PDA

View Full Version : Fans like ME deserve a Terriers home playoff game

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
I am a great fan. I go to every Terrier home game, and a few road ones as well, and I always still until the end of the game. But I can't travel all the way across the country again this year, or even halfway across it. I feel like I deserve a home playoff game. I am not travelling for these playoffs unless it is to Chattanooga. I refuse. Outside of the hiccup at ASU, we've had a very fine season. I don't want the team to have to go to Iowa or Louisiana or some messed-up venue like that as a reward. All I ask for is ONE home playoff game. Just give me one last chance to support my Terriers at Gibbs Stadium this year. I am praying hard. If I were rich like Jerry Richardson, I'd write the bid check myself. But unfortunately, it is out of this fine fan's hands.

Dukie95
November 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
I am a great fan. I go to every Terrier home game, and a few road ones as well, and I always still until the end of the game. But I can't travel all the way across the country again this year, or even halfway across it. I feel like I deserve a home playoff game. I am not travelling for these playoffs unless it is to Chattanooga. I refuse. Outside of the hiccup at ASU, we've had a very fine season. I don't want the team to have to go to Iowa or Louisiana or some messed-up venue like that as a reward. All I ask for is ONE home playoff game. Just give me one last chance to support my Terriers at Gibbs Stadium this year. I am praying hard. If I were rich like Jerry Richardson, I'd write the bid check myself. But unfortunately, it is out of this fine fan's hands.

You need to hope Liberty makes the field. If not, Wofford will be the only non-seeded team under 400 miles from JMU.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
JMU will be the number one seed. We should not be deemed the worst of the 16 playoff teams and get sent to JMU.

Dukie95
November 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
JMU will be the number one seed. We should not be deemed the worst of the 16 playoff teams and get sent to JMU.

The committee treats teams 5-16 as equals, it comes down to travel distance.

JMad03
November 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
It doesn't work that way. After the top 4 seeds, the rest are based on geography. So yes, you very well may be traveling to JMU first round. You better hope Liberty gets in.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Well, if it depends on travel distance, why did we get sent all the way to Montana last year?

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
We're forgetting about Sc state and maybe Richmond

CSUBUCDAD
November 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
It doesn't work that way. After the top 4 seeds, the rest are based on geography. So yes, you very well may be traveling to JMU first round. You better hope Liberty gets in.

They will, they kicked Elons butt today

Reign of Terrier
Well, if it depends on travel distance, why did we get sent all the way to Montana last year?

It has something to do with traveling on a plane, and that EKU was going to too, and it didn't matter which went. They explained on the Wofford post-game show today.

Dukie95
Sigh...

I'm tired of discussing this every day on these boards...

Trust JMU fans that have been sent on the road for two straight years when we felt we should have been at home. We've read the rules backwards and forwards.

dungeonjoe
It is not about what the fans deserve. There will be 5 or6 bubble teams who would be glad to travel, but they won't make it in. It is what is- get a top seed if you want an assured home game.

Just be glad we are in and quit whinning.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
SC State will probably end up at ASU, but maybe they'll ship them out to JMU- after all they just might be the "16th seed". Richmond will not go to JMU(same conference). But It'd be nice if we got a rematch at Gibbs against Richmond- that might could happen!

Dukie95
November 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
We're forgetting about Sc state and maybe Richmond

Seeds are paired first. The first thing they'll do after picking the teams is look at a map to see who is closest to JMU, the #1 seed, and Wofford is that team.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
IF Liberty gets in (there is no Big South auto-bid so I am still not fully convinced), then JMU would be the PERFECT destination for them!

Dukie95
November 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
SC State will probably end up at ASU, but maybe they'll ship them out to JMU- after all they just might be the "16th seed". Richmond will not go to JMU(same conference). But It'd be nice if we got a rematch at Gibbs against Richmond- that might could happen!

They won't send SCState to JMU when Wofford is closer. The bus or fly line is 400 miles. SCState is above that limit, Wofford is not.

All this is moot if Liberty is in the field.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Well even if we DO have to go to JMU, I PROMISE you one thing. You won't put up 70 on us!

dungeonjoe
November 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
After going to Montana last year, I don't care who or where we play. Any given saturday- you can't afford to think any team is a pushover, because it can easily be a trap game especially at this level.

I am just glad to be in the field of 16.

BestOfBreed
November 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
I agree with Dukie95... Wofford @ JMU unless Liberty gets in.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
NO one is a pushover that makes the playoffs. Anyone who thinks any playoff game is an automatic win is crazy, and also just waiting to be sent packing!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Montana underestimated us last year.

Reign of Terrier
November 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I also heard that SC state did some pretty big bidding for a home game--let's pray that works, I would rather stay in SC for the first round.

woffordgrad94
November 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
I also heard that SC state did some pretty big bidding for a home game--let's pray that works, I would rather stay in SC for the first round.

Yes, I could make that trip!

wocorebel
November 22nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
I would love a home game at Gibbs, but I now live in Virginia. I am coming back to Sparkle City for the holidays but if I have to go back to Virginia early so be it. I would rather it stay in SC. BUt the one plus if we have to go to JMU, we can shove the words of their coach down their throats with Dane and Ruck.

GrizFamily
November 22nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Yes you do because that will keep you out of Missoula!

Eight Legger
November 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
We'll be glad to come back to play/beat you again this year:D We had fun down there last year. Great hospitality from your fans.

wocorebel
November 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
I would love to play Richmond, no more Hightower equals a great chance for a Wofford win. There will be no turnovers this year to beat ourselves.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
I think the guy that started this thread doomed Wofford's hopes to get a home playoff game. Wofford doesn't "deserve" a home playoff game more than anyone else in the bracket thats not seeded.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 22nd, 2008, 05:00 PM
I would love to play Richmond, no more Hightower equals a great chance for a Wofford win. There will be no turnovers this year to beat ourselves.

Bring it on!