PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Week 13

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Final week of the regular season. My picks in bold:

Misery State @ Indiana State Trees blow last chance at a win.
SIU @ Ill State Dawgs clinch the autobid
YSU @ WIU Penguins finish a frustrating season
UNI @ Southern Utah Panthers D is the main reason they win
SDSU @ NDSU Just going for the home team in the rivalry game

leatherneck177
November 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Missouri State @ Indiana State They've been getting close. I think they actually pull it off this week.
SIU @ Illinois State Salukis by 20.
YSU @ WIU Western finishes season of should've, could'ves
UNI @ Southern Utah Panthers in a close one.
SDSU @ NDSU Bison finish season on a strong note.

JayJ79
November 17th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Missouri State @ Indiana State
The Trees ended their 24 game losing streak against the Bears @ home in 2006. I'm thinking they'll end their 25 game losing streak against the Bears @ home in 2008.

SIU @ Ill State
I'd like to see UNI get the autobid, but SIU can probably pull it out against the Birds.

YSU @ WIU
UNI @ Southern Utah.
Panthers probably won't get their 3rd straight shutout. But they should be able to win.

SDSU @ NDSU

Big Al
November 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM
MSU @ InSU - This is gonna be a rough one to watch.
SIU @ IllSt - Not enough for a seed.
YSU @ WIU - And so ends the season for the 2 woulda, coulda, shoulda teams.
UNI @ SUU - UNI would have a better workout hiking the hills around Cedar City.
SDSU @ NDSU - Mmmm, bison meat!

MplsBison
November 17th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Missouri State
Southern
Youngstown
Northern
NDSU

skinny_uncle
November 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Missouri State @ Indiana State They've been getting close. I think they actually pull it off this week.
SIU @ Illinois State Salukis by 20.
YSU @ WIU Western finishes season of should've, could'ves
UNI @ Southern Utah Panthers in a close one.
SDSU @ NDSU Bison finish season on a strong note.

Indiana State hasn't closer than 2 TDs to anyone since week 4 (SEMO).

leatherneck177
November 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM

Close by their standards. Either way, I have a feeling they pull this one out.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2008, 02:11 PM
MSU
SIU
UNI
NDSU
WIU

igo4uni
November 17th, 2008, 02:42 PM

Kind of off topic........but is there any hope at all for this program?? Indiana State makes Iowa State look like a win factory!!:D :D :D

MplsBison
November 17th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I do think they will drop football in the next couple seasons.

RabidRabbit
November 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Kind of off topic........but is there any hope at all for this program?? Indiana State makes Iowa State look like a win factory!!:D :D :D

They have a first year coach who's actually a graduate of In ST U. He recruited and played a LOT of Frosh this year. If they hang tough, and stay with the program, by 2010, they'll be middle of the pack in the MVFC.

They have almost the perfect storm situation for an upset of a very demoralized, highly injuried MSU Bears team. Trees play a whole game like they did the first half vs SDSU, they actually have a shot.xtwocentsx

RabidRabbit
November 17th, 2008, 03:56 PM
In St
WIU
SDSU
UNI

Jacks finally break that horrible consectutive losses in FARGO.

Saluki09
November 17th, 2008, 04:00 PM
People seem to forget how bad SIU was before Jerry Kill came to the program in 2001... There were talks back then of getting rid of the football program. Heck even Kill's first two seasons weren't that great, but we have gone to the playoffs every year since 2003. Recruiting was how Kill got it done, and if this new coach recruits well and develops the current freshmen who make up a majority of the roster, things could turn around for them in a couple years.

JayJ79
November 17th, 2008, 04:04 PM
They have a first year coach who's actually a graduate of In ST U. He recruited and played a LOT of Frosh this year. If they hang tough, and stay with the program, by 2010, they'll be middle of the pack in the MVFC.

They have almost the perfect storm situation for an upset of a very demoralized, highly injuried MSU Bears team. Trees play a whole game like they did the first half vs SDSU, they actually have a shot.xtwocentsx

I think it depends on the injury situation with MSU. Especially in the running game. If the weather in Terre Haute are anything like they were this past weekend, then the running game will play a major factor.

ISU's run defense is getting better. They did a fairly good job of containing UNI's Law and Lewis. (didn't STOP them by any means, but L&L didn't run wild).

When Missouri State played at UNI, I believe they were without both their first and second string RBs (I know that Kingjack didn't play at all). That, plus UNI's good D meant that MSU's running game was non-existant.

And Missouri State's running defense is.... not the best.

So yeah, I think the Sycamores have a decent chance of breaking the streak.

clenz
November 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I'm pulling for both ISU's this weekend.

Drblankstare
November 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM
MSU
ISU
WIU
UNI
NDSU

Houndawg
November 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM
People seem to forget how bad SIU was before Jerry Kill came to the program in 2001... There were talks back then of getting rid of the football program. Heck even Kill's first two seasons weren't that great, but we have gone to the playoffs every year since 2003. Recruiting was how Kill got it done, and if this new coach recruits well and develops the current freshmen who make up a majority of the roster, things could turn around for them in a couple years.

Lennon is obviously a very good coach to have been hired last December and be where he is today. The one worry I have is recruiting. Kill brought some very fast players here from Louisiana, would hate to lose that connection.

Khan4Cats
November 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I do think they will drop football in the next couple seasons.

Well that should confirm it. The Sycamores are here to stay.:D

As for this week:

Indiana State- I think the injuries to MSU have taken a toll and the Trees will be gunning for one to build on.
UNI- Southern Utah will not roll over like last year, will be a better tune-up for the play-offs. Panthers have a full week to practice with the players they have filling a few new roles (mainly special teams).
NDSU- Going with the home team and I think SDSU will still be a little down after the bubble burst last week.
WIU- Play calling will be Herb, Herb, Herb and more Herb (similar to Johnny Gray's housexrolleyesx ) to pad stats.
SIU- I'd like to claim the auto-bid and outright title, just don't think Denver's boys will be able to handle the Salukis, though.

ValleyChamp
November 17th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I truly think that Indiana State is alot better than last year. When I saw them last year at the Dome, I honestly did not think that any of them looked like D-1 caliber football players. I thought that this year, they had some decent looking players that could eventually win a few games.

With that said, it is still going to be a long time before they can be successfull. But hey, at least they get to play NDSU every year now.

achrist70
November 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I agree Indiana State looked like a completely different team than last year, just very young, give them a couple of years, and the could at least be competitive in the league.

MSUBear42
November 18th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Bears lose, TA retires, MSU drops football.

Sounds about right.xoopsx xoopsx

UNIFanSince1983
November 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I gotta go with

MSU -- Don't want a repeat of two years ago
UNI -- Tougher game than expected against a much improved team
YSU -- WIU's season is over they give up
SIU -- Just too tough for the Redbirds
NDSU -- The Jacks cannot win on the road...let alone in the FargoDome