PDA

View Full Version : Congats to Cal Poly for a fantastic game!

Zoo
November 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'd first like to state that being a Badger fan, I want to congratulate Cal Poly on a well played game. The three missed PATs did you guys in, but I currently have a feeling of being lucky that the Badgers escaped with a win.

I felt like Cal Poly should have beat the Badgers. I was impressed with the way your defense shut down P.J. Hill, and how fantastic Cal Poly's running attack was.

Congrats to Cal Poly, you guys should have won, my Badgers did not play their best game, but neither did Cal Poly, if you guys would have made those PATs, we would've had a different ballgame on our hands.

xthumbsupx

Go Poly
November 22nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'd first like to state that being a Badger fan, I want to congratulate Cal Poly on a well played game. The three missed PATs did you guys in, but I currently have a feeling of being lucky that the Badgers escaped with a win.

I felt like Cal Poly should have beat the Badgers. I was impressed with the way your defense shut down P.J. Hill, and how fantastic Cal Poly's running attack was.

Congrats to Cal Poly, you guys should have won, my Badgers did not play their best game, but neither did Cal Poly, if you guys would have made those PATs, we would've had a different ballgame on our hands.

xthumbsupx

Thanks for your honest take on the game. Your coach, however, sounds to me like he is spinning the game outcome as being the result of the "right plays" by his players...but his body language in the post game interview told a different story.....more like, "thank God we got out of here alive!"

ngineer
November 22nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Hell of an effort CP. Those XPs can be killers, as Lehigh knows all too well this year. The guys on ESPN gave CP significant props and saying what everyone else is...you guys shoulds won!:( xthumbsupx

malibudude
November 23rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
It was a great college football game, that's why they play 'em. As bad as I felt with the CP loss it was gratifying to see the Badger players celebrating they way they did, they knew they had won a tough game late against long odds. AGS.

smallcollegefbfan
November 23rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
Congrats from me as well! Cal Poly is a great team who I think will make some noise in the playoffs.

AppMAN04
November 23rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
Yes a damn good game played. I do on the other hand believe that they need to fix that little problem with the extra points.

T-Dog
November 23rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
I do on the other hand believe that they need to fix that little problem with the extra points.

Do what Texas Tech did. Put a jersey on a student who wins a FG kicking contest at halftime.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2008, 01:16 AM
The missed XPs should not detract from what was a remarkable effort by the 'Stangs. In ways, it's a lot harder to beat a team with 10 games under their belt than to open the season - and you guys led most of the way.

You guys are going to be one heck of an out in the playoffs. If it indeed is going to be a Weber State/Cal Poly 1st round game, I think that is a shoo-in for ESPN - especially if it's in San Luis Obispo. Can you say scoring? xthumbsupx

tingly
November 23rd, 2008, 01:25 AM
Kickoff would have to be before 11am to be the ESPN game (unless they change the schedule)

coover
November 23rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
You guys are going to be one heck of an out in the playoffs. If it indeed is going to be a Weber State/Cal Poly 1st round game, I think that is a shoo-in for ESPN - especially if it's in San Luis Obispo. Can you say scoring? xthumbsupx

I doubt any game in SLO will be on ESPN next week. The ESPN game is scheduled to start at Noon Eastern Time. That, folks, is 9 o'clock in the morning in San Luis Obispo.

Ain't gonna happen! (unless ESPN changes game time to 3 PM Eastern).

T-Dog
November 23rd, 2008, 01:45 AM
I doubt any game in SLO will be on ESPN next week. The ESPN game is scheduled to start at Noon Eastern Time. That, folks, is 9 o'clock in the morning in San Luis Obispo.

Ain't gonna happen! (unless ESPN changes game time to 3 PM Eastern).

Plus, doesn't Cal Poly like their night games. When I come back from out games on Saturday, the only FCS games on are usually Cal Poly, McNeese, UC-Davis and San Diego games and it always seems the Cal Poly game is the last one to end (past midnight EST).

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Congrats to Poly indeed. This team scares the HECK out of me.

slostang
November 23rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
Yes a damn good game played. I do on the other hand believe that they need to fix that little problem with the extra points.

Cal Poly kicker has his problems, but he was like 56 of 57 PATs last year and has only missed on this year. He has only missed 2 in over 100 before this game and he missed 3 of 5 in this game. *****.

igo4uni
November 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Cal Poly kicker has his problems, but he was like 56 of 57 PATs last year and has only missed on this year. He has only missed 2 in over 100 before this game and he missed 3 of 5 in this game. *****.

He couldn't take the pressure, I guess.:(

clenz
November 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Damn kicker!