PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Plans?

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well I've not been able to make it to any home App games this year for the first time in like 20 years, but my parents decided to take their 5th Wheel to Pigeon Forge, TN to go camping and have all the family go there for Thanksgiving.....

Obviously my family has been made aware that Saturday will not be "family day" as I will be driving from PF to Boone.

How many fans are gonna make it to their game over the holiday if their team gets a home playoff game?

crunifan
November 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Well, I plan to be in Cedar Falls in the Dome on Saturday taking in possibly my last home game as a UNI student.

coover
November 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'll be driving the 300 miles to San Luis Obispo on Wednesday, and I'll be there for the game (if it's there). Go Poly!

appstate1998
November 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Well, I plan to be in Cedar Falls in the Dome on Saturday taking in possibly my last home game as a UNI student.

I'll never forget my parents first App game while I was a student because my parents still tell the story. App is winning big and my dad turns to my mom and says look at that idiot doing pushups in the crowd. That "idiot" was me.......good ol fraternity days lol

clenz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
I will be home for the holiday, however, I will be back on campus for the UNI game. Luckily, I only grew up 4.5 hours from Cedar Falls, so I can leave CF on Tuesday, spend the week with my family, and head back Friday for the game Saturday

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
If we can get seats we'll go (seats-not tickets-I've already paid for the streaming video and I would rather stay home and watch that than sit on the bank, just don't care for that).

JMU Newbill
November 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
I won't be at the JMU game... what a tragedy. Best friend from college got engaged recently and I am driving down to georgia to go visit. I will be at the UGA vs. GT game this weekend though.... and hopefully be back in time to catch the JMU game on the internet.

Hope everyone travels safely over the holidays!

ToTheLeft
November 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Gonna spend Thanksgiving at home in Indiana, and head out Friday for Lynchburg, and hopefully wake up early and make a walk to the Bill or a drive to JMU.

LUFan
November 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Headed to Stuarts Draft VA to visit the family which is between Charlottesville and Harrisonburg. Tuesday night Liberty/UVa hoops and hopefully a football game on Sat.

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Montana usually gets a good showing. Some 22,000 showed up last year...hopefully about the same or more show up again.

I for one will be going home and then coming back with a full family to watch the game (not as a student this time).

EKUSteve
November 23rd, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'll be here in Indiana for Thanksgiving as well. Watch my grad school alma mater hopefully spoil the Longhorns BCS plans. Then either be going to Richmond, KY, Carbondale, IL, or sitting in front of my computer listening the the Voice of the Colonels, Greg Stottlemyer.

JALMOND
November 23rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
Once again, Portland State is not in, so Thanksgiving will be spent with the soon to be in-laws. I finally have a job that gives me the Friday after Thanksgiving off and I cannot watch the Vikings. What a drag!

Dukie95
November 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
My family be at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia with my parents, which is a nice day trip to Harrisonburg and back...the accomodations also include free babysitting. xthumbsupx

CharlestonAppFan
November 23rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'll be in Boone...get to go to my parents for the weekend (they live in Lenoir) so I'll be there! 2nd game of the year for me (Black Saturday) xthumbsupx let's get together 98...pm me this week sometime

jonmac
November 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Will be at my parents for Thanksgiving. Mom, dad, brother, me and my wife will be in Boone on Saturday. That's the plan anyway, if my other brother's twins don't come early.

bostonspider
November 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Well I wish I could go see UR play, but I will be at my parent's place in Bermuda. Not sure we will even get the one ESPN game there.. Not that I am complaining.

AlphaSigMD
November 23rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Will be heading down to Boone on Wednesday from Kent, Ohio to see my first game at Kidd Brewer this year. (I only saw the JMU game in Harrisonburg)

madisonfan87
November 23rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Cant wait to return to Harrisonburg after Turkey day, only bad thing is I have to drive back on Black Friday for the game. In the end its worth it to finally watch a home playoff game at JMU.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
Once I see the MRD's in Macy's parade, then a quick stop at Starbucks, my daughter and I will be driving to my parents for lunch. Of course on Saturday I will be at the JMU-Wofford game.

Go Dukes!!!!!

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
Waiting for Saturday!