View Full Version : Playoff Selection Process

Hansel
November 14th, 2005, 08:05 PM
The NCAA sponsors 4 divisions/subclassifications of Football

I-A, I-AA, II and III.

I-A has the BCS rankings which determine who will play in the championship game and are made available to the public weekly starting in mid-October (please no BCS bashing in this thread, this is about IAA)

DII has regional rankings which determine the playoff participants and are released to the public weekly starting in October

DIII like DII has regional rankings which determine the playoff participants and are released to the public weekly starting in October

DI-AA has 8 committee members (who select the playoff participants) representing the 8 autobid conferences speak privately of their own "poll" which is released to the public.... a week before the playoffs start

this one aspect of IAA which I wish was more like DIA/II/III :o

November 14th, 2005, 08:16 PM
On I-AA Waves tomorrow night we have as a special guest the Chair of the I-AA Playoff Selection Committee, Roachel Laney. He gave us a long interview and speaks of all aspects of the selection process.

November 14th, 2005, 08:18 PM
... this one aspect of IAA which I wish was more like DIA/II/III :oWell, we have the GPI!

FlyYtown
November 14th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Ralph; that show be booming if you could get HIM/HER on Live. I am guessing by the name its a she but I do not want to disrespect the chair.

And man Moohead will help you! He told me myself; email him off his site on www.mooheadradio.com or pm him on here; he joined as Moohead.

November 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Ralph; that show be booming if you could get HIM/HER on Live. I am guessing by the name its a she but I do not want to disrespect the chair.

And man Moohead will help you! He told me myself; email him off his site on www.mooheadradio.com or pm him on here; he joined as Moohead.I prefer recordings for a bunch of reasons. Besides, the show is already booming!! :nod:

BTW Roachel is a male and former AD of Appalachian State.

I left a message with your friend but never received a callback.