PDA

View Full Version : UNH Playoff Scenarios

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
The way I see it, we have 3 realistic possibilities. Here they are, in order of what I think will happen:

1) Colgate @ New Hampshire
2) New Hampshire @ Southern Illinois
3) New Hampshire @ Northern Iowa

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2008, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't dismiss traveling to a team like Montana, Weber or otherwise, either. UNH's only real geographic equivalent is Colgate. If 'Gate goes to 'Nova, UNH will travel pretty much anywhere at the committee's discretion.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't dismiss traveling to a team like Montana, Weber or otherwise, either. UNH's only real geographic equivalent is Colgate. If 'Gate goes to 'Nova, UNH will travel pretty much anywhere at the committee's discretion.

Yeah I would hate to have to go back to Montana

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
There aren't many road matchups that scare me greatly. I would not eagerly go to Appalachian State, Villanova, James Madison or Cal Poly, but I think UNH has a fighting chance against just about every other team. They were in the 'Nova game for most of the game, too. I think they'd struggle mightily trying to stop either Landers or Edwards, as they really struggled with Whitney.

smcwildcat
November 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
just give me a home game and il sleep ok

smcwildcat
November 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
at scst?

UNHWildCats
November 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
would have been a whole lot better had Holy Cross won yesterday

UNH Fanboi
November 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
There aren't many road matchups that scare me greatly. I would not eagerly go to Appalachian State, Villanova, James Madison or Cal Poly, but I think UNH has a fighting chance against just about every other team. They were in the 'Nova game for most of the game, too. I think they'd struggle mightily trying to stop either Landers or Edwards, as they really struggled with Whitney.

Fortunately they can't go to JMU or Nova in the first round.

I think games at SIU or UNI are the most likely scenarios, but wouldn't be surprised if they get shipped to Montana or Cal Poly. I think Colgate will probably get shipped to Nova. I think there's very little chance UNH ends up with a hime game because of their crappy facilities.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Apparently UNH did put in an aggressive bid in for a home game, so we'll see on the matchup. If Villanova is seeded, then I think they'll get Colgate. If they're not, I think UNH has a decent shot considering that Colgate is literally their only regional partner.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Apparently UNH did put in an aggressive bid in for a home game, so we'll see on the matchup. If Villanova is seeded, then I think they'll get Colgate. If they're not, I think UNH has a decent shot considering that Colgate is literally their only regional partner.

Personally, I think if Villanova is seeded, it gives UNH a better chance of playing Colgate, because it takes the regional aspect out of the Villanova game.