PDA

View Full Version : THE CONGRATS UCA THREAD

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
If only huh?

Great year and goodbye to your seniors. They helped blaze a trail and when you get your chance to win the SLC and make the playoffs, well, as my grandma used to say, "save some for when you need it!"

You showed them this year and the entire FCS wants to see more of it.

Keep bringing it!

Congratulations on a great season.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Congrats to Central Arkansas for their play on the football field and doing what they did in the eyes of fans across the league and FCS community.

Congrats to the Central Arkansas administration for taking the steps necessary to honor their team in light of the NCAA's late ruling which was due to an oversight on some level that allowed the team to go this long thinking they had a chance for the real hardware.

Congrats to the Central Arkansas players on doing what you had to do despite all the adversity thrown your way and here's hoping the SLC's media relations office explains how you won on the field, but the actual NCAA rules which kept you from not winning the true SLC title due to rules uncovered late in the game.

Congrats to Nathan Brown on SLC Player of the Year, which is a matter of WHEN and not IF.

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
... in light of the NCAA's late ruling... the actual NCAA rules which kept you from not winning the true SLC title due to rules uncovered late in the game...Ease up please. The NCAA rules are nearly a decade old and have been used three times in the last four years. That they were "uncovered" is disengenuous. It does not take away from what UCA accomplished this year. xcoffeex

BEAR
November 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Alright, this is from an (official) UCA fan who attended the game. Listen all SLC fans....UCA is proud of their team. They, the football players and coaches, and yes even the fans, realize that what was left of this season was to be played only for school pride..and a "Red Beans and Rice" Trophy. xlolx

What I witnessed on that field tonight was not a team upset about not winning the conference(officially). What I witnessed on the field was not a coaching staff that had given up because they had nothing left to play for. What I did witness was a team so focused on winning that no opponent, no by-law, absolutely nothing was going to stop them from becoming part of history.

So the NCAA said 10 years ago UCA wasn't eligible.
So the SLC can't recognize the Bears.
So SLC can't officially give the rings or the banner to the players.

So What!

Keep the rings. Keep the banner. We came and took what we wanted. Only Nicholls State can say they got one from us. xbowx But for now..

WE WON THE SLC THIS YEAR...THE BEARS HAD THE BEST CONFERENCE RECORD...conference members or not. And no one in the conference can say it ain't so.

Good luck to Texas State in the playoffs. Represent the Conference well!

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
And congrats by the way for the "RED BEANS and RICE" trophy.

Completely forgot about that one.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Again congrats UCA fans. Your team had the best record and here's to hoping you do when it counts towards winning the conference! xthumbsupx

BEAR
November 22nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm petitioning the NCAA to allow cloning...I would like to clone Nathan Brown..xlolx

Dallas Demon
November 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm petitioning the NCAA to allow cloning...I would like to clone Nathan Brown..xlolx

Congrats on a great season. I'm glad Nathan Brown is a senior. Let me know if he is looking for a job, I would suspect he will be successful after football too!

Cat79
November 22nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Congrats to UCA

You guys had a great season. Nathan Brown is a gamer.

TheRevSWT
November 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Truly sucks about the ruling from the NCAA about the conference championship, because the UCA team was definitely on fire.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my bobcats will be playing next weekend, but I feel bad for UCA, because they had (probably will still have next year) such a strong team.

Kudos to y'all on a helluva season.

proasu89
November 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Alright, this is from an (official) UCA fan who attended the game. Listen all SLC fans....UCA is proud of their team. They, the football players and coaches, and yes even the fans, realize that what was left of this season was to be played only for school pride..and a "Red Beans and Rice" Trophy. xlolx

What I witnessed on that field tonight was not a team upset about not winning the conference(officially). What I witnessed on the field was not a coaching staff that had given up because they had nothing left to play for. What I did witness was a team so focused on winning that no opponent, no by-law, absolutely nothing was going to stop them from becoming part of history.

So the NCAA said 10 years ago UCA wasn't eligible.
So the SLC can't recognize the Bears.
So SLC can't officially give the rings or the banner to the players.

So What!

Keep the rings. Keep the banner. We came and took what we wanted. Only Nicholls State can say they got one from us. xbowx But for now..

WE WON THE SLC THIS YEAR...THE BEARS HAD THE BEST CONFERENCE RECORD...conference members or not. And no one in the conference can say it ain't so.

Good luck to Texas State in the playoffs. Represent the Conference well!

Well said Bearxnodx

BEAR
November 22nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Well said Bearxnodx

It took an ASU fan to understand why an athlete takes the field....to win it on the field. xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xbowx

slycat
November 23rd, 2008, 10:08 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again.....congrats y'all played a heck of a season. The Bears are a great addition to strengthening the conference as a whole.

UCABEARS75
November 24th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks to you all.

We truly do have a great coaching staff, athletic admin., and wonderful kids on the teams.

Our fans are learning as we go since the move from D-II.

Nine years ago we were lucky to have 3,000 for homecoming and tailgating was swinging by McDonald's on the way to the game.

We would take around 50 people to an away game except to Arkansas Tech where we would take a thousand or so.

Now we are averaging over 10,000 in a 9,000 seat stadium. We regularly take hundreds or even more than 1,000 on road games.

Plans are on the board for Club Seats, Ten Luxury Suites (already sold), new weight room, and more.

We have come a long ways and are not stopping anytime soon.

Purple Pride
November 24th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks to you all.

We truly do have a great coaching staff, athletic admin., and wonderful kids on the teams.

Our fans are learning as we go since the move from D-II.

Nine years ago we were lucky to have 3,000 for homecoming and tailgating was swinging by McDonald's on the way to the game.

We would take around 50 people to an away game except to Arkansas Tech where we would take a thousand or so.

Now we are averaging over 10,000 in a 9,000 seat stadium. We regularly take hundreds or even more than 1,000 on road games.

Plans are on the board for Club Seats, Ten Luxury Suites (already sold), new weight room, and more.

We have come a long ways and are not stopping anytime soon.

Maybe for some of you.:D

appfan2008
November 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
congrats to uca... this years ndsu