PDA

View Full Version : Hey Seawolves

Purple7
November 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I was listening to the VMI-Stony Brook game coming back from Harrisonburg on Saturday evening. Near the end of the game, a SB player went down with a serious injury. The VMI announcers were extremely concerned. I am hoping for the best for him. I was wondering if anyone has an update. I can't recall the player's name.

catamount man
November 17th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I watched the last quarter or so after the Furman-GSU game and this player was hurt BAD. Game was delayed nearly 10 minutes and they took him off on a stretcher. Can't remember his name though. Other than that, it was a good football game. SB made some waves in their 1st year in the Big South and Sparky, even at 3-7, has VMI improving. I hope VMI beats Presbyterian this week.

Eight Legger
November 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
This is what Newsday had to say:

"Stony Brook junior defensive back Luis Altamiranda was carted off the field on a stretcher after being knocked unconscious during yesterday's 40-26 victory over VMI. He was reportedly moving his extremities and taken to Stony Brook University Hospital ..."

Seawolf97
November 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I havent heard anything. I was at the game when he went down blocking for a kick return . Thanks for everyones concern . If I get any updates I will post them. Thanks again to everyone.

Seawolf97
November 18th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks to everyone! Our linebacker was released from the hospital on Sunday with no permanent injuries and will make a full recovery.

Footballer31
November 18th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Good news indeed.

Purple7
November 19th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the news.