PDA

View Full Version : The sweetest scene

GrizzlyBill
November 18th, 2008, 11:03 PM
The sweetest scene would be for the Bobcats to pull out a close win over the Griz in an epic game this Saturday, then get snubbed by the Committee, and for the Griz to win the NC going through 2 out of the 3: Weber, AppSt, and JMU in the last 2 rounds. That way the Cats could say they beat the best, and are really National Champs.

That would be homer sweet. See I'm not a Cat hater. They showed much heart last Saturday, but actually, it won't be enough this week. I expect the Griz will be taking no chances.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
The sweetest scene would be for the Bobcats to pull out a close win over the Griz in an epic game this Saturday, then get snubbed by the Committee, and for the Griz to win the NC going through 2 out of the 3: Weber, AppSt, and JMU in the last 2 rounds. That way the Cats could say they beat the best, and are really National Champs.

That would be homer sweet. See I'm not a Cat hater. They showed much heart last Saturday, but actually, it won't be enough this week. I expect the Griz will be taking no chances.

Well, I'll be a cat hater this week for you then xsmiley_wix
I want to watch the Griz play next weekend, so they better win.

GolfingGriz
November 18th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I would never give a win to the bobcats. This game means to much, just ask the team that loses.

GrizzlyBill
November 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I would never give a win to the bobcats. This game means to much, just ask the team that loses.

I know, I know. I wasn't all that serious. I just like the irony in the scenario.

GolfingGriz
November 18th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I know, I know. I wasn't all that serious. I just like the irony in the scenario.

I understand where you are coming from, but not this week. I've learned that the only thing that heals a loss is a win the next year.

th0m
November 19th, 2008, 03:30 AM
If you lose this weekend, you're not going to get a seed, and will likely play at least one road game before the championship....

I'm not sayin'...just sayin'....

Edge316007
November 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
They could beat MSU this weekend and steal the #4 seed if other teams struggle (and maybe even if they don't). Then, they could face JMU in the final four and App in the championship. Potentially, Weber could not get a seed and they could head to Montana in round 2 as well.

Don't have to lose to go through the gauntlet.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 19th, 2008, 10:32 AM
You're Sweetest Scene is what happened to GSU last year. We beat app at their house, broke their home winning streak and then missed the playoffs by 2 inches on a last second FG.

DB_Atlantic10
November 19th, 2008, 10:56 AM
You're Sweetest Scene is what happened to GSU last year. We beat app at their house, broke their home winning streak and then missed the playoffs by 2 inches on a last second FG. Two inches.....Did it hit the upright? Since the poll is about 6 inches thick, you would have to have missed by 8 inches if you didn't hit the upright.....xlolx

grizband
November 19th, 2008, 11:06 AM
They could beat MSU this weekend and steal the #4 seed if other teams struggle (and maybe even if they don't). Then, they could face JMU in the final four and App in the championship. Potentially, Weber could not get a seed and they could head to Montana in round 2 as well.

Don't have to lose to go through the gauntlet.
Imagine that scenario, and add Cal Poly, Montana's playoff schedule could potentially be:

Round 1: Cal Poly
Round 2: Weber State
Round 3: JMU
Round 4: App State

xeekx Talk about running the gauntlet!

Seven Would Be Nice
November 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Two inches.....Did it hit the upright? Since the poll is about 6 inches thick, you would have to have missed by 8 inches if you didn't hit the upright.....xlolx

It went right over the top of the left post. Everyone thought it went in except the ONE ref under a post. I think the other guy called it good, then changed his call. It's hard to remember with so much emotion going through your brain in such a short time.

joecooll6
November 19th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Anyone think the Cats could have an advantage with the young Grizzlies looking ahead to the playoffs like a young team may be prone to do?

89Hen
November 19th, 2008, 12:27 PM
The sweetest scene would be for the Bobcats to pull out a close win over the Griz in an epic game this Saturday, then get snubbed by the Committee
The Committee owes them two. xrulesx