PDA

View Full Version : Once Maine got in...

URMite
November 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
...it all makes sense. Not necessarily fair, and not sure about Maine over W&M but at that point...
#1 JMU - closest geographic Non Conf team regardless of ability is Wofford
#2 ASU - closest geographic Non Conf team regardless of ability is SCSU
#3 UNI - No bus trip Non Conf Team, since the committee wants to keep the possibility of future round bus trips alive, they pair up the teams with no Non Conf bus trip teams. Only one east of the Mississippi - Maine
#4 Montana - No Bus trip opponents, they have played 2 of the 3 other teams in that situation so get the third - Texas St.

Next pick maybe Nova (or Cal-Poly?) only bus trip opponent - Colgate
Next Cal Poly - No bus trip and get paired with the last no bus trip team - Weber St

4 teams left. SIU vs EKU is a bus trip but UR and UNH are in the same conf (even if they didn't play each other) so can't play in the 1st round.

All of that means what appears to be an uneven bracket, quite a few unfair matchups.

It seems they added 1 first round flight in order to guarantee the elimination of 3 flight only teams in that same round.

Syntax Error
November 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
As soon as Villanova was announced as not a seed I knew 5 CAA teams were in and an MVFC champ would be a seed.

TheValleyRaider
November 23rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
I figured on 5 CAA teams once I saw Wofford at JMU. JMU was the obvious choice to send Liberty to, so that was their chance. Once they were out, it had to be another CAA. I'll admit to being a bit surprised at Maine getting in

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
I knew Liberty wasn't in when David Jackson said he would be interviewing the SCSU head coach later in the show about 30 minutes before the selections were announced, which meant Wofford/SCSU wasn't happening.

knucklehead
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Once Maine got in...I puked!

TCisMYhero
November 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Once Maine got in, I smiled. This is the most favorable bracket we've seen. Not easy by any means, but play to our strengths.

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Once I saw that W&M only scheduled 11 games and lost their last 2.......I knew that they were toast! It was between Maine and Liberty at that point.

Cap'n Cat
November 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Once I saw that W&M only scheduled 11 games and lost their last 2.......I knew that they were toast! It was between Maine and Liberty at that point.

You leave right now, Jeff, you can make the tailgaters!!!!

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
You leave right now, Jeff, you can make the tailgaters!!!!

I'm at freakin Disney in Orlando right now!.......maybe we'll fly from here to Iowa instead of back to SD. ;)

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
C'mon ,Jeff. Nicest week we've had in a while.