call pass interference downfield and to measure anything within two yards of a first down. If the pylon falls over and the player is within three yards of the goal line, it's a touchdown. And holding is not only uncalled, it's encouraged.

appstate38
November 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I think we can all agree that as long as we don't get officials that were as bad as the championship game last year then we should all be fairly happy. Hopefully these crews won't become the story but, find a way to do a good job.

TCisMYhero
November 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I think we can all agree that as long as we don't get officials that were as bad as the championship game last year then we should all be fairly happy. Hopefully these crews won't become the story but, find a way to do a good job.

Uh.... Your team won. Are you really still bitter about officiating?

kirkblitz
November 25th, 2008, 11:04 PM
what no SEC or ACC crews!??!

stevdock
November 25th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Uh.... Your team won. Are you really still bitter about officiating?

When the officiating was that bad, even the winning team can admit it. What's wrong with that?? I only watched about half the championship game last year, and it didn't take long to figure out how bad that was being officiated.

TCisMYhero
November 25th, 2008, 11:17 PM
When the officiating was that bad, even the winning team can admit it. What's wrong with that?? I only watched about half the championship game last year, and it didn't take long to figure out how bad that was being officiated.

If my team had won, that would be the farthest thing from my mind.

Big Dawg
November 25th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I can't stand MEAC officials...they may have kept us from 11-1 or even 12-0 this season.

Against DSU, there was phantom Pass Interference call they set up DSU TD...we lost 35-28 in OT

Against SCSU, there was a a forward pass ruled a fumble and run(rather walked) back for SCSU TD...even SCSU Head Coach Buddy Pough said we got screwed on that call...we lost 28-21

Against Morgan State, the officials took 10 points from us and even sent a letter of apology to the MEAC offices for messing up...we lost 13-10

MEAC OFFICIALS SUCK!!!

DX Man
November 25th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Me too!xsmhx

If ever there was a case to get instant replay in the FCS.....

charliej
November 26th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Watch those guys on their clock management. Somehow they knocked 4 seconds off the clock against us at W&M Saturday at the end of the first half, leaving only 4 second left and forcing us to kick a FG when we were at the 1 yard line.

In the CAA this isn't interference,just"Really good defence":p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb187/Kickin_chickin/medium_IMG_7633.jpg

appstate38
November 26th, 2008, 06:25 AM
If my team had won, that would be the farthest thing from my mind.

Well that is the difference between you and me. I want the game to be decided by the players and not the guys in the stripped shirts. Besides it doesn't help FCS football when the officials are that bad.

purplepeopleeaterv2
November 26th, 2008, 07:49 AM
In the CAA this isn't interference,just"Really good defence":p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb187/Kickin_chickin/medium_IMG_7633.jpg

In all truthfulness you guys really should keep an eye on the clock. There have been a few incidents this year where the clock did not start when it should have or it kept ticking down when it should have stopped. I know the fans alerted the coaching staff which was then resolved by the refs. Just a FYI.

patssle
November 26th, 2008, 08:03 AM
xlolx The Gateway crew in Missoula in 2006 didn't know holding from a snowball xrotatehx . I do feel sorry for CP and Weber State. The SLC (big 12 wanna bees) are going to call holding and pass interference all night long. Their poor OL and DBs are going thru hell this weekend.

Has McNeese had problems with the officiating? Every since they did the Big 12/SLC partnership (which btw, some of our officials ARE from the Big 12), SLC officiating has been pretty good.

McNeese75
November 26th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Has McNeese had problems with the officiating? Every since they did the Big 12/SLC partnership (which btw, some of our officials ARE from the Big 12), SLC officiating has been pretty good.

IMO I have not seen much if any improvment since the Big 12 deal was struck. Most of the time it seems like they are just going through the motions and there have been a lot really bad calls (not just in McNeese games). They are better than the SWAC though xnodx

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2008, 09:55 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

But seriously, to the MEAC officials:
PLEASE DO NOT "SCREW-UP" LIKE YOU ALL DID DURING THE CHAMP. GAME OR LIKE YOU GUYS DO ON A REGULAR BASIS!!! PLEASE???

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE. Players, Coaches, AD's, Alumni, Mascots, Parents etc... HAVE A LOW OPINION OF MEAC REF'S. We've been dealing with those knuckleheads for a LONG TIME!

LacesOut
November 26th, 2008, 11:22 AM
If UNH and SIU get the same refs from the App/Western game, be prepared for the line judge to call pass interference downfield and to measure anything within two yards of a first down. If the pylon falls over and the player is within three yards of the goal line, it's a touchdown. And holding is not only uncalled, it's encouraged.

That's funny stuff, right there. LOL

Seriously though, why are all these conference refs sooo bad? Or why are they perceived as being soooo bad?

Even NFL refs blow call after call, game after game. Remember that.

LacesOut
November 26th, 2008, 11:23 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

But seriously, to the MEAC officials:
PLEASE DO NOT "SCREW-UP" LIKE YOU ALL DID DURING THE CHAMP. GAME OR LIKE YOU GUYS DO ON A REGULAR BASIS!!! PLEASE???

Agree.

But at least this game won't be nationally televised, for all to see how bad they can be!

tingly
November 26th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Do they use the best crew from each conference or an "all-star" crew?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
No Patriot League crews? They've certaintly gotten better the last couple years.

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm guessing the Patriot League officials would be assigned to the EKU-Richmond game, seeing as how that one was blank in the original post, and it's the only autobid conference not already assigned

As for Colgate-Villanova with MEAC refs....aside from last year's title game, I also saw MEAC officials for UNH-Colgate in 2005. Let's just say they were better than last year's title game, and just leave it at that... xoopsx

JayJ79
December 2nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Where does one find out which crews are doing which games?

yosef1969
December 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Bump. Where is this information made available?

R.A.
December 3rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Against Morgan State, the officials took 10 points from us and even sent a letter of apology to the MEAC offices for messing up...we lost 13-10

Well, at least they apologized xlolx

Native
December 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM

Oh, crud! ...then Weber will be called for six holding penalties! xrotatehx

GSUAlumniEagle
December 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Bump. Where is this information made available?

It's really not "available".

I'm an official myself (high school level) so I peruse officiating forums frequently. Often times threads will get started and officials will fill in the blanks when they know which conference is doing which game (normally because the poster is part of the crew working the game).