Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

FlyBoy8
November 14th, 2005, 02:30 AM
In order for SCSU to get picked, at least two of the following teams have to lose next week:
Nicholls St.
Southern Illinois
Massachusetts
Richmond
Cal Poly
Texas St.
Coastal Carolina

I'm picking McNeese over Nicholls and NDSU over SIU. Please note that I still don't think SCSU deserves a berth, but I think the committee will have a hard time picking someone else if two of the above teams lose. Colgate is the only other option, except maybe McNeese (but I can't see that).

If two of the above teams lose, it's between Colgate and SCSU for the last spot. I think the committee goes with SCSU.

FlyYtown
November 14th, 2005, 05:37 AM
As posted by: FlyBoy8
Endorsed by: R.A.

Lehigh
@ No. 1 New Hampshire

South Carolina St.
@ Furman

Richmond
@ No. 3 Hampton

Massachusetts
@ Appalachian St.

---------------

Cal Poly
@ No. 2 Montana

Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

Texas State doesn't deserve a #4 seed; how do you even think they deserve it; they aren't that good! And how do you think Southern Illinois won't make the playoffs with a win over NDSU; which they are the heavy favorite?
These have all the picks people are doubting will make it... I think they just plain old suck.

November 14th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Texas State doesn't deserve a #4 seed; how do you even think they deserve it; they aren't that good! And how do you think Southern Illinois won't make the playoffs with a win over NDSU; which they are the heavy favorite?
These have all the picks people are doubting will make it... I think they just plain old suck."These have all the picks people are doubting will make it" ???? Who are these folks?

00bluehen
November 14th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I've seen a lot of posts that have Cal Poly going to Montana for the first round, but I thought the committee tried to avoid the whole "first-round" rematch thing. I like the teams selected, but would flip Cal Poly and maybe EIU. Sure it's not fiscal from the travel standpoint, but it avoids that which the committee has always disliked.

TexasTerror
November 14th, 2005, 07:11 AM
So, your saying McN (which was blown out by TxSt two weeks ago) will lose to Nicholls (that beat TxSt three weeks ago) in Thibodaux, where Nicholls is undefeated this year? That seems to be a stretch...but hey, it could happen.

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Texas State's not that good?????? Really?????

dwtime
November 14th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Texas State's not that good?????? Really?????

Hey Bobcat94 here's a UNH fan that thinks your team looks good. Excellent QB and that RB is big and tough and hard to bring down. Great to see them play SFA on TV this weekend.

slostang
November 14th, 2005, 09:12 AM

Lehigh
@ No. 1 New Hampshire

South Carolina St.
@ Furman

Richmond
@ No. 3 Hampton

Massachusetts
@ Appalachian St.

---------------

Cal Poly
@ No. 2 Montana

Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

Why not send Cal Poly to Texas State and YSU to Montana. Cal Poly has already played Montana this year and the travel makes more sense.

Hansel
November 14th, 2005, 09:17 AM
And how do you think Southern Illinois won't make the playoffs with a win over NDSU; which they are the heavy favorite? .

You're right, we will probably lose by 100, what we we thinking when we scheduled this game ;)

SeattleGriz
November 14th, 2005, 09:26 AM
These have all the picks people are doubting will make it... I think they just plain old suck.

These words could come back to haunt you. NDSU is no pushover.

Ronbo
November 14th, 2005, 09:39 AM
I've seen a lot of posts that have Cal Poly going to Montana for the first round, but I thought the committee tried to avoid the whole "first-round" rematch thing. I like the teams selected, but would flip Cal Poly and maybe EIU. Sure it's not fiscal from the travel standpoint, but it avoids that which the committee has always disliked.

I believe the distance from Illinois and Southern California would be about the same.

MiloCat
November 14th, 2005, 09:47 AM
I believe the distance from Illinois and Southern California would be about the same.

Illinois is a little closer to Iowa than California, though. If it's EIU @ UNI and Cal Poly @ Montana, only one team travels very far. If it's EIU @ Montana and Cal Poly@ UNI, both teams travel. I think that's what bluehen meant. Either way, I don't think Poly goes to Montana.

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2005, 10:17 AM

Lehigh
@ No. 1 New Hampshire

South Carolina St.
@ Furman

Richmond
@ No. 3 Hampton

Massachusetts
@ Appalachian St.

---------------

Cal Poly
@ No. 2 Montana

Eastern Illinois
@ Northern Iowa

Youngstown St.
@ No. 4 Texas St.

Coastal Carolina
@ Georgia Southern

Anybody else notice the seeds are wrong? 1/4 is on one side and 2/3 is on the other. The seeds aren't regionalized.

AppGuy04
November 14th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Anybody else notice the seeds are wrong? 1/4 is on one side and 2/3 is on the other. The seeds aren't regionalized.

Thats why i'm leaving this one alone :confused:

Bobcat94
November 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Hey Bobcat94 here's a UNH fan that thinks your team looks good. Excellent QB and that RB is big and tough and hard to bring down. Great to see them play SFA on TV this weekend.

Thanks dwtime. I'd like to see the Bobcats play some of the teams from the northeast and east. I think there are some good games to be had there. Good luck in the playoffs!!!

nmatsen
November 14th, 2005, 12:20 PM

Ya, get Montana up where they belong and bring down New Hampshire to play UNI in the second round. No offense N.H. but I would much rather travel to your fine stadium than go to Wash Griz again. I have confidence that this UNI team can win on the road but Wash Griz might be a stretch!

GSUhooligan
November 14th, 2005, 12:34 PM
In order for SCSU to get picked, at least two of the following teams have to lose next week:
Nicholls St.
Southern Illinois
Massachusetts
Richmond
Cal Poly
Texas St.
Coastal Carolina

If two of the above teams lose, it's between Colgate and SCSU for the last spot. I think the committee goes with SCSU.

SC State very well could make it in.
VERY possible losers this w/e:
Nicholls St.
S. Illinois
UMASS
Richmond

Only 2 of the 4 very possible losses are needed to get them in. All hell may break loose if all 4 lose. :eek:

GrizSweeper
November 14th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I could see Nicholls St. (assumming they get in) making a trip to missoula, they would send these guys over tx st and poly

FlyYtown
November 14th, 2005, 06:30 PM
These words could come back to haunt you. NDSU is no pushover.

Trust me NDSU Fans I know its not going to be a blowout but SIU has played real well all year long; never was out of any game going into the 4th quarter with exception of the Ill. State blowout..
NDSU needs to do a lot of right things or SIU will win handily...
Just my prediction. And I am a YSU Fan and it be good for an SIU loss; but I just don't see it happening..

GOOD LUCK THOUGH!
btw: I'd love to play the Griz again! That be the playoff game of the first round that would get National Exposure. I talked witha few Grix fans who think any of their games at home would get ESPN; i tend to agree.

placidlakegriz
November 14th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Ya, get Montana up where they belong and bring down New Hampshire to play UNI in the second round. No offense N.H. but I would much rather travel to your fine stadium than go to Wash Griz again. I have confidence that this UNI team can win on the road but Wash Griz might be a stretch!

We want to share a little more love with UNI, come back to visit.

Stang Fever
November 14th, 2005, 08:00 PM
I believe if Poly makes it and Souther Illinois makes it

Poly will play Texas State...and Southern Illinois will play Montana

elkmcc
November 14th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I could see Nicholls St. (assumming they get in) making a trip to missoula, they would send these guys over tx st and poly

I think you are right on the money Sweeper. I might be wrong but I believe Wa/Griz has played host to Southland teams 4 of the last 5 years in the opening round. YSU in '03 was the exception Nicholls has been to Wa/Griz before, in '96 I believe. Southland teams haven't fared well in Missoula. Northwestern State made a good showing once but got it handed to them last year in the opening round in Missoula. SHSU followed suit 2 weeks later in the semi's. It would probably a good thing for SLC teams to stay as far away from Wa/Griz as possible, especially with a name like the Bobcats.

Nike
November 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I believe if Poly makes it and Souther Illinois makes it

Poly will play Texas State...and Southern Illinois will play Montana
I agree