PDA

View Full Version : lehigh- lafayette

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
17-12 Lehigh 2nd period. Seems we are atill trying to shoot ourselves in the foot but Clarke very good

Lafalumni29
November 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Is it me or does Quilling not look very good? I'm trying my best not to be biased towards Curley. Can someone from Lehigh give me an honest opinion.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Kid is not bad , LU was recruiting him also, but he oes look a bit like a deer in headlights. Tough to put him in this game with such little experience, and my fingers are getting cold. I like your stadium tho, 1st time I've been here. Parking is even worse then I recalled.

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Score still 17-12 Engineers.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Curley now in at qb

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
and doing much better. Lafayette controlling game .shut down LU run TOP double Lehigh's .

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Thank God for Jackson sacking LC qb again

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Lehigh up 24-15 4th period

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Here we go again dbs give up a big pass play down to our 16 yd line

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
BUt lbPierce int returned for td LU up 30-15

Lafalumni29
November 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hate to admit it, but LU was the better team out there today. You deserve it.

Curley looked like himself to me though. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

RichH2
November 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you , nice win for team. I really thought with Curley LC would pile up some points . LU D came up strong even tho gave up some clutch plays.

Clarke key

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Lehigh did each of the 3 things i thought they needed to to win,
1. Leo 1/1 on FG's
2. Limit Lafayette to <200 yards passing <175 yards rushing
3. Have a TD play of greater than 50 yards.

Overall this game was worn at the line of scrimmage IMO. For the first time in 5-6 years Lehigh whipped Lafayette upfront and that's what made the difference. Clark had all day to throw and the WR's were able to get open. Yansane had a great catch at the 2 to get up the the second to last TD and Fitz and Johnson both good solid days. However, more important than anything is Lehigh finally made plays to win rather than to lose. This was a huge huge win for the program although i still think next year will be a huge struggle and will ultimately dictate the future of the program.

As for Lafayette, they certaintly don't look like the 'Pards of the last couple years. The don't have a big back or a dominant OLine. They also have some serious issues at QB. The actually looked a lot like Lehigh circa 2006. Outside of Adair they had zero playmakers on offense.

Fordham
November 22nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats Engineer fans!! You guys have had to swallow hard the past few seasons so I'm sure this win is sweet. Glad for Coen as well. Still don't know if he's your solution at HC but it certainly helps you all to get a victory against your rivals.

Pard fans - nice season but I'm sure it all goes for naught after today's results. Nonetheless, certainly a fine season in Easton as opposed to how things went up in the Bronx ...

ngineer
November 22nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
Well I didn't feel the cold at all today. (High was 30 degrees). The defense was stellar. But for two big plays, they had Lafayette--especially the QBs rattled consistently. 8 official sacks and Quilling and Curley got pressured almost everytme they threw--and what resulted in the key INTS.
Howabout Kennedy. The soph gets burned late in the fourth quarter to put LC in position to tighten up the game and then comes back with a 93 yard INT return for game sealing TD! That shows a lot of character. Didn't let the prior mistake get his head down.
Leo came up big with the 40 yard FG after his shaky season.
And while Clark showed a lot of poise, threw well and managed the ball, I believe the MVP was the entire defense. The LBs were all over, the up front guys were constant pressure.
I noted Troy Taylor started at OLB, but hurt his knee half way through the first quarter--resulting in Pierce coming back in and doing a whale of a job. I hope, though Taylor's knee isn't bad. We have another killer LB corps next year with Brickner, Taylor, Pierce and Shownomi.
FINALLY FEELING GOOD WEEKEND BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!! HALLELEUJAH!

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Congrats to the Engineers!!

Lehigh74
November 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM
What a weekend for Lehigh Sports. On Friday night the wrestling team beats #9 Michigan and then the big win at Lafayette today. After losing 4 in a row it certainly is sweet.

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Lehigh finally put it all together and played the game it was capable of playing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 12:21 AM
The one thing that this certaintly does is buy Coen another year with some of the ex-players/alums. I was somewhat critical of him based on the expectations, some unreasonably set not by me, that were in place when he took over. My belief is this team/program should be 8-3/7-4 60% of the time >9-2 15%, 6-5 or less 25%. You're going to have a couple bad years just do to luck, injuries etc. Still at the end of the day 5-6 seasons should not be expected. Great rivalries like LU-LC even Lehigh-Colgate go in cycles so everyones going to have little droughts. That's why i think people jumped on Lembo a little too quick for his losses to LC. Lafayettes 4 year run while for them was great really wasn't THAT impressive. The question now is what are reasonable goals heading into next season? One has to think this will help recruiting and raise goals for atleast the team itself. The losses are very significant i believe. Fitz and Yansane were an awesome 1-2 punch at WR and the DL takes some big hits. Next year will tell the tail. There isn't a lot of Sr. depth because this will be the class during Lembo's leaving and Coen coming in. But if Coen's guys are as good as advertised then the rising Fr. Soph classes should be filled with capable fill-ins.

One final thing. Don't tell me the cupboard was bare when Lembo left. This was a very talented sr. class. Diamond, Bayani, Fitz, Yansane, Watson, and Jackson were some of the best players at their positions that i can remember.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2008, 12:25 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/11/lehigh-31-lafayette-15-final.html

xnodx xnodx xnodx

:) :) :)

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xbowx xbowx xbowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 12:58 AM
We need pics Chuck!! LOTS OF PICS!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
One is my new Av - like it? xrotatehx

The rest are coming tomorrow - promise!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 01:23 AM
Lafayette not only lost the game they lost their editing skills. Always fun to poke a little, poke poke...

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/112208aaa.html

"EASTON, Pa. - Lafayette LOST ITS FIRST IN GAME IN FIVE years to Lehigh on Saturday afternoon, 31-15, in the 144th meeting of college football's most played rivalry."

They did WHAT?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 01:59 AM
Yansane's 36 yard catch was #7 on Sports Centers Top 10 plays. Certaintly a catch worth remembering....

65 Pard
November 23rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
Interesting dearth of LC posters at this point.....
Here's my take....
First Congrats to LU...you played the game I expected you to play and, as I posted, was fearful of. Hard luck season turned around.

It was obvious from stats and performance in the first Quarter that Curley should have been the starter...If he had been inserted at the beginning of the second quarter, the outcome may have been different...There was a noticeable lift in the performance of the blockers when he came in...
The play calling with 12 minutes left, when LC needed to sustain a drive or face kicking into the wind and give LU a chance to ice the game, was puzzling.....That's not playing to win, that's hoping to win.

Tavani had better settle this QB issue sooner rather than later.....It was obvious who the players wanted in the game, and a coach needs to have the team buy into his leadership.....The play calling yesterday and QB selection will not help that.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Interesting dearth of LC posters at this point.....
Here's my take....
First Congrats to LU...you played the game I expected you to play and, as I posted, was fearful of. Hard luck season turned around.

It was obvious from stats and performance in the first Quarter that Curley should have been the starter...If he had been inserted at the beginning of the second quarter, the outcome may have been different...There was a noticeable lift in the performance of the blockers when he came in...
The play calling with 12 minutes left, when LC needed to sustain a drive or face kicking into the wind and give LU a chance to ice the game, was puzzling.....That's not playing to win, that's hoping to win.

Tavani had better settle this QB issue sooner rather than later.....It was obvious who the players wanted in the game, and a coach needs to have the team buy into his leadership.....The play calling yesterday and QB selection will not help that.

IN addition, in the third LC had a 3rd and one around their own 40 and went on a roll out deep pass! Couldn't believe it. Like what we did against Colgate with 2nd and 2 at the 50 and threw three times. Why can't coaches get it in their heads TO GET THE FIRST DOWN! Certainly worked out for us as the pass was incomplete, but very curious calling.

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Congrats to Lehigh for the big road win!xnodx

LehighFan11
November 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Yansane's 36 yard catch was #7 on Sports Centers Top 10 plays. Certaintly a catch worth remembering....
Really? Damn. My brother said they also showed the Lehigh/Laf game on sportscenter during a Rivalry Week segment and he saw himself in the crowd. I watched College Football Live and saw nothing.

LehighFan11
November 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
This game was amazing! I'm so glad for the Seniors to get a win over Lafayette. I had alot of hope for this game when I saw Lehigh was wearing the White on White unis, where did that come from?! Lehigh didn't dominate the stat sheet at all but there were a few keys. Lehigh gave Clark all day to throw and he hit Yansane and Fitz like expected. We all knew Lehigh wasn't going to be able to run the ball. I was nice to see Lehigh hold Lafayette in check on the ground. And who thought Lehigh couldn't make the big play? I thought the game was scripted for another disappointment, but nope, thanks to Yansane and Kennedy. Congrats to Kennedy to pick himself up after getting burnt and save the game. If Lafayette scores a TD there, Lehigh would of needed to get 2-3 first downs (which we all know wouldn't of happened) so Lafayette would of had a drive for the game winning FG.

To be fair, Kennedy's INT should of never happened. I was on the students side right next to the goal line and I saw this develop the whole way. I think the play started at about the 7 yard line and Cribbs was holding, I mean HOLDING the lafayette WR all the way into the endzone. Luckily, Curley rolled to the other side and the refs never saw it. Ill take it and the win!

Lehigh74
November 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
What was most encouraging about the game was the way Lehigh matched up with Lafayette physically. It was a far cry from what happened in the last game at Lafayette, when we were completely dominated. Both Lehigh's offensive and defensive lines had the better of the play yesterday. Clark had lots of time to pick out a receiver and make a good throw. The Lafayette quarterback's where under pressure every time they went back to pass. Almost all of Lafayette's yards on the ground came on sweeps or misdirection plays. When they ran up the middle they got stuffed. It was a great win and hopefully will be a springboard to a resurgence in the program.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
IN addition, in the third LC had a 3rd and one around their own 40 and went on a roll out deep pass! Couldn't believe it. Like what we did against Colgate with 2nd and 2 at the 50 and threw three times. Why can't coaches get it in their heads TO GET THE FIRST DOWN! Certainly worked out for us as the pass was incomplete, but very curious calling.

A play like that played a major role in our loss to Colgate. We are up, ball at midfield, third and one... the call?? A FB pass to a WR who is covered. Not to mention we were pounding the ball down Colgate's throat at this point...

ngineer
November 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
This game was amazing! I'm so glad for the Seniors to get a win over Lafayette. I had alot of hope for this game when I saw Lehigh was wearing the White on White unis, where did that come from?! Lehigh didn't dominate the stat sheet at all but there were a few keys. Lehigh gave Clark all day to throw and he hit Yansane and Fitz like expected. We all knew Lehigh wasn't going to be able to run the ball. I was nice to see Lehigh hold Lafayette in check on the ground. And who thought Lehigh couldn't make the big play? I thought the game was scripted for another disappointment, but nope, thanks to Yansane and Kennedy. Congrats to Kennedy to pick himself up after getting burnt and save the game. If Lafayette scores a TD there, Lehigh would of needed to get 2-3 first downs (which we all know wouldn't of happened) so Lafayette would of had a drive for the game winning FG.

To be fair, Kennedy's INT should of never happened. I was on the students side right next to the goal line and I saw this develop the whole way. I think the play started at about the 7 yard line and Cribbs was holding, I mean HOLDING the lafayette WR all the way into the endzone. Luckily, Curley rolled to the other side and the refs never saw it. Ill take it and the win!

From what I heard, the senior figured LC would revert to their old 'black' uniforms so they requested white pants to have a totally white look. Probably been almost 30 years since we wore white pants. I remember Whitehead went to the 'Old Gold' motif about midway through his tenure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
From what I heard, the senior figured LC would revert to their old 'black' uniforms so they requested white pants to have a totally white look. Probably been almost 30 years since we wore white pants. I remember Whitehead went to the 'Old Gold' motif about midway through his tenure.

I really liked the white pants. In fact i think they uni's would be even sweeter if Lehigh went back to their old white helmets with with a Brown interlocking LU or LEHIGH spelled out. Maybe they will finally go back to a more traditional uniform design after yesterday.

Pard4Life
November 23rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
The one thing that this certaintly does is buy Coen another year with some of the ex-players/alums. I was somewhat critical of him based on the expectations, some unreasonably set not by me, that were in place when he took over. My belief is this team/program should be 8-3/7-4 60% of the time >9-2 15%, 6-5 or less 25%. You're going to have a couple bad years just do to luck, injuries etc. Still at the end of the day 5-6 seasons should not be expected. Great rivalries like LU-LC even Lehigh-Colgate go in cycles so everyones going to have little droughts. That's why i think people jumped on Lembo a little too quick for his losses to LC. Lafayettes 4 year run while for them was great really wasn't THAT impressive. The question now is what are reasonable goals heading into next season? One has to think this will help recruiting and raise goals for atleast the team itself. The losses are very significant i believe. Fitz and Yansane were an awesome 1-2 punch at WR and the DL takes some big hits. Next year will tell the tail. There isn't a lot of Sr. depth because this will be the class during Lembo's leaving and Coen coming in. But if Coen's guys are as good as advertised then the rising Fr. Soph classes should be filled with capable fill-ins.

One final thing. Don't tell me the cupboard was bare when Lembo left. This was a very talented sr. class. Diamond, Bayani, Fitz, Yansane, Watson, and Jackson were some of the best players at their positions that i can remember.

Our four year run was not that impressive? Still delusional, even in victory..

Not impressed that 3 of those wins cost you a league championship and playoff bid?

Not impressed that two of those wins came when you were ranked 8 and 16 nationally?

Not impressed that Lehigh showed up and played hard in each of those losses?

Not impressed our backup QB owned Lehigh when our starter went down on your field the first drive?

You might not be "impressed" with the Pards, but this sure says a lot about Lehigh.

If anything, I am not impressed with your win yesterday. Lehigh showed up, Lafayette did not... and then there is the whole personnel issue at QB, and coaching decisions. We beat ourselves as much as Lehigh wanted to win. Just look at the stats.. but stats don't measure intensity and desire.

If I had to chose a time to lose to Lehigh, it would be under yesterday's circumstances rather than the way in which Lehigh lost 3 of the 4 games. If our wins were not that impressive, it would not have given your program an identity crisis.

I think Lehigh is on the upswing though and will be a much better team next year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM

Not impressed that 3 of those wins cost you a league championship and playoff bid?

Not impressed that two of those wins came when you were ranked 8 and 16 nationally?

Not impressed our backup QB owned Lehigh when our starter went down on your field the first drive?

You might not be "impressed" with the Pards, but this sure says a lot about Lehigh.

If anything, I am not impressed with your win yesterday. Lehigh showed up, Lafayette did not... and then there is the whole personnel issue at QB, and coaching decisions. We beat ourselves as much as Lehigh wanted to win. Just look at the stats.. but stats don't measure intensity and desire.

If I had to chose a time to lose to Lehigh, it would be under yesterday's circumstances rather than the way in which Lehigh lost 3 of the 4 games. If our wins were not that impressive, it would not have given your program an identity crisis.

I think Lehigh is on the upswing though and will be a much better team next year.

It happens in the cycle of rivalry games. What Lehigh was playing had very little to do with considering Layette was playing for basically the same things those years except Lehigh was the favorite. A few string over an oponent is somewhat impressive but really not a huge deal in the scheme of things. Just look at Alabama-Auburn and Michigan-Ohio State, both have one team that have been a run longer than Lafayettes yet no one is making it seem like they own the other team.

LehighFan11
November 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM

You forgot that one of those wins was a complete fluke. Hurt catching that TD, how many time you think that happens out of 1,000 tries? I give it 10.

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
You forgot that one of those wins was a complete fluke. Hurt catching that TD, how many time you think that happens out of 1,000 tries? I give it 10.

Just like that interception return to seal the game yesterday? How often does that happen? Not that often. Lafayette also just lost last week to HC in the same manner--guess that was a fluke as weel.

If anything was a fluke how bout the fact that you guys rushed for 37 years and only passed for 200 yet win by two scores.

LehighFan11
November 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Just like that interception return to seal the game yesterday? How often does that happen? Not that often. Lafayette also just lost last week to HC in the same manner--guess that was a fluke as weel.

If anything was a fluke how bout the fact that you guys rushed for 37 years and only passed for 200 yet win by two scores.
Those stats just makes it sad that we won by 16. Thats all Lafayette's fault for letting Lehigh win if they had such bad stats. Maybe if you had a punter, lehigh wouldn't have the ball at the 50 everytime. It didn't matter if Kennedy ran it back or not, INT sealed the game, which is again your QB's fault. Now avoiding a huge sack and throwing up a prayer off your back foot and having it just get over the Cb's hands into a running back out of the backfield for a td is a fluke.

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
Those stats just makes it sad that we won by 16. Thats all Lafayette's fault for letting Lehigh win if they had such bad stats. Maybe if you had a punter, lehigh wouldn't have the ball at the 50 everytime. It didn't matter if Kennedy ran it back or not, INT sealed the game, which is again your QB's fault. Now avoiding a huge sack and throwing up a prayer off your back foot and having it just get over the Cb's hands into a running back out of the backfield for a td is a fluke.

Like I said Lafayette lost to HC on a last second play last week..was that a fluke too? Not fluke but big plays, and many times one or two big plays is what decides a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Like I said Lafayette lost to HC on a last second play last week..was that a fluke too? Not fluke but big plays, and many times one or two big plays is what decides a game.

Exactly. For the first time all year against a solid opponent it was Lehigh who made the big plays. Lehigh only trailed for a few minutes all game and made the plays when they had to to seal the deal. What happened to Lafayette today and last week is what has happened to Lehigh the last 3 years, watching the other team making the big INT, catch etc.

colorless raider
November 23rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Congrats to the Engineers!!

You should have been in the Chenango.xnonox

colorless raider
November 23rd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Congrats to the Mountain Hawks. Both of you have good teams but I picked Lehigh based on a better defensive seven and more motivation. The Curley deal is a joke, never should have happened.

Lafalumni29
November 23rd, 2008, 03:08 PM
Congrats to the Mountain Hawks. Both of you have good teams but I picked Lehigh based on a better defensive seven and more motivation. The Curley deal is a joke, never should have happened.

Its a joke and sad, really. I'm TRYING not to lose respect for certain people in our program.

Lafalumni29
November 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM

Here we go again. I guess we can expect you to start talking about National Championships and going I-A again. xbowx xbowx xbowx
Come on, win with some class and dignity like the rest of the LU posters.

Our 4 year streak was not that impressive to you because it was AGAINST you. Your comment is as bad as us saying your streak against was not THAT impressive because we were salvaging our program. Childish. xnutsx xnutsx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Here we go again. I guess we can expect you to start talking about National Championships and going I-A again. xbowx xbowx xbowx
Come on, win with some class and dignity like the rest of the LU posters.

Our 4 year streak was not that impressive to you because it was AGAINST you. Your comment is as bad as us saying your streak against was not THAT impressive because we were salvaging our program. Childish. xnutsx xnutsx

I think it's a great accomplishment but just look over the history of all rivalries and they usually go in spurts. Lehigh had a 7 year run followed up by Lafayette's 5/6. I don't think what i'm saying is childish or nutts in anyway. Just look at the record books for all great rivalries. I've always maintained that Lehigh's win over Lafayette in '98, '99, '00, and '01 the games weren't fair fights. The most impressive part of that run came in '95-'97 when the teams were even.

LUHawker
November 23rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Anytime a bitter rival can have a win streak of 4 or more is notable, so Lafayette's streak of 4 was a major occurence in the Rivalry. I'm looking forward to Lehigh starting a streak next year!

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I think it's a great accomplishment but just look over the history of all rivalries and they usually go in spurts. Lehigh had a 7 year run followed up by Lafayette's 5/6. I don't think what i'm saying is childish or nutts in anyway. Just look at the record books for all great rivalries. I've always maintained that Lehigh's win over Lafayette in '98, '99, '00, and '01 the games weren't fair fights. The most impressive part of that run came in '95-'97 when the teams were even.

The score was 14-12 in 99.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
Gallery of Lehigh/Lafayette is up now!

http://community.webshots.com/album/568869739UbxTvf

ngineer
November 23rd, 2008, 11:39 PM
Gallery of Lehigh/Lafayette is up now!

http://community.webshots.com/album/568869739UbxTvf

Thanks for the photos--I got through about 1/3..will visit rest later. However, I see you were at our tailgate at Grube's Service station.--what time were you there cause I missed you. You did get Dan Mulholland with his great 'Real Men Fry Turkeys' apron. Dan was OT for our great teams in the early 1970's--Class of 1974.xthumbsupx

Go...gate
November 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM
White FB pants a nice touch, especially given LC's black jerseys (also very nice). Great photos - Fisher looks really great.

Go...gate
November 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
You should have been in the Chenango.xnonox

Colorless, I would have loved, I mean loved, to be there, but I did the right thing by keeping an eye on my Dad and being there for him. Let's face it - what would any of us not do to help our parents after they sacrificed and did so much for us?

This year I have had to do much of my rooting from afar.

letsgopards04
November 24th, 2008, 07:49 AM

Playcalling under Tavani has never been a strong suit. How many Shotgun HB Sweeps do we need. I run that play all the time in a VIDEO GAME.

letsgopards04
November 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM

Speaking of punters. If I was the special team's coach at Lafayette I would have overloaded the side of the line where your punter did his running punts to. It is a simple game of numbers that the Pards lost all day.

colorless raider
November 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Colorless, I would have loved, I mean loved, to be there, but I did the right thing by keeping an eye on my Dad and being there for him. Let's face it - what would any of us not do to help our parents after they sacrificed and did so much for us?

This year I have had to do much of my rooting from afar.

Understood
! I am with you on that one.:)

colorless raider
November 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
A play like that played a major role in our loss to Colgate. We are up, ball at midfield, third and one... the call?? A FB pass to a WR who is covered. Not to mention we were pounding the ball down Colgate's throat at this point...

"not to mention you were ponding the ball down Colgate's throat". Gee I guess when you are a fourxwhistlex th place team in the PL and lost to Colgate you might think that 97 yards for the TOTAL game is "pounding" the ball. Eachus has not had that few yards himself in ANY game. I guess your vaunted O line had a lttle slippage vs the Mountain Hawks as well.

Franks Tanks
November 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Using that logic it is also Lehigh's fault for "letting" Hurt catch that pass in 05. Lots of waffling there junior. Both plays were big play, saying one is a fluke and the other a great football is just asnine. Either both are flukes or both were plays made by guys coming up big, make up your mind.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the photos--I got through about 1/3..will visit rest later. However, I see you were at our tailgate at Grube's Service station.--what time were you there cause I missed you. You did get Dan Mulholland with his great 'Real Men Fry Turkeys' apron. Dan was OT for our great teams in the early 1970's--Class of 1974.xthumbsupx

I got there just a little before 1/2 hour before kickoff - I looked for you, but didn't see you! All the fried turkey I think was inside at that point.

LU73
November 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Speaking of punters. If I was the special team's coach at Lafayette I would have overloaded the side of the line where your punter did his running punts to. It is a simple game of numbers that the Pards lost all day.

I'd admit that it appears to be a simple thing to block. But Lehigh's been doing it the past two years, so the opposition knows what is coming. I think one was blocked the entire year - probably about the average for any style of punter.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2008, 04:57 PM

Or maybe if we didn't run up the gut all the time or QB sneak it and run from the 1... oops, there I said it... yes this loss is squarely on our shoulders... Lehigh showed up and wanted it, we did not.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2008, 05:09 PM
You know what's funny? On my av, I took the scoreboard at the very moment the game ended... and I think if you look closely, you can see Romans revving up to give his cheap shot to Clark.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
"not to mention you were ponding the ball down Colgate's throat". Gee I guess when you are a fourxwhistlex th place team in the PL and lost to Colgate you might think that 97 yards for the TOTAL game is "pounding" the ball. Eachus has not had that few yards himself in ANY game. I guess your vaunted O line had a lttle slippage vs the Mountain Hawks as well.

Here is the sequence..

L 1-10 L20 LAFAYETTE drive start at 10:29.
L 1-10 L20 Rudolph, Jerome rush for 5 yards to the LAFAYETT25 (Douglas, Austin).
L 2-5 L25 Curley, Rob pass complete to Adair, Shaun for 4 yards to the LAFAYETT29
(Ekpo, Chris).
L 3-1 L29 Rudolph, Jerome rush for 2 yards to the LAFAYETT31, 1ST DOWN LAFAYETT
(Hadley, Greg;Marshall, Ted).
L 1-10 L31 Rudolph, Jerome rush for no gain to the LAFAYETT31 (Marshall, Ted).
L 2-10 L31 Curley, Rob pass complete to Conte, Michael for 9 yards to the LAFAYETT40
(Carbone, Mike;Idah, Uzi).
L 3-1 L40 Russo, Joe pass incomplete to Watson, Tim (Moten, Wayne).
L 4-1 L40 Kondash, T. punt 39 yards to the CU21, downed.

Looked at a rough estimate, 61 yards rushing first half... the rest passing.. either way we were controlling your defense, and we imploded.

Pard4Life
November 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Yes I will give you that... we nearly dropped football.. then where would your fun have gone? Heck we'd be playing "Lycoming" .. wooo-hoo!