PDA

View Full Version : when was the last time a team lost...

grizzpaw
November 23rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
and did not drop in the polls? to me it does not matter who u lost to just that u lost! (cal-poly is the next team i root for after the griz) but hey they LOST and they don't drop in the pollsxnonono2x - thats bull-s#@!! even if its one spot. show me the last time a team lost AND DIDN'T drop in a any poll.

OL FU
November 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
and did not drop in the polls? to me it does not matter who u lost to just that u lost! (cal-poly is the next team i root for after the griz) but hey they LOST and they don't drop in the pollsxnonono2x - thats bull-s#@!! even if its one spot. show me the last time a team lost AND DIDN'T drop in a any poll.

Polls are about the entire season more than they are about one game. If you want to argue UM beat them so UM should be ahead in the polls that is a different argument. But to argue a loss against an FBS team should drop someone hopefully will fall on deaf ears.

Stang Fever
November 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Hey Griz I agree with you... I was wondering where we were going to drop. I thought we would go to number 4 or 5 and the griz would leap up ahead of us. I do find it AMAZING that the griz have 1 LOSS and are ranked behind two or three teams with 2 losses

alexale23
November 23rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
App dropped after they lost to LSU even though i thought they should have remained #1 at the time

OL FU
November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
App dropped after they lost to LSU even though i thought they should have remained #1 at the time

Are you sure? I think they lost some votes but I thought they dropped after JMU

wocorebel
November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Wofford dropped after fighting it out to the end against USC, who in my opinion is way better then Wisconsin, but Wofford will get a chance to prove themselves against them next year.

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
I've been high on Cal Poly all year, and I think they are phenomenally good, but they should have won this game.

An amazing offense is one thing, a fairly good defense is another, but perhaps the worst special teams I've seen in quite a while should be enough to warrant a drop. You guys kept it close, and I SOOOOO wanted you to win, but I don't see how anyone can look objectively at what happened and think you are the #3 team. The #3 team in the country does not miss 3 PATs, costing them the game. I had you guys at #2, ready to move you to #1 with a win, but dropped you due to how you lost. Kept you in the top 5, but not #2 anymore. Turn around your special teams, and you could make some noise.

Oh well, move on and gear up for the playoffs. Good luck to Poly in the playoffs. I certainly don't want to play you guys again. xnodxxlolx

grizzpaw
November 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
that what i mean EVERY team has dropped after a lost until today!

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
have polls even come out yet???

GrizFanIRAQ
November 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM

What poll are you looking at were CP didnt drop? I dont think any of the 3 major polls have been updated yet

GrizFanIRAQ
November 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
have polls even come out yet???

TSN poll has updated

skinny_uncle
November 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
sports network poll (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/TSN-DIV-1AA-POLL.htm)

Grizaholic17
November 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hey Griz I agree with you... I was wondering where we were going to drop. I thought we would go to number 4 or 5 and the griz would leap up ahead of us. I do find it AMAZING that the griz have 1 LOSS and are ranked behind two or three teams with 2 losses

Especially when we beat that team xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

AlphaSigMD
November 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
In 2000, an unranked Notre Dame lost 27-24 in OT to No. 1 Nebraska and jumped to No. 24 in the AP the subsequent week.