PDA

View Full Version : Weber St @ Cal Poly

BigApp
November 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Discuss

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM
I think Weber has a very good chance of coming out with a win. The biggest reason is defense. I think that the gap between WSU's great offense and CP's defense is larger than that of CP's better offense and WSU's better defense. If WSU doesn't turn the ball over five times like they did this week, they're tough to beat. I think the best way to beat Weber is to stop their offense, and CP can't. Weber has a better chance of slowing CP down than CP does against WSU's offense.

I Bleed Purple
November 23rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Plus we play better on the road than we do at home for some odd reason.

nevadagriz
November 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Well just let me say it sucks that one of these two Great teams will exit in the first round. Regionalization pleeeeeaaase.

ThreadStopper
November 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Well just let me say it sucks that one of these two Great teams will exit in the first round. Regionalization pleeeeeaaase.

Really, how about one of those CAA teams? :)

nevadagriz
November 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Well just let me say it sucks that one of these two Great teams will exit in the first round. Regionalization pleeeeeaaase.xnonox
Good luck to both teams nothing but respect for both teams and groups of fans.xthumbsupx

Retro
November 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
The NCAA is shafting Weber and Cal-Poly and really Montana (if they win) as none of these 3 teams should be in the same half of a bracket.. xrolleyesx

It's typical NCAA money excuse over the past several years since 911.. They care more about saving money instead of placing the teams in the proper brackets based on performance. It gives some teams a cakewalk to the semi's...

Cal Poly and Weber should be playing EKU, Colgate or Maine.

Peems
November 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
The NCAA is shafting Weber and Cal-Poly and really Montana (if they win) as none of these 3 teams should be in the same half of a bracket.. xrolleyesx

It's typical NCAA money excuse over the past several years since 911.. They care more about saving money instead of placing the teams in the proper brackets based on performance. It gives some teams a cakewalk to the semi's...

Cal Poly and Weber should be playing EKU, Colgate or Maine.

Exactly, all three of those teams had arguments for being a top seed(Well maybe not weber with that loss at the end) and I believe all three have what it takes to make it to the semis. This is the one game I want to watch outside of the Griz.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Hey um, Weber, I have a favor to ask.

Would you pretty pretty please beat Poly?

Thanks.

Green26
November 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Cal Poly will clobber Weber. I will root for Weber.

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Cal Poly will clobber Weber. I will root for Weber.

I think it's at least going to be close. Weber will slow down CP's offense better than CP's defense will slow down Weber's.

tingly
November 23rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
There's a 30% chance of rain that could slop up Poly's offense and all the motion it has. I'd say it'd also mess up Poly's kicking game, but... :)

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
There's a 30% chance of rain that could slop up Poly's offense and all the motion it has. I'd say it'd also mess up Poly's kicking game, but... :)

It would help Weber's offense as well. It's hard to tackle Trevyn Smith when you don't have a good foot hold.

tingly
November 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
The quarterfinals are tentatively 12, 2, 3:30 and 7 ET. I bet this bracket's game is the 7pm ET game.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
If I wasn't going to be in Montana watching my beloved Griz, this would be a game I'd like to see.

tingly
November 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
If Poly gets to webcast it, I bet it ends up on channelsurfing.net

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Good luck to both teams, But i'd rather see Weber play us if we make it through, but I think Cal Poly has a better chance getting deeper in the playoffs.

Weber wins is my guess

tingly
November 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Sagarin has Poly by 4˝, 2˝ and 7.
Ashburn has Poly 39-29, 24% chance of a Weber win.

The series history
1995 Weber 53-43, @Weber
1996 Weber 30-20, @Poly
2001 Weber 43-40, @Weber
2005 Cal Poly 28-26, @Poly
2006 Cal Poly 17-0, @Weber http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262522692
2007 Cal Poly 47-19, @Poly http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272580013
Overall Average - Cal Poly 33-29
@Poly Average - Cal Poly 29-13

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not guessing on this one, just gonna watch the carange xcoffeex

coover
November 23rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Got my tickets .. I'm driving to SLO Wednesday. Haven't been to San Luis for a couple of years. When is a good time to go to Jockos?

Native
November 23rd, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hey um, Weber, I have a favor to ask.

Would you pretty pretty please beat Poly?

Thanks.

Be careful what you wish for ... xlolx

Native
November 23rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
It would help Weber's offense as well. It's hard to tackle Trevyn Smith when you don't have a good foot hold.

...the voice of experience! xnodx

tingly
November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
If you're going to Jockos, do us a favor and skip the beans. I go at 5 with reservations and waited at least 30 minutes each time.

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Be careful what you wish for ... xlolx

It's very hard to beat a team twice in one season, thus you guys beating Poly would be an ideal scenario for us.

veinup
November 24th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Montana vs. Weber rematch would rule. But lets not get ahead of ourselves...

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
We have nothing better to do all week.

I Bleed Purple
November 24th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Sagarin has Poly by 4˝, 2˝ and 7.
Ashburn has Poly 39-29, 24% chance of a Weber win.

The series history
1995 Weber 53-43, @Weber
1996 Weber 30-20, @Poly
2001 Weber 43-40, @Weber
2005 Cal Poly 28-26, @Poly
2006 Cal Poly 17-0, @Weber http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262522692
2007 Cal Poly 47-19, @Poly http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272580013
Overall Average - Cal Poly 33-29
@Poly Average - Cal Poly 29-13

I remember the 17-0 game quite well.

Two touchdowns for Cal Poly that game. Total yards gained on offense for them? 1 yard.

Had no quarterback that year. Remnants of Graybeal's inability to get one here. Frustrating to watch the offense run.

Didn't even listen to last year's game. Barnes was 13-39 in that game. How do you go 13-39? Seems a statistical impossibility for a QB to have a 33% completion percentage when throwing nearly 40 times. I guess picking a receiver before you throw the ball and throwing it to him regardless of the coverage will do that.

SLOSTYLE
November 24th, 2008, 01:45 AM
very scared about this game. you have poly coming off of the schools most marquee game in history, but one where the players have to be left feeling like they should have got a win, and maybe not trusting their abilities to close out tight games(see montana). weber is just coming off a bad loss, and they know they are a better team than how they played verse ewu. they have a little to prove. very scary for poly, especially seeing that our pass defense was still the achilles heel in the uw game(besides kicking) and weber has an excellent air attack. should be a good game. ill be home for thansgiving, and i know most other poly students will, so i hope theres a good turnout. anyway, go poly football sat, and poly soccer tomorrow. cant wait for either.

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Don't be scared. I'll be in the stands to bring home the win.

Pauly LB
November 24th, 2008, 02:06 AM

I disagree:
* Cal Poly has played in the rain and it did NOT slow down the
offense one bit
* Nothing could mess up the Cal Poly kicking game any more than its
current state -- what could happen -- could they miss more extra
points and field goals

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I disagree:
* Cal Poly has played in the rain and it did NOT slow down the offense one bit

They played Idaho State that day. Poly could have got 600 yards of offense against them if the field were quicksand. Tho, the field wasn't all that sloppy. We agree on the kicking. The "..." was a polite way of saying, "it couldn't get any worse."

I Bleed Purple
November 24th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I'd prefer rain. Our Montana games were in a monsoon and a blowing blizzard. I believe we had 400 plus for both games.

gbhmt
November 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
...the voice of experience! xnodx

Preciselyxnodx

poly51
November 24th, 2008, 10:57 AM

This mornings forecast for Saturday:

High of 67 degrees, partly cloudy, 9 mph winds, no rain.

Peems
November 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Purely selfish reasons, if the Griz win I want Weber. Rematch and right now I'm scared of Cal Poly!!!!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Purely selfish reasons, if the Griz win I want Weber. Rematch and right now I'm scared of Cal Poly!!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

sikolec
November 24th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Game is at 6:05 pm (PT). Forget the kicking game...let's just go for 2 PT conversion on every PAT...just need to be 50% to even it out!

tingly
November 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
weather.com lowered to a 10% chance during the day. Night is 30% showers, 5mph East wind. Shouldn't be bad.

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 01:55 PM
bump

Kabooom
November 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabooom
If there is a toss-up game in the playoffs, this is the one......Something to think about however, was last years game at Poly....Weber got absolutly SMOKED...They had nothing but fits with Polys Spread option attack....Overpursuing the Mustangs option...then Qb Dally over the top to Ramses Barden...It was a blow-out...I think Weber having to play on the road will be the difference this time around...Poly by 10

.....OOOOPs........My bad....Due to Polys Kicking game(or lack thereof...)..it won't be 10 pts....more like some weird ass number like 8...lol

Post moved for your convenience Appy.....xrotatehx

Kabooom
November 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
very scared about this game. you have poly coming off of the schools most marquee game in history, but one where the players have to be left feeling like they should have got a win, and maybe not trusting their abilities to close out tight games(see montana). weber is just coming off a bad loss, and they know they are a better team than how they played verse ewu. they have a little to prove. very scary for poly, especially seeing that our pass defense was still the achilles heel in the uw game(besides kicking) and weber has an excellent air attack. should be a good game. ill be home for thansgiving, and i know most other poly students will, so i hope theres a good turnout. anyway, go poly football sat, and poly soccer tomorrow. cant wait for either.

....Dont't woory SLOSTYLE.....I'll be at the game to take your seat...amongst other activites...NW swell 6-8 ft @13 seconds...Hazard Canyon wil be my 2nd destination..xnodx

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
It's very hard to beat a team twice in one season, thus you guys beating Poly would be an ideal scenario for us.xthumbsupx

ThreadStopper
November 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Ask anyone that saw Cal Poly against Wisconsin and they will tell you the Mustangs are clicking right now, playing their best football ever and hungry for more. Playing Cal Poly on the road will be no small task. This Mustang team is much better than the one that beat Weber State in their house last year. Is 2008 Weber State that much better than last year's?

I Bleed Purple
November 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Ask anyone that saw Cal Poly against Wisconsin and they will tell you the Mustangs are clicking right now, playing their best football ever and hungry for more. Playing Cal Poly on the road will be no small task. This Mustang team is much better than the one that beat Weber State in their house last year. Is 2008 Weber State that much better than last year's?

13/39. That's the completions/attempts from our quarterback that played in YOUR house last year. Compare that to the guy that has thrown for nearly 4000 yards this year at near 70% completion.

What do YOU think?

Poly Pigskin
November 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM
13/39. That's the completions/attempts from our quarterback that played in YOUR house last year. Compare that to the guy that has thrown for nearly 4000 yards this year at near 70% completion.

What do YOU think?

Obviously you will score more than 19. The question is, can you stop us from putting up 47 (or more, since starters were pulled early)?

gbhmt
November 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Obviously you will score more than 19. The question is, can you stop us from putting up 47 (or more, since starters were pulled early)?

They'll have a better chance of stopping you than you would of stopping them.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

Ronbo
November 26th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I have to admit I'll be going for the Big Sky team. Why?

1. I do not want to face Cal Poly again.
2. We have some revenge to serve cold to Weber State.
3. We need to send a message to the Big Sky office that the (12) 1st team Big Sky guys from Weber got their butts kicked by the (3) 1st teamers from Montana.

gbhmt
November 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I have to admit I'll be going for the Big Sky team. Why?

1. I do not want to face Cal Poly again.
2. We have some revenge to serve cold to Weber State.
3. We need to send a message to the Big Sky office that the (12) 1st team Big Sky guys from Weber got their butts kicked by the (3) 1st teamers from Montana.

I'll take depth over a handful of stars anyday.

Poly Pigskin
November 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
They'll have a better chance of stopping you than you would of stopping them.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

You keeps saying the same thing over and over, but you never give any reason why they'll be able to stop us "better." Look at Weber's defensive stats last year, and then look at it this year. It's a carbon copy.

And as far as turnover go, we had 6 all season to Weber's 20. If you want to look at turnover margin, we were +14 and Weber was +6.

So other than being a Big Sky homer, why will Weber have a better chance to stop our offense than vice versa?

gbhmt
November 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
You keeps saying the same thing over and over, but you never give any reason why they'll be able to stop us "better." Look at Weber's defensive stats last year, and then look at it this year. It's a carbon copy.

And as far as turnover go, we had 6 all season to Weber's 20. If you want to look at turnover margin, we were +14 and Weber was +6.

So other than being a Big Sky homer, why will Weber have a better chance to stop our offense than vice versa?

Yes. It will. It is halfway decent.

Oh and shut your trap about being a Big Sky homer. They beat us bad and you lost to us. That should be enough reason to take them seriously from our perspective, even if we'd rather play them now.

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Yes. It will. It is halfway decent.

Oh and shut your trap about being a Big Sky homer. They beat us bad and you lost to us. That should be enough reason to take them seriously from our perspective, even if we'd rather play them now.

There's that, and ball control, sustaining drives even if they don't result in points, etc.

Weber had 45% of their turnovers in 18% of their games (for a +13 ration for the other two games 10 games). 7 turnovers on the road compared to 13 at home.

Weber State had 4 blowout wins in conference this year, 3 of them on the road, the last three road games, to be precise, which given the way our schedule worked, since Oct. 11 we've played a good game then a bad game and we just had our bad game.

Plenty of reasons why Weber St. can shut down, or more likely slow down Cal Poly's offense. I'm willing to bet our forced turnovers are higher this year than last. I remember constantly harping on wanting the defense to try and force turnovers the last couple of years.

slostang
November 26th, 2008, 03:02 PM
All I know is that who ever wins this game, the rest of the playoff field better look out. Both teams can score and both are hungry. It is a shame that only one of the three true western FCS teams (UM, WSU and CP) can make it to the simi-finals. I think if they were each in a different bracket there would be a good chance each would make it to the semi-finals.

I do not know who is going to win this game, both teams are very good and on any given Saturday...... Anyone that can say they know for sure one team is going to win is just guessing or a homer.

GolfingGriz
November 26th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I hope Weber wins, but I think Cal Poly will win.

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
All I know is that who ever wins this game, the rest of the playoff field better look out. Both teams can score and both are hungry. It is a shame that only one of the three true western FCS teams (UM, WSU and CP) can make it to the simi-finals. I think if they were each in a different bracket there would be a good chance each would make it to the semi-finals.

Indeed.

One runs an offense few other teams run, and they run it outstandingly. You can prepare for it all you want but it doesn't mean you'll stop it. The other can run whatever they want, spread, pistol, shotgun, west coast, power I, empty set, and they'll run anything anywhere on the field and run it well. Can't prepare for all of it.

coover
November 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
SLO weather Saturday ...

High Temperature = 69, Mostly Sunny during the day

Low Temperature = 42, Clear and Chilly

Gametime = 6:05 PM which should be cool, perfect football weather,

The field should be drained from the recent rain and in excellent condition. WEATHER WILL NOT BE A FACTOR.

Weber State's only chances are bad weather along with bad field conditions, bad referreeing, or a lot of Poly turnovers. Poly has been excellent this year in turnovers. I do not expect that to happen.

So Weber State ... it is up to the referees, and I certainly hope that their decisions do not determine who wins the game. It'll be the Green Machine vs. the Purple Monsters. Let's hope the referees let the players decide who wins.

oldSLOguy
November 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM

I do not know who is going to win this game, both teams are very good and on any given Saturday...... Anyone that can say they know for sure one team is going to win is just guessing or a homer.

Agree completely. Much rather have seen somone from back east in the first round, if for no reason other than curiosity. Weber may match up specifically against the Mustangs better than any other team in the playoffs. Their offence against our defence really worries me. Hope we get a couple of big plays on defense.

coover
November 26th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hope we get a couple of big plays on defense.

That, sir, is the way the defense was buiilt this year. Stop the other team just enough to win the game.

tingly
November 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
The field should be drained from the recent rain and in excellent condition. WEATHER WILL NOT BE A FACTOR.

Good weather is a factor, too! (I know, I know, just bugging the old man.) Didn't Poly install a modern draining system a couple years ago? (rainfall is currently only at 3/4")

I Bleed Purple
November 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
SLO weather Saturday ...

High Temperature = 69, Mostly Sunny during the day

Low Temperature = 42, Clear and Chilly

Gametime = 6:05 PM which should be cool, perfect football weather,

Weber State's only chances are bad weather along with bad field conditions, bad referreeing, or a lot of Poly turnovers. Poly has been excellent this year in turnovers. I do not expect that to happen.

So Weber State ... it is up to the referees, and I certainly hope that their decisions do not determine who wins the game. It'll be the Green Machine vs. the Purple Monsters. Let's hope the referees let the players decide who wins.

Were you that confident against Montana?

Skjellyfetti
November 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Yup. His prediction:

Cal Poly 45
Montana 21
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1084548#post1084548

slostang
November 26th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I do not think that most Cal Poly fans follow the FCS that closely. Anyone who does knows this is a tough first round game for Cal Poly and one that could go either way. Weber State is scary good. I feel that Cal Poly being at home is a huge advantage, but they better come ready for a real fight. This is the only team that has a win over Montana, and a fairly big win at that. Cal Poly can not say that. That being said, this is not the same team that lost to Montana and Weber State better be ready for a real battle.

coover
November 26th, 2008, 08:30 PM

No, I knew Poly was a very good team, having attended the San Diego State game, and I knew that Montana would be a very good team as they always are, but since they had not played a game yet, I had no idea how good.

At the time, I thought that with a game under there belt, and with the game at home, that Poly would probably beat Montana, but there was still an element of doubt.

Montana was very good that game. Though they beat Poly, I also felt during the game that Poly was still the better team, and that if the two teams played a 10 game series, 5 at home and 5 away, Poly would probably win 7 of the 10. I still feel that way.

I've seen Weber State play so I can make a comparison. Weber State is quite good, very good. But Poly is better. Again, in a 10 game series, I suspect that Poly would probably win 9 of the 10. So I do give Weber State a chance, but not much.

Peems
November 26th, 2008, 08:52 PM
No, I knew Poly was a very good team, having attended the San Diego State game, and I knew that Montana would be a very good team as they always are, but since they had not played a game yet, I had no idea how good.

At the time, I thought that with a game under there belt, and with the game at home, that Poly would probably beat Montana, but there was still an element of doubt.

Montana was very good that game. Though they beat Poly, I also felt during the game that Poly was still the better team, and that if the two teams played a 10 game series, 5 at home and 5 away, Poly would probably win 7 of the 10. I still feel that way.

I've seen Weber State play so I can make a comparison. Weber State is quite good, very good. But Poly is better. Again, in a 10 game series, I suspect that Poly would probably win 9 of the 10. So I do give Weber State a chance, but not much.

Even though Poly lost on a last second FG against the Griz, it wasn't as if Cal Poly totally dominated the game. I think both teams have improved since that game, but I don't expect Poly to destroy Weber.

malibudude
November 26th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Peems,

Nobody dominated. It was a great game. Evenley matched sides. We had a game in hand. UM got see film. Poly made a few more errors than UM. Your 3rd quarter ground game, particulary that drive that just shoved CP aside, was impressive. UM special teams A CP C-. Blocked punt, safety leading to 9 points. It was a great game.

GrizDen
November 26th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Don't know if someone else has shared this, but the NCAA site is streaming the Cal Poly/Weber St game:
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=93350

GrizRchattybound
November 26th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I do not think that most Cal Poly fans follow the FCS that closely. Anyone who does knows this is a tough first round game for Cal Poly and one that could go either way. Weber State is scary good. I feel that Cal Poly being at home is a huge advantage, but they better come ready for a real fight. This is the only team that has a win over Montana, and a fairly big win at that. Cal Poly can not say that. That being said, this is not the same team that lost to Montana and Weber State better be ready for a real battle.

Well said...I still can't quite understand WSU choking against EWU the way they did. This is a very physical football team, I see you guys winning it..but it being very very close.

Hope too see either team in WA-Griz...I'll be honest, I would rather have Weber for the revenge factor to that fiasco in Ogden.

MTGrizzFan
November 27th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Go get em Weber.

elkmcc
November 27th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I continue to see CP fans excusing their loss to UM because of the missed chip shot field goal. I can't help but think that if CP was really that much better than the Griz why did it have to come down to a last second field goal?

CP wasn't any better than UM that evening. Montana is a much better football team now than they were at the start of the season. Montana's corners had never played a down of football for the Griz prior to this year's game in SLO.

I look forward to either BBQU or CP coming to Wa/Griz. Both would make excellent games.

But first we have those pesky other Bobcats to tend to.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Plus we play better on the road than we do at home for some odd reason.

Know the feeling. xsmhx

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I continue to see CP fans excusing their loss to UM because of the missed chip shot field goal. I can't help but think that if CP was really that much better than the Griz why did it have to come down to a last second field goal?

CP wasn't any better than UM that evening. Montana is a much better football team now than they were at the start of the season. Montana's corners had never played a down of football for the Griz prior to this year's game in SLO.

I look forward to either BBQU or CP coming to Wa/Griz. Both would make excellent games.

jim---I think both CP AND Montana are better football teams than they were in early September. Weber, on the other hand, appears to have peaked a little early. I think it'll be CP coming to Wa/Griz, and Montana will have a tall order beating that team twice in one season. I see a 2005 replay as a distinct possibility. xbawlingx

slostang
November 27th, 2008, 12:25 AM

I do not think Cal Poly fans are excusing their loss to Montana because of the missed chip shot FG. I think they are saying that if we had a better kicker that would most likely be 10-0 right now. Montana played a great game and are a great program. Montana came out in the second half and really pounded the ball and took control. Cal Poly made a run in the fourth that came short.

Cal Poly is also not the same team that play Montana in the second week. We were starting a true freshman at corner and a Rfr at Safety and they had three sophmores playing in the defense front seven. That freshman corner was Great West defensive player of the week for his performance against Wisconsin, All Great West first team and Great West Rookie of the year. The safety led the team in tackle against the Badgers and second leading tackler this season. One of the sophmores up front had a sack in Camp Randall and another was second team All-Great West. Cal Poly was very young on the defensive side of the ball when the season started, but they have matured a whole lot during the season.

Grizaholic17
November 27th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I do not think Cal Poly fans are excusing their loss to Montana because of the missed chip shot FG. I think they are saying that if we had a better kicker that would most likely be 10-0 right now. Montana played a great game and are a great program. Montana came out in the second half and really pounded the ball and took control. Cal Poly made a run in the fourth that came short.

Cal Poly is also not the same team that play Montana in the second week. We were starting a true freshman at corner and a Rfr at Safety and they had three sophmores playing in the defense front seven. That freshman corner was Great West defensive player of the week for his performance against Wisconsin, All Great West first team and Great West Rookie of the year. The safety led the team in tackle against the Badgers and second leading tackler this season. One of the sophmores up front had a sack in Camp Randall and another was second team All-Great West. Cal Poly was very young on the defensive side of the ball when the season started, but they have matured a whole lot during the season.

No team is teh same team from the SECOND week.

slostang
November 27th, 2008, 01:23 AM

Exactly my point. Thank you. I was answering pac10jim's claim that Montana was not the same team that played Cal Poly at the start of the season.

Tailbone
November 27th, 2008, 09:09 AM
..... if the two teams played a 10 game series, 5 at home and 5 away, Poly would probably win 7 of the 10. .....

Cool.
If you get to the second round, we can get the second of our 3 wins. :D

coover
November 27th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Cool.
If you get to the second round, we can get the second of our 3 wins. :D

See yah! :)

100%GRIZ
November 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Agreed - All the Griz Freshman on defense who played against Cal Poly in their first game are much more seasoned!!!

Proud Griz Man
November 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the update on your team. Good luck against Weber, they are a very good team. I know the Mustangs are a very good team too. It will be a 60-minute battle tomorrow. Wish I was there with you. xbeerchugx

malibudude
November 27th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Not tomorrow, Saturday! Jeez thinking I missed a day with thxgiving, family et al. This still is Thursday right? Even in Mt. Time?

slostang
November 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Best of luck to the Griz on Saturday. See in Missoula next week PGM?

Proud Griz Man
November 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Best of luck to the Griz on Saturday. See in Missoula next week PGM?

We could only be so lucky! xthumbsupx

Ronbo
November 28th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I'm kind of tired hearing about the FG at Cal Poly. The Mustangs had 60 minutes to put that game away yet Montana went up by 11 points by domintating the 3rd quarter and the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Then the 4th quarter became a game of catch up for the Mustangs.

I think Griz fans have a bitch on the Griz Coaches for going too conservative the last ten minutes with the prevent defense. It let Cal Poly back in the game.

Scoring Summary:
1st 13:37 UM - Mike Ferriter 34 yd pass from Cole Bergquist (Russell Schey kick)
1 play, 34 yards, TOP 0:00, UM 7 - CP 0
12:44 CP - Ramses Barden 50 yd pass from Jonathan Dally (Andrew Gardner kick)
2 plays, 61 yards, TOP 0:40, UM 7 - CP 7
06:59 UM - Cole Bergquist 15 yd run (Russell Schey kick)
7 plays, 39 yards, TOP 2:23, UM 14 - CP 7
2nd 11:55 CP - Ramses Barden 11 yd pass from Jonathan Dally (Andrew Gardner kick)
7 plays, 51 yards, TOP 3:24, UM 14 - CP 14
05:44 CP - James Noble 2 yd run (Andrew Gardner kick)
8 plays, 74 yards, TOP 4:32, UM 14 - CP 21
3rd 09:10 UM - Mike Ferriter 20 yd pass from Cole Bergquist (Russell Schey kick)
12 plays, 80 yards, TOP 5:50, UM 21 - CP 21
4th 13:57 UM - TEAM safety
UM 23 - CP 21
11:07 UM - Andrew Schmidt 4 yd run (Russell Schey kick)
8 plays, 50 yards, TOP 2:42, UM 30 - CP 21
08:21 CP - James Noble 2 yd run (Andrew Gardner kick)
9 plays, 73 yards, TOP 2:40, UM 30 - CP 28

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm kind of tired hearing about the FG at Cal Poly. The Mustangs had 60 minutes to put that game away yet Montana went up by 11 points by domintating the 3rd quarter and the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Then the 4th quarter became a game of catch up for the Mustangs.

I think Griz fans have a bitch on the Griz Coaches for going too conservative the last ten minutes with the prevent defense. It let Cal Poly back in the game.

Scoring Summary:
1st 13:37 UM - Mike Ferriter 34 yd pass from Cole Bergquist (Russell Schey kick)
1 play, 34 yards, TOP 0:00, UM 7 - CP 0
12:44 CP - Ramses Barden 50 yd pass from Jonathan Dally (Andrew Gardner kick)
2 plays, 61 yards, TOP 0:40, UM 7 - CP 7
06:59 UM - Cole Bergquist 15 yd run (Russell Schey kick)
7 plays, 39 yards, TOP 2:23, UM 14 - CP 7
2nd 11:55 CP - Ramses Barden 11 yd pass from Jonathan Dally (Andrew Gardner kick)
7 plays, 51 yards, TOP 3:24, UM 14 - CP 14
05:44 CP - James Noble 2 yd run (Andrew Gardner kick)
8 plays, 74 yards, TOP 4:32, UM 14 - CP 21
3rd 09:10 UM - Mike Ferriter 20 yd pass from Cole Bergquist (Russell Schey kick)
12 plays, 80 yards, TOP 5:50, UM 21 - CP 21
4th 13:57 UM - TEAM safety
UM 23 - CP 21
11:07 UM - Andrew Schmidt 4 yd run (Russell Schey kick)
8 plays, 50 yards, TOP 2:42, UM 30 - CP 21
08:21 CP - James Noble 2 yd run (Andrew Gardner kick)
9 plays, 73 yards, TOP 2:40, UM 30 - CP 28

I agree, Ronbo. We tend to forget that the Griz were up by two scores in the 4th quarter in that game. I think it's just that a lot of Griz fans feel rather fortunate that we WERE up by two scores, given the nature of the game and the fact that at the time, we didn't know a lot about how this team was going to react under pressure. They've passed this season with flying colors... xnodx xnodx xnodx

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM

Ronbo, you may be tired of hearing about a missed FG, but do not act as if the Griz dominated the game and the Mustangs were lucky that the Montana coaches got to conservative in the last ten minutes with by going to a prevent defense.

Give me a fricking break. Yes the Griz did win and deserved to win, but it was a very close game that could have gone either way. The Mustang put up 421 yards of offense compared to Montana's 316.

Most Montana fans want to talk about how dominate the Montana rushing game was. I will agree that they did very well rushing the ball, especially in the third quarter, but the Griz only rushed for 153 yards with a 3.5 yd/rush average compared to the Mustangs who rushed for 173 yards with a 4.1 yd/rush average.

The Mustangs also had the advantage in the passing game throwing for 248 yards to Montana's 163. The Mustangs also sacked Bergquist 6 times compared to giving up just one sack to the Griz.

I agree the Mustang fans should give the missed FG a rest, but do not try to convince the rest of the FCS world that did not see the game that the Griz dominated it and the Mustangs were just lucky that the Griz coaches got to conservative in the last quarter and let the Mustangs back in the game.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Ronbo, you may be tired of hearing about a missed FG, but do not act as if the Griz dominated the game and the Mustangs were lucky that the Montana coaches got to conservative in the last ten minutes with by going to a prevent defense.

Give me a fricking break. Yes the Griz did win and deserved to win, but it was a very close game that could have gone either way. The Mustang put up 421 yards of offense compared to Montana's 316.

Most Montana fans want to talk about how dominate the Montana rushing game was. I will agree that they did very well rushing the ball, especially in the third quarter, but the Griz only rushed for 153 yards with a 3.5 yd/rush average compared to the Mustangs who rushed for 173 yards with a 4.1 yd/rush average.

The Mustangs also had the advantage in the passing game throwing for 248 yards to Montana's 163. The Mustangs also sacked Bergquist 6 times compared to giving up just one sack to the Griz.

I agree the Mustang fans should give the missed FG a rest, but do not try to convince the rest of the FCS world that did not see the game that the Griz dominated it and the Mustangs were just lucky that the Griz coaches got to conservative in the last quarter and let the Mustangs back in the game.

The Griz got outgained by Montana State too. And beat them 35-3.

Yards <> score. Making that comparison is dangerous.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2008, 09:42 AM
"The only numbers that count are the ones on the scoreboard."

Bobby Hauck

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 09:43 AM
The Griz got outgained by Montana State too. And beat them 35-3.

Yards <> score. Making that comparison is dangerous.

I agree, but I do not think that the Griz dominated the game and that the Mustangs were just lucky that the Griz coaches went to conservative in the fourth quarter. The Mustangs scored 21 points before the fourth quarter and only 7 in the fourth quarter. It was a great game that could have gone either way. I am sure if the Griz and Mustangs make it out of the first round the next game will be just as exciting.

I'll make the Griz fans a deal. I will stop talking about the missed FG in the CP/UM game if the Griz fans stop talking about the five turnovers in the UM/WSU game. Deal?

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 09:43 AM

Bobby Hauck

That is what Ron McBride said too.xsmiley_wix

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2008, 09:45 AM

Bobby Hauck

45-28

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM
45-28

I like the way you think Skjellyfetti.xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'll make the Griz fans a deal. I will stop talking about the missed FG in the CP/UM game if the Griz fans stop talking about the five turnovers in the UM/WSU game. Deal?

Are you f-in' crazy? xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

How the hell else are we going to explain away our only loss???? xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I like the way you think Skjellyfetti.xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

Don't tell him that....it only encourages him. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

HEY!! KY!!! Answer my damned PM, bro! xsmhx

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Are you f-in' crazy? xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

How the hell else are we going to explain away our only loss???? xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

You are a good man AZ, and a funny one too.

Good luck this weekend with the other Bobcats.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Well according to slostang's thinking then Cal Poly should be an easy 19 point underdog to the powerful Weber State team.

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Well according to slostang's thinking then Cal Poly should be an easy 19 point underdog to the powerful Weber State team.

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Say what?

So Ronbo, we got a deal?

Ronbo
November 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Yes we can't explain away how the heck we lost by 17 to them yet we beat you by 2. That makes you 19 points worse than powerful Weber State. xnodx

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Yes we can't explain away how the heck we lost by 17 to them yet we beat you by 2. That makes you 19 points worse than powerful Weber State. xnodx

That's your logic, not mine.xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Proud Griz Man
November 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM

I know your comment is directed to Ron, but I wanted to add my two cents worth.
I agree with most of your points SloStang. Also, I think that special teams play (and not just the kicker) were very important in that 9/06/08 game. I remember the Griz blocked a punt, and Griz had superior kick and punt returns, and the Griz downed a punt inside the 5.

gbhmt
November 28th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I agree with most of your points SloStang. Also, I think that special teams play (and not just the kicker) were very important in that 9/06/08 game. I remember the Griz blocked a punt, and Griz had superior kick and punt returns, and the Griz downed a punt inside the 5.

Also the Griz running game does look more dominant when you do take into account the six sacks. Without them it's probably 200+ yards.

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Absolutely. The Griz won and you will get no arguements here. It just kills me how Ronbo will be the first to say he is tired of Cal Poly fans talking about a missed FG and lead the charge of saying the Griz lost to Weber State because of 5 turnovers. Not only that, but he infers that the Griz should have beat the Mustangs by more if the Griz coaches did not go conservative and into a prevent defense.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm just stating the obvious. If you guys are so good then why didn't you put us away when you had the chance. Instead it HAD to come down to a field goal? Weber State got us down and then stepped on our throats. Hard! Hmmm.... kinda gives a little preview into the toughness of these two teams. Weber State is one big, tough team with attitude. Cal Poly is a finesse team that can run it up on inferior teams but can they play with a good tough team?

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I'm just stating the obvious. If you guys are so good then why didn't you put us away when you had the chance. Instead it HAD to come down to a field goal? Weber State got us down and then stepped on our throats. Hard! Hmmm.... kinda gives a little preview into the toughness of these two teams. Weber State is one big, tough team with attitude. Cal Poly is a finesse team that can run it up on inferior teams but can they play with a good tough team?

Yeah a finesse team that went into Madison Wisconsin and ran for 276 yards (more than any team has on Wisconsin this year including Ohio State and Penn State) most of which came between the tackles while giving up 70 pounds per man on the line. We also held a 39:59 to 20:01 advantage in time of possesion. Yeah we are just a soft finesse team. Sure.xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

BTW, the Griz had all of camp to prepare for the Mustangs triple option offense and double eagle flex defense. Weber State has one week.

How that DII game go for you this year Ronbo?????xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Just so it is clear to everyone, I am argueing with Ronbo's statements. I think Cal Poly is a very good team as are the Griz and Weber State. I know that Cal Poly will have to bring their A game to win and that may or may not be enough because Weber State is a very good team with great balance.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM
If you are LUCKY enough to survive Weber State then you have to come to Washington Grizzly stadium to TRY to improve on that pathetic 1-11 record you have going against Montana. It's almost as embarrassing as the 16 game winning streak we had going against MSU. xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Don't you or any Weber fans ever think we are afraid of you upstarts. You might beat us this time around but over a 10 year period we embarrass programs like yours.xsmiley_wix

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM
If you are LUCKY enough to survive Weber State then you have to come to Washington Grizzly stadium to TRY to improve on that pathetic 1-11 record you have going against Montana. It's almost as embarrassing as the 16 game winning streak we had going against MSU. xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Don't you or any Weber fans ever think we are afraid of you upstarts. You might beat us this time around but over a 10 year period we embarrass programs like yours.xsmiley_wix

Hey, we are undefeated against the Griz in the playoffs in Wash/Griz stadium.

I'll give Ronbo's standard arguement for this point: "That was the worse Griz team in over a decade".

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah a finesse team that went into Madison Wisconsin and ran for 276 yards (more than any team has on Wisconsin this year including Ohio State and Penn State) most of which came between the tackles while giving up 70 pounds per man on the line. We also held a 39:59 to 20:01 advantage in time of possesion. Yeah we are just a soft finesse team. Sure.xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

BTW, the Griz had all of camp to prepare for the Mustangs triple option offense and double eagle flex defense. Weber State has one week.

How that DII game go for you this year Ronbo?????xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

slostang---THAT was the game that cemented for me that CP is the best team in our bracket. If we come away with a victory, I'll feel very lucky.

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
slostang---THAT was the game that cemented for me that CP is the best team in our bracket. If we come away with a victory, I'll feel very lucky.

It is sad that three teams that I feel are in the top five or six teams in the FCS will face each other in the first two weeks. If each were in a different bracket I think they would all have a very good chance of making the simi-finals.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
It is sad that three teams that I feel are in the top five or six teams in the FCS will face each other in the first two weeks. If each were in a different bracket I think they would all have a very good chance of making the simi-finals.

Careful. I made that point on cs.com and got accused of being a whiner. of course, it was by a UNI fan who knows his team isn't getting out of the second round.... xlolx xlolx

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2008, 01:09 PM

How did that game turn out?

I've never seen a team more hyped from a loss.

Cal Poly is a great team... and they have a scary offense. There is so much more that you could point to than a loss, though. xpeacex

elkmcc
November 28th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Cal Poly is a great team... and they have a scary offense. There is so much more that you could point to than a loss, though. xpeacex

I also find it interesting that CP fans are so impressed with thier loss to the Badgers. I mean it is not like they were a powerhouse. The lowly Montana State Bobcats played Minnesota tough and Wisconsin barely escaped with a win over the Gophers.

CP will likely find out that they are not the FCS powerhouse they believe themselves to be when they meet BBQU this Saturday. I think Weber exploits Poly's sketchy defense. Just MO. Even if CP wins it won't come easy and they better leave some gas in the tank for the next Saturday.

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 01:33 PM

I was using that game to say that Cal Poly was not soft.

You are right though that I could point out a lot of other things. I could point out that Cal Poly leads the FCS in both yards per game and points per game. I could point out that Cal Poly's QB is the number rated QB in the FCS. I could point out that Cal Poly has the number three rushing offense in the FCS and is averaging 300 yards a game on the ground. I could point out that Cal Poly is second in the FCS in sacks per game and 11th in sacks allowed per game. I could point out that Cal Poly has one of the best WRs in the FCS in Barden. I could also point out that Cal Poly has 5 RB that are averaging between 6.6 yd/carry and 8.0 yd/carry (each with at least 38 carries) and a QB that has rushed for 644 yards and 9 TDs. I could point out that Cal Poly has the 14th best rush defense that is only giving up 97.1 yard a game.

You are right, there was a lot that I could have brought up.

BTW, I am sure if Michigan had made the FG at the end of the game against App. State, App. State fans still would have been proud of how well their team played as they should have been.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I was using that game to say that Cal Poly was not soft.

You are right though that I could point out a lot of other things. I could point out that Cal Poly leads the FCS in both yards per game and points per game. I could point out that Cal Poly's QB is the number rated QB in the FCS. I could point out that Cal Poly has the number three rushing offense in the FCS and is averaging 300 yards a game on the ground. I could point out that Cal Poly is second in the FCS in sacks per game and 11th in sacks allowed per game. I could point out that Cal Poly has one of the best WRs in the FCS in Barden. I could also point out that Cal Poly has 5 RB that are averaging between 6.6 yd/carry and 8.0 yd/carry (each with at least 38 carries) and a QB that has rushed for 644 yards and 9 TDs. I could point out that Cal Poly has the 14th best rush defense that is only giving up 97.1 yard a game.

You are right, there was a lot that I could have brought up.

BTW, I am sure if Michigan had made the FG at the end of the game against App. State, App. State fans still would have been proud of how well their team played as they should have been.

In your face, pb&Jelly Face!!!

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2008, 02:39 PM
In your face, pb&Jelly Face!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I've never seen a team more hyped from a win.

;)

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx

;)

Well, Wisconsin is no Michigan (well, THIS year they are, but you know what I mean)....but to have totally outplayed a team and lose because of your kicker has to be the most gutwrenching way to lose a game EVER.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Cute.

I go out last night, wake up at 1:00 this afternoon, check out here and see four new pages, some of which are posturing for next weeks seemingly obvious Cal Poly/UM game.

*raises hand*

Since Cal Poly posters are hooting about their FBS losses, can I do the same with Weber? I mean, we were ahead I believe 10 at Hawaii at the half. Etuati and Smith go out with minor injuries for the second half which leads us to a loss. Hawaii is a much better team than SDSU. Plus we had a reasonably good showing at Utah. We actually destroyed their second team. Utah is a much better team than Wisconsin.

Take that for what it's worth. Just like Montana did the week after the SDSU game.

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Cute.

I go out last night, wake up at 1:00 this afternoon, check out here and see four new pages, some of which are posturing for next weeks seemingly obvious Cal Poly/UM game.

*raises hand*

Since Cal Poly posters are hooting about their FBS losses, can I do the same with Weber? I mean, we were ahead I believe 10 at Hawaii at the half. Etuati and Smith go out with minor injuries for the second half which leads us to a loss. Hawaii is a much better team than SDSU. Plus we had a reasonably good showing at Utah. We actually destroyed their second team. Utah is a much better team than Wisconsin.

Take that for what it's worth. Just like Montana did the week after the SDSU game.

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Funny...because while I think CP could be the best OFFENSE in the tourney, I think Weber might be the most well rounded. The offenses in this game are a wash, but my vote goes to Weber's defense being the difference in the game....

Weber 42
CP 38

slostang
November 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Best first round game hands down.

gbhmt
November 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Best first round game hands down.

Yeah there's no question. If I didn't live in Missoula and wasn't going to the game, I'd probably watch this game more closely than the Griz game.

petethepenguin15
November 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM
This is going to be a very close game but I am going to take the upset
and pick Weber to knock out Cal Poly in the first round.

Proud Griz Man
November 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Good fans in SLO.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/story/542452.html

http://media.sanluisobispo.com/smedia/2008/11/22/19/565-CalPoly08.standalone.prod_affiliate.76.jpg

Cal Poly football fans ready to roar

Fans at Cal Poly and around the community have high hopes as the Mustangs gear for their first-ever Division I home playoff game
Nick Wilson and Bob Cuddy

Tim Banducci has been following the Mustangs for 40 years, but this year is special. “It’s a big game, a big game,” says the long-time booster. He says the Cal Poly football team has been fun to watch all year because of its discipline and team effort. But the Mustangs’ first-ever home game in the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs has Banducci, his family and friends, and others even more jazzed than usual.

Proud Griz Man
November 28th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah there's no question. If I didn't live in Missoula and wasn't going to the game, I'd probably watch this game more closely than the Griz game.

The Griz game is a day game and the Cal Poly vs. Weber game is at 6:00 pacific (7:00 mountain), so you should be able to watch it/watch reports on the internet.

coover
November 28th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Wow, I've been away from this thread for a couple of days (most of it traveling to get to SLO to attend the game), and what do I find? ...

Instead of a Cal Poly - Weber State thread, I find a Cal Poly - Montana thread, one that doesn't even belong here. There are better places at AGS to insult each other. Besides, that thread is for next week.

As an interesting side note, when I had lunch today, I found the parents and siblings of a very prominent Weber State player sitting at the very next table. We had a nice talk about the game, and I wished their son a good game, but also told them that I expected Poly to win. During the conversation, I determined that they would be somewhat surprised if the Wildcats actually won. Now I do not know if they had been speaking to their son, but if their negative feelings came from him, this could be bad news for Weber State. If they go into the game believing they will lose, they will lose.

I will not embarass the player or his family by giving their name. They seemed like very nice people.

GOKATS
November 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Wow, I've been away from this thread for a couple of days (most of it traveling to get to SLO to attend the game), and what do I find? ...

Instead of a Cal Poly - Weber State thread, I find a Cal Poly - Montana thread, one that doesn't even belong here. There are better places at AGS to insult each other. Besides, that thread is for next week.

As an interesting side note, when I had lunch today, I found the parents and siblings of a very prominent Weber State player sitting at the very next table. We had a nice talk about the game, and I wished their son a good game, but also told them that I expected Poly to win. During the conversation, I determined that they would be somewhat surprised if the Wildcats actually won. Now I do not know if they had been speaking to their son, but if their negative feelings came from him, this could be bad news for Weber State. If they go into the game believing they will lose, they will lose.

I will not embarass the player or his family by giving their name. They seemed like very nice people.

Nothing unusual about the hijack, ronblo et al have to take over every thread. Good luck tomorrow to both teams, but I'm predicting a Cal Poly win (hopefully against TX. ST.xnodx ).

coover
November 29th, 2008, 12:34 AM
ronblo et al have to take over every thread.

Thanks, Gokats (and Ronblo, too) :)

Henny
November 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Cal Poly Poly all the wat to Chatty!!!!!

Henny
November 29th, 2008, 12:40 AM
cal Poly SLO all the wat to Chatty!

coover
November 29th, 2008, 12:43 AM
cal Poly SLO all the wat to Chatty!

If Henny says it (twice), it's got to be true!

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 12:46 AM
The Griz game is a day game and the Cal Poly vs. Weber game is at 6:00 pacific (7:00 mountain), so you should be able to watch it/watch reports on the internet.

NICE. Was wondering about that.. Gonna go down to Wa/Griz then hopefully be able to make it back to a computer in time to stream the other game.. Hellz yeah.

* ... unless the griz lose, then i will be watching no further football.

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Nothing unusual about the hijack, ronblo et al have to take over every thread. Good luck tomorrow to both teams, but I'm predicting a Cal Poly win (hopefully against TX. ST.xnodx ).

Interesting. Rooting for a CP win over conference bretheren Weber, and a Tx State win over conference bretheren Montana.... xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

slostang
November 29th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I just want to make it clear that I think that this game is the best game of the day and could go either way. Both offenses are scary good and who ever wins has the ability to make a deep run.

My post on the last few pages are aimed at Ronbo and his constant my team is better than your team rambling. Ronbo always feels the need if anyone says anything good about their team to tell everyone how much better Montana is. Do not take my back and forth with Ronbo as a sign that I think badly of Montana or Weber State. Could not be further from the truth. I think Montana is one of the better programs in the FCS and Missoula is awesome. Weber State is building one hell of a program under McBride and todays game will be a shoot out. It is just too bad only one of the three true west teams can make to the semi-finals. If they were all in different brackets I think there would be a very good chance all three would advance.

gbhmt
November 29th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Interesting. Rooting for a CP win over conference bretheren Weber, and a Tx State win over conference bretheren Montana.... xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx

Probably just envy.

cats2506
November 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM

I'm rooting for Weber and Texas State (some conf brethren dont deserve my support), But I think CP will win over WSU

CopperCat
November 29th, 2008, 10:48 AM

I'll be rooting for the Cats today. (yes, the WILDcats, and the BOBcats).

It only makes sense.xthumbsupx

gbhmt
November 29th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I'm rooting for Weber and Texas State (some conf brethren dont deserve my support), But I think CP will win over WSU

Not surprising, hard to come across a Bobcat with classxwhistlex

coover
November 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Today we'll know. I think Poly will win. Others think WS will win. What I've written and what others have written will not make one whit of difference. The players (and hopefully, not the referees) on the field will make the difference.

I'll be rooting for the Mustangs. My poor wife (who is not a football fan) will be with me in section 118, will also be rooting for the Mustangs. We'll be wearing a lot of Green and a little bit of the Gold. So, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say hello.

I'll be the old, short fat guy with the good looking wife.

All hail Green and Gold. In your name WE SHALL PREVAIL! So to California Polytechnic, Hail! Hail! Hail!

TexasTerror
November 29th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Chris Fowler just picked Cal Poly over Weber State as his UPSET OF THE WEEK on ESPN.

redspider
November 29th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Its offical Chris Folwer put Weber State on upset alert and said that Cal Poly will have revenge. Unfortantely the graphic was wrong and said Cal Poly was the one of upset alert haha I liek the fact they did give the FCS and a good game some attention.

cats2506
November 29th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Not surprising, hard to come across a Bobcat with classxwhistlex

Speaking of classless, does bobby have his bags packed? xwhistlex

I Bleed Purple
November 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Game is still four hours away.

*whine*

grizband
November 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I don't suppose this game is available anywhere on television?

gbhmt
November 29th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I don't suppose this game is available anywhere on television?

No but this is just as good:

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=93350

griz37
November 29th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'll be rooting for the Cats today. (the BOBcats).

It only makes sense.xthumbsupx

How'd that work out for you?

RideHighMustangs
November 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Weather Report from Accuweather.com:

Currently at the SLO County Airport, 78 degrees under sunny skies. It's expected to drop to a low of 44 tonight.

Weather Report from WeatherUnderground.com:

Currently at the SLO Airport, 71 degrees with sunny skies. Low of 45.

Currently at the Cal Poly Weather Station (at the corner of Highland and Mt. Bishop for those who know where that is) its 69 degrees with calm winds.

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM
How'd that work out for you?

About like it usually does for a bobcat fan... xlolx

Col Hogan
November 29th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Weather Report from Accuweather.com:

Currently at the SLO County Airport, 78 degrees under sunny skies. It's expected to drop to a low of 44 tonight.

Weather Report from WeatherUnderground.com:

Currently at the SLO Airport, 71 degrees with sunny skies. Low of 45.

Currently at the Cal Poly Weather Station (at the corner of Highland and Mt. Bishop for those who know where that is) its 69 degrees with calm winds.

(In my best Les Nessman voice)

The forcast for Cal Poly is Sunny today...dark tonight...details in five minutes...now, the news....:o :p

RideHighMustangs
November 29th, 2008, 06:58 PM
(In my best Les Nessman voice)

The forcast for Cal Poly is Sunny today...dark tonight...details in five minutes...now, the news....:o :p

Hopefully the news tonight includes a win for poly! :D

Col Hogan
November 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hopefully the news tonight includes a win for poly! :D

I'm pulling for Poly...now, go out and do it on the field...xpeacex

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Probably asked a thousand times before BUT: is there gonna be a live feed of this anywhere?

gbhmt
November 29th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Probably asked a thousand times before BUT: is there gonna be a live feed of this anywhere?

Check out the D-1 championship central banner at the top of the page.

Grizaholic17
November 29th, 2008, 07:43 PM

at the top of any ags page there is a link to D-I championship central. Click on that and scroll down and hit the link on the Cal poly/Weber Game that leads to the video feed. You have to install a microsoft-cbs thing, but it doesn't take long.

veinup
November 29th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Thank both of you kind Montana gentlemen.

SLOSTYLE
November 29th, 2008, 08:18 PM
touchdown barden. what a beast.

Syntax Error
November 29th, 2008, 08:22 PM
come on over to the game thread

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53432