Nov. 1 LAFAYETTE *
Nov. 8 at Lehigh *
Nov. 15 Open
Nov. 22 HOLY CROSS *

HOME GAMES IN ALL CAPS BOLDFACE
*Patriot League Games

colgate13
April 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Interesting to see the NEC games. I think Columbia might have bailed on us and they're filling it. Towson's back but as an A-10 team and UB wants some more of Colgate after their 2003 defeat! They will be out to kick our butts... hopefully we can treat them just as kindly as 2003.

I wonder if 2008 will see another 12th game?

LBPop
April 28th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Surprised at seeing Monmouth. A fill in or a new direction for Colgate?

colgate13
April 28th, 2005, 03:28 PM
got to be a fill in for Columbia. I doubt it's a new direction given the '07 and '08 schedules. Who knows... maybe Monmouth is testing the PL waters higher up and Colgate is available? I like the CCSU this year and the Albany game in '07 because they're both home openers. We've had trouble with our opening games for decades. So getting the rust out against a NEC team is a good deal to me. Albany is also trying to make strides and they're local, so maybe a nice crowd?

Monmouth though... Let's just hope we wipe them silly.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 28th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Does Colgate always play Cornell in Ithaca? Is their stadium significantly larger and needed to meet demand?

TheValleyRaider
April 28th, 2005, 06:05 PM
We play in Ithaca because that's how the contract's written. I'm guessing that's the only way Cornell will agree to play us, especially since they haven't beaten Colgate since 1992. This year, though, Cornell comes to Hamilton for Homecoming, which should be exciting (Gonna have to win now, my sister is most likely starting school there in the fall).

Interesting to see Towson again, and then Buffalo as well. Wouldn't mind starting home-and-home's with some other A-10 schools, especially UD. It'd be nice if they could finally make the trip up to Hamilton sometime. :D

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I didn't notice the Cornell thing until you pointed it out. We usually play them 2 there, 1 here... 2008 might be a mistake then. We'd be due to play them home that year and we only have 5 home games scheduled.

Playing in Ithaca is really a home game for both teams, so we don't mind. Plus, as valley raider pointed out, we've owned them for some time. Gotta keep that up though!

GannonFan
April 29th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Wouldn't mind starting home-and-home's with some other A-10 schools, especially UD. It'd be nice if they could finally make the trip up to Hamilton sometime. :D

Would love to see Colgate on the schedule, but with UD's current scheduling process they would probably only play in Newark. Still would be good to see Colgate every now and then (still think we're unbeaten versus you too?)

ChickenMan
April 29th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Wouldn't mind starting home-and-home's with some other A-10 schools, especially UD. It'd be nice if they could finally make the trip up to Hamilton sometime. :D

UD was there once...

November '79... @ Hamilton... UD 24 Colgate 16

nice campus... but the weather could have been better.

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 10:45 AM
still think we're unbeaten versus you too?)

Yes, you are... :(

I think we've got a better shot at playing some NE CAA teams but I wouldnt' shy from the challenge of UD again!

Fordham
April 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM
13, what's the feeling in hamilton about the difficulty of scheduling good ooc games? it's a hot topic for us since we're having quite a bit of difficulty in getting good games on tap and seem to be having to default to the mid majors (no offense intended to them), when the alumns are hoping that we'll fill it with only Ivies, A10's and possibly even a scrubby DI every once in a while. Any similar problems discussed at gate?

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM
13, what's the feeling in hamilton about the difficulty of scheduling good ooc games? it's a hot topic for us since we're having quite a bit of difficulty in getting good games on tap and seem to be having to default to the mid majors (no offense intended to them), when the alumns are hoping that we'll fill it with only Ivies, A10's and possibly even a scrubby DI every once in a while. Any similar problems discussed at gate?

We've always been willing to travel and we've always had a solid Ivy schedule, so I'd say we've been pretty happy. The new mid-majors on our schedule are a bit disappointing but yet, I like how they're the opening game before an A-10 game.

If the trend continues, I'll worry. But with UB (a scrubby I-A for sure) on the schedule and A-10s (even if it's Towson), I'll take a mid-major to even it out; especially with how competitive the PL is getting.

Hansel
April 29th, 2005, 01:28 PM
We've always been willing to travel .

not meaning to Smack but what does "willing to travel" mean for Colgate... Massachusetts or Pennsylvania? Just wondering if 'Gate (or any PL for that matter) has made any recent trips outside of the NE

colgate13
April 29th, 2005, 01:45 PM
not meaning to Smack but what does "willing to travel" mean for Colgate... Massachusetts or Pennsylvania? Just wondering if 'Gate (or any PL for that matter) has made any recent trips outside of the NE
No smack felt.

By that I meant that Colgate has a long history of playing 5 or even 4 home games and taking the show on the road. It's changed recently as we've gotten better and tried to get some games at home early when the weather cooperates.

It is a bit different on this side of the continent when there are so many teams to play that do not involve flying. We do travel though:

Outside of the NE (besides Towson when they were in the PL)-

St. Marys (CA) 99/00 (it was a home/home and I don't remember which year)
Navy 98
Richmond 96
Navy 93
William & Mary 92
Duke 91

That's about as far as relevant... I know some other PL teams have traveled as well.

ngineer
April 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Nice to see ya keeping UMass in there, with Buffalo replacing. Also the addition of Princeton will be a nice measure of comparison since they'll be back on our schedule as well:
Lehigh 2006:
Sept. 2 Liberty
Sept. 9 @Villanova
Sept. 16 Princeton
Sept. 23 Open
Sept. 30 Harvard
Oct. 7 @Georgetown
Oct. 14 @Yale
Oct. 21 Bucknell
Oct. 28 @Holy Cross
Nov. 4 Colgate
Nov. 11 Fordham
Nov. 18 @Lafayette (the 142nd meeting)

Sept. 1 Open
Sept. 8 Villanova
Sept. 15 @Princeton
Sept. 22 VMI
Sept. 29 Harvard
Oct. 6 @Fordham
Oct. 13 @Yale
Oct. 20 Holy Cross
Oct. 27 Georgetown
Nov. 3 @Colgate
Nov. 10 @Bucknell
Nov. 17 Lafayette (the 143rd meeting)

Lehigh Football Nation
April 29th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Hmmmm... Who wouldn't like to see Lehigh get those extra equivalencies so that this could happen:

Sept. 1 @Penn State
Sept. 8 Villanova
Sept. 15 @Princeton
Sept. 22 Open
Sept. 29 Harvard
Oct. 6 @Fordham
Oct. 13 @Yale
Oct. 20 Holy Cross
Oct. 27 Georgetown
Nov. 3 @Colgate
Nov. 10 @Bucknell
Nov. 17 Lafayette (the 143rd meeting)

ngineer
April 30th, 2005, 02:06 PM
That would be awesome, but highly doubtful.

ngineer
April 30th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, you are... :(

I think we've got a better shot at playing some NE CAA teams but I wouldnt' shy from the challenge of UD again!

They're not going to play you and us in the same year. We actually have a little erratic rivalry with UD--it's just difficult to get them on the schedule with frequency. This year will be our first regular season game with the Hens since 1999 when we won at Newark, 42-35 (wild game with Stambaugh at QB). We got smacked in the second round playoffs in 2000. UD hasn't been to Goodman since 1997 that was an excellent game, though the Hens took that one, too.

yomama
April 30th, 2005, 02:34 PM
We do travel though:

Outside of the NE (besides Towson when they were in the PL)-

St. Marys (CA) 99/00 (it was a home/home and I don't remember which year)
Navy 98
Richmond 96
Navy 93
William & Mary 92
Duke 91

While I understand there is a difference between "northeast" and "mid-atlantic," this distinction may be lost on people from other parts of the country. I think the implied question was, "are you willing to do more than ride a bus." :D

Recruiting junkets to California don't count, especially when we're talking about a defunct program. Anyway, San Diego's dance card is getting full.

I've been told that much of the United States lies between Williamsburg and the California state line.

Husky Alum
April 30th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Any reason why you're going to Yale two years in a row? Did you get 2 home games in a row at the beginning of the deal?

DFW HOYA
April 30th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Georgetown traveled to FIU and to San Diego a few years ago, but neither returned the game in Washington. I would guess that SoCon and A-10 schools would not give up a home game to play in Washington, and therein lies the problem. There needs to be a balance of home and away games. Georgetown can't play seven or eight games on the road every season be sucessful in the long run.

colgate13
April 30th, 2005, 10:02 PM
I think the implied question was, "are you willing to do more than ride a bus." :D

St. Marys and Richmond were flights.

It's tough when there are so many good teams in the area, and not many teams are looking for a return game in Hamilton.

ngineer
May 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM
St. Marys and Richmond were flights.

It's tough when there are so many good teams in the area, and not many teams are looking for a return game in Hamilton.

That's only because they can't find the place! ;)

colgate13
May 1st, 2005, 09:45 PM
That's only because they can't find the place! ;)

Makes it easy not to lose at home. :cool: