PDA

View Full Version : Who ever is playing Cal Poly is going down

Henny
November 23rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
They run the spread option that is extremely well executed with players in roles that are extremely confident. Although their D isn't their strength, especially against the pass, they will play well enough against any FCS team. Winconsin had few answers. Look for a repeat of the GSU title runs where other teams just dont have enough time to prepare.

Appstate29
November 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
drunk at 6:27 on Sunday, huh????

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
They run the spread option that is extremely well executed with players in roles that are extremely confident. Although their D isn't their strength, especially against the pass, they will play well enough against any FCS team. Winconsin had few answers. Look for a repeat of the GSU title runs where other teams just dont have enough time to prepare.

They're my most feared team behind ASU.

appstate38
November 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
I guess they had better not play the Griz or a SoCon team since both have seen the spread before!!!!!!

paytonlives
November 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM

That would NOT be the case in a second round trip to Missoula.

Henny
November 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
drunk at 6:27 on Sunday, huh????

The rest of the FCS knows you guys are drunk 24-7. I witnessed it last december. What a bunch of slobs!

Appstate29
November 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
The rest of the FCS knows you gust are drunk 24-7. I witnessed it last december. What a bunch of slobs!

guilty xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Are you just talking about the first round or are you predicting a Cal Poly championship? xeyebrowx

Henny
November 23rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
Yes. I know all the rabid ASU and JMU posters will go on the attack, however the Wofford wing bone is not the same as a pure spread option. Cal Poly has it down!

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Are you just talking about the first round or are you predicting a Cal Poly championship? xeyebrowx

I wouldn't be surprised by a run to Chattanooga, at least.

CharlestonAppFan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
hey drunkie....I believe ASU has just as good as a spread offense as Cal Poly xthumbsupx how many times have you been to the finals, oh wait, the semi-finals, even better the quarter finals? xeyebrowx

Not knocking you....but you will get it worse on here when Cal Poly loses to Weber or Montana, so be careful what you wish for on here bud xnodx

clenz
November 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
I now see Poly losing first round for some odd reason

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by a run to Chattanooga, at least.

I wouldn't be surprised, either. Just trying to get a clarification for potential bumping purposes at a later date. xsmiley_wix

GOKATS
Cal Poly wont lose to either WSU or the griz.

Henny
hey drunkie....I believe ASU has just as good as a spread offense as Cal Poly xthumbsupx how many times have you been to the finals, oh wait, the semi-finals, even better the quarter finals? xeyebrowx

Not knocking you....but you will get it worse on here when Cal Poly loses to Weber or Montana, so be careful what you wish for on here bud xnodx

Very different offense, OK charleston we will see.

ThreadStopper
I now see Poly losing first round for some odd reason

Not to UNI! :)

Appstate29
November 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, either. Just trying to get a clarification for potential bumping purposes at a later date. xsmiley_wix

There are probably 10-12 teams that could make the run to chatty and not be a "surprise".

gbhmt
November 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Cal Poly wont lose to either WSU or the griz.

Hey, your season's over. That's when you're supposed to start rooting for the teams from your conference.

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Yes. I know all the rabid ASU and JMU posters will go on the attack, however the Wofford wing bone is not the same as a pure spread option. Cal Poly has it down!

JMU and ASU run the spread option as well as anyone. Landers has risen to "Armanti" level this year, and their o-line has gotten very good.

clenz
November 23rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Not to UNI! :)Duh, the committee is going to snub UNI. :D

ThreadStopper
November 23rd, 2008, 05:50 PM
Duh, the committee is going to snub UNI. :D

I know the feeling! There has to be a better way to field a playoff.

Skjellyfetti
November 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
The rest of the FCS knows you guys are drunk 24-7. I witnessed it last december. What a bunch of slobs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3g-cUIXu4

Henny
November 23rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
JMU and ASU run the spread option as well as anyone. Landers has risen to "Armanti" level this year, and their o-line has gotten very good.

Again Tribe, very different. We are talking about the Paul Johnson offense as oppose to the Rich Rodriguez version. We all know APP and JMU have that down.

Appstate29
November 23rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3g-cUIXu4

hahahhaahhahah forgot about that.

CharlestonAppFan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Very different offense, OK charleston we will see.

yes it is, but Cal Poly doesn't play the same level of competition that's in the SoCon, CAA, or even MFVC (or whatever it's called) so yes, your offensive numbers are skewed a bit. Now it's time to put it to the test...and no I'm not "holier than now impressed" with your performance against Wisconsin. The Citadel put it to them last year as well xnodx I'm good friends with an ex-DB from Wisconsin and the spread is their achillies heel...according to him in his words...not enough athletes to defend even though then are in the Slow-Ten.

I think your team is very good offensively but the playoffs are a different animal. When you go against seasoned teams that's been there done that, you may be in for a pissed off day....especially with your kicker as bad as he is...no offense xsmiley_wix

charliej
I have to say..I watched that game last night on a delayed broadcast. Mustangs are NO JOKE! Very nearly flawless. Well...all but the kicking game.

mvemjsunpx

Cal Poly doesn't run the spread option, they run the flexbone triple option like Wofford & Navy. The difference is they pass about 15-20 times a game instead of 5-10 like the other two.

ThreadStopper
November 23rd, 2008, 08:11 PM
yes it is, but Cal Poly doesn't play the same level of competition that's in the SoCon, CAA, or even MFVC (or whatever it's called) so yes, your offensive numbers are skewed a bit. Now it's time to put it to the test...and no I'm not "holier than now impressed" with your performance against Wisconsin. The Citadel put it to them last year as well xnodx I'm good friends with an ex-DB from Wisconsin and the spread is their achillies heel...according to him in his words...not enough athletes to defend even though then are in the Slow-Ten.

I think your team is very good offensively but the playoffs are a different animal. When you go against seasoned teams that's been there done that, you may be in for a pissed off day....especially with your kicker as bad as he is...no offense xsmiley_wix

Cal Poly plays who ever they can get a game with! Maybe we can get a Big 12 game next season to impress you. I just hope that ESPN is correct with their prediction of a Cal Poly - Appalachian State championship game.

If it happens, it Will be a great game!