PDA

View Full Version : Why do all the tickets online for the national championship game suck?

AlphaSigMD
November 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Sorry for the crude title, but I was doing it in order to attract more attention.

I have checked back at the stadium website 10-20 times since the initial release of the tickets and it doesn't seem like they have ever opened up the lower levels or anything in the first few rows of the 2nd level.

Any idea on what might be going on in chattanooga?

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't know anything about national championship game tickets, although you should.

AlphaSigMD
November 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I probably should have mentioned that I am pretty much going to go, regardless of teams.

tingly
November 18th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Do the semifinal winners get a huge allotment to sell?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Do the semifinal winners get a huge allotment to sell?

That would be my guess. I'm sure most of the good seats are already "sold" to the eventual finalists. What you're looking at is seats that are already opened up to the general public.

JayJ79
November 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I would HOPE that a good portion of the good seats are reserved for the two teams in the game. Plus, I'm sure there are corporate sponsors that get some tickets.

Opening the good seats to the general public via online sales this early just makes it far too easy for scalpers.
And I HATE scalpers.

Touchdown Yosef
November 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I would HOPE that a good portion of the good seats are reserved for the two teams in the game. Plus, I'm sure there are corporate sponsors that get some tickets.

Opening the good seats to the general public via online sales this early just makes it far too easy for scalpers.
And I HATE scalpers.

Good point! Last year you could get seats on the 50 when the went on sale early which at first glance was great but I think it did eventually play right into scalpers hands. I am all for holding the best seats for the eventual participants. Good move on Chatty's part, put the fans on the 50 and in the lower levels!

The first two years I sat lower level but all the way down on the goal line when i bought tickets through the university, last year I scalped tickets and sat right on the 50 in actual seats instead of bleachers. There was not a better seat in the house but I paid dearly for them from a scalper.

ericsaid
November 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I got a thing in the mail from ASU's ticket office saying the allotment to semi final winners would be significantly lower than previous years. Maybe they are waiting to put them on sale because of all the profit people were making off of them last year who bought them for regular price and sold them for way way way more than they were worth.

ASUGirl703
November 18th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I've heard app is only getting around 3800. This includes yosef club, students, and friends/family of football team. No clue what is going on though.