PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS Playoff Question

appstate1998
November 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I was just visiting my favorite bartender whom I've said previously has a little sister who Cheers for Wofford. She wants to know what the consensus is if Wofford wins this weekend that they will get a home game. She is trying to plan Thanksgiving festivities so I need your help lol.

I told her I thought they would get a home game if they won out but she says little sis says no one thinks they have any chance of a home game on campus.

Khan4Cats
November 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I guess if the feeling on campus is that they won't get one, then it will probably come to pass as they must not be confident in their ability to make a bid.

A first round match-up with South Carolina State seems likely by geography purposes. Will/can SC State out-bid Wofford or is it will/can Wofford out-bid SC State?

Houndawg
November 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I was just visiting my favorite bartender whom I've said previously has a little sister who Cheers for Wofford. She wants to know what the consensus is if Wofford wins this weekend that they will get a home game. She is trying to plan Thanksgiving festivities so I need your help lol.

I told her I thought they would get a home game if they won out but she says little sis says no one thinks they have any chance of a home game on campus.

If she'll come sit on uncle houndawg's lap he'll give her the inside skinny.xnodx

appstate1998
November 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
if you saw the picture in the other thread of the cheerleader sister....you would really wanna see the older sister lol...Monday and Thursdays she bartends....Mondays and Thursdays are the only days it's hard to find a seat at the bar

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Hard to say...if Mr. Richardson contributes than they might.

beauvighn
November 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I would think Mr. Richardson has probably already been contacted. If he wants Wofford to have a home playoff game, trust me, they will have a home game.

OldSouth
November 17th, 2008, 06:58 PM
App hasn't always been a top seed going into the playoffs. Last year they could have been traveling weeks 2 & 3 but with some lucky scheduling and upsets they had home field throughout including Kidd Brewer West.

ValleyChamp
November 17th, 2008, 07:02 PM
My god, now that IS serious.

millwoga1
November 17th, 2008, 07:08 PM

can you really blame the Wofford folks for not thinking we will get a home game. Last year we got the socon autobid and were shipped to Montana.

ValleyChamp
November 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

can you really blame the Wofford folks for not thinking we will get a home game. Last year we got the socon autobid and were shipped to Montana.

xbawlingx

If I remember correctly, that worked out pretty well for you.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
xbawlingx

If I remember correctly, that worked out pretty well for you.

Yeah but I like watching our home games live.;)

Fear The Beard
November 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM
The Terriers need to remember that money thing. If you aren't seeded and you want a home game your athletic department needs to put in a winning bid for a game. That and a few upsets kept App State at home last year. Money talks with the NCAA.

appstate1998
November 17th, 2008, 07:33 PM
The Terriers need to remember that money thing. If you aren't seeded and you want a home game your athletic department needs to put in a winning bid for a game. That and a few upsets kept App State at home last year. Money talks with the NCAA.

football would be so different on TV if advertising dollars weren't a factor

beauvighn
November 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I fear there would be no football on TV without advertising dollars

appstate1998
November 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I fear there would be no football on TV without advertising dollars

agree completely...but you rarely see the best teams play because it's all about who watches the game or who has the most fans tuning in.

tingly
November 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Wofford's attendance average is under 8000, no chance to host.
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM

That's because we don't play App or GSU at home this year IMO. We never really sell out a game. The best attendance we had was '03 and it was about 12,000 a year, it didn't matter that year because we were seeded.

walliver
November 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM

Wofford has hosted three playoff games in the last five years, including a second round game last year against Richmond. The NCAA doesn't care about attendance as long as the check clears.xnodx

inpsite1919
November 19th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Tell her to get ready to visit Bulldog Country, but at least Wofford doesn't have to pay SCSU to use our band this year. You will get to see them for Free.

Native
November 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
football would be so different on TV if advertising dollars weren't a factor

Yup. There would not be as many teams, scholarships or players. :(

DSUrocks07
November 19th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Wofford has hosted three playoff games in the last five years, including a second round game last year against Richmond. The NCAA doesn't care about attendance as long as the check clears.xnodx

True. And if Wofford has the money to burn (and lose) for this...because even if they sell out the game, they won't get it back xnodx ...I believe that they'll do it. Must be nice to have Alumni with deep pockets. :(