PDA

View Full Version : Congrats LU

ElonPride
November 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Still time in the game, but no way Elon will come back.

Congrats on the win. You exposed how terrible Elon really is....

R3TRO
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM

Your member name is ironical.

ElonPride
November 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Your member name is ironical.

Sure not feelin' it now!!!

Phoenix Rising
November 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM

I truly hate fair weather fans. Sure, Elon has been anything but consistent this season, but we are not a terrible team. If you're going to call yourself ElonPride, have some pride in your team. Maybe not in how they've played today, but this season has shown how talented they are.

So please, either be a real fan, or don't associate youself with Elon, because people who make comments like that make me sick.

ElonPride
November 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I truly hate fair weather fans. Sure, Elon has been anything but consistent this season, but we are not a terrible team. If you're going to call yourself ElonPride, have some pride in your team. Maybe not in how they've played today, but this season has showed how talented they are.

So please, either be a real fan, or don't associate youself with Elon, because people who make comments like that make me sick.

Ok, applaud losing to Liberty then.......

I've stood by some bad teams here at Elon........

blur2005
November 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
I truly hate fair weather fans. Sure, Elon has been anything but consistent this season, but we are not a terrible team. If you're going to call yourself ElonPride, have some pride in your team. Maybe not in how they've played today, but this season has showed how talented they are.

Fair weather fan? Who joined AGS in November of 2008? ElonPride can be saddened and distressed about how Elon has fallen apart. Most fans are like that about their teams when these things happen. I don't think that reflects on how much he loves his team...things just haven't worked out for the Phoenix this year.

Phoenix Rising
November 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Fair weather fan? Who joined AGS in November of 2008? ElonPride can be saddened and distressed about how Elon has fallen apart. Most fans are like that about their teams when these things happen. I don't think that reflects on how much he loves his team...things just haven't worked out for the Phoenix this year.

I onyl found out about Any Given Saturday in November of 2008, thank you. Do not ever call me a fair weather fan for that.

I too am saddened by how poorly Elon has played in this game. But I'm saddened because I Know that they are a much better team than this game is showing. Elon is by no means a terrible team and they deserve our respect for MANY of their games this season--did you miss the App game? What an incredible showing for Elon. We can pick and choose all we want, but the truth is, Elon is a very good, but very inconcsistent team. Take that for what it is and be proud of how far Elon has come in the past few years.

Sly Fox
November 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
We'll take the congratulations wherever we can get them. It is extremely rare to hear Liberty brought up here not part of a sarcastic sneer.

Gracias!

PhoenixSupreme
November 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
We'll take the congratulations wherever we can get them. It is extremely rare to hear Liberty brought up here not part of a sarcastic sneer.

Gracias!

Well in my opinion, Liberty certainly changed the minds of many doubters with the game today, including mine for one. Hopefully the committee will give them serious consideration for a playoff spot now instead of just passing consideration.

And to PhoenixRising...I have to feel for ElonPride as well. I went to Elon during the bad years under Hamilton (and heard tragic stories about the years with Seagraves), and I can understand his state of mind right now. I've always noticed that with any sport, Elon seems to not perform as well in clutch or critical situations or games. Being in the pep band and marching band all 4 years there, I know all too well the frustrations of being an Elon fan at the basketball and football games. Even Elon's soccer team (with an undefeated SoCon record this year), lost in the semifinals in the playoffs.

Basically, it's natural for a fan to feel down when their team has a bad game and it's natural for the same fan to feel proud when their team is surging. It's called emotions.

ElonPride
November 24th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Well in my opinion, Liberty certainly changed the minds of many doubters with the game today, including mine for one. Hopefully the committee will give them serious consideration for a playoff spot now instead of just passing consideration.

And to PhoenixRising...I have to feel for ElonPride as well. I went to Elon during the bad years under Hamilton (and heard tragic stories about the years with Seagraves), and I can understand his state of mind right now. I've always noticed that with any sport, Elon seems to not perform as well in clutch or critical situations or games. Being in the pep band and marching band all 4 years there, I know all too well the frustrations of being an Elon fan at the basketball and football games. Even Elon's soccer team (with an undefeated SoCon record this year), lost in the semifinals in the playoffs.

Basically, it's natural for a fan to feel down when their team has a bad game and it's natural for the same fan to feel proud when their team is surging. It's called emotions.

I was a student at Elon during the last year of Hart, 3 years of Seagraves, then was a season ticket holder up until the '07 season. Travel every weekend got to be a little too much. Being called a fairweather fan when you've endured the sickest weather really infuriates me.