November 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Vote and Discuss

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM
close early then ASU pulls away

nmatsen
November 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Go SCSU!

I really don't think that SCSU will stay within 5 touchdowns but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I predict the one with the most points after 60 minutes wins, after that, just the one with the most points. I stand by my prediction.

slycat
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
App wins. I would like to see SCSU win and have a chance at a home game though.

OLDMAIN80
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
ASU, the experience factor is too much for SCSU

neersnbeers
November 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Jerry Moore and Co., Mountaineers, The Rock.......Gotta go with the Black N Gold.
I think SCST will come out strong but when those ESPN cameras get rolling so do the 'Neers.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Jerry Moore and Co., Mountaineers, The Rock.......Gotta go with the Black N Gold.
I think SCST will come out strong but when those ESPN cameras get rolling so do the 'Neers.

the ESPN fact and the Rock factor are hard to ignore...

jus10asu
November 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM
No contest...App by 4+ TDs

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
No contest...App by 4+ TDs

dont be too cocky that is how we lose one of these things...

T-Dogg
November 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Tough up-stream swim for SCSU! It can be done, but not likely.........good luck!

Tribe4SF
November 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I doubt this will be close. Difference in line play, and team speed heavily favor ASU.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I doubt this will be close. Difference in line play, and team speed heavily favor ASU.

I agree on the breakdown but to say it wont be close is unfair to a 10 win team

DX Man
November 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
DeAndre Presley will be in as QB by 4th quarter.xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 09:54 AM
ASU got a paved road to Chatty in this draw xsmhx

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM

???
Um I see 7 other teams on our half that could beat us...

Ok I concede... the top half is a good bit tougher!... but you still have to win the games...

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM

That's what happens when you're a seed, unless of course you run up against EWU I suppose. Just like teams with weaker schedules (non-BCS in FBS) you can only play who you have in front of you.

Hail-Hail
November 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Heavy is the head that wears the crown ::searches for Hail! Hail! t-shirt:: I believe in the "Audacity of Hope" ya dig....

"Never underestimate the power of passion"
Eve Sawyer

Stand and take your mark bulldogs.........this fight is against the world!!

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2008, 11:06 AM
As long as SCSU PLAYS MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL AND SMACKS THAT FRONT SEVEN OF APP. ST. SQUARE IN THE MOUTH, this game will be close and very entertaining.

Edwards is a beast but SCSU is just as good as any FCS team App. St. has seen this season. To take them lightly would be a STUPID MISTAKE!

But we know they will have each others full respect.

Bulldogs-28
Mountaineers-33

A Missed FG for SCSU and a 2nd half turnover seal the victory for the Mountaineers in a GREAT FIRST ROUND GAME.

Touchdown Yosef
November 24th, 2008, 11:09 AM
As long as SCSU PLAYS MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL AND SMACKS THAT FRONT SEVEN OF APP. ST. SQUARE IN THE MOUTH, this game will be close and very entertaining.

Edwards is a beast but SCSU is just as good as any FCS team App. St. has seen this season. To take them lightly would be a STUPID MISTAKE!

Bulldogs-28
Mountaineers-33

A Missed FG for SCSU and a 2nd half turnover seal the victory for the Mountaineers in a GREAT FIRST ROUND GAME.

A bold first post, welcome to AGS!

Appfan_in_CAAland
November 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
That's what happens when you're a seed, unless of course you run up against EWU I suppose.

Or Wofford xlolx

SouthernEagle02
November 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
The key to beating App is that the opposing team must control AE. Take one of your linebackers and his only assignment the whole game is AE...blitz, blitz, and more blitz. Corners and up the middle. AE's passing has gotten better but it is his running and scrambling that make him dangerous. Shut down the run and SCST could pull an upset. And SCST cannot afford to let AE get into any kind of rythmn...PERIOD!! He does and its all over for the Bulldogs. Plus SCST cannot commit any errors at all. I go back to our game this year with App & had we not made a very costly error at the end, I believe we would have won. Lastly, SCST cannot allow themselves to become intimadated by playing the 3 time champs or playing at Kidd Brewer. So who will win? I want SCST, but I since I bet with my wallet and not with my heart, I got to go with App. (But just in case I'll cover with Wofford xsmiley_wix)

LehighFan11
November 24th, 2008, 11:27 AM
App by as much as they choose. I expect the spread to be high 20s and I'll be giving it.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
The key to beating App is that the opposing team must control AE. Take one of your linebackers and his only assignment the whole game is AE...blitz, blitz, and more blitz. Corners and up the middle. AE's passing has gotten better but it is his running and scrambling that make him dangerous. Shut down the run and SCST could pull an upset. And SCST cannot afford to let AE get into any kind of rythmn...PERIOD!! He does and its all over for the Bulldogs. Plus SCST cannot commit any errors at all. I go back to our game this year with App & had we not made a very costly error at the end, I believe we would have won. Lastly, SCST cannot allow themselves to become intimadated by playing the 3 time champs or playing at Kidd Brewer. So who will win? I want SCST, but I since I bet with my wallet and not with my heart, I got to go with App. (But just in case I'll cover with Wofford xsmiley_wix)

the problem is this year our passing attack has gotten so much better... you can try to stop the run but we will throw it over you all day...

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2008, 12:04 PM
A bold first post, welcome to AGS!
Thanks for the welcome. xpeacex

Im just glad that SCSU actually has a DEFENSE and a RUNNING GAME to compete. As long as the coaching staff doesn't call anything stupid, it will be close. Just ask Central Florida.xsmiley_wix

McNeese75
November 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
???
Um I see 7 other teams on our half that could beat us...

Ok I concede... the top half is a good bit tougher!... but you still have to win the games...

Yes you have to win them but when the #1 seed gets the draw they did, you just have to wonder about WTF is going on.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yes you have to win them but when the #1 seed gets the draw they did, you just have to wonder about WTF is going on.

i think unfortunately regionalization and attendance both mattered way to much this year...

Edge316007
November 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I know what's going on...

Geography.

Rekdiver
November 24th, 2008, 12:21 PM
ASU may play AE for a very limited amount of time just to get the rust off.
I look for DE to play a good bit.

ASU will win by 21 with reserves playing most of the day..

OldFootballGuy
November 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM

It's no different than last year. Wofford, the SoCon co-champions got sent to Montana. And the two best teams in the field of 16; JMU and ASU; had to play in the first round. That was also a WTF moment. They seem to manage at least one every year.

PhoenixSupreme
November 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hmmm....I'm gonna say App 38, SCSU 24

Ivytalk
November 24th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hmmm....I'm gonna say App 38, SCSU 24

This sounds about right. I can't see SCSU winning this game, but it'll be closer than most people think.

appstate1998
November 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Weren't we the self annointed champs in 1995 and supposed to walk all over SP Austin and have a rematch with Marshall in the Championship game? Didn't work out to well that year overlooking opponents. I'm not taking SCSU lightly at all. Scored 143 to 0 the last three games

BearGibson
November 24th, 2008, 12:48 PM
State will play App tough, but in the end, no one beats the Mountaineers at Kidd Brewer.

48-24

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
ASU may play AE for a very limited amount of time just to get the rust off.
I look for DE to play a good bit.

ASU will win by 21 with reserves playing most of the day..

are you crazy???

please dont be stupid and overlook these guys...

proasu89
November 24th, 2008, 01:08 PM
are you crazy???

please dont be stupid and overlook these guys...

Sorry but Rekdiver is not taking any snaps or covering any WR's. He can overlook them if he wants toxsmiley_wix The 55 or so dressed in Black on Saturday are the ones who countxnodx

GOODY26
November 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
xpeacex I'm a Meac fan and my heart is with the Bulldogs, but I'm realist too.

ASU..................45 SCSU............28

http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/2008/9/3/rp_primary_JamarJohnson_08_VSU1.jpg

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Sorry but Rekdiver is not taking any snaps or covering any WR's. He can overlook them if he wants toxsmiley_wix The 55 or so dressed in Black on Saturday are the ones who countxnodx

and they better be ready bc if we played like we did in the first half of the western game we could lose!

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Vote and Discuss

Hasn't this already been posted for discussion?xeyebrowx

SouthernEagle02
November 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
the problem is this year our passing attack has gotten so much better... you can try to stop the run but we will throw it over you all day...

Maybe, but you know running is ya'lls bread and butter. My point is, any team playing App has got to blitz AE on nearly every down. I think us sacking him 4 times kept the score decent but also kept us in the game. You take away his feet and make him throw and you have a shot at beating App thats all I'm saying.

SouthernEagle02
November 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
but in the end, no one beats the Mountaineers at Kidd Brewer.

48-24

Um, I may be getting old but I think we kinda did last year.:D

jonmac
November 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe, but you know running is ya'lls bread and butter. My point is, any team playing App has got to blitz AE on nearly every down. I think us sacking him 4 times kept the score decent but also kept us in the game. You take away his feet and make him throw and you have a shot at beating App thats all I'm saying.

blitzing can help but it's dangerous with the inside handoff read on the option and the misdirection. I think having a spy on AE is the best way but still may be futile.

NSUSPARTAN
November 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Appy may win, how ever I feel it will be a good game. App St 31 SCSU 21

gr8ness97
November 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Go State!

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM

You mean two years ago. This season is over for you. :D

woffordgrad94
November 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM
When is the last time a MEAC team won a plyoff game? I'm not trying to smack the MEAC here, I'm just wondering because I don't know. And for what it's worth, I don't think it's going to happen this year either, although SC State does seem to be better that a lot of previous MEAC entries. I think SC State could make a game of it, but "The Rock" will be too tough for them.

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM
When is the last time a MEAC team won a plyoff game? I'm not trying to smack the MEAC here, I'm just wondering because I don't know. And for what it's worth, I don't think it's going to happen this year either, although SC State does seem to be better that a lot of previous MEAC entries. I think SC State could make a game of it, but "The Rock" will be too tough for them.

Last one I remember is FAMU in 1999. They went to the semifinals. I don't believe a MEAC team has won since.

gr8ness97
November 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM
1999 was the last year of a meac victory in the playoffs

bigchocolate
November 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
SC State 35
App State 28

Game ends with App inside the 20 as time expires. When you can play defense and run the ball you always have a chance.

SouthernEagle02
November 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
You mean two years ago. This season is over for you. :D

Well played my friend, well played.xlolx

WileECoyote06
November 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
SCSU is good, but App is beyond fast. I don't think it's going to be a 60-point drag; I'd say App 35, SCSU 17.

SouthernEagle02
November 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
blitzing can help but it's dangerous with the inside handoff read on the option and the misdirection. I think having a spy on AE is the best way but still may be futile.

Oh no doubt it is dangerous. But like I said, an opposing team cannot sit back and let AE get into a rythmn. It will be a good game (I hope). This is about the only time I'll even remotely cheer for App. Won't do it for furple, but I'll do it for App.

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I think blitzing is a good counter to Armanti-- but you have to have fast guys and you have to get to him. JMU and GSU both did a good job of that.

appmaj
November 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
App 60 SCSU 14

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2008, 04:07 PM

i know whats going on.....elon screwed everything up. if wofford was in the CAA and Richmond was in the Socon, the first round matchup would be App/Wofford and JMU/Richmond. But since there in the same conference, they cant play in the first round. So because Elon lost saturday, it threw a wrench in the geography plans, and theyre trying to set up matchups would be my guess.

that, and the committee smokes crack while choosing the field, from what i hear.xcoffeex

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I think blitzing is a good counter to Armanti-- but you have to have fast guys and you have to get to him. JMU and GSU both did a good job of that.

you blitz all day, you can count on Courman having one heck of a day across the middle.

MasonJar
November 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Yeah, but we still gotta make the drive.;)

xhomerx ASU in a tune-up: how big of a win depends on how the Bulldogs handle TheRockxeyebrowx

DSUrocks07
November 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM

Bulldogs-28
Mountaineers-33

Thats what I'm talking about. xthumbsupx
Good to see you around here WCA.
Welcome to AGS xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
you blitz all day, you can count on Courman having one heck of a day across the middle.

Yeah, I wasn't really saying they should blitz every down or anything. Well timed blitzes... and make sure you get to him. Not easy or anything... but if I was the defensive coordinator that's what I'd try to do.

And, that's what's so great about a really good offense. Satterfield has an answer for most anything a defense tries to do. Getting in his head would be as big of a challenge as consistently knocking Armanti for a loss.

AppMAN04
November 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
This game will start out very close as we like to keep them and by the 2nd quarter we will run away with the game. Boone is too crazy for anyone to come in and just take the crown. At least SCSU will be on TV... this will make 7 times for us

StrikeJMU
November 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics24/400/RL/RLPODOJKHTAPYXO.20081123183351.jpg

...little cocky don't ya think?

AppStateold299
November 24th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I think it will be a lot closer game than people think, but I still think ASU puts it away in the 4th. Like someone said the team with the most points at the end of the game always wins.

appirishmen
November 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
i will say App wins. but i have all the respect for SCSU and i know our team will. we almost lost in the first round last year and our team only likes to play half a game this year. i say SCSU comes out to play and App needs to play their best. GO APPS!!!!!

PS. I hope all of you SCSU fans that come to the game have a good time and welcome to Boone!!

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Appalayshun St8 wyns.

GATA
November 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM
ASU, the experience factor is too much for SCSU

SCSU turns in a Delaware State type performance.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
SCSU should not have any votes.

appstate38
November 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics24/400/RL/RLPODOJKHTAPYXO.20081123183351.jpg

...little cocky don't ya think?

Jealous?!?!

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2008, 06:25 PM

I am telling you all NOT TO TAKE THOSE BULLDOGS IN ORANGEBURG LIGHTLY! They have just as much speed at the skill positions as ASU. They can also RUN THE FOOTBALL AND IF THEY GET THEIR PLAYACTION GOING, App. St. will have their hands full.

They are way more talented then Del. St. and will put on a show saturday, win or loose.

Watch out because this will not be the last you have heard of us. The MEAC will no longer be the Doormat of the FCS!xeekx

Bulldog87
November 24th, 2008, 06:27 PM
If oue coahes have a good game plan and we get good special teams play and limit the penalities,SCSU wins 28-27. If not App State wins 35-20. We have the players to compete. If we can keep the flags off of the field and have a little imagination this will be a better game than most folks expect. How long does it take to get from Charlotte to Boone? What time does tailgating start at KBS?

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM
SCSU should not have any votes.
Please explain your reasoning in why they should not have received any votes? Have you watched SCSU play this season or are you ASSUMING that just because they PLAY IN THE MID-EASTERN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE, they do not have the Speed, TALENT AND do not play FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND FOOTBALL?xeyebrowx

Bulldog87
November 24th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Please explain your reasoning in why they should not have received any votes? Have you watched SCSU play this season or are you ASSUMING that just because they PLAY IN THE MID-EASTERN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE, they do not have the Speed, TALENT AND do not play FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND FOOTBALL?xeyebrowx
SHHH.xsmiley_wix

Griz0383
November 24th, 2008, 06:50 PM
App's 3rd string will be in after half time! Sorry for my ignorance but has SCSU been to the post season?

CharlestonAppFan
November 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
If oue coahes have a good game plan and we get good special teams play and limit the penalities,SCSU wins 28-27. If not App State wins 35-20. We have the players to compete. If we can keep the flags off of the field and have a little imagination this will be a better game than most folks expect. How long does it take to get from Charlotte to Boone? What time does tailgating start at KBS?

Bulldog, it's according to which part of Charlotte you are coming from....it can be anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 to 2 hours according to the location. Tailgating usually starts around as early as 8:00 am or so for 12:00 games like this one.

Be forewarned though, there isn't that many places you can park that's close to the stadium....and be prepared to walk up or down a lot of hills xnodx

Bulldog87
November 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Bulldog, it's according to which part of Charlotte you are coming from....it can be anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 to 2 hours according to the location. Tailgating usually starts around as early as 8:00 am or so for 12:00 games like this one.

Be forewarned though, there isn't that many places you can park that's close to the stadium....and be prepared to walk up or down a lot of hills xnodxI'm leaving from Moncks Corner. I was hoping that once I got to Charlotte I't would be smooth sailing. This sounds like a 4hr trip. Are there any good sports bars in Boone that the opposing fans can visit on Friday night and make a few "Friendly" wagers for Saturday's games?

MaxASU'81
November 24th, 2008, 08:00 PM
When you can play defense and run the ball you always have a chance.

You are so right! The one other intangible is turnovers. I think SC State gives the Apps a run for it but.....I know the Bulldogs have not seen the team speed that they will Saturday. If you can't simulate it in a weeks time you can't defense it. If we are all healthy it will turn late in the 2nd quarter. If we are still banged up it will turn early in the 2nd half. Either way we exit the game with a lot of respect for the Bulldogs and the MEAC looking like a league on the rise!

But we also take the win!

Good luck, no injuries! and dress warm 3333ft is a lot of altitude!

Go APPS

appsfan
November 24th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Appy may win, how ever I feel it will be a good game. App St 31 SCSU 21

Agreed. I think it will be a hard fought game.xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'm leaving from Moncks Corner. I was hoping that once I got to Charlotte I't would be smooth sailing. This sounds like a 4hr trip. Are there any good sports bars in Boone that the opposing fans can visit on Friday night and make a few "Friendly" wagers for Saturday's games?

Well, many may say Geno's or Klondike, or Boone Saloon. If you're in college and want a college bar, those will suffice. I like Cafe Portofino. It's a restaurant, but it also has a bar and a place outside to drink. There's also Macado's, which is another favorite of mine.

MaxASU'81
November 24th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm leaving from Moncks Corner. I was hoping that once I got to Charlotte I't would be smooth sailing. This sounds like a 4hr trip. Are there any good sports bars in Boone that the opposing fans can visit on Friday night and make a few "Friendly" wagers for Saturday's games?

Out of Charlotte? Are you coming into South Charlotte via I 77 or I 85? If you are coming up 85 then take Hwy 321 N toward Boone about exit 17. If you are coming up 77 then take 77N to hwy 421 exit 73 (B I think) towards Wilkesboro and Boone. **(I am taking you the fewest turns)**.

Beef O'Brady's is in the Goody's and Walmart Shopping center on 321. It is more of a Bar hangout! If you want the best food Go to Pepper's in the Shadow Line Shopping Center on Shawdow Line Drive....it looks small from the outside but it is the best food in Boone!

Good Luck Safe Travels and May ASU win!

apaladin
November 24th, 2008, 08:27 PM
This is really a silly question. Like, who will win Citadel of Florida?

apaladin
November 24th, 2008, 08:29 PM

And this is surprising?

TheOne14
November 24th, 2008, 08:45 PM
App by 10
SCSU has a great ground game from what I can gather, but I believe App will be too much to handle in the end

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM

"And that's why they play the game."
Chris Berman, ESPN

ericsaid
November 24th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I think Armanti will have a big day, 350 total yards and 4 TD's atleast. The defense will show up to prove they can stop the run. SCSU not knowing having played Edwards won't know how to gameplan for him and from what highlights i've seen of SCSU their team speed isn't going to match up very well. Look foward to watching.

ASU 45
SCSU 21

AppMAN04
November 24th, 2008, 08:49 PM
The weather is going to be in the mid 40's, which is a nice warm day with 15mph winds. So SCSU be ready. Tailgating early about 8 or so

inpsite1919
November 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM
This game will start out very close as we like to keep them and by the 2nd quarter we will run away with the game. Boone is too crazy for anyone to come in and just take the crown. At least SCSU will be on TV... this will make 7 times for us

Also working in S.C. State’s favor are a couple of streaks. The Bulldogs have won 21 consecutive games in the month of November and Saturday’s matchup will air nationally on ESPNU.

S.C. State is a perfect 16-0 in nationally-televised games and 10-0 in games aired by the ESPN Family of Networks.

AppMAN04
November 25th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Also working in S.C. State’s favor are a couple of streaks. The Bulldogs have won 21 consecutive games in the month of November and Saturday’s matchup will air nationally on ESPNU.

S.C. State is a perfect 16-0 in nationally-televised games and 10-0 in games aired by the ESPN Family of Networks.

VS? A&T battle of the border..lol

inpsite1919
November 25th, 2008, 04:38 AM

No we will turn in a 99 FAMU Performance

1999 NCAA I-AA playoffs
ASU Lost First Round vs. Florida A&M, 44–29

xwhistlex

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2008, 05:05 AM

1999 NCAA I-AA playoffs

xwhistlex

Little different then. I know, everyone wishes the transitive property worked in sports, unfortunately a game that happened almost a decade ago (and my freshman year xbawlingx) is not representative of what could happen again. Good luck. xpeacex

igo4uni
November 25th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I voted App. too much experience for scsu.

Saint3333
November 25th, 2008, 07:57 AM

Streaks working in ASU's favor:

ASU is on a 22 game winning streak for the months of November and December (since 11/5/05 @ LSU), 18 game home winning streak for the months of November and December (11/30/02 vs. Maine), 12 game winning streak in the playoffs (Maine), 11 game home winning streak (GSU last year), 9 game overall winning streak (JMU), and is 13-0 on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU networks.

AE likes TV btw :D .

WestCoastAggie
November 25th, 2008, 08:01 AM

ASU is on a 22 game winning streak for the months of November and December (since 11/5/05 @ LSU), 18 game home winning streak for the months of November and December (11/30/02 vs. Maine), 12 game winning streak in the playoffs (Maine), 11 game home winning streak (GSU last year), 9 game overall winning streak (JMU), and is 13-0 on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU networks.

What will be his status for the game? I hope he is 100%. But either way, this will be an entertaining ball game and will not be like that DSU vs. DU fiasco. They just weren't any good. xsmhx

Black and Gold Express
November 25th, 2008, 08:05 AM
What will be his status for the game? I hope he is 100%. But either way, this will be an entertaining ball game and will not be like that DSU vs. DU fiasco. They just weren't any good. xsmhx

By all accounts he should close to or at 100% with his injuries. Sitting him out against Western was more precautionary and looking ahead than anything. It also got a lot of game snaps for DeAndre, and anyone who watched that game could see the rapid improvement he made as the game went on.

Also sitting the whole WCU game were the #1 and #2 halfbacks, Welton and Radford. Not sure why that was, but I am guessing it was the same thing, to rest them for the playoffs. Both have been banged up at different points of the season.

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM

1999 NCAA I-AA playoffs

xwhistlex

Maybe, and I hope you do. IMO, this year's Apps would have beaten the '99 FAMU Rattlers.

biggie
November 25th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Also sitting the whole WCU game were the #1 and #2 halfbacks, Welton and Radford. Not sure why that was, but I am guessing it was the same thing, to rest them for the playoffs. Both have been banged up at different points of the season.
Its been a long time since we've had both of them playing in a game and would help us greatly.

Welton is shoulder and Radford knee. Hope both of them are back though.

Looking at the game notes, though they aren't always the most up-to-date:

Probable:
Love
Welton

Questionable:
AE
Radford

proasu89
November 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Appalayshun St8 wyns.

Good one NIU:p

GSUISBACK
November 25th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Go SCSU

Saint3333
November 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM

AE will be probable in the report and will start.

Welton RB had a shoulder injury and Radford RB a knee injury, both should be available Saturday.

DE Roberson, RB Moore, and DB McDuffie have been out since the 3rd game (I'm hoping they get a medical redshirt). We miss Roberson the most right now.

The Moody1
November 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM

I was at the game and actually we beat ourselves. xsmiley_wix

dgreco
November 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
scsu xnodx

The Moody1
November 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
.. and is 13-0 on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU networks.

Good thing the LSU game got moved to ESPN Classic. :D

ejjones
November 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
SCSU 28
ASU 24

AppStateLumbee
November 25th, 2008, 03:30 PM
That just might come true if we overlook you guys. I just hope yall show up like Delaware State did last year against the chickens.

CrackerRiley
November 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Beat me too it...
Those are some impressive streaks by SCSU but look at THOSE streaks. xeekx
those mean nothing though coming into Saturday.

jaxstatealum
November 25th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Close early - SCSU will play on hype and emotion. By half-time reality will have sunk in and they will lose by 24+

T-Dog
November 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I was at the game and actually we beat ourselves. xsmiley_wix

Yeah, I wasn't there but from what I heard, FA&M was running some futuristic type offense called the "Spread option" and many of our defenders were still looking at the sideline when the ball was snapped. xsmhx

Probably one of the worst losses App ever had because of how unprepared we looked. Not taking anything away from that FA&M team (they were convinced of an ungodly number of NCAA violations later though) but that App team was very good. Beat eventual champs Georgia Southern at home, lost at Auburn by a last-minute TD and finished 9-2 and were Socon co-champs with FU and GaSo (we got the auto for some reason although all three of us made the playoffs) xbawlingx

BULLDOG8180
November 25th, 2008, 04:01 PM

I was thinking the same thing, 0-0.xlolx

BULLDOG8180
November 25th, 2008, 04:08 PM

I really was thinking the same thing!xsmhx

DX Man
November 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Just saw it posted that the ref's for the game will be from the CAA. xthumbsdownx

That could be trouble!xflaggedx

MaxASU'81
November 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Just saw it posted that the ref's for the game will be from the CAA. xthumbsdownx

That could be trouble!xflaggedx

They cannot possibly be as bad as the MEAC ones were for the Championship game last year! REallllllllllllly BAYD! It was a joke at the game and we were not even privy to the replays. They missed a really good game!xwhistlex

ejjones
November 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
The funny thing is....everyone from the MEAC know that the best team hasn't represented the conference in some time now....one bad lost during the season and you're at home during the playoffs...everyone is not afforeded the opportunity to play in the CAA and get 5 teams in the playoffs...SCSU would finish in the top 3 in that leaugue year in/out. Their will be some shocked folks in boone on Saturday, if they think SCSU is typical MEAC talent. You've heard it hear first...feel free to chime in after Saturday too!

Big Dawg
November 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Maybe, and I hope you do. IMO, this year's Apps would have beaten the '99 FAMU Rattlers.

HELL NO!!!xlolx

Wait did I really say that???

art vandelay
November 25th, 2008, 05:20 PM
The funny thing is....everyone from the MEAC know that the best team hasn't represented the conference in some time now....one bad lost during the season and you're at home during the playoffs...everyone is not afforeded the opportunity to play in the CAA and get 5 teams in the playoffs...SCSU would finish in the top 3 in that leaugue year in/out. Their will be some shocked folks in boone on Saturday, if they think SCSU is typical MEAC talent. You've heard it hear first...feel free to chime in after Saturday too!

No team finishes in the top 3 year in and year out in the CAA. xpeacex SCSU would be no exception. im not going to going into all the conference comparisons between the two because everyone here knows the score. but even if you were from a good conference you would not be able to claim a year in and year out success. Sure UNH and JMU have been good recently but look at six years ago where these two teams were playing for sixth place or worse.

ejjones
November 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
No team finishes in the top 3 year in and year out in the CAA. xpeacex SCSU would be no exception. im not going to going into all the conference comparisons between the two because everyone here knows the score. but even if you were from a good conference you would not be able to claim a year in and year out success. Sure UNH and JMU have been good recently but look at six years ago where these two teams were playing for sixth place or worse.

Call the MEAC what you want, but we've been in the thick of things year in/out...mostly out though with 1or2 conf. loses...

Big Dawg
November 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I wasn't there but from what I heard, FA&M was running some futuristic type offense called the "Spread option" and many of our defenders were still looking at the sideline when the ball was snapped. xsmhx

The offense FAMU ran was called "The Gulf Coast Offense" where we would call no huddle all game, audible like crazy, and have 5 WR sets. It was a quick strike offense that kept opposing defenses off balance...I was pretty young back in 1999 during the peak of the "Gulf Coast Offense"

art vandelay
November 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Call the MEAC what you want, but we've been in the thick of things year in/out...mostly out though with 1or2 conf. loses...

I didn't call the MEAC anything. dDd you read what I wrote. No team is consistantly finishing that high in the CAA.

Big Dawg
November 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM
The Bulldogs have to play a perfect game!!!

Hail-Hail
November 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
The Bulldogs have to play a perfect game!!!

Point blank period kind sir!!

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
HELL NO!!!xlolx

Wait did I really say that???

Big:
Were you there in 1999 in Boone? I was. What I saw in FAMU was the mirror image of ASU's current offense. Or, at least, what I remember seeing. I am not sure App's 1999 D saw what happened. Their attention was more on the sidelines than the game, which just passed them by.

Is this year's App team better AT THAT OFFENSE than the Rattlers were? Yep. You'll see. App's D is better too. They get to practice against the best.

AppMAN04
November 25th, 2008, 07:22 PM

SHOCKED doubt it. Yes you guys had a great season and we all respect that, but you are in the MEAC and until you win your conference and a playoff game every year for the next 5 seasons youll just be another automatic bid that took someone elses spot. I think even a win over us wont put you up there with JMU, NOVA or Richmond.... ANYWAYS are any of you going to be at the game? ...AppMAN will be in the building. GOODLUCK TO ALL

Appaholic69
November 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM

Jones you must be high or something. Now I give your team props for winning your conference and having a great year but when you start spewing crap like finishing no lower than third year in and year out in the CAA, or for that matter the SoCon, then you are either delusional or frigin' stupid.

Now like I said your team has had a great year but until your team, and your conference especially, show that it is as competitive as the CAA, SoCon or other strong conferences then all you have is great years.

apppackdad
November 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM
App-35

Slobbering Poochies-14

blitz4
November 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I have been researching this game over the past few days. South Carolina State matches up as well against appstate as anybody. They have enough athletes to contain the reciever and enough speed at linebacker to contain AE. Contain does not mean hold them to no yards or td's, it simply means control them to the point to win. Their offense and QB isnt bad either. He can throw it.

I still think app will win, but im predicting a nail biter. Especially considering app is playing at 12 noon. They are a night team.

Good luck to both.

Appaholic69
November 25th, 2008, 08:35 PM
"I have been researching this game over the past few days. South Carolina State matches up as well against appstate as anybody. They have enough athletes to contain the reciever and enough speed at linebacker to contain AE."

Well consider this, While Sc State has a pretty big O-line (281.66 lbs/avg), they are not as fast, or experienced, as the Appalachian D-Line (254.75 lbs/avg) which gives up only 26.91 lbs.

Again I'm not trying to take anything away from Sc State, I just believe that there will really be two major factors that will determine the outcome of the game.

Experience on a playoff stage with 28k loud, rabid fans
and
Good ol' cold Boone weather at 3,333 ft.

It's gonna be great. I've already got the beer chillin' out side cause it's colder than the fridge. Sc State fans, hope you have fun and if you see any Appaholics say Hi. We're crazy but mean no harm.

BearGibson
November 25th, 2008, 08:37 PM
The game will be close until halftime.

The Mountaineers will end up winning by 21.

It is going to be a cold, cold game. Nasty weather...

19Duke97
November 25th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I think people are sleeping a bit on this SCSU team, but they are not good enough for App St

35 -21 App

Big Dawg
November 25th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Big:
Were you there in 1999 in Boone? I was. What I saw in FAMU was the mirror image of ASU's current offense. Or, at least, what I remember seeing. I am not sure App's 1999 D saw what happened. Their attention was more on the sidelines than the game, which just passed them by.

Is this year's App team better AT THAT OFFENSE than the Rattlers were? Yep. You'll see. App's D is better too. They get to practice against the best.

Go back and re read my post...try to pick up the slight hint of sarcasm...slight

DX Man
November 25th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Big:

I agree 100%. I was there too (On the sidelines, up in the press box, and all over the stadium). That loss is stuck in my mind.xcoolx

AppMAN04
November 25th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I have been researching this game over the past few days. South Carolina State matches up as well against appstate as anybody. They have enough athletes to contain the reciever and enough speed at linebacker to contain AE. Contain does not mean hold them to no yards or td's, it simply means control them to the point to win. Their offense and QB isnt bad either. He can throw it.

I still think app will win, but im predicting a nail biter. Especially considering app is playing at 12 noon. They are a night team.

Good luck to both.

might be a nail biter, by the way we very rarely play night games so that is not true. I cant wait to get back to Boone, hell I might even hit sugar mtn up while Im there.

blackcaesar3k5
November 25th, 2008, 09:14 PM
SCSU wil probably lose by td

DX Man
November 25th, 2008, 09:21 PM
"No team is automatic, but the Mountaineers are just flat-out tough to beat at The Rock. The band is always rocking. The team feeds off the big crowd yelling “APP!” “STATE!” back and fourth to each other like piranhas dividing up a school of goldfish."
-Steve Behr, Sports Editor. The Watauga Democrat

That says it all!xpeacex xthumbsupx

Big Dawg
November 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Big:

I disagree...no offense is better than the Gulf Coast Offense under Pat Bonner(threw for 3,575 yds, 38 TDs in 1998) and JaJuan Seider(2,622 yds, 27 TDs in 1999 and he scrambled more than Bonner)

But this isn't about 1998 or 1999, this SCSU vs. ASU. I expect ASU to win but it wouldn't surprise me if SCSU pulled off the upset. I'm more confident in SCSU this year than DSU last year.

rjg129
November 26th, 2008, 04:47 AM
SC State will get rattled early by the atmosphere of The Rock...The players will be huddled on the sidelines trying to keep warm...They will be more worried about the cold than ASU...ASU defense comes out on fire and holds the bulldogs under 20

Im really expecting ASU to make this a statement game...just not a jackrussellterrier statement game

SCSU-17
ASU-40

Yosef@therock
November 26th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Anygiven Saturday.

Big Dawg
November 26th, 2008, 05:14 AM
As I look at this game, this might be the day that America gets introduced to SCSU RB Will Ford

GoBlueHens83
November 26th, 2008, 05:15 AM
ASU-44
SCSU-7
xsmiley_wix

ejjones
November 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM
"I have been researching this game over the past few days. South Carolina State matches up as well against appstate as anybody. They have enough athletes to contain the reciever and enough speed at linebacker to contain AE."

Well consider this, While Sc State has a pretty big O-line (281.66 lbs/avg), they are not as fast, or experienced, as the Appalachian D-Line (254.75 lbs/avg) which gives up only 26.91 lbs.

Again I'm not trying to take anything away from Sc State, I just believe that there will really be two major factors that will determine the outcome of the game.

Experience on a playoff stage with 28k loud, rabid fans
and
Good ol' cold Boone weather at 3,333 ft.

It's gonna be great. I've already got the beer chillin' out side cause it's colder than the fridge. Sc State fans, hope you have fun and if you see any Appaholics say Hi. We're crazy but mean no harm.

27LBS goes along way in the 4th Q when those big boys have been leaning on you all day. Also, am I reading the wrong weather report? Looks like the temps will be in the 40s. Last week's game was in the twenties in Greensboro, NC. It definitely won't be that cold & we put up 55 while kneeling down inside the 5 with time remaining..& turned the ball over on the first two possesions inside the 20. Could have easily been 80.

DSUrocks07
November 26th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone going into this weekend expecting a blowout is an absolute idiot...

Skjellyfetti
November 26th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Thought this was a pretty good write-up from the Orangeburg newspaper.

Especially this:

Friendship with Jeffries goes back years, Moore says

Aside from watching S.C. State play on ESPNU, Moore acknowledges he knows very little about this year’s team.

He does share a longtime friendship, however, with the legendary Willie Jeffries dating back to Moore’s head coaching days at Texas Tech.

“Willie and I have known each other as long as any one of us would like to admit,” he said. “When we first started in conversations and meeting and talking, we both use to tease each other about picking cotton and we both would pull that sack down that road and I teased him that I could pick more cotton than he could.

“When we get together, we don’t talk for 2-3 minutes if we don’t start talking about picking cotton. And I think I can speak for both of us we’re both very proud that we pulled that sack down those cotton roads because it helped both of us as men where things in our lives have come from and I think I speak for Willie when I say that. He’s a great person.”

Jeffries said Tuesday he later learned former Iowa head coach Hayden Frye picked as much cotton as both of them. He also suggested to Moore instead of telling people that he used to pick cotton, he should refer to himself as formerly a “textile builder.”

http://thetandd.com/articles/2008/11/26/sports/doc492cdd355f56d192857948.txt

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
27LBS goes along way in the 4th Q when those big boys have been leaning on you all day. Also, am I reading the wrong weather report? Looks like the temps will be in the 40s. Last week's game was in the twenties in Greensboro, NC. It definitely won't be that cold & we put up 55 while kneeling down inside the 5 with time remaining..& turned the ball over on the first two possesions inside the 20. Could have easily been 80.

Right, but being from Greensboro myself, I will say App State is a little better than A&T--not much, just a little. xsmiley_wix

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Right, but being from Greensboro myself, I will say App State is a little better than A&T--not much, just a little. xsmiley_wix
WELL THAT IS STATING THE OBVIOUS!!!! xcoffeex

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2008, 09:52 AM
WELL THAT IS STATING THE OBVIOUS!!!! xcoffeex

No need to drink coffee, it was joke, get it? xeyebrowx

theasushow
November 26th, 2008, 11:33 AM
we gotta take them seriously...michigan didnt take asu seriously....and well, you know.
anything can happen.

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2008, 11:35 AM
"No team is automatic, but the Mountaineers are just flat-out tough to beat at The Rock. The band is always rocking. The team feeds off the big crowd yelling “APP!” “STATE!” back and fourth to each other like piranhas dividing up a school of goldfish."
-Steve Behr, Sports Editor. The Watauga Democrat

That says it all!xpeacex xthumbsupx

I don't think the crowd will be the difference. SCSU has already played at loud-as-hell Clemson, and mean-as-hell USC (in 07).

ASU wins because they have better talent, and/or a better gameplan.

I just don't want to see a rout. SCSU probably should have been representing the MEAC the last two or three years; they have been the most talented team for a while. SCSU is a better team than Del State in 2007; but I wish they were matched up with someone other than App State. SCSU could beat five or more of the current playoff field.

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Appalachian State
SC State will be no pushover, and may even have the athletes to match the Mountaineers at lots of positions. But App is ranked #2 for a reason. They've got depth, experience and a big-time homefield advantage up there in Boone. Tough draw for a game Bulldogs team, but they're not the ones to end Appalachian's run

The Moody1
November 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I don't think the crowd will be the difference. SCSU has already played at loud-as-hell Clemson

And what was that Clemson score again? xsmiley_wix

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2008, 12:20 PM
And what was that Clemson score again? xsmiley_wix

Well, App and SCSU have something in common. They've both played and gotten their butts whipped at a stadium nicknamed Death Valley. :D

BullDog85
November 26th, 2008, 12:38 PM
As much as I hate ASU, the money bet is on ASU in this matchup. This game for SCSU will be just like their matchup against Clempson.

How bad the beating will be all depends on which ASU team shows up.xeyebrowx

If ASU only plays 1/2, then the score will be 47-14.xnodx
If ASU plays the entire game....70-14...just ask Wofford.xwhistlex

ejjones
November 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM
No need to drink coffee, it was joke, get it? xeyebrowx

Your joke should be on relevant content; I was referring to the temperature in Greensboro, not the quality of opponent..

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Your joke should be on relevant content; I was referring to the temperature in Greensboro, not the quality of opponent..

Clearly newbie.

I was making a point that it could have been -50º or 90º and you guys still would have dominated A&T. Sounds like your post to me considering you mixed weather and scoreing. However, it could be in the twenties in Boone, NC and you may not be able to put up 55 points, would that make a difference to your point? Not trying to be a douche here, I just made a joke (I'm from Greensboro and hate seeing the Aggies perform so bad lately) and apparently you got all defensive (why? I have no idea). My joke was on relevant content, it just went over your head, I guess. It's cool though, no hard feelings EJ. xpeacex

MaroonDoom
November 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
ASU- 45 SCSU- 14

biggie
November 26th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Last week's game was in the twenties in Greensboro, NC.
Will say that it wasn't in the 20s during a daytime game in Greensboro, high that day was 42. Definately a different climate.

GOODY26
November 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
xpeacex More than any thing else I think depth will play a major role in this game.

http://www.nsuspartans.com/images/header_football.gif

BlueHen86
November 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
ASU wins in a rout.

Monarch History
November 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
ASU annihilates SCSU 31-7.

GATA
November 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I don't think the crowd will be the difference. SCSU has already played at loud-as-hell Clemson, and mean-as-hell USC (in 07).

I just don't want to see a rout. SCSU probably should have been representing the MEAC the last two or three years; they have been the most talented team for a while. SCSU is a better team than Del State in 2007; but I wish they were matched up with someone other than App State. SCSU could beat five or more of the current playoff field.

The only team in this field that SCSU could beat is Colgate...and that's even a stretch.

Appaholic69
November 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
"27LBS goes along way in the 4th Q when those big boys have been leaning on you all day. Also, am I reading the wrong weather report? Looks like the temps will be in the 40s. Last week's game was in the twenties in Greensboro, NC. It definitely won't be that cold & we put up 55 while kneeling down inside the 5 with time remaining..& turned the ball over on the first two possesions inside the 20. Could have easily been 80."

It may have been in the twenties in Greensboro, but I'll warn you now in case you don't know. Similar temperatures feel much differently in Boone than in the Piedmont. Trust me, when you combine differences in the elevation, humidity and wind the difference is vast.

Cold is not cold. The Sc State team will notice a difference, in weather and in the opposition.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Denied. Wofford played great at USC and the got creamed by App, The Rock is harder to play at.

ejjones
November 26th, 2008, 05:42 PM
The only team in this field that SCSU could beat is Colgate...and that's even a stretch.

eku, rich,, woff, unh, maine, colgate, to name a few....xlolx

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
eku, rich,, woff, unh, maine, colgate, to name a few....xlolx

um...no

The only one I would give you is Maine because they cut it close this year.

Touchdown Yosef
November 26th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Lots of talk about the Rock being full, any word on what the expected attendance is at this point? From what I remember this is a fairly low attended game. We have gotten better each of the last 3 years at filling the stadium this weekend but I would be surprised if 20k were there sat. For instance, I have 8 season tickets and only 2 will be filled saturday by my group.

Appaholic69
November 26th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Lots of talk about the Rock being full, any word on what the expected attendance is at this point? From what I remember this is a fairly low attended game. We have gotten better each of the last 3 years at filling the stadium this weekend but I would be surprised if 20k were there sat. For instance, I have 8 season tickets and only 2 will be filled saturday by my group.

I'm hearing that a little more than 20K will be here. Hopefully the Noon game time will help with attendance this year. Just make sure you tell everyone you can that we need to fill this place Saturday.

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM

At Home:
Texas State, SIU

On the road:
Colgate, EKU, Colgate

Well, one thing; if SCSU is losing 42-14 at the half, then we know they are about the same as one team out there.xthumbsupx

Appaholic69
November 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
At Home:
Texas State, SIU

On the road:
Colgate, EKU, Colgate

Well, one thing; if SCSU is losing 42-14 at the half, then we know they are about the same as one team out there.xthumbsupx

The only team your cowdogs should be thinking about right now is Appalachian State, not who you think you could beat.

Armanti is 100% according to a coach I spoke with today.

KiddBrewer
November 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM
not anywhere close to 20K is my bet.

last years first round vs. JMU was 14,040. it was a noon game time too if im not mistaken.

KiddBrewer
November 26th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Well, App and SCSU have something in common. They've both played and gotten their butts whipped at a stadium nicknamed Death Valley. :D

SWEET, so we got something in common with Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and well every other team in the SEC, as well as pretty much anybody thats ever played there since 2000, over which time the bayou bengals are 49-7 in Death Valley. xcoffeex

AppMAN04
November 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I know I will be in the house and cant wait to see those cold SCSU faces. I wish it would snow and give them a taste of the High country.

Appaholic69
November 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I know I will be in the house and cant wait to see those cold SCSU faces. I wish it would snow and give them a taste of the High country.

So far there is a 30% chance of precipitation. That could change as anyone that has spent much time in the High Country knows.

BearGibson
November 26th, 2008, 08:12 PM
So far there is a 30% chance of precipitation. That could change as anyone that has spent much time in the High Country knows.

true story

ejjones
November 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
not anywhere close to 20K is my bet.

last years first round vs. JMU was 14,040. it was a noon game time too if im not mistaken.

15,000, that's it, SCSU will have atleast 6K traveling...maybe more giving the importance of this game and proximity.

ASUMountaineer
November 26th, 2008, 08:40 PM
15,000, that's it, SCSU will have atleast 6K traveling...maybe more giving the importance of this game and proximity.

How did they get tickets? I am sure the allotment was about 1/6th of that, if the Bulldogs are lucky. Tickets just opened up Monday to anyone not a season ticket holder for season seats, which is a good portion of the stadium. I guess we'll know soon enough if there's a bunch of red.

The average attendance for SCSU last year was 13k. That means half the people, at least, who go to home games will travel up to Boone for the game. That's pretty impressive if it happens. I guess first playoff game in that long is something worth traveling for. We'll see.

No jokes this time...

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM
SWEET, so we got something in common with Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and well every other team in the SEC, as well as pretty much anybody thats ever played there since 2000, over which time the bayou bengals are 49-7 in Death Valley. xcoffeex

Gosh. . yall sure are tense.

AppMAN04
November 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Well considering it being the holiday weekend and all 15,000 is a lot...BOOne is a college town. Dont worry we will still be loud as hell and drunk...SCSU while you guys are going to be up here be sure to go to Macados or the Daniel Boone Inn, might as well be full when you go back home.xpeacex

WileECoyote06
November 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM
The only team your cowdogs should be thinking about right now is Appalachian State, not who you think you could beat.

Armanti is 100% according to a coach I spoke with today.

you could have at least included all the previous quotes so people can have some context.

Edge316007
November 26th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Appalachian State and (to borrow a phrase from another board I frequent) it's not even close.

As for attendance, I think 20k isn't asking too much.

appstate1998
November 26th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Well considering it being the holiday weekend and all 15,000 is a lot...BOOne is a college town. Dont worry we will still be loud as hell and drunk...SCSU while you guys are going to be up here be sure to go to Macados or the Daniel Boone Inn, might as well be full when you go back home.xpeacex

thanks for representing your alumni so well....we love seeing us represented as a bunch of loud drunk rednecks..

And if you want some good food...not some chain like Macados where you can go to a mall like Concord Mills and get, or Daniel Boone Inn where you pay 14 bucks for all you can eat..which by the way is cans of green beans, cans of corn, some fried chicken and a few other things..the only decent thing there is the ham biscuits..but of course...it's not all you can eat....if you want more than one each of those you have to pay extra.

If you want good food that you won't find everywhere, I suggest places like Parthenon Cafe. Great greek food and one of the best white pies you will find, also cafe portofino is great as well. Unless something has changed since I've been there, they are also a good place to get a drink, unlike Macados which has the slowest service of any restaurant anywhere in Boone.

AppMAN04
November 26th, 2008, 09:05 PM
thanks for representing your alumni so well....we love seeing us represented as a bunch of loud drunk rednecks..

And if you want some good food...not some chain like Macados where you can go to a mall like Concord Mills and get, or Daniel Boone Inn where you pay 14 bucks for all you can eat..which by the way is cans of green beans, cans of corn, some fried chicken and a few other things..the only decent thing there is the ham biscuits..but of course...it's not all you can eat....if you want more than one each of those you have to pay extra.

If you want good food that you won't find everywhere, I suggest places like Parthenon Cafe. Great greek food and one of the best white pies you will find, also cafe portofino is great as well. Unless something has changed since I've been there, they are also a good place to get a drink, unlike Macados which has the slowest service of any restaurant anywhere in Boone.

The ham biscuits are good at DBI but you are right it is too expensive but Macados is always on point. Boone Bagelry or Sunrise Gril for breakfast. I never said Rednecks only drunks ...lol anyways Cant wait to get back up there. GO AppS

HighRyder08
November 26th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Our Daily Bread on King Street is the best restaurant in Boone

Appaholic69
November 26th, 2008, 10:00 PM
you could have at least included all the previous quotes so people can have some context.

Well I thought that if anyone is a member of this board and makes it this far into a thread then they've probably got the context of the statement. Either way it doesn't change the intent of central theme of the message.

And if you don't understand the context of something before you speak, then take some life advice, don't talk about something you know nothing about. Listen, Learn and then maybe, just maybe speak.

AtlantaMountaineer
November 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Do they teach math at SC State? If you bring 6K to the game I would like to know where you are getting the tickets. First of all I don't believe any other visiting team in history has ever brought half that number to App. That includes Georgia Southern, James Madison, Furman, etc. Second, the visiting team's allotment is probably more like 1K. And a large majority of the stadium is taken up by season ticket holders who had until late Tuesday to purchase their tickets. The rest of the stadium is reserved for ASU students. Would love to see that number visit the mountain but I think you need to be a little more realistic. At any rate, hope you enjoy the trip up the mountain. It will be a beautiful ride up if not on the way down. Welcome to The Rock and God's Country. Hope you are treated well and have a safe trip. Looking forward to the game.

See you Saturday! Go Apps!!!

AppStateSVX
November 26th, 2008, 11:53 PM
there seems to be a problem with Student ticketing on the GoAsu website. I can't find it anywhere. only thing i'm seeing is "standard" 25.00 tickets, which as much as I love App, I can't afford that ****. no freaking way.

this might really hurt attendance. Most college students can't afford $25.00 a pop games

ronpayne
November 27th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I thought they couldn't give away free student tickets for the playoffs... something about the NCAA needing money....xcoolx

My prediction: Black & Gold Steamroller 50+, Team from somewhere in SC 21, scored in garbage time in the 4th quarter against our 4th string QB.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AppStateSVX
November 27th, 2008, 12:33 AM
they're supposed to be $5.00

i can't find it though, and it is really starting to piss me off. I have NEVER missed a home game or playoffs in all 4 years i've been here.

what the ****

MountaineerMania54
November 27th, 2008, 12:46 AM
just got to student tickets...online student ticketing, and reserve it like normal...just got mine...you gotta enter a credit card to pay the $5

AppStateSVX
November 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
link? i'm not finding the student ticketing tab anywhere.

MountaineerMania54
November 27th, 2008, 12:49 AM
https://www.ticketreturn.com/appstate/?DB_OEM_ID=21500

then log in like normal

AppStateSVX
November 27th, 2008, 12:50 AM
got it. just found it after looking for a while. thanks for the heads up

MountaineerMania54
November 27th, 2008, 12:51 AM
no problem man...just looking out for a fellow 'neer

WileECoyote06
November 27th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Well I thought that if anyone is a member of this board and makes it this far into a thread then they've probably got the context of the statement. Either way it doesn't change the intent of central theme of the message.

And if you don't understand the context of something before you speak, then take some life advice, don't talk about something you know nothing about. Listen, Learn and then maybe, just maybe speak.

xlolx you're funny. . you ought to take your routine on the road.

xcoffeex

rjg129
November 27th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Do they teach math at SC State? If you bring 6K to the game I would like to know where you are getting the tickets. First of all I don't believe any other visiting team in history has ever brought half that number to App. That includes Georgia Southern, James Madison, Furman, etc. Second, the visiting team's allotment is probably more like 1K. And a large majority of the stadium is taken up by season ticket holders who had until late Tuesday to purchase their tickets. The rest of the stadium is reserved for ASU students. Would love to see that number visit the mountain but I think you need to be a little more realistic. At any rate, hope you enjoy the trip up the mountain. It will be a beautiful ride up if not on the way down. Welcome to The Rock and God's Country. Hope you are treated well and have a safe trip. Looking forward to the game.

Marshall was the only team that could put close to 6k in KBS...

if past attendance is any indicator, i would expect 15-17k...

Appaholic69
November 27th, 2008, 07:09 AM
xlolx you're funny. . you ought to take your routine on the road.

xcoffeex

No thanks I'd rather stay here at the Rock until we move to our second home in Chattytown, AKA APPYtown, in December.

ejjones
November 27th, 2008, 07:46 AM
How did they get tickets? I am sure the allotment was about 1/6th of that, if the Bulldogs are lucky. Tickets just opened up Monday to anyone not a season ticket holder for season seats, which is a good portion of the stadium. I guess we'll know soon enough if there's a bunch of red.

The average attendance for SCSU last year was 13k. That means half the people, at least, who go to home games will travel up to Boone for the game. That's pretty impressive if it happens. I guess first playoff game in that long is something worth traveling for. We'll see.

No jokes this time...
You need to take up the ticket allocation up w/ your AD; and you're right, last year average attendance was 13K. However, 2008 is a different year and the average is 18K. Look up the latest stats, we're in the top 10 average attendance rankings. If you need the link, then I'll send it to you. So, only 33% of the fans will be traveling. Do be impressed, be excited!

ejjones
November 27th, 2008, 07:53 AM

We sure do, teach math; BTW we got the only undergrad nuclear eng. program in the south. The ticket allotment needs to be addressed with your AD. Maybe the rules change for playoffs, and visitors are allotment % go up based on average home game attendance (scsu, 2008, 18K). Keep in mind, we're not one of those other schools visiting Boone. History is exactly what it is....in the past until a prevelent act trumps it in the future... Go Dogs!

Saint3333
November 27th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Do they teach math at SC State? If you bring 6K to the game I would like to know where you are getting the tickets.

SC State fans there will be plenty of tickets available in the first round game. KBS can hold 30K and typically only 16K show up for the first round game as about 1/3 of alumni and 1/2 of students who regularly come are spending time with family this weekend.

Sell those tickets.

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Jeez, I'm glad some of you App. St. fans are no where near the coaching staff because you guys are really letting this overconfidence get 2 y'all head. You guys are acting like you are playing some pansy like western Carolina or worse, A&T (yes i know but my school's football sucks azz)!

Im telling you that those Bulldogs can hang with the best of 'em in FCS and will surely hang with you guys deep into the game. But once again, THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME you overconfident, ignorant pansies!!!

boonegoon
November 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Jeez, I'm glad some of you App. St. fans are no where near the coaching staff because you guys are really letting this overconfidence get you y'all head. You guys are acting like you are playing some pansy like western Carolina or worse, A&T (yes i know but my school's football sucks azz)!

Im telling you that those Bulldogs can hang with the best of 'em in FCS and will surely hang with you guys deep into the game. But once again, THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME you overconfident, ignorant pansies!!!

Quit with the generalizations. There are plenty of App fans who respect every playoff team that we face. I for one remember the Florida A&M game vividly and I imagine Coach Moores does too. I think that both teams will be very prepared and that Sc State will put up a fight.

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Maybe the rules change for playoffs, and visitors are allotment % go up based on average home game attendance (scsu, 2008, 18K).

I think this is true, but not based on home attendance for the visitor team. Section 112 is usually a student section and on the website to purchase student tickets it says:

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!! East Side Section 112 is NOT AVAILABLE for student seating this week. It is being used as reserved seating to comply with NCAA rules.

I believe there is a rule about a certain amount of visitor seats located between the 30's.

Seems silly to put visitors right next to two student sections though... Hope y'all are treated ok...

AppMAN04
November 27th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Jeez, I'm glad some of you App. St. fans are no where near the coaching staff because you guys are really letting this overconfidence get you y'all head. You guys are acting like you are playing some pansy like western Carolina or worse, A&T (yes i know but my school's football sucks azz)!

Yes we are a little cocky, but not all of us are. please stop throwing A&T up 3 games in 3 years, Homecoming is always fun even if they havent won one in like 6 years . I do hope its a good game until the 4th at least and I will be in the house hope you guys will too.

Touchdown Yosef
November 27th, 2008, 09:31 AM

Overconfidence is allowed by fans its what they do and take your smack to the smack board their is plenty of room for it there but none here. Now, I have every reason expect a hard fought game but Appalachian is fully capable of taking you to the woodshed Saturday and it is perfectly acceptable for some fans to believe that that is exactly what this team will do. (the same as it is your right to believe the opposite)

Edge316007
November 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Last year James Madison had a very good turnout for the first round playoff game in Boone. They only brought maybe 1,000 though. There is no way SC State is bringing anywhere close to 6,000.

Why are we so confident? Maybe it's cause we already beat a pair of Bulldogs this year and App is good at threepeats?

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Coach Buddy Pough, pleased with the fact that his S.C. State team is in the NCAA's championship division playoffs for the first time since 1982, called his mother on Sunday night to tell her that his team would be playing Appalachian State in the first round.

"She said, ‘Is that the team with the little boy from Greenwood?'" Pough said, referring to Armanti Edwards, Appalachian's record-setting quarterback.

"I said, ‘Yes, ma'am, that's the one.'

"She said, ‘Well it was good you all got into the playoffs at least.' "

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/nov/27/even-the-mother-of-sc-states-coach-knows-that-appa/

xlolx xlolx

Hail-Hail
November 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I think this is true, but not based on home attendance for the visitor team. Section 112 is usually a student section and on the website to purchase student tickets it says:

I believe there is a rule about a certain amount of visitor seats located between the 30's.

Seems silly to put visitors right next to two student sections though... Hope y'all are treated ok...

You must not know the fans you are dealing with. Our fans are very classy people but I really don't think the students (drunk and belligerent or not) really want to be popping off like that.....I'll leave it at that

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Overconfidence is allowed by fans its what they do and take your smack to the smack board their is plenty of room for it there but none here. Now, I have every reason expect a hard fought game but Appalachian is fully capable of taking you to the woodshed Saturday and it is perfectly acceptable for some fans to believe that that is exactly what this team will do. (the same as it is your right to believe the opposite)

Throughout the time of Civilization, it has been shown over & over again that overconfidence when especially you do not know the full potential of one's opponent, is fatal. The Pharaoh underestimated Moses, Goliath underestimated David, and recently Michigan underestimated you guys. It would be unwise for some of you all FCS fans to take a team like SCSU lightly, especially when they can do things that are essential in playoff football: RUN THE FOOTBALL AND STOP THE RUN.

Most fans understand this and are not taking those Bulldogs lightly, but some of you feel that since you already won 2 championships, that this will be a cakewalk.

To those people: please say these things to the coaching staff and players. There is nothing like overconfidence to go with that serving of crow that you all will be eating. and trust me, calling SOME App. St. fans OVERCONFIDENT, IGNORANT PANSINES is not smack.

http://community.meacfans.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461044881/m/3841048745?r=6271041845#6271041845

click that link to see some smack!!!xthumbsupx

Applete
November 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Throughout the time of Civilization, it has been shown over & over again that overconfidence when especially you do not know the full potential of one's opponent, is fatal. The Pharaoh underestimated Moses, Goliath underestimated David, and recently Michigan underestimated you guys. It would be unwise for some of you all FCS fans to take a team like SCSU lightly, especially when they can do things that are essential in playoff football: RUN THE FOOTBALL AND STOP THE RUN.

Most fans understand this and are not taking those Bulldogs lightly, but some of you feel that since you already won 2 championships, that this will be a cakewalk.

To those people: please say these things to the coaching staff and players. There is nothing like overconfidence to go with that serving of crow that you all will be eating. and trust me, calling SOME App. St. fans OVERCONFIDENT, IGNORANT PANSINES is not smack.

http://community.meacfans.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461044881/m/3841048745?r=6271041845#6271041845

that would be 3 championships............xwhistlex

AppMAN04
November 27th, 2008, 10:20 AM
WELL, until we lose we do run this ish...and I am overconfident, even a little ignorant...we prob wont hear from a few of you come sunday. So get it in while you can SCSU

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
There is nothing like overconfidence to go with that serving of crow that you all will be eating.

Did you just guarantee a SC State victory? xeyebrowx

Edge316007
November 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
It's OK for fans to be overconfident and cocky. We don't play for the team. Pretty sure Jerry is not gonna let the players get in the same mindset.

DX Man
November 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM

1. Michigan did not underestimate ASU. ASU had the better team period!

2. ASU currently has 3 NCAA Football Championships....and counting.

3. You can call the APPS anything you want, but the one thing that can't be denied is the fact that we are THE CHAMPIONS!xpeacex xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
November 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
1. Michigan did not underestimate ASU. ASU had the better team period!

2. ASU currently has 3 NCAA Football Championships....and counting.

3. You can call the APPS anything you want, but the one thing that can't be denied is the fact that we are THE CHAMPIONS!xpeacex xthumbsupx

Beat me to it! What's a pansine?

The Moody1
November 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Beat me to it! What's a pansine?

I think it is a French delicacy. Torched Bulldog. :D

Two Pansines down and one to go.

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
You must not know the fans you are dealing with. Our fans are very classy people but I really don't think the students (drunk and belligerent or not) really want to be popping off like that.....I'll leave it at that

I wasn't saying they should or would want to... was only saying I don't get why they would put visitors next to a student section. I wouldn't want to sit next to the home team's student section if I was a visitor. I wasn't encouraging students to give y'all crap... or especially start violence. xlolx xconfusedx

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Did you just guarantee a SC State victory? xeyebrowx

HECK NO! Do u think i'm stupid. But I guarantee that you will be like "Damn SCSU is a good team."

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I think it is a French delicacy. Torched Bulldog. :D

Two Pansines down and one to go.

FIRST OF ALL, ITS PANSY!

Second, to find a pic of a pansy, look here:
http://community.meacfans.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461044881/m/3841048745

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
HECK NO! Do u think i'm stupid. But I guarantee that you will be like "Damn SCSU is a good team."

Nah, I already think they are a good team. I think it will be in the 10-17 point range. I don't think it will be a blowout and I think it will be very close through 3 quarters.

UD97HENS
November 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
ASU has this one locked up

The Moody1
November 27th, 2008, 11:36 AM
FIRST OF ALL, ITS PANSY!

Second, to find a pic of a pansy, look here:
http://community.meacfans.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1461044881/m/3841048745

Copied from your post, "PANSINES". xrolleyesx

Touchdown Yosef
November 27th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Thank you so much for the history lesson how could I have overlooked ancient Egypt as it pertains to a football game this Saturday. Once again good luck but I still stand by the fact the FANS have every right and some reason to be confident for this game, over-confidence is a matter of opinion. Don't be too worried about if our fans are picking a 200 point victory, I assure you Jerry and Co. will have our boys ready to bring home a victory by a big or small margin (doesn't matter to me)

Big Dawg
November 27th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm gonna xlolx my azz off is ASU actually loses this game.

ASUMountaineer
November 27th, 2008, 12:50 PM
You need to take up the ticket allocation up w/ your AD; and you're right, last year average attendance was 13K. However, 2008 is a different year and the average is 18K. Look up the latest stats, we're in the top 10 average attendance rankings. If you need the link, then I'll send it to you. So, only 33% of the fans will be traveling. Do be impressed, be excited!

That's fine, I will be shocked if 6000 SCSU fans show up. I said I may be surprised, I'm still not sure why you're so defensive. However, I don't see us giving SCSU 6000 seats, we don't do that for Furman or GSU, why SCSU? By the way, since you're talking about links, where is the source that says 6000 will be coming, or that that is the allotment given to SCSU? Just out of curiosity...

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
close early then ASU pulls away

The closest this game is going to be is 0-0. ASU wins this by 50.

Edge316007
November 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
The closest this game is going to be is 0-0. ASU wins this by 50.

Correction, ASU could win this by 50 but they want to conserve energy for Richmond next weekend.

Big Dawg
November 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Let's go Dawgs...this is the ONLY time I will "rep" SCSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePezte8QjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbQkbMpa_0E&feature=related

Skjellyfetti
November 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Let's go Dawgs...this is the ONLY time I will "rep" SCSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VePezte8QjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbQkbMpa_0E&feature=related

That band looks awesome. I wish they were coming to the game this weekend. :(

Big Dawg
November 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
That band looks awesome. I wish they were coming to the game this weekend. :(

The band would've added that 12th man for SCSU considering how tough "The Rock" is...not much but just a little something.

ejjones
November 28th, 2008, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=Big Dawg;1231317]The band would've added that 12th man for SCSU considering how tough "The Rock" is...not much but just a little something.[/QUOTE

Did someone read the band wasn't coming? I wouldn't be shocked though...It is the holidays & the majority of the band is probably home.

AppMAN04
November 28th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Seriously the longest week ever!

ericsaid
November 28th, 2008, 03:17 AM
This is a very short week, AE has plaued v ry well and expec A;pp to win comfoaby.

Drunk=ME but thats my predictd score sobe or not.

BeauFoster
November 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM
This is a very short week, AE has plaued v ry well and expec A;pp to win comfoaby.

Drunk=ME but thats my predictd score sobe or not.

Eric, your posts are over the top when sober. I'd recommend you save the fire water until you are LEGAL and try to be a little more coherent when posting.

Touchdown Yosef
November 28th, 2008, 08:01 AM

So SC State fans carry weapons? I'm confused.

Seriously though I hope all who come have a great time and are treated well. Stop by my tailgate for some food, beer, and a bit a hard time on your way by.

AppMAN04
November 28th, 2008, 09:20 AM
where is you tailgate going to be located ? I will def come through and say hi... GO ASU

Hail-Hail
November 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM
So SC State fans carry weapons? I'm confused.

Seriously though I hope all who come have a great time and are treated well. Stop by my tailgate for some food, beer, and a bit a hard time on your way by.

No, I just posted that to say that I really don't think our fans are intimidated by any student section....everything after that is just speculation. No weapons just pride for the team....unless that's considered a weapon in which case we are all armed and dangerousxpeacex

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM
<~~~~~ Biggest SC State fan in the state of Georgia this week!

AppAlum2003
November 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Love you too!

appfan2008
November 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM

no rooting for your socon brethern?

Appstate29
November 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM

From Home of course. I'm Smelling a "Hey Furman, Gawjha Suthuuun, how's home?" sign making an appearance at the game tommorow.

ASUMountaineer
November 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
no rooting for your socon brethern?

I don't (unless playing FBS), couldn't expect them to.

GaSouthern
November 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Sorry guys, I am pulling for Woffie, but you guys are 1/2 way to six and I like to keep Youngstown ahead of you in the race for six+ flags.

I did however pull for ASU in the first two, then I started to get nervous of the prevailing dynasty :)

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2008, 03:50 PM
SC State's away uniforms look almost exactly like USC's. Only difference is the S vs. the C.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/03/13/05/slideshow_305133_9.jpg

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1187/726551.jpg

DSUrocks07
November 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
SC State's away uniforms look almost exactly like USC's. Only difference is the S vs. the C.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/03/13/05/slideshow_305133_9.jpg

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1187/726551.jpg

The MEAC needs to get an UnderArmour contract for new unis xnodx

BeauFoster
November 28th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Sorry guys, I am pulling for Woffie, but you guys are 1/2 way to six and I like to keep Youngstown ahead of you in the race for six+ flags.

I did however pull for ASU in the first two, then I started to get nervous of the prevailing dynasty :)

Oh, come on! You know that AE will only take us to five! xnodx

According to everyone else, we'll be garbage after he leaves. xwhistlex

AppMAN04
November 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM

Are you serious? Youngstown is old news bro, so many haters. If GS was in our spot then I would def pull for them. jealousy is a bitch! See you guys tomorrowxnodx

ejjones
November 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM
The MEAC needs to get an UnderArmour contract for new unis xnodx

can't speak for DSU, but SCSU will get on that UA contract as soon as the Russel expires.....we always follow big brother usc...they had russel before switching th UA two years ago.

ASUMountaineer
November 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Are you serious? Youngstown is old news bro, so many haters. If GS was in our spot then I would def pull for them. jealousy is a bitch! See you guys tomorrowxnodx

If GSU was in our spot I'd pull for the other team (unless it was Montana). xsmiley_wix Honestly, I do not pull for GSU or other SoCon teams, just because they're SoCon. I don't see it as jealousy, I see it as hatred, and I'm ok with that. xthumbsupx

BeauFoster
November 28th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I don't really have any conference allegiance, I just pick a team in a game and pull for them. This weekend, I'll be pulling for Wofford, but not because they play in the SoCon.

If GSU was playing Marshall or the Tarholes, I'd be an Eagle fan. Otherwise, I doubt it.

BearGibson
November 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
How many yards does everyone think Edwards will have tomorrow? I can see 150 rushing, and 200 passing.

App will have over 450 yards of total offense and will score 48.

SCST will have around 300 yards of total offense and score 20.