PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any one player from another team.....

WOCO
November 20th, 2008, 05:23 PM
If you could have any one player from another FCS team other than a QB, who would it be? Who would take your team over the top?

ToTheLeft
November 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I would take Romans, the LB from Laffy. Kid was sick, all over the field.

MaximumBobcat
November 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Whoever the best DT in FCS is...I have no idea who that would be, but putting major pressure on the other teams QB would do nothing but help your team.

rcny46
November 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I don't know if he would take UNH over the top,but I really feel that we could use a beast on the D line,somebody who could consistently put pressure on the opposing QB,so Jovan Belcher -UMaine- comes to mind.I'm sure there are a lot of DE's in 1-AA who would fit that description,but I'll limit my choice to someone I've seen play and he's impressed me a lot.

crusader11
November 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I'd probably take Romans too. Our Linebackers have been depleted by injuries this year, and having his stud in the middle of the defense and field for us would unquestionably help us against Colgate, and hopefully beyond.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm sure most GSU fans would agree we need an RB so I guess I would go with Larry Warner.

AlphaSigMD
November 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
How about Hudgins from Elon. I think he'd make for a pretty good addition to our passing game.

Silenoz
November 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Whoever the best corner in the nation is. I'd have to research it

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Seconded on Belcher.

LehighFan11
November 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I'll just take Armanti, maybe we could beat Lafayette then.

Edit: I obviously didn't read the question. I would probably take a RB then.

WOCO
November 20th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'll just take Armanti, maybe we could beat Lafayette then.

Edit: I obviously didn't read the question. I would probably take a RB then.

I think 95% of us would take armanti. That's why I Took the QB out.

joecooll6
November 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
A good wide reciever. Obviously we lost our two best ones so we could use a new one. Who has a sweet wide reciever out there?

beauvighn
November 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Give me Chris Covington from GSU. The kid is a football player. One of the only guys I've seen this year make open field tackles on AE.

B&G
November 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I'll echo the sentiment of the other App poster and pick a WR but I'll go with Andre Roberts over Hudgins b/c Roberts would also give us a dynamic punt returner. Our current punt returners give me a heart attack every time they're around the ball.

UMass922
November 20th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Whoever the best DT in FCS is...

Same here. For our purposes, a DT who can help stuff the run.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
For those of you wanting a DT I think Everette Pedescleaux is one of the best.

For us, however, I would take Ramses Barden.

Cobblestone
November 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I'd take Monmouth RB David Sinisi. He impressed the hell out of me with his running style. I'd love to see him and Casey in the same backfield.

blitz4
November 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM
AE. Wow that was a tough one. Can you imagine him running the option at wofford??? scary.

catamount man
November 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Brian Quick from Appalachian State.

catbob
November 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ramses Barden. We need a WR threat something fierce, and it don't get not threatier than Barden.

KiddBrewer
November 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM
AE. Wow that was a tough one. Can you imagine him running the option at wofford??? scary.

can't choose a QB.....however, i guess you could count him as an "athlete"xrolleyesx

blitz4
November 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
you would take brian quick over AE? Are you serious?

blitz4
November 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I misread the part about it cant be a qb. I will still take him as a halfback.

sharkeycox
November 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Nathan Brown from Central Arkansasxbowx

Hoyadestroya85
November 20th, 2008, 08:57 PM
ramses barden

appstate38
November 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
With a shout out to my JMU brothers.... How can you guys pass on Scottie McGee??? I will take him. Game changer every time he touches the ball. Not to mention how he can get you into great field postion. Come on people.

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hudgins, put him on one side, and Roberts on the other.

proasu89
November 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Hudgins, put him on one side, and Roberts on the other.

and Quick in the slotxpeacex

South Carolina Duke
November 20th, 2008, 09:16 PM
With a shout out to my JMU brothers.... How can you guys pass on Scottie McGee??? I will take him. Game changer every time he touches the ball. Not to mention how he can get you into great field postion. Come on people.

Finally,

a VOICE of REASON.

rcny46
November 20th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I'd take Monmouth RB David Sinisi. He impressed the hell out of me with his running style. I'd love to see him and Casey in the same backfield.

I wouldn't. xeekx :D

skinny_uncle
November 20th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Herb Donaldson (WIU)

SeattleGriz
November 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I think 95% of us would take armanti. That's why I Took the QB out.

If you run the offense that Armanti runs, then sure, but he doesn't fit into 95% off all offensive systems.

Shellin
November 20th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't mind having Greg Peach at a DE spot for the Griz.

appmountaineer
November 20th, 2008, 11:04 PM

I'm going to agree, the player i want most would be Scottie McGee. Probably the best return man playing college football right now.

Poly Pigskin
November 20th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'd take a place kicker. Any place kicker really, I can't imagine there are many worse that ours now.

SLOSTYLE
November 20th, 2008, 11:15 PM
second

WOCO
November 21st, 2008, 06:09 AM
If you run the offense that Armanti runs, then sure, but he doesn't fit into 95% off all offensive systems.

You haven't seen him play huh? He can Pass for 350 or run for 200, or both in one game if you like.

appstate38
November 21st, 2008, 07:25 AM

Can you name 1??? All offenses throw and run correct???? So which ones wouldn't he fit into??? This should be good.

appfan2008
November 21st, 2008, 07:30 AM
:D I WOULD KEEP THE ROSTER JUST THE WAY IT IS :D

SideLine Shooter
November 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
I'm going to agree, the player i want most would be Scottie McGee. Probably the best return man playing college football right now.

Absolutely, without a doubt.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 08:32 AM
Can you name 1??? All offenses throw and run correct???? So which ones wouldn't he fit into??? This should be good.Weber State.

Armanti would be WR before replacing Higgins at QB. Higgins is having a Payton upset year, what with everyone already handing the award to Armanti.

Hell, even throw him into Montana's offense, and he doesn't do as well as he could if we were running a spread option with the right personnel. We don't have the smaller, faster O-Linemen that could make his style of play work.

Come on, guys. Armanti is one of the best athletes in college football, but he's also in a system that allows him to thrive. If Jerry Moore hadn't adopted the spread offense, Armanti would probably be a wide receiver if he still ended up at ASU.

As for this particular question, I'd take Ramses Barden.

Mariani, Ferriter, Barden: Game over.

However, I also like an above answer, too. I'd also take the best CB in FCS at this point, too. (This might end up being Trumaine Johnson in a few years. xnodx)

pokum88
November 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM
L Webb from Nicholls St.

wocterrier
November 21st, 2008, 08:46 AM
Any kicker that can kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs.

appfan2008
November 21st, 2008, 08:58 AM
i guess you other app fans would be right... magee would be the guy to get bc if we have him then you can add 7 points to us in the jmu game and take 7 from them... and that works for me...

AshevilleApp
November 21st, 2008, 09:11 AM

At first I thought about McGee, but honestly our major weakness this year is the kicking game.....I'd go for Wilcox or another top level kicker.....we miss Rauch BADLY :(

eaglewithabus
November 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hudgins from elon.

AshevilleApp
November 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Weber State.

Armanti would be WR before replacing Higgins at QB. Higgins is having a Payton upset year, what with everyone already handing the award to Armanti.

Hell, even throw him into Montana's offense, and he doesn't do as well as he could if we were running a spread option with the right personnel. We don't have the smaller, faster O-Linemen that could make his style of play work.

Come on, guys. Armanti is one of the best athletes in college football, but he's also in a system that allows him to thrive. If Jerry Moore hadn't adopted the spread offense, Armanti would probably be a wide receiver if he still ended up at ASU.

As for this particular question, I'd take Ramses Barden.

Mariani, Ferriter, Barden: Game over.

However, I also like an above answer, too. I'd also take the best CB in FCS at this point, too. (This might end up being Trumaine Johnson in a few years. xnodx)

How about this....Higgins as the pocket passer with Armanti lined up next to him as the option? xeekx xeekx xeekx pass, wait, run, no pass, wait ...game over

The playbook would be wide-open

mcveyrl
November 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
Like some others have said, I would go with a real lock down corner, he can open your defense up to a lot of other possibilities.

ur2k
November 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
I'd like McGee. A kickoff return team of him and Justin Rogers would be unbelievable ... pick your poison. We'd get the ball at the 40 after every kickoff.

beauvighn
November 21st, 2008, 09:30 AM
Any kicker that can kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs.

Amen to that Brother xbowx xbowx xbowx

CharlestonAppFan
November 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Like some others have said, I would go with a real lock down corner, he can open your defense up to a lot of other possibilities.

Like Cortez Gilbert :D Both Hudgins and Roberts were held to very less than stellar days (excluding the TD from Hudgins although he only caught a couple of passes against us). I'm not sure and I'm not looking it up, but I would think that we held both of them to their season lows this year

Give me Chris Covington from GSU. The kid is a football player. One of the only guys I've seen this year make open field tackles on AE.

I would definitely take this guy also xnodx I think our offense is just fine but this addition would definitely give ASU another snot inducing hitter opposite Legree

89Hen
November 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
If you could have any one player from another FCS team other than a QB, who would it be? Who would take your team over the top?
But what if that's the #1 need? xoopsx

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Any D lineman. That's the only thing our defense is missing really.

jmufan999
November 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM
the guys that stick out to me don't really fit our run first system.

but i'm a sucker for good WR's. the kid from UMass (Victor something? right?) was really good. same with the Richmond WR. Brian Quick is raw but he's only a freshman so he's only going to get better. i'd probably want a great LB since D.J. Brandon was our best defensive player before losing him for the season... but i have no idea who some great LB's are. there is way too little exposure of FCS.

gabe01
November 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM

Armanti Edwards. If NDSU had him as their QB, we would be undefeated right now and we'd be talking about who our first home game would be against at the dome.

Now we need to win and have a bunch of other teams lose to even be considered for the last spot.

BarefootApp
November 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
Marc Mariani...not that we need him all that much, but I owe him a favor....and he is solid.

DuckDuckGriz
November 21st, 2008, 11:28 AM
Ramses Barden would be sweet

elcid96
November 21st, 2008, 11:31 AM
I'll take the best kicker out there. Any suggestions?

AppAlum2003
November 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Like Cortez Gilbert :D Both Hudgins and Roberts were held to very less than stellar days (excluding the TD from Hudgins although he only caught a couple of passes against us). I'm not sure and I'm not looking it up, but I would think that we held both of them to their season lows this year

I would definitely take this guy also xnodx I think our offense is just fine but this addition would definitely give ASU another snot inducing hitter opposite Legree

Combined, Cortez held Hudgins and Roberts to 75 yards receiving and 1 TD. C'mon everyone... let me see your "impressed" face.

BULLDOG8180
November 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Combined, Cortez held Hudgins and Roberts to 75 yards receiving and 1 TD. C'mon everyone... let me see your "impressed" face.

Roberts had 6 catches for 52 yards. Lowest yardage for the year.
2 Punt returns- 58 yds, 1 50 yder for a TD.

Didn't shut him down, but did contain him.

jaxstatealum
November 21st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Running Back - David Sinisi, Monmouth

phoenixphanatic21
November 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
I'll take the best kicker out there. Any suggestions?

Andrew Wilcox pre-App game

DLS
November 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
app needs a scottie mcgee like tits need a nipple.

we need a kicker too but since our 20yds out/td percentage is like 90% or something, its not really a big deal.

URMite
November 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM

but i'm a sucker for good WR's. the kid from UMass (Victor something? right?) was really good. same with the Richmond WR. Brian Quick is raw but he's only a freshman so he's only going to get better. i'd probably want a great LB since D.J. Brandon was our best defensive player before losing him for the season... but i have no idea who some great LB's are. there is way too little exposure of FCS.

Is that Gray or Grayson? How about if we put Ramses Barden on opposite sideline?

If Rogers didn't do such a great job, I'd take McGee.

Laserlips
November 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM
FWIW:

I'd like Jayson Foster (back) from the New England Patriot practice squad. xbowx

Jesse

UMass922
November 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM

but i'm a sucker for good WR's. the kid from UMass (Victor something? right?) was really good.

Victor Cruz . . . one of our few true bright spots this season.

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2008, 06:07 PM
For those of you wanting a DT I think Everette Pedescleaux is one of the best.

For us, however, I would take Ramses Barden.

I would take Greg Peach and put him in with Pedescleaux & Ruffin. You would have 5-6 or 6 blocking 3 every play.

Maroon&White
November 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM

Sean Smalls for UMass held Crabtree to a season low 62yds. Did give up 1 TD on a 2yd catch. One screen for 26yds didn't help the total. :(

His career low was 61yds last year against Baylor.

txst_wtc
November 21st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Lardarius Webb. Safety. Nicholls st. If we had a safety we'd be dangerous and hes a good one.

AppAlum2003
November 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM
FWIW:

I'd like Jayson Foster (back) from the New England Patriot practice squad. xbowx

Jesse

Why? He didn't get you to the playoffs, either.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 21st, 2008, 10:51 PM
Come on, Armanti Edwards everytime!

Poly Pigskin
November 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM
Come on, Armanti Edwards everytime!

8 pages in and people still can't read. xreadx xrulesx

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
8 pages in and people still can't read. xreadx xrulesxI'm pretty sure they're just reading the title, and not the first post.

Poly Pigskin
November 21st, 2008, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure they're just reading the title, and not the first post.

I have difficulty getting through 2 sentences too. I thought it was just my state school edumacation though.

asucrutch23
November 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Ramses Barden. Can you imagine the 6-5 Quick on one side and the 6-6 Barden on the other with Armanti at QB??

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Not to mention CoCo in the slot... wow

Baldy
November 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM

He's one hell of a RB too. xthumbsupx

UNCBears2010
November 21st, 2008, 11:41 PM
Greg Peach would be nice at DE, but we need a kicker/punter badly, so I'd take one of those.

Since UNC is so bad, can we have both Peach and a kicker?:D