PDA

View Full Version : THE 144TH EDITION OF LEHIGH/LAFAYETTE!

ngineer
November 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
While Carney has his weekly PL thread including this clash, I believe this GAME deserves it's own thread for the antagonists to let fly with their erudite observations about this year's edition of College Football's Most Played Rivalry. (Omniscient Third Parties are welcome, too ;) ) While playoffs are not on the line, this ends up making the GAME the Bowl Game for both schools. What unusual trick play or odd circumstance will add to the Legend of Lehigh/Lafayette?

Without repeating my prognistication on Carney's thread, I will just go with the gut instinct that Lehigh NEEDS this game whereas Lafayette WANTS the game. There is some speculation that Andy Coen's job is on the line with the outcome. I tend to doubt that. Unless there would be a complete blow-out, which is highly unlikely. However, if Coen is to get the needed 'bounce' to take his team into the off-season with optimism for the Spring, he needs this game, otherwise 2009 could be his last without a significant improvement in the W-L Department.

Both teams have injury and psychological questions...Will McGowan return for his swan song? And if so, will he be healed enough to be effective? Who will QB for Lafayette? Is there some dissension under the surface as to who will be taking the snaps? Will Jason Leo get his head screwed on properly to make what will be critical PATs and FGs? Will LC's toast CB recover with vengeance, or be gun shy of Yansane getting deep?

I think I'm just getting warmed up, so I'll let the rest of you chime in.

Lehigh74
November 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
LFN started a Lehigh / Lafayette tread on November 15 which already has almost 30 posts. My suggestion would be to keep using that tread instead of starting another.

Go...gate
November 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
While Carney has his weekly PL thread including this clash, I believe this GAME deserves it's own thread for the antagonists to let fly with their erudite observations about this year's edition of College Football's Most Played Rivalry. (Omniscient Third Parties are welcome, too ;) ) While playoffs are not on the line, this ends up making the GAME the Bowl Game for both schools. What unusual trick play or odd circumstance will add to the Legend of Lehigh/Lafayette?

Without repeating my prognistication on Carney's thread, I will just go with the gut instinct that Lehigh NEEDS this game whereas Lafayette WANTS the game. There is some speculation that Andy Coen's job is on the line with the outcome. I tend to doubt that. Unless there would be a complete blow-out, which is highly unlikely. However, if Coen is to get the needed 'bounce' to take his team into the off-season with optimism for the Spring, he needs this game, otherwise 2009 could be his last without a significant improvement in the W-L Department.

Both teams have injury and psychological questions...Will McGowan return for his swan song? And if so, will he be healed enough to be effective? Who will QB for Lafayette? Is there some dissension under the surface as to who will be taking the snaps? Will Jason Leo get his head screwed on properly to make what will be critical PATs and FGs? Will LC's toast CB recover with vengeance, or be gun shy of Yansane getting deep?

I think I'm just getting warmed up, so I'll let the rest of you chime in.

Count me out....you Lehigh men are too highbrow for me. :D xlolx