PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS STATE Stadium Renovation

txphi592
November 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM
As part of "The Drive" to FBS, below are some renderings of stadium renovations that will be completed in phases.

Phase I (completion 2009)

http://www.bobcatfans.com/forums/download/file.php?id=97

All Phases Completed
http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/stadium_master_small.jpg

bobcatfan06
November 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
It's a pipe dream. And I'm a Bobcat fan.

slycat
November 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
That would look real nice. We are in desperate need of better press boxes.

MaximumBobcat
November 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
It took us so long to get started on our new baseball and softball complex, I don't know how they plan to get a new pressbox (thats what the top pic is right?) built by 2009. Oh well, nothing I can do but sit back and watch...

tingly
November 20th, 2008, 05:52 PM
looks like 3 stories of luxury suites. I imagine there's a press box and coach boxes in there somewhere.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 20th, 2008, 08:01 PM
This may be a dumb question, but where exactly is the Phase I part in the "phase complete" picture? is this the area behind the current scoreboard/videoboard or is the the view from behind the east/west part of the stadium (i.e. from the tailgate areas)? or is it an addition to the end zone complex??

it looks like a hybrid of all three. haha.

McNeese75
November 20th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Haven't we already done this xconfusedx

slycat
November 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Haven't we already done this xconfusedx

No. Before was just a stadium picture. Now this is showing what is "going to be done by 2009".

NoCoDanny
November 20th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Cue that Sam Houston guy having a hissy fit...

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 20th, 2008, 08:30 PM

xlolx xlolx

xwhistlex ooooooh terrrrooooorrr! xwhistlex

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Why? Because we have yet another Bobcat fan posting the same pictures that have been seen on this board several times? Not worth my breath...xrolleyesx

BEAR
November 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
By 2009? Um...Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't believe that stadium will be built in a month...xlolx Just kidding, hope you guys can get something that nice..xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
November 20th, 2008, 09:43 PM
No. Before was just a stadium picture. Now this is showing what is "going to be done by 2009-ish"

fixed xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
November 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Damn that's real nice. Good luck getting that built. I'd love to play a game there sometime.

slycat
November 20th, 2008, 09:48 PM
By 2009? Um...Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't believe that stadium will be built in a month...xlolx Just kidding, hope you guys can get something that nice..xthumbsupx

Its not the whole stadium only the press box. But I'm not holding my breath on that either.

ValleyChamp
November 20th, 2008, 09:57 PM
That looks amazing if it does actually get built. How much would the proposed capacity be? It looks huge.

slycat
November 20th, 2008, 10:07 PM
That looks amazing if it does actually get built. How much would the proposed capacity be? It looks huge.

I want to say 35,000

Zoo
November 20th, 2008, 10:20 PM

I agree. That'll be a great stadium if it gets done. Plus, there'll be no track.

McNeese75
November 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Crickets are gonna sound really good in there :D xpeacex

th0m
November 21st, 2008, 01:41 AM
It took ASU (is taking, actually) a long time to erect a similarly sized pressbox-structure..2009 seems very ambitious. Any other pics? And what is the cost of this? Finances all taken care of?

txphi592
November 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
This isn't a "if", this is 100% and funds are in place. The only question is if it will be fully completed by game day 2009. They are not messing around with these stadiums, especially with the Fields donors holding them accountable.

SM_Bobcat
November 21st, 2008, 02:59 PM
It took ASU (is taking, actually) a long time to erect a similarly sized pressbox-structure..2009 seems very ambitious. Any other pics? And what is the cost of this? Finances all taken care of?

Actually it is not near as ambitious as it sounds. The plan is actually just to build the suites on top of the current press box and to add columns for support. They are not planning on tearing down the existing press box.

Cat79
November 22nd, 2008, 07:34 AM
The money is there for the taking if the administration asks. The phase one is to be done before next season. The phase two is set for 2010.

TXST_CAT
November 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
It took us so long to get started on our new baseball and softball complex, I don't know how they plan to get a new pressbox (thats what the top pic is right?) built by 2009. Oh well, nothing I can do but sit back and watch...

Two things that are different about this project and the Baseball fields, Funds. The baseball fields took forever to get started because there was little to no financial support. With the student fee increase and the Fields Family donating to the Project I see this starting very soon. If we win today this could really get kicked into high gear. xnodx