PDA

View Full Version : THE REAL CONGRATS UCA THREAD

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Congrats to Central Arkansas for their play on the football field and doing what they did in the eyes of fans across the league and FCS community.

Congrats to the Central Arkansas administration for taking the steps necessary to honor their team in light of the NCAA's late ruling which was due to an oversight on some level that allowed the team to go this long thinking they had a chance for the real hardware.

Congrats to the Central Arkansas players on doing what you had to do despite all the adversity thrown your way and here's hoping the SLC's media relations office explains how you won on the field, but the actual NCAA rules which kept you from not winning the true SLC title due to rules uncovered late in the game.

Congrats to Nathan Brown on SLC Player of the Year, which is a matter of WHEN and not IF.

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Your postings on this belong in the smack forum. You are really going overboard with your hate of Texas State. Shame.

patssle
November 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Your postings on this belong in the smack forum. You are really going overboard with your hate of Texas State. Shame.

Please. This has nothing to do with TXST. UCA was the best team in the conference, they deserve the championship. A bunch of rules shouldn't deny them what they did on the field.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
Please. This has nothing to do with TXST. UCA was the best team in the conference, they deserve the championship. A bunch of rules shouldn't deny them what they did on the field.With TT it is personal (I think) and I have watched it for years. UCA was not eligible for the SLC Championship, neither was James Madison nor Cal Poly.

Dallas Demon
November 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM

Most of his posts belong in the smack forum. He has a hatred for Northwestern St. too and also all HBCUs. Enough is enough.

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Please. This has nothing to do with TXST. UCA was the best team in the conference, they deserve the championship. A bunch of rules shouldn't deny them what they did on the field.

Correct!

I already started a thread congratulating the Bobcats on their AQ. They won that on the field, but UCA deserves their nod of respect. This has nothing to do with my feelings regarding the folks in San Marcos, but the heap of acknowledgment that UCA deserves, yet will not receive due to the NCAA rules.

We should at least give them a thumbs up for what they did as the UCA administration will be the true ones making sure the players and staff get what they deserve. xthumbsupx

With TT it is personal and I have watched it for years. UCA was not eligible for the SLC Championship, neither was James Madison nor Cal Poly.

I would have said the same thing if SHSU "won" the conference title. I'd say we did not beat UCA and call it a day. Congrats on AQ, but UCA is the champ. SE, you are missing the fact I called this before it occurred, whether it was NWST, McN or TXST. If anything, I am happy it is TXST because they can win on the road, which is exactly what they will have to do all the way to Chatty. Time to get the SLC respect back.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
I already started a thread congratulating the Bobcats on their AQ...telling them it was mythical and should have an asterisk, and you started several threads last week for UCA... WE GET YOUR POINT! But it has risen to the smack level. xsmhx

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2008, 08:43 PM
these postings are getting more and more pathetic.

I would also like to congratulate James Madison for winning the Southern Conference title. Although technically they aren't eligible for it, they did beat Appalachian State so in the eyes of the FCS community they deserve the title over ASU.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Central Arkansas "Wins" Southland is incorrect and disrespectful to the rightful winner, Texas State.

Tod
November 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM

Really? What other rules should we throw out or ignore? xeyebrowx

Rules are rules. To disagree with them is fine, but they have to be followed, or the whole thing becomes a sham.

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 08:45 PM
telling them it was mythical and should have an asterisk, and you started several threads last week for UCA... WE GET YOUR POINT! But it has risen to the smack level. xsmhx

How is it smack when the only people bringing in other teams are you and Dallas Demon?

I am congratulating a team that won on the field! I kept the names of EVERY other SLC school out of this post! This is about UCA and their on the field accolades this year.

If any smack is in this thread, it's directed towards the people that dropped the ball.

Unfortunately, you have lost sight of the true direction of this post and have refused to acknowledge UCA. That's fine, but can you please take it to another thread?

patssle
November 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Really? What other rules should we throw out or ignore? xeyebrowx

Rules are rules. To disagree with them is fine, but they have to be followed, or the whole thing becomes a sham.

Rules are rules. But the fans should recognize the true champions regardless of the rules, being how ridiculous they are.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
How is it smack...Saying the title deserves an asterisk. xnonono2x That's a slap at the team that rightfully won it.

Dallas Demon
November 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
How is it smack when the only people bringing in other teams are you and Dallas Demon?

I am congratulating a team that won on the field! I kept the names of EVERY other SLC school out of this post! This is about UCA and their on the field accolades this year.

If any smack is in this thread, it's directed towards the people that dropped the ball.

Unfortunately, you have lost sight of the true direction of this post and have refused to acknowledge UCA. That's fine, but can you please take it to another thread?

Saying that Texas State is not the Southland Champions and that their accomplishment is mythical is smack. If you state facts it is not smack.

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Saying the title deserves an asterisk. xnonono2x That's a slap at the team that rightfully won it.

The asterisk is needed to explain why UCA with the best record in league play does not have the title. Without it, it will seem as if UCA did something that was in violation of NCAA rules or something along those lines.

When we look back at this in 25 years, are we going to remember why TXST is the champ instead of UCA? Nope. Heck, we all forget why SFA was stripped of their wins the year they went to the national title game. Media relations offices need to do a better job of explaining history. Only helps us further down the road.

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
can you please take it to another thread?Which of the threads you have started which smack Texas State would you suggest?

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:52 PM
The asterisk is needed to explain why UCA with the best record in league play does not have the title...NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE LEAGUE STANDINGS is what it would say

Syntax Error
November 22nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
Central Arkansas "Wins" Southland is a smack at the rightful winner, Texas State. This whole thread and other threads you have started today on the subject are the same. Just take it to smack please.

TexasTerror
November 22nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE LEAGUE STANDINGS is what it would say

That is an appropriate response, but I would add:

"due to NCAA rules related to the transition requirements and the league's membership application for the automatic bid to the Division I playoffs."

So altogether...

"UCA not eligible for league championship due to NCAA rules related to the transition requirements and the league's membership application for the automatic bid to the Division I playoffs."

Again, congrats Conque!

NATHAN BROWN - PLAYER OF THE YEAR! xbowx
CLINT CONQUE - COACH OF THE YEAR! xthumbsupx

appstate1998
November 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Just go to the UCA forums and ask for "UCA appearances" on AGS again in your threads to support you since your argument has no merit.

KleinTx05
November 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
All TT does is hate on Texas State ...He hates the idea we are the Southland Champs WITHOUT the (*) ... He hates that we shut down the BearKats with being down 21-0 at one point ... He hates SHSU football at this point xlolx
TT you are over on Bobcatfans giving congrads to our program but SERIOUSLY ...KEEP IT!!! We dont it xnonox Its not genuine anyways. Admit it ...You HATE TEXAS STATE ... As far as UCA goes YES they are a great team BUT when they finish their transition THEN they can outright win and be honored as CHAMPS ...PERIOD. Rules are rules!!! xrulesx WE, TEXAS STATE will be in the Books in all caps as THE SOUTHLAND CHAMPIONSxthumbsupx xbowx

Cry all you want foolxbawlingx JUST US OUR RINGS CHUMP!!!