PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-22

JALMOND
November 20th, 2008, 01:18 AM
As the season winds down, there is still football to be played within the conference. Four more games are on the docket, with Northern Arizona being the only team on the golf course right now. It goes without saying that all the teams would like a win to head into the offseason. Montana and Weber State will more than likely continue in the playoffs, but the rest of us will be home for Thanksgiving. Right now, I sit at 53-11 for the year and hoping for another perfect week. Here are this week's Big Sky predictions. All are only my opinion, and all are open for discussion (some more than others).

EWU @ WSU---What a difference a year makes. A year ago, the Eagles were coasting towards the playoffs and the Wildcats were hoping to go out with a bang. Now, the roles are reversed. The Eagles come in to the game on a roll after a home win over Northern Arizona, and the Wildcats welcome them with a chance to run the table in conference play. Still, don't think this game will be easy...WSU 28, EWU 22.

UNC @ PSU---What a game this will be. The Bears and Vikings (it even sounds like a rivalry) will be fighting it out to see who will...end up as the better bottom buster. Should be a great one (yeah)...PSU 24, UNC 21.

Sac State @ ISU---Wasn't that long ago that, if you said one team was winless and one was playing good football, people would think the Hornets were the winless team and the Bengals were playing good football. The Hornets have been on a roll lately and the Bengals have been on the wrong type of roll. Still, cannot have a team go winless can we? Weird things happen in that barn...ISU 20, Sac State 15.

and finally...The Brawl of the Wild (or commonly called Cat-Griz)

MSU @ UM---Throw out all that has happened all season as these two just go out and hit each other. Both defenses are playing great and the Griz offense is playing pretty decent, too. The Cats would like nothing more than to put a sliver of doubt in the Griz as the Griz head into the playoffs. Hey, a Cat win would put them in a tie with the Griz for second place in the conference. How's that for incentive? Well, they might need a little more...UM 16, MSU 12.

mvemjsunpx
November 20th, 2008, 03:19 AM
No write up for me this time, just quick picks…

Northern Colorado 35—45 Portland St.

Sac State 38—20 Idaho St.

Eastern Washington 16—35 Weber St.

Montana St. 14—36 Montana

Peems
November 20th, 2008, 03:49 AM

I don't think the Griz will win by that much, but will be pleasantly surprised if they do. I expect a 10 point win or so

mvemjsunpx
November 20th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I don't think the Griz will win by that much, but will be pleasantly surprised if they do. I expect a 10 point win or so

I don't see the Bobcat offense doing a whole lot, so that should give the offense & special teams plenty of chances. I figured in a blocked punt for a safety, too (& a missed PAT).

I Bleed Purple
November 20th, 2008, 05:22 AM
As the season winds down, there is still football to be played within the conference. Four more games are on the docket, with Northern Arizona being the only team on the golf course right now. It goes without saying that all the teams would like a win to head into the offseason. Montana and Weber State will more than likely continue in the playoffs, but the rest of us will be home for Thanksgiving. Right now, I sit at 53-11 for the year and hoping for another perfect week. Here are this week's Big Sky predictions. All are only my opinion, and all are open for discussion (some more than others).

EWU @ WSU---What a difference a year makes. A year ago, the Eagles were coasting towards the playoffs and the Wildcats were hoping to go out with a bang. Now, the roles are reversed. The Eagles come in to the game on a roll after a home win over Northern Arizona, and the Wildcats welcome them with a chance to run the table in conference play. Still, don't think this game will be easy...WSU 28, EWU 22.

UNC @ PSU---What a game this will be. The Bears and Vikings (it even sounds like a rivalry) will be fighting it out to see who will...end up as the better bottom buster. Should be a great one (yeah)...PSU 24, UNC 21.

Sac State @ ISU---Wasn't that long ago that, if you said one team was winless and one was playing good football, people would think the Hornets were the winless team and the Bengals were playing good football. The Hornets have been on a roll lately and the Bengals have been on the wrong type of roll. Still, cannot have a team go winless can we? Weird things happen in that barn...ISU 20, Sac State 15.

MSU @ UM---Throw out all that has happened all season as these two just go out and hit each other. Both defenses are playing great and the Griz offense is playing pretty decent, too. The Cats would like nothing more than to put a sliver of doubt in the Griz as the Griz head into the playoffs. Hey, a Cat win would put them in a tie with the Griz for second place in the conference. How's that for incentive? Well, they might need a little more...UM 16, MSU 12.

Don't you mean airplane hangar?

bpcats
November 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM
EWU vs Weber - I'll go with Weber. This is their one chance to win the conference outright and receive a seed in the playoffs. They lose and UM gets the seed and the home playoff game. EWU 24 Weber 35

Sac State @ Idaho - when you bring in 19 transfers in one year and have injuries to boot there is nothing to grasp onto in tough times. Sac State continues to roll but it will be a close game 24-14.

UNC at PSU - I don't know what has happened at UNC. They started off playing strong even w/o the winning record and have slowly gone downhill. Portland wins this one at home and UNC can't capitalize on their running game. Portland 28-UNC 21

MSU @ UM - Typical storyline going into the Cat/Griz game.

UM has gotten better as their young guys have matured. The offense for the Griz is very balanced and very explosive with Mauriani creating havoc. Simple fact the Griz just win..on a good day by a lot and on a bad day by at least 2 scores. Their stadium will be rocking and will probably cause around 4 false starts.

MSU on the other hand started off the season with arguably the best front seven in the conference only to see them fielding their 2nd, 3rd and
4th stringers in recent games to cover for all the injuries. As the season has progressed the young guys have come along nicely and held their own. MSU is still in the top two in the conference for total defense.

On offense MSU has been able to run the ball from the beginning of the season. The passing game is averaging barely 150 yds a game and been very inconsistent resulting in some early season losses to Weber and EWU. Our 3rd string qb will have to have great game as UM will stack the line to stop the run. The one thing about this team is that they have been in playoff mode for five weeks running and are playing with a great confidence that comes from winning even when half your starters are gone.

For UM to lose this game would mean that they are having around 4 turnovers and goofy stuff happens. I expect a close first half then an explosion of points by UM in the second half . Cole has a big day. UM 41 MSU 20

uofmman1122
November 20th, 2008, 06:54 AM
UM 41 MSU 20What an original score. xrolleyesx

xlolxxlolxxlolx

gbhmt
November 20th, 2008, 10:16 AM
An interesting week this week, there really isn't a single gimme in the bunch.

EWU @ WSU- EWU gets the advantage of momentum after their win last week as opposed to WSU's bye, but WSU gets the advantage of inspiration. They're about to make history for their program. They're rolling. They're going to make noise in the playoffs. But boy are those Eagles pissed. They won't go quietly. WSU 35 - EWU 28

UNC @ PSU- Probably the easiest pick. PSU's offense is productive but boy is it a mess when you don't know who's going to be playing QB at any given minute. I think the lack of stability has hurt them. UNC is tough, and they can win if Waggener has an outstanding game on the ground. I'm betting on PSU though. PSU 31 - UNC 20

Sac State @ ISU- Idaho State just can't play defense. Decent offense with no help on the other side of the ball. Sac State is a decent football team who's had a great year this year. They'll end on a good note. Sac State 24 - ISU 17

Brawl of the Wild:
Griz: The Grizzlies have been a force to reckon with since the game at Weber. When Bergquist is on, which is most of the time, he's unstoppable with the kind of receiving corps he's got. The run game is now simple: it's average with Schmidt, it's very very difficult to defend with Reynolds. The O-line can get him to the second level, and he's as good as they come once he gets there. Expect the Cats to blitz and stack the box, but then you get guys like Mariani in one-on-one coverage. It's a win-win situation for the Griz offense. Defense is just plain stout all-around. The Griz might be hurt by the loss of Trumaine Johnson, the star freshman corner, but his replacement is great as well and Swink should be playing.

Cats: The Cats' strenghts are simple: they've got a balanced, excellent defense (especially commendable amongst their injuries) and a stud running back. He's similar to the Griz's Reynolds but with a little less power and a little more speed. If the Griz D-line doesn't step it up he will have a good game, but big runs might not happen as much in weeks past with the best safety in the nation roaming in the secondary. Nevertheless, Crawford will have a great game, at least 100+. Unfortunately for the Cats, their offense is painfully one-dimensional. This wouldn't be as much of the case if they had their first or second string QB, but as good as Desin may be, a single game's experience doesn't prepare someone for the Cat/Griz game, particularly when it's away. The Cats will have to run all day, and the Griz will know what's coming.

All in all, I think that the versatility of the Griz offense will be too much for the Cats on defense, and the Griz will know exactly what to expect from the Cats on offense. It's hard fought to the end. UM 24 - MSU 14

Montanan
November 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
anymore I get nervous when I see a redheaded QB lining up opposite the Griz!

SactoHornetFan
November 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM

You picked against us where our defense (not withstanding the two short field scores our offense gave UNC) has been lights out the last three weeks and our offense has been on a roll (see Jason Smith, Tony Washington and Bryan Hilliard)....we are going to torch that defense that is last in the FCS in total defense and pass efficiency defense and 113th out of 118 in rushing defense.

The Hornets go out in style in this one 38-14.

Grizaholic17
November 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM
EWU - 28 @ WSU - 27

UNC - 21 @ PSU - 41

Sac State - 24 @ ISU - 10

MSU - 14 @ UM - 28

EWU @ WSU- Look for a tight game as Eastern Washington looks to upset the top ranked Weber State Wildcats. EWU had high hopes, I think the weather permitting, the running game will really take foot for EWU and the defense will hold it's own. EWU 28 WSU 24

UNC @ PSU- Northern Colorado is looking to next year...again. Best of luck cubbies. PSU 31 UNC 21

Sac State @ ISU- Those Bengals want that one win, but we'll see if they can pull it out in front of there hundreds of fans. Best of luck bungles, but Sac State isn't a slouch. Sac State 24 ISU 21

MSU @ UM- Not much to say. Hard fought game where anything can happen. GO GRIZ. UM 31 MSU 21

CopperCat
November 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I predict that nobody will give MSU a chance.

Oh wait, that's already happening.xcoffeex

Has anybody been paying any attention to Crawford's numbers the past few weeks? POW two times in a row, run over around and through NAU's defense, then shredded PSU's the very next week. Desin at QB means big plays. The kicker ("Sunshine" Cunningham) is damn near perfect this year, and in spite of injuries abound the defense STILL manages to get the job done.

MSU 31
UM 28

gbhmt
November 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM

Has anybody been paying any attention to Crawford's numbers the past few weeks? POW two times in a row, run over around and through NAU's defense, then shredded PSU's the very next week. Desin at QB means big plays. The kicker ("Sunshine" Cunningham) is damn near perfect this year, and in spite of injuries abound the defense STILL manages to get the job done.

MSU 31
UM 28

Yeah we've been paying attention. Have you been paying attention to Chase Reynolds? He's gotten consecutive POW awards too. Crawford's good. He hasn't done anything Chase hasn't already. So we've got it too. And Desin may make some big plays. But he's not Cole Bergquist. Your kicker is about the only great thing you've got that we don't have too.

CopperCat
November 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah we've been paying attention. Have you been paying attention to Chase Reynolds? He's gotten consecutive POW awards too. Crawford's good. He hasn't done anything Chase hasn't already. So we've got it too. And Desin may make some big plays. But he's not Cole Bergquist. Your kicker is about the only great thing you've got that we don't have too.

One thing we DO have is fanbase that isn't completely overrun by morons.

But that is really neither here nor there. Ironic that our kicker is better than yours. Maybe OUR kicker will be bailing us out at the end of game this time. THAT would be even more ironic.xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I hope the cats cough the ball up as much as they do hair balls :D

technocat
November 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
EWU over WEBER - How those eagles love to play the underdog.
SAC over ISU - Sorry the bengals just have nothing going their way.
PSU over UNC - Bears will have to wait till next year to show their improvement.

CAT/GRIZ : Have to throw everything out the window for this one. You know both teams really want this win (no matter what the fizz fans are saying). Both are a little banged up with the griz a little better off but the cats have been playing for their lives(if not the playoffs) the past few weeks and like in 2005 I think pride wins out and MSU brings the heat. Hard fought game with MSU sealing the win on a last second int for a td (retoriano/daly)!!!

Cats 31 over Griz 21

wapiti
November 20th, 2008, 02:34 PM
WSU 35, EWU 24. EWU has been playing better on the road this year , but WSU is even better.

PSU 35, UNC 27. PSU's offense out scores UNC

ISU 20, Sac State 28. Sac state is much improved this year, ISU has been terrible.

UM 35, MSU 24 MSU has been playing great ball with players out with injuries, but the Griz are tough at home.

catatac
November 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM
EWU vs Weber - I'll go with Weber. This is their one chance to win the conference outright and receive a seed in the playoffs. They lose and UM gets the seed and the home playoff game. EWU 24 Weber 35

Sac State @ Idaho - when you bring in 19 transfers in one year and have injuries to boot there is nothing to grasp onto in tough times. Sac State continues to roll but it will be a close game 24-14.

UNC at PSU - I don't know what has happened at UNC. They started off playing strong even w/o the winning record and have slowly gone downhill. Portland wins this one at home and UNC can't capitalize on their running game. Portland 28-UNC 21

MSU @ UM - Typical storyline going into the Cat/Griz game.

UM has gotten better as their young guys have matured. The offense for the Griz is very balanced and very explosive with Mauriani creating havoc. Simple fact the Griz just win..on a good day by a lot and on a bad day by at least 2 scores. Their stadium will be rocking and will probably cause around 4 false starts.

MSU on the other hand started off the season with arguably the best front seven in the conference only to see them fielding their 2nd, 3rd and
4th stringers in recent games to cover for all the injuries. As the season has progressed the young guys have come along nicely and held their own. MSU is still in the top two in the conference for total defense.

On offense MSU has been able to run the ball from the beginning of the season. The passing game is averaging barely 150 yds a game and been very inconsistent resulting in some early season losses to Weber and EWU. Our 3rd string qb will have to have great game as UM will stack the line to stop the run. The one thing about this team is that they have been in playoff mode for five weeks running and are playing with a great confidence that comes from winning even when half your starters are gone.

For UM to lose this game would mean that they are having around 4 turnovers and goofy stuff happens. I expect a close first half then an explosion of points by UM in the second half . Cole has a big day. UM 41 MSU 20

No way they put up 41 on is this year... I don't care how banged up we are on D... ain't gonna happen. Unless we give them the ball 4 times... then it could happen, hopefully we won't.

I Bleed Purple
November 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
UM is the better team, so I'd expect them to win. Rivalries tend to skew the MOV more than the winner, methinks.

ISU is no good, so they lose.

PSU-UNC: Both had surprisingly close losses in Ogden. The close margin was fluky for UNC, and PSU went down 31 before showing up. Less fluky for PSU. In fact, no fluke at all. They took Weber to the woodshed for the last 27 minutes of the game. PSU wins.

Ah yes, the EWU/WSU game. I'd expect Screamin' to predict an Eagles win. I'd probably chastise him if he didn't. What I do question though, is whether those who pick against Weber this week, who incidentally have been all Griz fans, are picking with hopes of sharing a conference title, or believe that Weber really will lose on Saturday.

I'd say the former.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 20th, 2008, 03:39 PM
UM is the better team, so I'd expect them to win. Rivalries tend to skew the MOV more than the winner, methinks.

PSU-UNC: Both had surprisingly close losses in Ogden. The close margin was fluky for UNC, and PSU went down 31 before showing up. Less fluky for PSU. In fact, no fluke at all. They took Weber to the woodshed for the last 27 minutes of the game. PSU wins.

Ah yes, the EWU/WSU game. I'd expect Screamin' to predict an Eagles win. I'd probably chastise him if he didn't. What I do question though, is whether those who pick against Weber this week, who incidentally have been all Griz fans, are picking with hopes of sharing a conference title, or believe that Weber really will lose on Saturday.

I'd say the former.

I think Weber wins it, it will just be a matter of will Eastern make it a game or not. They have been streaky and are capable, just can't tell who will show up. The time for me to want Weber to loose for Griz reasons was a while ago, I want them to win now xnodx

gbhmt
November 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM

But that is really neither here nor there. Ironic that our kicker is better than yours. Maybe OUR kicker will be bailing us out at the end of game this time. THAT would be even more ironic.xlolx

Your argument in this post: Our kicker is the only thing that's better than yours so I'm going to avoid the subject of football and issue an empty statement regarding the Griz fanbase.

Boy I don't know how to beat that. That's tough to top.xlolx

Silenoz
November 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Well at least we have a tunnel! And mascots doing flips!

:p

Grizaholic17
November 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM

MSU 31
UM 28

I give the Cats credit...but I won't budge on the fact that they are losing this weekend

CrazyCat
November 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Well at least we have a tunnel! And mascots doing flips!

:p

I kinda like our tunnel :)

GolfingGriz
November 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM

I would throw up your team too

GolfingGriz
November 20th, 2008, 06:32 PM
WSU 45 EWU 24

CSUS 24 ISU 13

PSU 41 UNC 28

UM 26 MSU 10

CopperCat
November 20th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Your argument in this post: Our kicker is the only thing that's better than yours so I'm going to avoid the subject of football and issue an empty statement regarding the Griz fanbase.

Boy I don't know how to beat that. That's tough to top.xlolx

Judging by your character, I would say that my statement has at least a little merit to it.

Now finish your homework junior, otherwise you'll miss the game altogether.

gbhmt
November 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Judging by your character, I would say that my statement has at least a little merit to it.

Now finish your homework junior, otherwise you'll miss the game altogether.

I'm still waiting for you to say something relevant. I've got some good points but I figure I'll save them for when I actually need them.

Edit: In summary, quit being a troll. Everyone else in the Cat/Griz thread and this one has been engaged in intelligent football discussion. Care to join us?

MTGrizzFan
November 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Looks like a cat hacking up a hairball.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM

If Weber loses, they will share the conference title (pending MSU doesn't beat the griz), however UM wouldn't get the seed because of the head to head win by Weber.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM

I'd say the former.

Chastise me all you want, but I have a gut feeling Weber has our number this year. They beat us for our homecoming game a couple years back during our playoff season with Erik Meyer at the helm. However I think we will make a game out of it, as we play much better as the underdog, and we have nothing left to play for other than pride... which can light a fire under teams.

WSU 35, EWU 31

GOKATS
November 20th, 2008, 10:31 PM
If Weber loses, they will share the conference title (pending MSU doesn't beat the griz), however UM wouldn't get the seed because of the head to head win by Weber.

If you believe that you believe in Santa Clause. If WSU loses (which I don't think will happen) and the griz win (which may or not happen) my guess is that the seed will go to the griz- winning the auto-bid doesn't guarantee a seed especially if the griz are involved (not saying it's right, just the way it is). I expect WSU will win and should earn a seed.

gbhmt
November 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM
If you believe that you believe in Santa Clause. If WSU loses (which I don't think will happen) and the griz win (which may or not happen) my guess is that the seed will go to the griz- winning the auto-bid doesn't guarantee a seed especially if the griz are involved (not saying it's right, just the way it is). I expect WSU will win and should earn a seed.

Another factor, however, is that if WSU does lose, they drop significantly in the polls. And that makes the Griz loss look worse.

already123
November 20th, 2008, 10:43 PM
...And the best part about this weekend is that we cant lose! xthumbsupx

MTGrizzFan
November 20th, 2008, 10:58 PM

lol...Way to stay positive!

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 01:25 AM
Another factor, however, is that if WSU does lose, they drop significantly in the polls. And that makes the Griz loss look worse.

That's on the same line of something I said in another thread.

If Weber loses (& Montana wins), that might actually hurt Montana's chance at a seed because Weber may still be considered ahead of Montana thanks to the head-to-head win.

It happened in 2006 when Montana State got in the playoffs ahead of Portland State because of a head-to-head win even though PSU's credentials were otherwise far superior. Weber's credentials—even if they lose—would be closer to Montana's than MSU's were to PSU's 2 years ago.

Catbooster
November 21st, 2008, 02:17 AM
I disagree that PSU's credentials were far superior in '06. We had beaten Colorado and shut out PSU in the head to head. Fairly similar as far as I was concerned with the head to head giving us the edge.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2008, 02:27 AM

Can't win either. xrulesx

Had to. xthumbsupx

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 03:27 AM
I disagree that PSU's credentials were far superior in '06. We had beaten Colorado and shut out PSU in the head to head. Fairly similar as far as I was concerned with the head to head giving us the edge.

Not really. Take away the FBS losses & PSU was 7-2 while MSU was 7-4. The Vikings actually had a better FBS win (bowl-bound New Mexico) while the Bobcats had a DII loss (Chadron). The irony is that, if Montana State had done as expected & lost to Colorado while beating Chadron (still making them 7-4), they would have had just 6 DI wins and the committee likely wouldn't have even considered them.

Anyway, the point is that there's precedent for Weber's head-to-head win being the deciding factor even if they lose this week. In other words, Weber losing pulls Montana down with them.

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 03:51 AM
Not really. Take away the FBS losses & PSU was 7-2 while MSU was 7-4. The Vikings actually had a better FBS win (bowl-bound New Mexico) while the Bobcats had a DII loss (Chadron). The irony is that, if Montana State had done as expected & lost to Colorado while beating Chadron (still making them 7-4), they would have had just 6 DI wins and the committee likely wouldn't have even considered them.

Anyway, the point is that there's precedent for Weber's head-to-head win being the deciding factor even if they lose this week. In other words, Weber losing pulls Montana down with them.I have to disagree with you.

If Weber loses, they will share the BSC championship. Being co-conference champs would improve the Griz resume. Also, the Griz will be 11-1. I don't there's ever been a Montana team that had 10 wins or more that didn't receive a seed.

Sure, the Weber loss would look worse, but not enough to warrant an 11-1 Montana team to be snubbed for a seed, considering they already have a good enough resume even with the Weber loss. Knock WSU out of the seed conversation, hand the Griz the BSC Championship, and I don't think there's any way you can deny an 11-1 Montana team a seed.

However, let's beat the Cats, first. Even if we don't get a seed, beating the Cats is the only thing that's important to me right now.

I want to see them suffer! xnodxxlolx

UM - 45
MSU - 27

I predict a close first half (maybe 21-17), and then a Griz runaway.

xnodx

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 04:34 AM
I have to disagree with you.

If Weber loses, they will share the BSC championship. Being co-conference champs would improve the Griz resume. Also, the Griz will be 11-1. I don't there's ever been a Montana team that had 10 wins or more that didn't receive a seed.

The 2002 team went 10-2 and didn't receive a seed (lost the last 2). All the other 10+ win teams were undefeated against FCS except for the 2000 Griz (lost to Hofstra, then won 10 straight; swept the Big Sky). I hope the Griz get a seed, of course, but there's stiff competition and the loss to Weber definitely hurts in the tiebreaker department, as does not having an all DI schedule. On the plus side, the win over Cal Poly definitely helps in that it's unlikely they'll be considered ahead of Montana even if they happen to upset Wisconsin (assuming the Griz win, of course).

Sure, the Weber loss would look worse, but not enough to warrant an 11-1 Montana team to be snubbed for a seed, considering they already have a good enough resume even with the Weber loss. Knock WSU out of the seed conversation, hand the Griz the BSC Championship, and I don't think there's any way you can deny an 11-1 Montana team a seed.

I'm not sure a loss knocks Weber out of the seed discussion, particularly if, say, Villanova gets upset by Delaware or something like that.

The Griz do have a good shot at a seed if Weber loses, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it's anywhere near a certainty. Weber should beat Eastern, though, so this whole thing likely won't be an issue anyway.

However, let's beat the Cats, first. Even if we don't get a seed, beating the Cats is the only thing that's important to me right now.

I want to see them suffer! xnodxxlolx

UM - 45
MSU - 27

I predict a close first half (maybe 21-17), and then a Griz runaway.

xnodx

Oh, come on. There's no way the 'Cats score 27 points, not on a Griz starting D that's given up no more than 12 since the Weber loss. xthumbsupx

If they get 27, it's because UM handed them the points.

EdubAlum
November 21st, 2008, 09:42 AM
screamin' eagle can say what he wants. but personally i'd rather us lose the Weber game just so Montana's Big Sky Conference Championship streak comes to a halt. anybody else?

Ronbo
November 21st, 2008, 09:50 AM
The 2002 team went 10-2 and didn't receive a seed (lost the last 2). All the other 10+ win teams were undefeated against FCS except for the 2000 Griz (lost to Hofstra, then won 10 straight; swept the Big Sky). I hope the Griz get a seed, of course, but there's stiff competition and the loss to Weber definitely hurts in the tiebreaker department, as does not having an all DI schedule. On the plus side, the win over Cal Poly definitely helps in that it's unlikely they'll be considered ahead of Montana even if they happen to upset Wisconsin (assuming the Griz win, of course).

I'm not sure a loss knocks Weber out of the seed discussion, particularly if, say, Villanova gets upset by Delaware or something like that.

The Griz do have a good shot at a seed if Weber loses, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it's anywhere near a certainty. Weber should beat Eastern, though, so this whole thing likely won't be an issue anyway.

Oh, come on. There's no way the 'Cats score 27 points, not on a Griz starting D that's given up no more than 12 since the Weber loss. xthumbsupx

If they get 27, it's because UM handed them the points.

I don't think I ever remember any 11-1 team being left out of the seeds. I think it would be a first.

Anyone know if there ever was an 11-1 team, not from the MEAC that didn't get a seed?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
screamin' eagle can say what he wants. but personally i'd rather us lose the Weber game just so Montana's Big Sky Conference Championship streak comes to a halt. anybody else?

Down right Spiteful! :p :D

SactoHornetFan
November 21st, 2008, 10:27 AM

What about basketball :D

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2008, 10:58 AM

I'd say the former.

I think you are more right than wrong on your assumption, but a big part of that is that EWU wins against Montana more than anyone else in the conference. So we have seen them play the spoiler well.

montanafan
November 21st, 2008, 11:13 AM
Hey guys fresh off the press.

Unreal, happening in Montana

Can you believe this could happen in Montana ?

Missoula, Montana (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Missoula courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Montana State Bobcats football team, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

:D :D :D

CopperCat
November 21st, 2008, 11:17 AM
Hey guys fresh off the press.

Unreal, happening in Montana

Can you believe this could happen in Montana ?

Missoula, Montana (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Missoula courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Montana State Bobcats football team, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

:D :D :D

Looks like griz fans are running out of material.xcoffeex

mtgrizfankb
November 21st, 2008, 11:31 AM

i liked it, it was fun....... its hard to come up with good winning material..... we win so much and you win so little.... there is only so much you can say about that.xthumbsupx

GrizFamily
November 21st, 2008, 11:34 AM

Say what you want, but that's funny :D xlolx xnodx

GtFllsGriz
November 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
All in good fun! I have been getting the same kind of stuff from my Bobcat friends. Love this time of year and the rivalry!

rob_p469
November 21st, 2008, 11:49 AM

I would like that many points, but I think the kitty D is better than we think. Griz 19- Kitty Cats-6

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM

As much as I'd like to see the Griz' streak of conference championships end, I put the team first. Finishing this implosion of a season with win over Weber would do wonders for the team and be a huge block to build on going into the offseason in prep for Nichols', Boyce's, Brown's and many other's senior season.

So really it's a win/win situation. xthumbsupx

CatFan22
November 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM
I would like that many points, but I think the kitty D is better than we think. Griz 19- Kitty Cats-6

So if our D is better, that means our O can't be as good?xlolx

Silenoz
November 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
So if your D is better, that means our O can't be as good?xlolx

I'll take our O at every single position (now that Bostick is done)

CatFan22
November 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
I'll take our O at every single position (now that Bostick is done)

I meant to say "our" in my post for the record.
But to reply to you, I'll take a Crawford, Mason, and Palmer over your three RBs any day. And the way our O-line is playing, I'll take them too. Schriebeis is just as good as any of your TEs, but there is a rumor that Bostick might play, so be aware. xnodx
I'll give you your QBs and your receivers, however.

Silenoz
November 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't trade Reynolds, Schulte and Schmidt for those three. You can argue for either team's RBs though

gbhmt
November 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't trade Reynolds, Schulte and Schmidt for those three. You can argue for either team's RBs though

Eh not really. They're essentially equal with a balance of different styles on each side.

mvemjsunpx
November 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM

I was banking on points off turnovers being a factor… in UM's favor, of course.

The Bobcats are 7th. in the Big Sky in turnover margin (-0.45 pg) & 8th. in turnovers committed (2.73 pg)

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 08:16 PM
I meant to say "our" in my post for the record.
But to reply to you, I'll take a Crawford, Mason, and Palmer over your three RBs any day. And the way our O-line is playing, I'll take them too. Schriebeis is just as good as any of your TEs, but there is a rumor that Bostick might play, so be aware. xnodx
I'll give you your QBs and your receivers, however.Methinks after you see Reynolds on Saturday, you'll change your mind. xwhistlex

Kid's just a sophomore, too. xnodx

JALMOND
November 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM

PSU was 1-2 against FBS teams, that all three went to bowls that year. Colorado was nowhere near bowl eligible.

Don't even get me started on that one.

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
PSU was 1-2 against FBS teams, that all three went to bowls that year. Colorado was nowhere near bowl eligible.

Don't even get me started on that one.I was just talking to a girl from CU just yesterday in Sophia's cafeteria who follows the football team who went off on a rant about how 2006 was the lowest point in Colorado football that she'd ever seen. I brought up that MSU is our rival, and she became an instant Griz fan. xlolxxnodx

JALMOND
November 21st, 2008, 08:33 PM
I was just talking to a girl from CU just yesterday in Sophia's cafeteria who follows the football team who went off on a rant about how 2006 was the lowest point in Colorado football that she'd ever seen. I brought up that MSU is our rival, and she became an instant Griz fan. xlolxxnodx

Not the Cats fault, they played extremely well against Colorado. Also, not really the Cats fault we were left out. By rights the committee should have taken three Big Sky teams that year, which kind of showed as both the Cats and Griz won the first round. Just easy to blame them as they are in the same conference.

uofmman1122
November 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM
Not the Cats fault, they played extremely well against Colorado. Also, not really the Cats fault we were left out. By rights the committee should have taken three Big Sky teams that year. Just easy to blame them as they are in the same conference.Agreed. It would have been better to take all three.

However, I can't argue too much against the Cats, since they did pound the ever-loving ***** out of Furple. xlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

Wait, I forgot what tomorrow is.

And then they proceeded to be manhandled by ASU, since we know the Cats don't like treading into those unknown waters known as "Beyond the Second Round~~~" xlolx

NoCoDanny
November 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM
We will lose. Our season was over about mid way into the 2nd quarter of the Montana game. I called it then and I was right, we folded up like a pup tent there and the season was over.

JALMOND
November 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM

End the year 56-12 after 3-1 the final weekend. Gotta love that PSU prediction, along with the ISU win.

GolfingGriz
November 23rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks Eastern for proving me horribly wrong.xthumbsupx