PDA

View Full Version : First Round UPSETS

Stang Fever
November 24th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Playoff Brackets have been announced. out of the field of 16 who has the potential of an upset.

** Upset - The team that wins was an underdog and not a toss up

example - Weber St vs Cal Poly - No real upset there either way.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Since UNH-SIU is probably a tossup, I'll say Wofford

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Colgate over Villanova i really think is more possible than many outside of the CAA or PL believe. 'Nova usually plays games close to the vest and Colgate is on a roll right now. The key will be if Colgate can deal with 'Nova's athletic defense.

Stang Fever
November 24th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Since UNH-SIU is probably a tossup, I'll say Wofford

You believe Wofford can win?

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Ashburn has JMU as a 9 to 2 favorite. Never know when that "2" will happen.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2008, 12:41 AM
You believe Wofford can win?

Very much so

GolfingGriz
November 24th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Lets go South Carolina State! Get out there and do the field a favorxlolx

blur2005
November 24th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Even though I don't see any aside from UNH over SIU, which as was already mentioned above might be considered a toss-up, you know there will be some upsets. Always are.

ASUMountaineer
November 24th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Lets go South Carolina State! Get out there and do the field a favorxlolx

Ahh, I know most App fans hope we're able to make it to the NC game. If we do, I can't think of any team(s) I'd rather play for the championship than Montana (settle for JMU). I've wanted a shot at you guys since 2000.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Ahh, I know most App fans hope we're able to make it to the NC game. If we do, I can't think of any team(s) I'd rather play for the championship than Montana (settle for JMU). I've wanted a shot at you guys since 2000.Agreed. I hope if we make it to Chatty, we get a piece of the Mountaineers.

UNHFan
November 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
UNH huge!! But wait!! UNH well make atleast 5 to 7 horrible mistakes!! UNH in a squeeker! 28-27 When you have a team going for3rd and 5 or more three times and you get a personal foul flag after stopping them all 3 times!! THATS A TURNOVER!!! as per the great Woody Hayes I QUOTE!!!

UNH PLEASE!!! Play smart!!

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 06:55 AM
SIU has the potential to upset UNH.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:06 AM
wofford for me... jmu better watch out...

appstate1998
November 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
depends upon the weather for me. If it gets nasty Saturday....I think SC State has the chance for an upset because in bad weather....anything can happen

jus10asu
November 24th, 2008, 07:31 AM

Yeah I'd go with Wofford...I see a lot of JMU people playing the numbers game with the Wofford/App game and I wouldn't do that. The Terriers are no joke, I highly doubt JMU will put up numbers anywhere near what App did and I can very easily see the boys from Spartenburg gettin a W. Look what they did in Montana last year.xcoffeex

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Agreed. I hope if we make it to Chatty, we get a piece of the Mountaineers.

Boy do I sure hope we only get a piece...

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 10:30 AM
i think maine has a shot, and the selection commitee will be proved right that maine deserves to be in

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM

There are no toss ups. Somebody will be favored. I'd say CP is a heavy favorite on this board. xnodx

griz&beer
November 24th, 2008, 10:38 AM

When I seen the draw I said to Polson, damn, talk about a tuff first round match up. JMU better bring their A plus game...xnodx

89Hen
November 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM
When I seen the draw I said to Polson, damn, talk about a tuff first round match up. JMU better bring their A plus game...xnodx
It will be a tough game but I think JMU matches up well with Wofford. JMU is more like App than anything else WC has seen all year and we all know how that game turned out. WC is the #2 rushing offense, but it's all done via option. JMU is the #4 rushing offense but it's done via the spread, just like AppSt. I think WC will grind out some yards and may even control the TOP, but I expect JMU to simply outscore them. xpeacex

smallcollegefbfan
November 24th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Playoff Brackets have been announced. out of the field of 16 who has the potential of an upset.

I would say perhaps Montana vs. Texas State. While I am picking Montana to win I could see an upset because Texas State has been overlooked and not respected all year from the pollsters. The one upset I will pick though and feel has the best chance of happening is Maine in the first round.

Pitz
November 24th, 2008, 10:51 AM
If it was a regular season game, I might say Villanova would be on upset alert.

However, I feel they will be prepared for their first playoff game since 2002.

ChickenMan
November 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Colgate over Villanova i really think is more possible than many outside of the CAA or PL believe. 'Nova usually plays games close to the vest and Colgate is on a roll right now. The key will be if Colgate can deal with 'Nova's athletic defense.

Unless Nova turns the ball over a bunch of times.. Colgate won't be able to score nearly enough points to upset Villanova.

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 03:29 PM
i think maine has a shot, and the selection commitee will be proved right that maine deserves to be in

xsmhx Maine has no chance.

BestOfBreed
November 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
It will be a tough game but I think JMU matches up well with Wofford. JMU is more like App than anything else WC has seen all year and we all know how that game turned out. WC is the #2 rushing offense, but it's all done via option. JMU is the #4 rushing offense but it's done via the spread, just like AppSt. I think WC will grind out some yards and may even control the TOP, but I expect JMU to simply outscore them. xpeacex

Just so you know... Wofford runs from the shotgun spread. xwhistlex

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM
xsmhx Maine has no chance.

really... i feel like this years maine team is getting just as much crap as last years unh... and we were very close to an upset, im not saying i think maine will win, but i think it will be a good game.

nutterlyattled
November 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM
much closer than any UNI fan would like to hope

charliej
November 24th, 2008, 05:15 PM
much closer than any UNI fan would like to hope

Agreed xnodx

boonegoon
November 24th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Wofford over JMU and Maine over UNI. Would love to see UNI in Boone but also wouldn't mind them losing before they get there. I think they are a tough out.

MaximumBobcat
November 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Wofford over JMU and TxSt over Montana.

GrizFamily
November 24th, 2008, 05:50 PM

I think I saw a horror movie like that once? Seems familiar to me. xsmiley_wix

BearGibson
November 24th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Wofford over JMU.

Wofford then goes on to lose to Montana in a revenge match.

Otherwise, there won't be an upset in the first round.

GATA
November 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM
JMU won't be able to stop Wofford's offense. The Terriers win 35-34 when the JMU kicker misses an extra point late.

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Since everyone has overlooked EKU so far, I will go with them.

appstate38
November 24th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I am going to put the Apps and JMU on upset alert..... Reason why.... INJURIES. I believe JMU was missing almost all of there linebackers with injuries. Could be a tough assignment against the T-dog offense. The Apps have a dinged up AE and the RB's aren't 100% either. Could limit us on offense some. Both need to come out and take care of business.

jonmac
November 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I am going to put the Apps and JMU on upset alert..... Reason why.... INJURIES. I believe JMU was missing almost all of there linebackers with injuries. Could be a tough assignment against the T-dog offense. The Apps have a dinged up AE and the RB's aren't 100% either. Could limit us on offense some. Both need to come out and take care of business.

None of really know the status of AE, Welton or Radford. I have a feeling they're all as close to 100 percent as they've been all season, especially after sitting this past week. I'm confident they will be going strong. Having said that, I think it will be a tough game and the Bulldogs have as good a chance as anybody at getting the upset. AND I WOULD BE VERY UPSET.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 24th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Regarding upsets, I think UNH/SIU and Cal Poly/Weber are both tossups.

Of the remaining games, here is what I think is the most likely upset, on down to least likely...

1-UNH/Maine - Maine's D will keep them in the game and their O can be tricky.
2-Villanova/Colgate - Villanova has been sleep-walking since the JMU hail mary. Will it continue?
3-JMU/Wofford - Wofford is probably the 7th or 8th best team in the nation.
4-Richmond/EKU
5-Montana/Tex State
6-App State/SC St

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 06:54 PM
really... i feel like this years maine team is getting just as much crap as last years unh... and we were very close to an upset, im not saying i think maine will win, but i think it will be a good game.

I'd be more likely to agree with you if it weren't Maine's first trip to the party. UNI is just hitting stride and if SIU doesn't beat them I think they go to the finals.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'd be more likely to agree with you if it weren't Maine's first trip to the party. UNI is just hitting stride and if SIU doesn't beat them I think they go to the finals.

Really?

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Really?

Really. They're healthy and rested after ending the regular season with three practice games for the second and third stringers.xnodx

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 24th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Really. They're healthy and rested after ending the regular season with three practice games for the second and third stringers.xnodx

I think you're just setting yourself up to make excuses for losing at home to the 4th best team in the CAA. xwhistlex

Houndawg
November 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I think you're just setting yourself up to make excuses for losing at home to the 4th best team in the CAA. xwhistlex

No, we'll win that game.