WTF?

SoCon48
November 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
WTF?

Victim of the Fighting Falwells.

mcveyrl
November 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Victim of the Fighting Falwells.

Yea, it might've been different if it was close, but it wasn't.

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Did Elon's loss, which kept them out of the playoffs, cost Wofford a potential home playoff game and make them go to JMU??

Cranium716
November 23rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
Did you expect them to be in the playoffs after getting whooped by Liberty?

mcveyrl
November 23rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Did Elon's loss, which kept them out of the playoffs, cost Wofford a potential home playoff game and make them go to JMU??

My guess is yes, probably.

I found out about the seeds in a voicemail from mountinman. When he said we were playing Wofford, my first thought was...I guess Elon and/or Liberty didn't get in.

MacThor
November 23rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Maybe they can play in the NIT.

mcveyrl
November 23rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
Another acceptable answer to this thread:

Near Greensboro.

Cranium716
November 23rd, 2008, 09:11 PM

Near Greensboro.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Same thing I was thinking when I saw the title of this thread. Where is Elon? Probably at home getting the popcorn ready to watch the playoffs...

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
they prolly borrowed the hockey teams sticks and baseball teams bats and are on their way to beat the crap outta Liberty :p

JALMOND
November 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Elon will be spending Thanksgiving at home after not being able to score a touchdown against Big South champs Liberty (who also will be staying home on Thanksgiving).

woffordgrad94
November 23rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
they prolly borrowed the hockey teams sticks and baseball teams bats and are on their way to beat the crap outta Liberty :p

Funny, but I don't think Elon has a hockey team.

AppMan
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM

Near Greensboro.

Not to be picky, but they are actually near Burlington.

ElonPride
November 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Funny, but I don't think Elon has a hockey team.

No, but as the saying goes at Elon, "wait 'till baseball season." Seeing that seems to be our only consistent sport since moving to D-I, making the NCAA regionals 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

appstate1998
November 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM

which is like 20 minutes from greensboro lol...most people not familiar with the area have probably heard of Greensboro before Burlington. They hear burlington, they think Burlington Coat Factory commercials.

mcveyrl
November 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM

which is like 20 minutes from greensboro lol...most people not familiar with the area have probably heard of Greensboro before Burlington. They hear burlington, they think Burlington Coat Factory commercials.

Yes, that was my reasoning.

I always think of the Burlington Indians, myself...

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 09:26 AM
burlington/elon is plenty close enough to greensboro to say that they are near greensboro... good lord they are 20 minutes apart... for some people who post on here (montana/nd/sd and other western areas) their closest neighbor could be 20 minutes away...

elon77
November 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
burlington/elon is plenty close enough to greensboro to say that they are near greensboro... good lord they are 20 minutes apart... for some people who post on here (montana/nd/sd and other western areas) their closest neighbor could be 20 minutes away...

Burlington, Mebane, Gibsonville, Greensboro, Durham, Triad Region, Haw River, Crapsville, it doesn't really matter we are still at home. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

ElonPride
November 24th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Burlington, Mebane, Gibsonville, Greensboro, Durham, Triad Region, Haw River, Crapsville, it doesn't really matter we are still at home. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Sure is a hard pill to swallow.....came down to the last conference game last season, and the final game this season. Aside from the App game, this team really collpases down the stretch.

phoenixphanatic21
November 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Sure is a hard pill to swallow.....came down to the last conference game last season, and the final game this season. Aside from the App game, this team really collpases down the stretch.

I can only hope things change next year. I don't know how much more of this I can take. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

gophoenix
November 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I can only hope things change next year. I don't know how much more of this I can take. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

I for one expected it. I have said it since the Wofford game, we don't have the on field leadership to overcome deficits.

Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for them.