PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Players of the Week.

Baldy
November 17th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Chapple, Dubose, Dallas and Roberts Receive Weekly Honors (http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=1626965)

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Southern Conference named its football players of the week today for the games played on Saturday, Nov. 15. Georgia Southern quarterback Lee Chapple was voted as the Offensive Player of the Week while teammate Dion Dubose was named Defensive Player of the Week. The Citadel running back Terrell Dallas was selected Freshman of the Week and fellow Bulldog, punt returner Andre Roberts, was tabbed Special Teams Player of the Week. The players of the week were selected by the league’s sports information directors."

I know I might be a little biased, but it's a very good sign that Chapple and Dubose were named POY and both are Freshmen. Even more impressive is that Dubose beat Quentin Taylor (SoCon's leading tackler) out of a job. xthumbsupx

Get used to hearing those two names for a few years to come. xnodx

CID1990
November 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Been saying all along that Chapple should have been starting over the tranny.

Baldy
November 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM

Hatcher alluded to the fact that he liked Henton at QB early in the season because of his running ability and durability due to the inexperience of the O-Line. When you think about it, that makes perfect sense. Chapple had great protection on Saturday and he was able to showcase his abilities.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Chapple's throws remind me of Joe Flacco's, and he is very accurate. He also has Ingle Martin style scrambling ability.

The biggest question marks will be at the receiver postition, but if GSU's OL gets better we will be set offensively.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2008, 06:50 PM
From what I can tell I think he fits the system better than Henton. It appears to be more of a Elon playbook than that of App's.

introvertedGSUfan
November 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
One of the main reasons I think that Henton started the majority of the games was due to his ability to rush with ease, which certainly helped with our young OL this year. Chapple's throwing accuracy and decision making appear superior to Henton's, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting more games next season.

Baldy
November 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
From what I can tell I think he fits the system better than Henton. It appears to be more of a Elon playbook than that of App's.

Absolutely, but you can probably take it as far as a Texas Tech style of offense as the type of O Hatcher wants to run. Mike Leach was Hatcher's Offensive Coordinator when he was playing at Valdosta State, and that is the type of players Hatch is attempting to recruit.

It's a shame that Andrews, McIntosh, and Camp's eligibility has expired because I think they would finally be able to blossom in this offense next season. Still, Cundari is only a Sophomore and Chapple, Urbano, Rozier, Russ, and Barney are all Freshmen and future of this offense looks truly bright.

I hope the coaches of our SoCon rivals are on the trail for some very fast, athletic, and physical Defensive Backs. ;)

introvertedGSUfan
November 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Absolutely, but you can probably take it as far as a Texas Tech style of offense as the type of O Hatcher wants to run. Mike Leach was Hatcher's Offensive Coordinator when he was playing at Valdosta State, and that is the type of players Hatch is attempting to recruit.

It's a shame that Andrews, McIntosh, and Camp's eligibility has expired because I think they would finally be able to blossom in this offense next season. Still, Cundari is only a Sophomore and Chapple, Urbano, Rozier, Russ, and Barney are all Freshmen and future of this offense looks truly bright.

I hope the coaches of our SoCon rivals are on the trail for some very fast, athletic, and physical Defensive Backs. ;)

Wow, I never knew that Leach had that connection with Hatcher. That's pretty awesome.

gofurman
November 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM

Why did you have to bring Chapple in against us? LOL