PDA

View Full Version : TxSt vs Nicholls Highlight Video - Sneak peek of a Playoff team?

MaximumBobcat
November 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Figured I'd help some of y'all east coasters out if you haven't seen TxSt play this year...there's a good chance we can make the playoffs, so here's a link to last weeks game where we beat Nicholls St 34-10. The previous two games, Nicholls had knocked off ranked Mcneese St and Central Arkansas.

http://newstreamz.com/2008/11/18/newstreamz-video-extra-texas-state-versus-nicholls-state

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Spooney-Cat
November 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Love it.

Bobcat94
November 18th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Alvin Canady with the stiff-arm....Get your boat ready!:D

JohnStOnge
November 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I hope not. I mean the "playoff team part." I hope Sam Houston State prevents that from happening. I think Texas State is the third best team in the Southland (with the probably the best being inelligible and the second best having screwed up). I mean, if I was a Texas State fan of COURSE I'd want them in. And since I'm a McNeese fan of COURSE I don't want them in. But I think if you're a Southland fan you don't want a team that's currently ranked 39th in the GPI, 41st in the average rankings at http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm (no higher than 22nd in ANY ranking system) representing the league in the playoffs.

MaximumBobcat
November 18th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I hope not. I mean the "playoff team part." I hope Sam Houston State prevents that from happening. I think Texas State is the third best team in the Southland (with the probably the best being inelligible and the second best having screwed up). I mean, if I was a Texas State fan of COURSE I'd want them in. And since I'm a McNeese fan of COURSE I don't want them in. But I think if you're a Southland fan you don't want a team that's currently ranked 39th in the GPI, 41st in the average rankings at http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm (no higher than 22nd in ANY ranking system) representing the league in the playoffs.

When our offense is clicking on all cylinders...like you saw at The Hole this season...I honestly believe we can compete with any team, any defense in FCS and win.

Also, our defense has grown by leaps and bounds in the 2nd half of the season and has improved even since the game with McNeese.

If we're clicking...I think that TxSt can get a 1st round playoff win. xnodx

Bobcat94
November 18th, 2008, 08:03 PM
McNeese = OVER RATED!!!!

I think we just scored again!

xlolx

TXST_CAT
November 18th, 2008, 08:56 PM

Lets look at margin of victory

TXST vs McNeese +3
TXST Vs UCA -7
TXST Vs SFA +41
TXST Vs NWST -3 (OT)
TXST Vs SELA +14
TXST Vs Nicholls +24

McNeese vs TXST -3
McNeese Vs SAM +11
McNeese Vs Nicholls -3
McNeese Vs SELA +10
McNeese Vs SFA +11
McNeese Vs NWST+7

UCA Vs SAM +2
UCA Vs TXST +7
UCA Vs SELA +7
UCA Vs Nicholls -3
UCA vs NWST +36
UCA Vs SFA +8

Look about even to me.
xthumbsupx

McNeese75
November 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
xlolx You guys are absolutly STARVING for attention. I have not seen these kind of antics since my kids were young. :D

Just keep winning and the notoriety will come eventually. ;)

txstatebobcat
November 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Normally I would agree with you, but you have to understand that this bobcat team has really progressed throughout the season. At the beginning of the season the bobcats had possibly the worst defense in the country, Bradley George (starting QB) was our own worst enemy on offense (five turnovers in the first five drives). Seriously there were several of us who were wondering if we were going to have any more wins after the Northern Colorado game.

slycat
November 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Amazing how fast it went from "we suck fire the coach" to "we're the best".

TXST_CAT
November 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM
xlolx You guys are absolutly STARVING for attention. I have not seen these kind of antics since my kids were young. :D

Just keep winning and the notoriety will come eventually. ;)

xshhhx If we make the playoffs I like our odds. No one is considering us a dangerous team and I would love to see us shock everyone with a first round upset. xsmiley_wix

TXST_CAT
November 18th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Amazing how fast it went from "we suck fire the coach" to "we're the best".

:D The best thing about this season is how many of our Key players will be returning. Not to mention all the talent waiting to get Playtime.
xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

McNeese75
November 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
xshhhx If we make the playoffs I like our odds. No one is considering us a dangerous team and I would love to see us shock everyone with a first round upset. xsmiley_wix

Cats have the offensive talent to give somebody fits. The trick will be for them to keep their focus in Wash-Griz xnodx

slycat
November 19th, 2008, 05:15 PM
:D The best thing about this season is how many of our Key players will be returning. Not to mention all the talent waiting to get Playtime.
xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

I am very excited about the next couple years.

slostang
November 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I would love to see Cal Poly and Texas State play every year. I think we could get a good OOC rivalry going. Good chance we may see each other this year. Best of luck this Saturday.

Bobcat94
November 19th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Cats have the offensive talent to give somebody fits. The trick will be for them to keep their focus in Wash-Griz xnodx

I've been wanting to see the Bobcats from Texas play Montana. I was one asking for the coach's job early on :o Guess I might be wrong:D

Cat79
November 20th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I would love to see Cal Poly and Texas State play every year. I think we could get a good OOC rivalry going. Good chance we may see each other this year. Best of luck this Saturday.

Cal Poly and Texas State would be a fun game to watch. I would look forward to the battle. Both teams will have to face Big Sky teams in the first round.

El Gato
November 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Cal Poly and Texas State would be a fun game to watch. I would look forward to the battle. Both teams will have to face Big Sky teams in the first round.

whoooa. Lets not get to ahead of ourselves. Both teams could face Big Sky teams assuming the Bobcats take care of business this Sat. Take care of Bomar and co. first and then lets talk about the hypothetical match ups.